General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Another failed gated sump causing engine meltdown

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Fullflush
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

I feel Danny and Luke are so vocal because they know it cannot be prooven the map ruined the engine. Hence the offer to buy the new pistons.

However, what is alarmingly clear to the neutral observer is that neither of them are compitent.

The best resolution for me is Danny buys the pistons. All the experts agree the map was poor, but not to the extent it nuked the engine beyond reasonable doubt. The engine was 'lazy'?? Surely this is down to how the map is set up?

I'm sure you are both nice chaps, but you are not tuners. I await you citing how good/reliable your own car is. For me this just makes you look worse, as you put more effort into your own projects rather than customers.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:11 PM
flannigan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm awaiting an explanation ?
Old 10-08-2012, 06:22 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Fullflush
I feel Danny and Luke are so vocal because they know it cannot be prooven the map ruined the engine. Hence the offer to buy the new pistons.

However, what is alarmingly clear to the neutral observer is that neither of them are compitent.

The best resolution for me is Danny buys the pistons. All the experts agree the map was poor, but not to the extent it nuked the engine beyond reasonable doubt. The engine was 'lazy'?? Surely this is down to how the map is set up?

I'm sure you are both nice chaps, but you are not tuners. I await you citing how good/reliable your own car is. For me this just makes you look worse, as you put more effort into your own projects rather than customers.

You can have your own opinion on either me or luke and thats fine but to say we cant tune a car is simply ridicilous as we have both built and tuned many cars..

Of this very site alone luke has mapped over 50 cossies on webber and this is the only one luke has been blamed to have got wrong!!

The blame is pointed at luke from anothe tuner that doesnt like us from previous..

The comment about my car being so good and reliable engine wise is just as a comparison and believe me the map on every one elses car was done to the same standard..

When it comes to people dissecting a map when not on a car and just in graph or numbers terms its very easy for others to pick holes but when an expert like karl norris just to name one doesnt openly pick holes then imo there isnt anything wrong with it..

To say that either of us isnt competent is a stupid statement and one many can tell you is rubbish..

We have built and mapped 600+ engines as well as building a few race cars and loads of fast road cars to prove we are far from competent..

Like i say you can have your own opinion and never be intersted in what weve done before or in the future but your statement above is complete and utter bull shit!!!

Originally Posted by flannigan
I'm awaiting an explanation ?

The explanation has already been given before..the car was mapped at held load right through the rev range and the cooling and inlet temps as well as ambient temps were all in a good environment..

There isnt anything i or luke hasnt answered in this thread and its not going anywhere..

I wont be answering any more questions on it unless some one comes up with something worth answering that hasnt been answered..

cheers danny
Old 10-08-2012, 06:27 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

boring as now this thread should be locked and burnt imho
Old 10-08-2012, 06:29 PM
flannigan

There is no explanation answering any of my questions lol ????????? Or please tell me where and I'll STFU !

Last edited by flannigan; 10-08-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

22 pages. And for what.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 750hp escos
We have built and mapped 600+ engines as well as building a few race cars and loads of fast road cars to prove we are far from competent..
Is that an admission then?!!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:39 PM
whizzisat114
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Whats stfu?
Im not down wid da kids :-(
Old 10-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by whizzisat114
Whats stfu?
Im not down wid da kids :-(
STFU = Shut The Fuck Up
Old 10-08-2012, 06:48 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Kitchen Devil
Is that an admission then?!!

Done a couple of your friends to mate with good results??

cheers danny
Old 10-08-2012, 06:50 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wont be answering any more questions on it unless some one comes up with something worth answering that hasnt been answered..
What is the meaning of life?

Last edited by zetec-Sam; 10-08-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:53 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

There is no explanation answering any of my questions lol ????????? Or please tell me where and I'll STFU !

What is it you want to know???

A car is only richer when doing a power run on shoot out mode because there isnt as much load on the car and it doesnt make as much boost hence appearing richer..

When mapped on load it is replicating the same load as on road or if not more??

This has already been answered in this thread but neither you or jay have seen this answer so yeah if you cant be bothered to read all the thread for your answers stfu!!!lol

Anything else you want to ask i will answer unless i have already done so??

cheers danny
Old 10-08-2012, 06:54 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

someone please burn this thread lol
Old 10-08-2012, 06:56 PM
SiZT
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What are the lottery numbers for tonight? and please don't say 13.5
Old 10-08-2012, 07:11 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

The explanation has already been given before..the car was mapped at held load right through the rev range and the cooling and inlet temps as well as ambient temps were all in a good environment..
what is that supposed to mean? bullshit does not baffle brains

a rolling road does not replicate the road - fact.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

......we are far from competent.....
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Brilliant.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:36 PM
flannigan

That's the most honest thing Danny has said on this thread so far pmsl
Old 10-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Done a couple of your friends to mate with good results??

cheers danny
I'm yanking your chain Danny, not having a dig hence the smilies.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:41 PM
tiny2white

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mechanic28
boring as now this thread should be locked and burnt imho
plus 1

I stopped reading at page 12 but it seems the same thing is being said 10 pages later!

Danny............... What are you trying to achieve? you've stated that there is no conection and never has been with any 'business' relations with Luke, yet your defending his work! why? Please dont say friendship, as if this was the case a true friend would have stopped him from carrying on and distroying his reputation when his head wasnt in it and according to him you was aware of this!!

This specific map your banging on about is just one of the things that have been brought to the table! why you've chosen to argue the odds on weather or not it was a good map is beyond me, perhaps you'd like to defend the work carried out on my car? And put your money up to cover the cost of me rectifying that, but then again a set of pistons are far far cheeper!!!!!!
I would guess that one or both of you are planning to start up again and feel that you need to redeem yourselves prior...... wasted effort in my eyes.

I've seen the result of the mapping on your 'SO CALLED' 650,750 or what ever bhp engine and as far as i'm aware cosworth race piston's 'anti det rings' are quite effective.............. If theres any left!!!

Luke............ I'm sure by now you've collaborated a good enough story to have given me a call, seen as i sent you my number the day you asked for it.

So lets do this on here...........

The state of the 'brand new' (LO F'ing L) loom was like it was installed by Edward scissor Hands with help from Stevie Wonder! new loom fitted now that doesn't just work properly but looks the part too (thanks to big rod and mark)

Your efforts for connecting my air injector, which you slated as a piece of crap (sorry Stu)
were laughable as even I can understand that feeding it with 2 earths isn't going to work!!
I can see where you was going though, ecu switches to earth! So good effort!
These are now fully working and a joy to play with now I have the same basic knowledge of link ecu's as you. (many thanks to tony)

The loss of turbo on your rollers, was not your fault but the fact that the freshly rebuilt unit lasted less than 60 miles is.......... I wont pretend to know as much about turbine speeds or anything like that as you but its clear that a RESTRICTED T4 turbo needs some one competent to map it being carefull not to over speed it!!!
How did you manage to do that with no actuator control, seen as the air injector was wired to the floor pan?
Agreed Danny the second turbo rebuild cost me nothing apart from another waste of time trip to a borrowed set of rollers and a struggling rented section of a garage!

The alloy fillings that blocked the pre turbo oil filter causing the first failure took less than two weeks to show their source.......... now seen as i was charged for the cam cover being removed for 'inspection' of the head!!! I would expect the fact that the exhaust cam bearing seat shearing off (which you found part of in the sump) and the cam wearing into the cam caps and gournals causing the fillings, to be quite a noticable issue........
well I found out the hard way! that cam locked throwing the belt and fooking 8 valves!!!!

Then theres the ecu logged rpms of over 10600 Why ?
Logged map peak off 400kpa again why?

Theres so much more I could go into but frankly I couldnt be bothered to wind myself up when it first happened so why do it now?

Sorry to everyone for the long thread, even though its only half the story
Old 10-08-2012, 08:01 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

yep your right i think your car went out when luke hit rock bottom!!!

it was a mess!!! me and luke argued over your car more than once and i cant stick up for him in any way shape or form..

But anthony dont make your bad job an argument with me!!

I will stick up for luke when he is right and il openely say when he is wrong!!! simple..

What are you going on about with cosworth rings and or mapping on any of my engines??lol..dont make things up mate!! theres nothing of mine you know about or have seen!!lol

Also if luke locks himself away and denies to me how bad things are what can i do about him working??

I pulled myself away from him more and more at the end just because he was doing my head in and i couldnt deal with all the crap..

Didnt he speak to you in deatail about his troubles??

If so and you knew your self how bad he was why would you leave your car there??

If you cant make that decision with your own car how can i?

Me and luke argued about any thing that went wrong because i broke my ass helping him make something of ep!!!

Your argument is with luke through and through not with me and i cant defend him when it comes to you so say what you want but dont bring to me into it as that will be a different problem altogether..

If you keep in touch with luke i know he will sort you anthony when he can as he feels bad for the way your car left..

He simply hadnt finished when you were after it back and in the end he just got it to a point where you could take it..it was not finished!!

cheers danny
Old 10-08-2012, 08:34 PM
tiny2white

Didnt he speak to you in deatail about his troubles??
No, all he said is that he was having trouble with his mrs/ex/kids mum, there was a few details thrown in but nothing that most people his age haven't been through with a WOMAN at some point!

If so and you knew your self how bad he was why would you leave your car there??
I didnt know how bad he was, and why should I have to find out about someones personal issues or state of mind before they take money off me todo a job?
Could you imagine me standing in a court saying 'sorry you honour, i never meant to leave a gas leak and blow up a family of four! but my Mrs has left me!!!'

If you cant make that decision with your own car how can i?
Bit of a silly thing to say! seen as you can stand there and front him as a good mapper, telling me 'we'll easily see CIRCA 450/450' and when there was an issue you were quite happy to reasure me that it will be delt with

Your argument is with luke through and through not with me and i cant defend him when it comes to you so say what you want but dont bring to me into it as that will be a different problem altogether..
Could you explain that last line to me! could quite easily be taken wrong!

But your right any of the issues that have come up about Lukes lack of performance towards the end of his demise are his problem, so why are you speaking for him and making it your problem, yet again?

If you keep in touch with luke i know he will sort you anthony when he can as he feels bad for the way your car left..
I like to think that I'm a fair judge of character and while I can see Luke is a decent bloke at heart I think he was missguided.

He simply hadnt finished when you were after it back and in the end he just got it to a point where you could take it..it was not finished!!
7 weeks for a loom and ecu, what ever!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:58 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Anthony you have a fair argument and was badly treated and luke puts his hands up to that and has answered you in this very thread..

I cant argue for him or defend him when it comes to your car as i agree with you so arguing with me over it really isnt worth it..

When it comes to steves car i can argue the toss because iv seen all logs and trust the map was good..its as simple as that..

We ahve had bigger fall outs than you can imagine mate and i have probably hated him more than you have but at the end of the day his my freind and i know he can do a great job..im sorry he didnt on yours..

Other than saying sorry although not down to me what more do you want from me??

cheers danny
Old 10-08-2012, 09:11 PM
tiny2white

I'm not after a sorry from you Danny as you've done nothing wrong, I just don't understand your need to comment on something that is Luke's doing and his problem alone! I'm not talking about my car I'm talking about steves!

Think it's nice that your still friends obviously through thick and thin, but it's as if your defending yourself as well as Luke!
I'm gonna leave it there, and maybe IF Luke gets round to ringing me we can resolve part of my issues.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:18 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by tiny2white
I'm not after a sorry from you Danny as you've done nothing wrong, I just don't understand your need to comment on something that is Luke's doing and his problem alone! I'm not talking about my car I'm talking about steves!

Think it's nice that your still friends obviously through thick and thin, but it's as if your defending yourself as well as Luke!
I'm gonna leave it there, and maybe IF Luke gets round to ringing me we can resolve part of my issues.

Anthony your a lovely fella and we got on good mate and i hope that luke does reimburse you when he can..

Please dont start sounding like chip mate as you for one know i had nothing to do with ep financially ??

This started because me and tony was acting like kids and he started (like a lot of people )putting me down to steves car going wrong..

Like iv said i will say if luke is wrong and il say when he isnt its simple!!

Hope your car is good at last and i hope to see you around soon..

cheers danny
Old 10-08-2012, 09:24 PM
bigz2345
BANNED
BANNED

theres pone way to sort this.. every body on here keeps saying how shit ep are and there cars.. i agree theres some shit work they have done to a number of peoples cars. d4rsts car was a shocking one!! that 1 way is ... all of you book a trackday and see whats the fastest... the winner gets the respect fullstop!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:25 PM
bigz2345
BANNED
BANNED

guys just book a trackday and battle it out on the track see whos fastest and slowest..
Old 10-08-2012, 09:34 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by bigz2345
guys just book a trackday and battle it out on the track see whos fastest and slowest..

I dont think that would consulate anthony or any one else for that matter mate but seeing as i have an ex works escort cossie that now weighs around the 1000 kg mark and will have over 700 hp id happily agree!!!lol

cheers danny
Old 10-08-2012, 09:38 PM
bigz2345
BANNED
BANNED

I dont think that would consulate anthony or any one else for that matter mate but seeing as i have an ex works escort cossie that now weighs around the 1000 kg mark and will have over 700 hp id happily agree!!!lol

cheers danny
lol ... guys anybody want to race him then ? most slate ep so race hes escos and see what happens?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:39 PM
flannigan

I have allready taken Danny up on his offer
Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

why bother that will prove fuck all
Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Yep it will be fun!!lol

cheers danny
Old 10-08-2012, 09:43 PM
flannigan

Originally Posted by botters
I know lol
Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 PM
bigz2345
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by botters
personally it will be funny to see if he gets his arse handed back to him by the people who are slating him.. or if danny destroys them on track then id think danny knows his shit about cars because lap times dont lie ... danny i would race you but my car is too fast for track mate
Old 10-08-2012, 09:45 PM
bigz2345
BANNED
BANNED

lol what power you running mate
Old 10-08-2012, 09:46 PM
flannigan

personally it will be funny to see if he gets his arse handed back to him by the people who are slating him.. or if danny destroys them on track then id think danny knows his shit about cars because lap times dont lie ... danny i would race you but my car is too fast for track mate
Then I suggest you keep an eye out for a thread about it
Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 PM
bigz2345
BANNED
BANNED

flannigan if you dont destroy his car then just leave it there lmao
Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 PM
flannigan

lol what power you running mate
A massive 0bhp at the moment pmsl
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

there are many good racing drivers in the world and the majority of them wont have the first fucking clue how to put a car together so like i say win or lose it will prove fuck all so would be pointless
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Well iv done lydden hill in 46 secs when i had 590 hp

Iv done brands in 52 with 570 hp

Iv done combe in 1.16 with 888s

All on track days with traffic

My car will be far superior when its next out and i will smash them times..

This isnt about my car though mate and nothing to do with the thread!!!lol

cheers danny
Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 PM
flannigan

flannigan if you dont destroy his car then just leave it there lmao
I never challenged Danny mate he was waffling on saying that his car is mental fast on track and challenged anybody on the thread to go and prove him wrong so I accepted

Quick Reply: Another failed gated sump causing engine meltdown