General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Another failed gated sump causing engine meltdown

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Rebuilding 2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .

Originally Posted by flannigan
no offence thats all well and dandy but who is to say that this map has come from its sorce and not via sombody like yourself ?
See your point totally but it's Origen can be proved as I have the original chip with sticker on ... Just throwing something in the mix ! Nothing to prove and nowt to hide just a tech debate
Old 09-08-2012, 11:06 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i vote on give up lock the thread jay nothing will be 1100% conclusive or at least this is what i am led to believe by what i have read on this thread
Old 09-08-2012, 11:09 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

also i would like to add

did u know Giraffes can go without water longer than a camel. That’s wild!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:15 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mechanic28
also i would like to add

thats because they can fill up to the back of the teeth lol
Old 09-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Rebuilding 2012

Default .

i vote on give up lock the thread jay nothing will be 1100% conclusive or at least this is what i am led to believe by what i have read on this thread
Understand what you are saying but its a forum and this is a tech debate ... Piston pics needed and just to remember its only 3. 5 to 4 deg over the calculation therefore chance is where I mapped it and hit top line to find mbt then worked back was correct . . What everyone is missing is eaven tho my charge for mapping was low I still spent 4 hours on said car ... No one is bum licking anyone ! Stu I have had contact with many times and also share the same feelings about exs lol Stu is clever and in my book there is him and mark shead
Old 09-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Rebuilding 2012

Sorry hit wrong button . There is him and mark shead that really produce amazing results .. Karl has done the same I have seen his work first hand .. But all aside you will never no unless you try . I have had some good results and bad ones .. Fact is to tOny is post pics lets have it's debate fairly !
Old 09-08-2012, 11:29 PM
SiZT
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebuilding 2012
I'm going to post up a 803 greens chip figures and pictures of map Tommorow .. I want all your tech opinions then I'll show it's Origen
It's one of Tony's chips, you've already told us

Originally Posted by Ima Racing
Steve did u use THAT cheap engine??
So it's all your fault then??

Originally Posted by 750hp escos
There is many ways it could of detted but if it was alittle bit at a time from spark then it will look like loads of little bits of piston missing around the rings like something eating it away on the exhaust side..

If it was a fueling failure it will look more like a melted scrape where the piston is grabbing the bore due to to much heat build up..

Im sure others can give a better description but thats a couple to hand..

cheers danny
Essentially the difference between a det damaged piston and a heat damaged piston

Originally Posted by Jay,
no you missed my point mate IF rainbirds tables are exact then your igntion show a average +4 of average at those points so if the car was rich enough then maybe it could of been safer Dan After all it is a common conception that the car will be richer on a dyno than on a road
What spec was Rainbirds chip for? T4 and 55lb he's mentioned
Old 09-08-2012, 11:38 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

The Statue of Liberty's index finger is eight feet long
Old 09-08-2012, 11:43 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Jay,
no you missed my point mate IF rainbirds tables are exact then your igntion show a average +4 of average at those points so if the car was rich enough then maybe it could of been safer Dan After all it is a common conception that the car will be richer on a dyno than on a road
Yes they were conservative figure worked out on that rough spec and lukes ones that have been posted by tony on this thread are actual live ones from the dyno..

as for the cars being richer on rollers to road that is not the case when mapping on a dd rr because the boost seen on last graph is the boost used when mapping so afr and boost would be the same on road..

If a car makes less boost on the dyno to the road then yes it will appear to be richer on the dyno but as said that isnt the case here plus with the fueling luke left the car with it would of had to of made a lot more boost on road to even worry..
Originally Posted by Rebuilding 2012
Sorry hit wrong button . There is him and mark shead that really produce amazing results .. Karl has done the same I have seen his work first hand .. But all aside you will never no unless you try . I have had some good results and bad ones .. Fact is to tOny is post pics lets have it's debate fairly !

Yes all the best afrs seen on the dd rr where marks,stus live maps and karls live maps...

the only thing you could say about any of the live maps was that they were abit rich at the top where you would expect as mapping on the road right up there for any lengths is a bloody hard job..

The black escos i bought of this site had an nms engine and map and was awesome..the day i got it back we put it on rollers and it made 357 hp and 362 lb ft iirc..

The boost was 34 psi peak and 28 held and the afr went from .85 down to .74 at the end ,luke trimmed the fuelling a bit and got a bit more spark in there with the help of tractive effort on the dd rr and we got 390 hp and 405 lb ft out of it!!

This was over 2 years ago now and its still going strong now,even the t34 is holding up!!

cheers danny
Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
Understand the fine detail? I doubt I understand any of it. Don't try and belittle me, you just end up looking like a cunt. I can clearly see though that Danny has posted everything he's been asked too, and people are still having a go at him.

Benni
by butting in when you don't understand it just to try and get back at chip in some silly way, you belittle yourself you pathetic troll.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:47 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where's the pics of the pistons Tony? You got time to post on here and say you havent got time to take a picture. In that time you could have taken a picture and uploaded
Old 10-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Where's the pics of the pistons Tony? You got time to post on here and say you havent got time to take a picture. In that time you could have taken a picture and uploaded
I know
it adds to the drama

seriously though I am very busy and when I am sat near the pistons I'm not sat near the camera and when I am sat near the camera I'm not sat near the pistons
I am waiting till the rope is long enough and the hole is deep enough
We just need to get danny to take in the fact that the fpr pipe didn't come off but moonstone is fed up of posting this for it to fall on deaf ears
and I have to agree with Ima here what sort of person would set up his old engine to run 500 bhp
Moonstone has seen the pistons as he took them out he asked me what this funny pitting was and why the ring was trapped I told him it was the dreaded piston cancer roflol

Last edited by Turbosystems; 10-08-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 AM
v man
Zee Germans are coming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also i would like to add

And the human body has the same amount of bones in the neck as a giraffe. That's just crazy!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:14 AM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by v man
And the human body has the same amount of bones in the neck as a giraffe. That's just crazy!
No, I once coughed hiccup'd and sharted at the same time! THAT was crazy
Old 10-08-2012, 10:16 AM
cossie891
BANNED
BANNED

Cool fact time again

Did you know the the woodpecker has a really long tongue that it wraps it around its brain to protect it when dropping the nut trees
Old 10-08-2012, 10:17 AM
cossie891
BANNED
BANNED

Brad what's sharted mate
Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 AM
ozmk1cos
PassionFord Regular

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?um=1...9,r:8,s:0,i:98
Old 10-08-2012, 10:35 AM
cossie891
BANNED
BANNED

Lmfao I thought it was something like that
Old 10-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Old 10-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

I shart quite often. It's not good.

Did you know a giraffe has no vocal cords.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Must say it does seem weird that this was such a big deal to tony but he hasnt bothered to just grab a quick phone pic of the pistons (or get someone else to if he doesnt own a phone, lol)
Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Chip,

Apprently the fpr pipe didnt come off at all, so im not sure where the argument is actually at anymore lol
Old 10-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Hang on a mo..... Steve, can you clarify something??

Did the vaccum pipe come off your Dump Valve, or your FPR? I was under the impression, from the thread back when it actually happened, that it came off the FPR. Now people are saying it came off the d/v?

Which was it mate?
Old 10-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rab
Hang on a mo..... Steve, can you clarify something??

Did the vaccum pipe come off your Dump Valve, or your FPR? I was under the impression, from the thread back when it actually happened, that it came off the FPR. Now people are saying it came off the d/v?

Which was it mate?
And are the two t-pieced together of course, cause if they are then it would still drop the fuel pressure if either one came off.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:05 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Im now fed up with whole thing tbh..

Tony was being a child and ignoring me because he still had the hump from the day we made his million Ł live map better for cossie4i,i put out and olive branch for tony to just bury the hatchet and move on and asked to buy a supra diff conversion..

Tony tries coming on here to slate lukes map and make it look the worst map in the world and then since then has waffled about shit since with no other evidence and infact what evidence he has given has proven to fail on his part because no one can say it was the map that caused the damage...

If some one has a car with what ever spec and asks for it to be mapped to full potential its at their risk and no one elses so if steves engine was a shit second hand job that he knew nothing about then imo he is very silly to expect a safe 500 hp..

Luke nor anyone else can be held responsible for any type of failure as long as the mapping it self was good and the car left in working order which luke says it did...

Im not really interested in any other discussion now unless its some real evidence or factual on the matter....

cheers danny
Old 10-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Originally Posted by Chip
And are the two t-pieced together of course, cause if they are then it would still drop the fuel pressure if either one came off.
This too! I'd never have a chump v/v on the same vac line as the fpr!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Tony was being a child and ignoring me because he still had the hump from the day we made his million Ł live map better for cossie4i,i put out and olive branch for tony to just bury the hatchet and move on and asked to buy a supra diff conversion..

Tony tries coming on here to slate lukes map
If you are TOTALLY honest Danny, you started this battle with your comment about Steve not getting a good deal on his engine from Tony... back on post 118 of this topic.
(Link here) https://passionford.com/forum/5994279-post118.html

Tony had ignored your comments about him on many topics, I myself pulled you on them twice personally as it was getting daft, only this time, Tony finally retaliated.

We have personally had this discussion before Danny, tuner wars do nobody any favours, and if you don't like them I can only suggest you don't constantly incite them because on forums you tend to reap what you sow mate.

Last edited by Stu @ M Developments; 10-08-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:10 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
If you are TOTALLY honest Danny, you started this battle with your comment about Steve not getting a good deal on his engine from Tony... back on post 118 of this topic.
(Link here) https://passionford.com/forum/5994279-post118.html

Tony had ignored your comments about him on many topics, I myself pulled you on them twice personally as it was getting daft, only this time, Tony finally retaliated.

We have personally had this discussion before Danny, tuner wars do nobody any favours, and if you don't like them I can only suggest you don't constantly incite them because on forums you tend to reap what you sow mate.

Yes your right but because of what i said above..

If me and you speak which we have we bury the hatchet and move on but tony just couldnt do that so yes i gave a dig here and there so what??

I dont give a toss about his childish fucking ways and arguments with nothing to back it up..

Youve seen all the facts all the answers to this and still dont give your opinion and then when i com out with any thing you come and defend tony yet again!!!

Why dont you be straight and honest here and give your honest opinion on the whole thing now??

Std head, bd14 inlet, 7.43.1 cr,83lbers,all the ignition figures have been posted earlier by tony himself and youve seen all the other arguments..

You could probably end this argument today if only you were fair and honest with your opinion on all the accounts argued about but instead when i say things from my point of view you come on sticking up for tony!!! wtf??

Come on stu be fair with me just for once and il let the whole tony thing go once and for all

cheers danny
Old 10-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Yes your right but because of what i said above.. If me and you speak which we have we bury the hatchet and move on but tony just couldnt do that so yes i gave a dig here and there so what??
Makes sod all odds to me mate, you and Tony do what you like, I am just pointing out that this argument started because of you. Not backing him up at all, feel free to show somewhere in this thread where Tony made the first move?

Youve seen all the facts all the answers to this and still dont give your opinion and then when i com out with any thing you come and defend tony yet again!!! Why dont you be straight and honest here and give your honest opinion on the whole thing now??
Off you go again... for the SECOND time, I have given my opinion. here it is again.

Originally Posted by ME
To be honest, 7.45:1 and 14 degrees at 7000 rpm is about right with 2bar of boost actually, would normally be around 9 in the midrange for that compression and of course it should go up with RPM to the mid teens as the engines VE drops off.

all the ignition figures have been posted earlier by tony himself and youve seen all the other arguments..
Yes, and my reply to that post was:

Originally Posted by ME
I suggest 14 degrees at 4k with 2 bar on that engine is probably a bit optimistic.

You could probably end this argument today if only you were fair and honest with your opinion on all the accounts argued about but instead when i say things from my point of view you come on sticking up for tony!!! wtf??
Your perspective is skewed, all I have done is remind you that YOU started this, not Tony. I have advised on your ignition figures as requested and also advised what I personally would have expected to see. No more, no less. What more would you like me to do to make you happy?

Come on stu be fair with me just for once
Be fair for once? No comment...

Last edited by Stu @ M Developments; 10-08-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:40 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

All getting a bit ott now. Tony could have posted a picture of the pistons and perhaps put this whole thing to bed by now. After all, he's had time to post up igntion figures agaisnt boost and rpm, which takes longer to type than take a photo.

And Danny - Stu has answered about igntion figures and in his opinion they were a tad on the high side.

Seems to me, no one is right and no one is wrong, as no one can actually prove why the engine let go!

May as well leave it at that
Old 10-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Seems to me, no one is right and no one is wrong, as no one can actually prove why the engine let go!
Agreed. And I am tired of it as every time I try and help I get accused of being unfair and one sided.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:42 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Stu i have said on a lot more than one occasion that its only .65 bar of boost at 4.5k

Thanks for high lighting each point i made i thought i was talking to chip then!!

What about the top boost line of 1.87 ?what is your opinion on this??

cheers danny
Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Danny,

So even though the map was for 1.87 bar of boost at 4.5K as per Tony's figures, the turbo only produces .65 bar of boost at 4.5k?

Is that correct?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Stu i have said on a lot more than one occasion that its only .65 bar of boost at 4.5k
Precisely, and since we have no ignition figures available to us for 0.65bar at 4500rpm I am not sure what you want anyone to say? I asked why such low boost there, but your didn't reply.
I even suggested it wasn't done out on the road and boost was artificially low due to being mapped on rollers, as a T4 is coming on song there usually.

What about the top boost line of 1.87 ?what is your opinion on this??
As per what I said above, quoted from hundreds of posts ago...

Originally Posted by ME
14 degrees at 7000 rpm is about right with 2bar of boost actually, would normally be around 9 in the midrange for that compression and of course it should go up with RPM to the mid teens as the engines VE drops off.

Last edited by Stu @ M Developments; 10-08-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:53 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Danny,

So even though the map was for 1.87 bar of boost at 4.5K as per Tony's figures, the turbo only produces .65 bar of boost at 4.5k?

Is that correct?

Yes thats correct mate

cheers danny
Old 10-08-2012, 03:00 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

I will have to ask again what the ignition values were there as im not with the pc at mo but the car with full load wouldnt really come on song till 5k as thats when the boost was strong..

It was just a lazy engine in them respects and would not make more boost there..

cheers danny
Old 10-08-2012, 04:00 PM
flannigan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I will have to ask again what the ignition values were there as im not with the pc at mo but the car with full load wouldnt really come on song till 5k as thats when the boost was strong..

It was just a lazy engine in them respects and would not make more boost there..

cheers danny
Was it as lazy on the road ? As in 5th gear at 4500 rpm on the road what boost did it make ?
Also what was the air fuel ratio like on the road on boost because as far as im aware cars run richer on the rollers than they do in normal driving conditions so therefore is it not a possibility that no det was present on the rolling road but on the motorway for instance the higher level of boost at 4500 rpm coupled with a leaner air fuel ratio det occurred ?
Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 PM
flannigan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

And also what were the air temps like on the rollers as if the act was in the 60s when mapped to a specific boost level ie .65 bar when it's cold on the road act20 degrees it may make 2 bar at the same rpm
Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Was it as lazy on the road ? As in 5th gear at 4500 rpm on the road what boost did it make ?
Also what was the air fuel ratio like on the road on boost because as far as im aware cars run richer on the rollers than they do in normal driving conditions so therefore is it not a possibility that no det was present on the rolling road but on the motorway for instance the higher level of boost at 4500 rpm coupled with a leaner air fuel ratio det occurred ?
ive tried to get this across several times good luck
Old 10-08-2012, 04:32 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Must say it does seem weird that this was such a big deal to tony but he hasnt bothered to just grab a quick phone pic of the pistons (or get someone else to if he doesnt own a phone, lol)
that is weird. he clearly has the ability to post pics quickly when he wants - you only have had to follow the desert storm coming home thread to know that. he had pictures of that up quickly enough.

i think danny and/or luke have said that the map was done in steady state conditions on the rollers, which they semm to think is as good as being on the road. obviously in terms of temperatures, it will not be.

Quick Reply: Another failed gated sump causing engine meltdown