Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

PIC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 17-04-2009, 12:16 AM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kieron yeah im the same i keep imagining im a monster but wake up to that body every day

Yeah ive been into bodybuilding since a young age but never taken it seriously with myself.I come from a family of boxers on dads side and bodybuilders on mums side and decided myself i would do kickboxing instead lol.My dad being a champion started me young in the boxing but was just me and him messing around really until i was 8 and went to boxing.Lasted 6 months or so and decided it waseant for me so then went to football,that lasted a few years then got into kickboxing when i was 12 until i was 16/17.I then had a break for a bit,well women really lol,then started bodybuilding at 18 but never went for big build always went lighter weight and higher reps etc and kept lean.This lasted until i was about 20/21 then a major turnaround in my life stopped me doing anything for a long time until as said about 6/8months ago and have now decided im nearly 30 getting fat and want to get big

I know i should have been alot bigger by now but my diet is so bad at times its stopping me growing.I eat clean and well for about a month then bing on shite for a month and so on and so on but i honestly think the smoking is making me bone idle to keep cooking as ide rather have a fag and cup o tea than cook tuna pasta etc but im hoping to stop this monday as im sick of not seeing results i should be seeing so the fags have to go!!

Sorry for the long speel but i hope it explains things a bit further.Oh and just to add throughout my life i have always had a keen interest in how the body works etc and thats where my knowledge lies.Ive read soooo many books etc and know how to train and eat properly and can advise anyone with anything really just cant take my own advise
Old 17-04-2009, 12:20 AM
jeans43
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by AquariousRS
Colege Life is shit aint it. Was so much more energetic when I lived at home last year.
Yep im finding my self doing more now im living back home (regretibly living at home that is )
Old 17-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by snedboy
Kieron yeah im the same i keep imagining im a monster but wake up to that body every day
Cracking reply.

Originally Posted by snedboy
Yeah ive been into bodybuilding since a young age but never taken it seriously with myself.I come from a family of boxers on dads side and bodybuilders on mums side and decided myself i would do kickboxing instead lol.My dad being a champion started me young in the boxing but was just me and him messing around really until i was 8 and went to boxing.Lasted 6 months or so and decided it waseant for me so then went to football,that lasted a few years then got into kickboxing when i was 12 until i was 16/17.I then had a break for a bit,well women really lol,then started bodybuilding at 18 but never went for big build always went lighter weight and higher reps etc and kept lean.This lasted until i was about 20/21 then a major turnaround in my life stopped me doing anything for a long time until as said about 6/8months ago and have now decided im nearly 30 getting fat and want to get big

I know i should have been alot bigger by now but my diet is so bad at times its stopping me growing.I eat clean and well for about a month then bing on shite for a month and so on and so on but i honestly think the smoking is making me bone idle to keep cooking as ide rather have a fag and cup o tea than cook tuna pasta etc but im hoping to stop this monday as im sick of not seeing results i should be seeing so the fags have to go!!

Sorry for the long speel but i hope it explains things a bit further.Oh and just to add throughout my life i have always had a keen interest in how the body works etc and thats where my knowledge lies.Ive read soooo many books etc and know how to train and eat properly and can advise anyone with anything really just cant take my own advise
To be honest I'm very similar to you. I've been training on and off for 15+ years now and at my age with that history I should be alot bigger really. However I eat too much shit, get bored of drinking protein and have had a few stoppages in training for various reasons. Lots of knowledge picked up along the journey though through an interest and most of my gym mates being big blokes. Glad you wern't offended by my reply, I tried to word it right but its never going to be a compliment telling a bodybuilder they arent big. Although on the boxing theme how many trainers are actually good boxers? Knowledge is one thing, putting it into practice is a toally different ball game. I'm just lazy! I love the gym and training but outside of the gym I dont live the life. I wont let it take over everything else. Its just somethig I do for fun.
Old 17-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Kieron

Oh and what is it with bodybuilders and GSD's.
Old 17-04-2009, 01:54 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Kieron
Oh and what is it with bodybuilders and GSD's.
We demand respect pmsl
Old 17-04-2009, 10:39 PM
kiddie

Kieron that is a proper build you've got there! I would love to look like that, did you have a good size frame before you started training
Old 18-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Kieron

Kiddie, thank you. To be honest I am never totally happy with myself but then what bodybuilder (I dont like that word, prefer weightlifter) is! My frame was naturally very skinny. I was a tall and gangly teen but I've always had broad shoulders. As a kit with no weight on me I used to look like I had left the coat hanger in my clothes I trained for years not seeing much size improvement really and it was only when I hit my late 20's that I started to fill out. I put it down to the ole metabolism slowing up. I remember my dad being the same and by 30-32 he had a hell of a beer gut on him. I'm trying to fight that! The gut, not the drinking of beer. I should try and find a pic of me 10 or so years ago.
Old 22-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Not an update but just to show how much fatter I was before. Last years 38" waist shorts.....

I so wish I had some proper before pics so I could see for myself more than anything, but still, happy days.
Old 23-04-2009, 10:28 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good thread this well done everyone i think you all do so well to even get motivated and get out and do it !

i really want to loose some weight, im pretty embarresed about my weight to be honest

yeah im about 6ft 6 built really big ect but im heading towards 20stone !
im 17 too, i think that will shock a few people ! lol

my waist is 38-40
my arms (top) are 17" untensed
biggest part of my leg (at the top) is 28"
chest is 43" or there abouts

my dad was the same, at my age he was never below 18-19 stone, and im the same, i dont really put weight on, but then i find it hard to loose it,

i struggle staying motivated and sticking to diets ect, i get fed up of the food i have to stick to so end up just eating a unhealthy diet

i dont really want to go gym id rather do what i can from home, i got into doing weights, i really enjoyed that actually as i found when i was doing them i had to push, like challenging myself so would deffinately do that.

but its been said, there isnt much point in building up your muscles without loosing the fat over the top !!

im not all fat though, i have really big and strong legs, and my arms arnt small neither, so i have quite a big of muscle in me too, id just like to get rid of my belly and loose some off my chest !

my average day (at work)

9oclock-bacon, 3 sausage tomatoes

11 oclock- tea, 2 sugars !

1 oclock- white roll, with chicken, ham and a bit of mayo, with tea again

5 oclock- might have 2 peices of toast

6:30- home now so will look in cuboards, have some crisps, maybe a kitkat or similar

7:00- dinner, lasagne,pizza, chicken i have alot just the usual dinners

10:00- possibly drink for bed

what can i change and improve on ?

thanks jim
Old 24-04-2009, 07:35 AM
R1.Andy
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by J1mbo
good thread this well done everyone i think you all do so well to even get motivated and get out and do it !

i really want to loose some weight, im pretty embarresed about my weight to be honest

yeah im about 6ft 6 built really big ect but im heading towards 20stone !
im 17 too, i think that will shock a few people ! lol

my waist is 38-40
my arms (top) are 17" untensed
biggest part of my leg (at the top) is 28"
chest is 43" or there abouts

my dad was the same, at my age he was never below 18-19 stone, and im the same, i dont really put weight on, but then i find it hard to loose it,

i struggle staying motivated and sticking to diets ect, i get fed up of the food i have to stick to so end up just eating a unhealthy diet

i dont really want to go gym id rather do what i can from home, i got into doing weights, i really enjoyed that actually as i found when i was doing them i had to push, like challenging myself so would deffinately do that.

but its been said, there isnt much point in building up your muscles without loosing the fat over the top !!

im not all fat though, i have really big and strong legs, and my arms arnt small neither, so i have quite a big of muscle in me too, id just like to get rid of my belly and loose some off my chest !

my average day (at work)

9oclock-bacon, 3 sausage tomatoes

11 oclock- tea, 2 sugars !

1 oclock- white roll, with chicken, ham and a bit of mayo, with tea again

5 oclock- might have 2 peices of toast

6:30- home now so will look in cuboards, have some crisps, maybe a kitkat or similar

7:00- dinner, lasagne,pizza, chicken i have alot just the usual dinners

10:00- possibly drink for bed

what can i change and improve on ?

thanks jim
we need a pic..then we can advise going on shape..u could just be a big lad who needs to do some cardio or swimming..then u may have the right shape for some serious body building
Old 24-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Jim honey, to me you dont look overweight at all!! You are a MEGA tall big build lad!! Jesus, even on tip toes, with 4" heels i struggle to get my arms round your neck to give you a hug!!!

Personally for you i think a regular cardio workout, coupled with a couple of days specific training would work wonders for you! The cardio will help shif a bit of the fat youre on about, and the specific training will target areas you want to improve on.

As for your diet, i personally dont think its that bad!!! Not for a guy your size anyway! not only thant, without wanting to sound patronising, you are still growing!! You dont wanna restrict your diet too much!
Old 24-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Oh and Mal - JESUS fella!!! thats one hell of a difference!
Old 24-04-2009, 10:16 AM
R1.Andy

im pushing it hard now..after nearly 2 and half yrs and no real improvments..but a definate un noticable change..as my body fat has halved and iv put on over a stone of muscle..
iv just brought a x trainer ..my god there hard work.. and im back on it at the gym 5 days a week ..iv paid someone for 26 weeks work of help half hour a week on abbs only so i can get my core stronger..im eating 170g or protien a day with other foods..i hope this works or im gonna get huge.lol
im honestly going to push myself and be strick as i can..
will try and get some side front and rear pics done today..then again in say 10 weeks..
its my mission now as me car is done and everytime someone photo's it im in view and all u see is my belly
Old 24-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

good luck with it honey!!!!!
Old 24-04-2009, 10:37 AM
R1.Andy

Originally Posted by Maria.
good luck with it honey!!!!!
who me...if so cheers..
cos im hopeing there is gonna be some luck in it..
Old 24-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Jimbo, you didn't look fat at all when I saw you, just fucking huuuuuuuuuuuge.

But as said, just concentrate on cardio for now and stop raiding the cupboards and you'll probably be amazed at the difference.

Oh and Mal - JESUS fella!!! thats one hell of a difference!

Yeah I'm well chuffed. I can't believe I'd let myself go so much without really realising it. I'd never been called fat in my life up until a couple of years ago when my nickname suddenly became fat bastard.
Although I need to buy some more jeans again because I'm down to a 30-32" waist. It's costing me a fortune.

Where's your update pics then? The original one's are from ages ago and you've been going to the gym for a while now. Get on it.
Old 24-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

I cant take a decent pic of myself!
Old 24-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Oh yes you can............

Just remember, good lighting and a steady hand.
Old 24-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Old 24-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Jimbo, cardio and low weight, high rep weights.
Old 24-04-2009, 08:44 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Originally Posted by R1.Andy
we need a pic..then we can advise going on shape..u could just be a big lad who needs to do some cardio or swimming..then u may have the right shape for some serious body building
no way are pics coming up

i know it would help but i far to embaressed for that lol

Jim honey, to me you dont look overweight at all!! You are a MEGA tall big build lad!! Jesus, even on tip toes, with 4" heels i struggle to get my arms round your neck to give you a hug!!!

Personally for you i think a regular cardio workout, coupled with a couple of days specific training would work wonders for you! The cardio will help shif a bit of the fat youre on about, and the specific training will target areas you want to improve on.

As for your diet, i personally dont think its that bad!!! Not for a guy your size anyway! not only thant, without wanting to sound patronising, you are still growing!! You dont wanna restrict your diet too much!
i always bend down to help though lol

im glad the diet isnt too bad, i want to start eating more fruit veg ect
and just cut out all the crap take away food on the weekend !

Originally Posted by -MAL-
Jimbo, you didn't look fat at all when I saw you, just fucking huuuuuuuuuuuge.

But as said, just concentrate on cardio for now and stop raiding the cupboards and you'll probably be amazed at the difference.
lol im a big lad aye

Originally Posted by Mike C
Jimbo, cardio and low weight, high rep weights.
i did start doing medium kinda weights and high reps, but didnt stick to it ! will get back at it !

guys (and gal lol) what does cardio consist of ? what can i get into at home ?

cheers, jim
Old 24-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Get some pics up you muppet, don't be shy.

If there's none up by tomorrow night when I've had a few beers I'm gonna send you a pic of my............
Old 24-04-2009, 09:26 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Originally Posted by -MAL-
Get some pics up you muppet, don't be shy.

If there's none up by tomorrow night when I've had a few beers I'm gonna send you a pic of my............
no way

send away
Old 25-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

You may regret that.
Old 25-04-2009, 12:46 PM
R1.Andy

ay up no pics of tommy todgers or i will get carried away..the misses takes pics of mine all the time..
i quite often look through her phone to make sure thats all she's got
Old 25-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Jimbo - I can eat twice as much as you and still be just over 10 stone. Lol, it's strange how some people seem to get so much more out of what they eat etc. I think for me the reason I don't gain weight could be down to my lifestyle, and possibly stress/worry...I've always been a worrier! Everyone I know who can put on weight like you can is as laid back as can be.

Tips wise...definetly cardio to get rid of the fat you don't want. To be honest, with a good diet and a bit of weight training you could no doubt pile the muscle on.
Old 25-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Jim - as for cardio.... if you dont have any particular equipment at home, go and buy a skipping rope.... and slowly build up the amount of time you can skip, and also the speed!
Old 25-04-2009, 03:50 PM
kiddie

Jim - as for cardio.... if you dont have any particular equipment at home, go and buy a skipping rope.... and slowly build up the amount of time you can skip, and also the speed!

Yeh thats a good idea, I just bang on my MP3 and do a few miles jogging with my dog! Try and do it in the morning before work
Old 25-04-2009, 06:14 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Originally Posted by Alan_D
Jimbo - I can eat twice as much as you and still be just over 10 stone. Lol, it's strange how some people seem to get so much more out of what they eat etc. I think for me the reason I don't gain weight could be down to my lifestyle, and possibly stress/worry...I've always been a worrier! Everyone I know who can put on weight like you can is as laid back as can be.

Tips wise...definetly cardio to get rid of the fat you don't want. To be honest, with a good diet and a bit of weight training you could no doubt pile the muscle on.
i think its peoples different motabolisms that make us different in the way food is used up ect or something like that lol

i will do that

Originally Posted by kiddie
Yeh thats a good idea, I just bang on my MP3 and do a few miles jogging with my dog! Try and do it in the morning before work

mp3 sounds good i will have to get into it !
Old 25-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

A skipping rope is bloody hard work Jimbo, you might wanna start on a bike or something first to get your fitness level up a bit.
Old 25-04-2009, 06:58 PM
gingerman
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

or a rowing machine
Old 25-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

A rowing machine is a good idea.
Old 25-04-2009, 07:43 PM
gingerman

i like mine just wish it had more resistance
Old 25-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Which one you got?
Old 25-04-2009, 07:54 PM
gingerman

yours mate
but ive got powerful legs so find the pushing part easy but my upperbody needs work still so i can feel my arms working if that makes any sense??
Old 25-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

I use it on number 8 and do 20 mins and about 800+ strokes. I can sure as shit feel it when I get off.............
Old 25-04-2009, 08:16 PM
gingerman

its ok till you stand up lol
i do 30 mins on the weights first to tire my self out

the ones i used to use at school had alot more resistance mate

the main reason i got it is for cardio as i hate running and the only biking i do is mountain biking and dont do that to often lol
Old 26-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Good topic, good on you all.

I was doing well right up until I hurt my poxy glass back just before Ella was born, now, 10 months later I have put back on the majority of the 2.5 stone I lost.

However, I'm back in the right mental zone and have spent this weekend building my own Gym... more details later.
Old 27-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Bad luck Stu, putting the weight back on is something I DON'T want to do. Not now.
Old 27-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Oooooh will have to keep up with your progress stu!

Quick Reply: PIC Thread!