Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

My s2 2.0 zetec turbo i am braking it now every thing is going to be listed

Search this Thread

Old 30-10-2010, 08:47 PM
macdoodle
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My s2 2.0 zetec turbo i am braking it now every thing is going to be listed

Hello every one im new to this so please bear with me. I got my s2 a year ago now as ive been wanting one for donkys years and finely got the chance it was fairly standerd apart from stage 2 pipper cam, stage 3 garret turbo, group a coil,k&n,full samco hose set,It was a nice looking motor.But since it was getting near christmas the weather was getting crap.cutting a long story short where it had been raining i was driving home and there was a puddle a cross the road and i drove through it slow as a car was comming the other way only to hit a pot hole.That then put a hole in my sump that i diddnt no about and you can imagine what happend bang went my engine So it's been off the road ever sinceBut instead of putting a 1.6 cvh lump back in i thought i would go down the 2.0 zetec route and changeing it from mfi to efi.And since im not the richest bloke in the world this why it is taking so long to do.But this is what she look's like at the moment

Last edited by macdoodle; 26-02-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 30-10-2010, 09:30 PM
macdoodle

Default photos

I am trying to put my photos on but can't seem to find out how at the min. As soon as i find out i will put photos on. Any idea anyone.
Old 31-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by macdoodle
I am trying to put my photos on but can't seem to find out how at the min. As soon as i find out i will put photos on. Any idea anyone.
Sign up for a free account with www.photobucket.com then copy and paste the link which looks like this [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/Photo.jpg[/IMG] into your posts.

Last edited by Red16; 31-10-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:17 PM
macdoodle

[/IMG] here's some pitchers of my poorly s2
[/IMG]as you can see it's a long way from being finished
[/IMG]and now for the rust
[/IMG]battery tray
[/IMG]round the fuel cap
[/IMG]and near the sun roof
and here's 1 pic of the inside
[/IMG]
I will put some more pics up later of the bit's i have got and a list of what's left to buy
Old 01-11-2010, 02:18 PM
macdoodle

Thank's RED16 for your help
Old 02-11-2010, 07:24 PM
macdoodle

Here's a little update of some of the bit's i have got so far
[/IMG] This is my inlet manafold witch will have a 2 ltr throttle body with a ford focus fuel rail and a power boost valve witch i already have...
[/IMG]
[/IMG]And this is my T04E T3/T4 Turbo on my old cvh manafold with the T3 flange i also have the adapter plate for this so i haven't got to drill and tap the zetec head..Witch will make my life a bit easyer when i build my engine up
[/IMG]Here's me magnecor lead's..But i need help cuz i dont no what the best spark plug's to use so if any one can help me it would be much appreciated
[/IMG]And here's my new lower arm's poly bush's and vibra technics gear box mount's
[/IMG]
[/IMG]As you can see by these last to photo's ive pulled my finger out of my bum and started on the back end by putting the polly bush's on and seeing if there's any welding need doing and surprise surprise the back rail either side where the top of spring fit's there is to bit's about 5 inch's.So the welder will be comming out at the weekend and i will be cutting out the rust and welding in some new plate.The only other thing i am worried about is when i take off the old under seal underneth is what else is it going to need welding as under seal seam's to hide alot of bodge job's up.SO I THINK ME WELDER IS GOING TO GET A LOT OF USEBut arfter this is done i can start on the rebuild of the 2 ltr engine,And fitting the pace rad, And proally front mount intercooler,And the rewire for the megasquirt witch ive got a lot of reading on how to set it all up,There's page's and page's that i have got to read through about sensor's, map's,crank setting's ignition setting's and on and on.Soon as i have any more photo's or if i have done any more work i will update thank's for looking..
Old 02-11-2010, 10:15 PM
mhs
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

nice work

Trending Topics

Old 03-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Twins
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 117 Likes on 109 Posts

Good luck with the build
Old 03-11-2010, 07:00 AM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck matey
Old 03-11-2010, 05:06 PM
macdoodle

Thank's for the comment's You are all right about good luck as the rust and any previous boj jobs is whats scary.. Cuz you can soon have a lot of making right to do so i will be keeping my finger's X that there is only bit here and there..AS IM GAGGING TO BE BACK ON THE ROAD BLITZING THE STREET'S AGAIN....But here is some other bit's i have
[/IMG]
My front mount intercooler
[/IMG]
pace ally rad witch despite the mark's has been tested and it's fine
[/IMG]
focus fuel rail power boost valve 2 ltr throttle body fuel rail loom adapter plate for the cvh manafold
[/IMG]
And out of everything this is what i am not looking forward to fitting megasquirt..As there is a lot of reading to do witch is not my stongest pointBut what i have seen on youtube it is defiantly worth it..
But when it stop's raining i can carry on with some more work

Last edited by macdoodle; 03-11-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:08 PM
turbo m

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Looking good got some nice parts to go on her shes gonna fly! There use to be a white s2 in cambridge with s1 decals on it dont know if its the same car.Looking forward to more pics..
Old 03-11-2010, 08:05 PM
macdoodle

Yea mate i hope she do fly arfter spending all this money on her..But as for being in cambridge i couldnt tell you as i bought it from watford.And the bloke i bought it from said it had been re shelled the original car was D713 PKH witch was the rs then everthing got swopt over to F895 TPR witch was originaly an XR3I..I have all the papper work from D713 PKH witch marry up to the part's that was on her when i striped the engine and gear box like the pipper cam kit t3 turbo samco hoses group a coil and so on.I would like to try to find out more about this shell F895 TPR as i have only a few old mot's when it got changed to an rs but not when it was an XR3I witch is a shame..but soon as i have more photo's or info i will post it thank's for the interest

Last edited by macdoodle; 03-11-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:31 PM
turbo m

Dont know the reg but it was around 1996 when my mate had a s1 turbo which i think was on PF a few years ago it was reg B130 CVW.But was put on a personel plate. Good luck with the rebuild..
Old 03-11-2010, 08:34 PM
macdoodle

THANK'S MATE
Old 06-11-2010, 06:40 PM
macdoodle

Just i little update started the batery tray today witch turned into a pain in the arse As you will see in the photo's why more fucking rust
[/IMG]
Arfter takeing the dash out i found out that ive now got to buy all the sound deadning from the bulk head to the rear seat's and the fucking carpet as it's all wet and smell's like shit
[/IMG]
But this was the problem a nice big hole under the batery tray witch let shit load's of water in...
[/IMG]
Now the carpet and the sound deadning is out ive come across this on the passenger side
[/IMG]
And this on the driverside MY favorite rust
[/IMG]

But this made me happy no rust where the fuse box is
[/IMG]
As you can see this is what's left of that batery tray NOTHING But before i got a chance to weld in the new one rain stop me in my fucking track's again so i will finish this off tomorrow. That's when i will do a nother update finger's X there will be no more rainTHANK'S FOR LOOKING
Old 06-11-2010, 06:53 PM
turbo m

Getting there m8 will be worth it when its all done..
Old 06-11-2010, 07:05 PM
macdoodle

So long as i dont come across any more rust it should'nt be to bad. I will clean the rust on the floor tomorrow and see how bad it is and see how much welding need's doing there finger's X it's not as bad as it look's..
Old 24-12-2010, 08:38 PM
macdoodle

Just a little update as i have not been doing any thing on it for a while as we had to bye a new car as the fiesta gave up the ghost so today i made a point of getting her back on her wheels..And started with putting the polly bush's on [/IMG]
[/IMG]
And then there was fun and games getting them on as it was fucking cold and my hand's wouldnt do what my brain wanted them to do
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Arfter that head ache i got on withe the steering bush's witch was a lot easyer
[/IMG]
Once i got that sorted i then got on with putting the gearbox and drive shaft's on along with the wheel's so i can lift the back end up and drop the tank out and put the new tank in and do the little bit of welding that need's doing once i get some more wire.As i ran out doing the batery tray..
[/IMG]
But arfter putting the wheels back on i was a lot happyer seeing her look a bit more like a turbo again as you can see by thease photo's i still need the wheel arch's, bonnet, bumper, front valance,& the crossmember painted to make it look a hell of a lot better, But for now this will do.Once ive got on with the backend i will then sort the rest of the front out.
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
And here is a cupple of pic's of my tank and oil cooler
[/IMG]

[/IMG
but as you all can see progress is a bit slow for my likeing as im gagging to drive her again cuz it's been a long fucking time But soon i can get started on the engine witch will make me feel even better as that and wireing in the megasquirt is going to b the biggest pain in my arse.. But
soon as i do any more i will update me thread thank's for looking.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:31 PM
macdoodle

Just a little update.. got my turbo back on the ground then me and my partner pushed it round the car park so i could get the front end in first so i could work on the back end easyer..but just moveing it out was a job as me being a idiot i left the hand brake on for the past year ..So arfter takeing the wheel's of and giveing the back drum's a good bang with the hammer i managed to free them a nuff to move her .But i will change the back brake's at a latter date before she's goe's back on the road.
So once me and my partner moved her over i jacket her up put her on axel stand's and started cleaning round where the back of the seat rail bolt's on the floor and as you can see in the picture it turned out to be a nice size hole
[/IMG]
SO that then got cut out and i welded a new pice of plate on the top then some more under the floor for more strength..And there was a little bit of rust about 5 inch's long in the back floor pan .But i forgot to take pictures of it before it got welded so i will take some when i do some more work on the inside.But arfter sorting out the inside floor on the pasenger side i took of the side skirt's and rear arch to see how bad that is.. And i was over the moon cuz the outer sill and the inner sill are fineThe outer sill just need's a clean up with the wire brush on me grinder to get the old underseal off and new under seal on and that's the sill done bonus.
[/IMG]
As you can see it's in good shape....
And as for the rear arch there was a little bit of rust at the bottom of the arch witch i choppet out and welded another pice of plate in
[/IMG]
Ive just spayed red oxide primer on for now as she will need spaying at a latter date.And where the back bumper come's round the side there is some small bit's of surface rust nothing to bad as you can see in the picture
[/IMG]

Just a little clean with my grinder and a spay and she will be good.
But since im alway's doing the work by my self i decided to employ a new helper
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

So now with the 2 of us we should get the rest of this done in no time
I have now put on the last of the polly bush's on the rear now all the polly bush's r on that is one less box of bit's inside the house..As i have stuff in are bedroom in the loft in the kitchen and my shed
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
But now i have taken the tank off i can start to clean all the rust off.And weled the bit's up i come a cross.And once that is done i can get it ready for under seal and plum in the new tank..
[/IMG]
And here is one bit of welding for a start
[/IMG]

That is lot for now untill it stop's raining as i have no lock up to work in
Soon as i can get back out side i will crack back on with her thank's againg for looking
Old 07-01-2011, 04:33 PM
macdoodle

And here's a few more bit's that's in the kitchen
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Here's one KENLOWE fan i just need 2 more for my frontmount intercooler.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

And here's my clutch witch when i bought it age's ago i got told it will easly handdle 250 hp!! WITCH ARFTER LOOKING AT A LOT OF BUILD'S ON HERE I DONT THINK IT IS MAN A NUFF AS EVERY ONE SEAM'S TO USE A 4 PADDLE CLUTCH..So i think ive made a BIG BALL'S UP..
[/IMG]

And here is my front splitter witch arfter the front bumpper is done it will go on.As my partner is getting a little bit pistoff with all the car part's that are indoor's
And this turned up today

[/IMG]

I had to buy another one as mine got so wet it stunk even arfter cleaning it...But once i have done the driver side floor and bought more sound deadning the carpet can go back in along with the seat's and dashboard then that's more stuff out of the housethen my partner mite be a bit more happyer as there is so much of my motor in the house.. It drives her MAD..
Old 07-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Nice project mate.This will be mint when its done.I will keep an eye on the pogress.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:29 PM
macdoodle

Cheer's Glen for looking.. The one thing im learning about the s2 turbo's is that you never know what's around the cornner i.e. RUST !!!! But so far i have been lucky as the person who had it before has done a lot on the body, Like sills iner and outer ,fuse box, front floor pans.It's only been the battery tray and where the seat bolt's on 2, And the hole where the pipe comes out of.. Apart from that it's mainly surface rust witch when sorted with the wire brush on the grinder and some rust preventer it's sortedThe biggest head ache is going to be building the engine up and wireing up the meagasquirt.Cuz before the engine went bang the only thing i hated about my s2 was starting it as the metering uint was shagged.That's why im going full hog with the zetec route and efi so i can have more power and it should start up better but i have still got a way to go before i can enjoy driving her again THANK'S AGAIN FOR LOOKING I WILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED ON MY PROGRESS
Old 08-01-2011, 06:16 PM
macdoodle

Just a little more of a update..Since it had stoppet raining today I thought i would do some more on the back end as this is what's holding me up at the mo.. At first sight it didnt look to bad.Cutting this bit out and putting a pice of plate in..
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
And cutting this bit out and putting a fresh bit of plate in
[/IMG]
There's some more tidying up to where the rear bumpper screw's on the lip of the arch
[/IMG]

But then trubble at first it did not look to bad
[/IMG]

But arfter cleaning it up with the wire brush on the grinder DISASTER
[/IMG]
So arfter drying my eye's I got to work sortting it out ..And this is what it look like arfter.
[/IMG]
There is a little more of tidying up 2 do with the grinder and where i gave it a good dose of rust preventer im going to leave it over night and plate it up tomorrow.so i got on with stripping the back brake's...
[/IMG]
And arfter getting the rear drum's off.. They look like they have seen better day's so im going 2 look into disc's instead.So i ended up takeing it all off
[/IMG]

Then i got on with the last job of the day as it was getting to dark and my light is pant's.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Cleaning up the rear end on the driver's side with my grinder then gave that a good dose of rust treatment i will let that dry over night then give it some primer.So that was my lot for today as long as it dont rain tomorrow i will crack on with some more
Old 11-01-2011, 03:56 PM
macdoodle

Had a very bad day with me turbo as every time im trying to do anything to it the heaven's open up and p*** down with rain so i have only got as far as tidying up the rear end and putting the heater motor back in to mock up the wireing as i need to figger out what wire's i need to keep and the one's i dont need..And to make thing's worse i might have to brake it and sell it as i have not got any more money to finish her off.The trubble is i have 90% of the stuff i just need the other 10% but now im not working i havent got the fund's and since it's in the car park people r complaining i.e. land lord so im fucket....IM VERY VERY PIST OFFSo here's a cupple more pic's
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
FINGER'S X I WILL RAISE THE REST OF THE MONEY TO FINSH HER AS THIS IS MY PRIDE & JOY AND I WOULD LIKE TO DRIVE HER AGAIN
Old 11-01-2011, 04:06 PM
mr_joe0606
Advanced PassionFord User

keep up with the hard work mate will be a realy good motor
Old 19-01-2011, 03:20 PM
macdoodle

Default MY S2 zetec turbo turning into full restoration back on

Im feeling a hell of a lot better now as i have got the rest of the fund's to finish her off now so work can get going again
Today i had a lot more thing's turn up as you will see in the photo's
[/IMG]
The paint to do the engine bay front end bonnet and anything else that need doing
[/IMG]
Spay gun.. And filter to stop any oil or water from my air compresor getting into the paint..
[/IMG]
Brown paper and paint mixing cups.. So i mix the paint up right
[/IMG]
And the oil return's for the 2ltr zetec lump... I AM OVER THE MOON THAT I CAN FINSH THIS AS I ALWAYS WANTED ONE but my shopping list is now getting shorter so it shouldnt be long before it is done.As soon as the weather gives me a brake i will pull my finger out of my bum and crack on with it.I will keep you all posted as i go and i hope you will all like it when it is done.THANK'S FOR LOOKING

Last edited by macdoodle; 19-01-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 19-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Colin-Tempest
Seriously Newbie

Nice build!, You have been pretty busy, at least you got help :P
Old 19-01-2011, 06:36 PM
macdoodle

this hole build has been a learning curve i have still got so much more to do but it's all worth it in the end
Old 19-01-2011, 07:11 PM
dazrsturbo

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

nice build chap, local too. will be keeping an eye on ya thread
Old 19-01-2011, 07:15 PM
matt1977s1
ESCORT S1

GOOD TO SEE YOUR CARRY ON WITH IT LIKE YOU SAID IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT WHEN ITS DONE
Old 19-01-2011, 07:59 PM
macdoodle

DAZRSTURBO nice build chap, local too. will be keeping an eye on ya thread
yea mate you r just up the road from me & i will keep an eye on your's 2 cuz your's is looking good so far keep it up

matt1977s1 GOOD TO SEE YOUR CARRY ON WITH IT LIKE YOU SAID IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT WHEN ITS DONE
thank's mate im glad i found the fund's to carry on just need to pull my finger out of my bum now and crack on with it ..
Old 22-01-2011, 04:19 PM
macdoodle

Just a bit more of an up date not much has happend to the car as the weather wont give me a brakeSo all i have done is clear my shed out a bit so i can get to the engine
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I need to get it out so if the weather is bad i can a least get on with stripping this down ready for paint. And arfter that i can drill and tap the hole's out ready for the oil return's and block the old breather hole..And then get ready for new main bearing's,conrod bearing's ,ARP conrod bolt's,Gasket's,Cam belt kit,spark plug's,leads..Then i will be a little bit closer to it being back on the roadBut as you can see there is alot left to do but if i stick to a plan i can get there...A year off the road in this is killing me as i miss having fun in itBut when it's done i bet it will be even more fun than it use2 be.. MORE POWER = MORE FUN
[/IMG]
And this turned up today block breather cap,tap's,and drill bit
[/IMG]
And my partner got me my 2500 grit wet&dry sand papper & masking tape ready for paint
But tomorrow i will do some more a up date with the progress
Old 22-01-2011, 06:28 PM
stevealien

looking good so far mate.
should be sweet with that engine .
you might aswell use the twin can full zetec setup if your going efi?
Old 22-01-2011, 07:25 PM
macdoodle

Originally Posted by stevealien
looking good so far mate.
should be sweet with that engine .
you might aswell use the twin can full zetec setup if your going efi?
cheer's mate I am going full EFI that's why ive got megasquirt cuz i was going to use OFAB but my partner won me this megasquirt set up on EBAY wich was a fat result .. But i cant wait till she is ready to c what it goe's like But if i keep plugging away at it i will get there..
Old 22-01-2011, 08:15 PM
stevealien

when u looking to have it done mate?
if theres such a thing as a finished rs turbo
Old 22-01-2011, 08:22 PM
macdoodle

when u looking to have it done mate?
if theres such a thing as a finished rs turbo
Im trying to have it finished in 3 month's time as i nearly have all the part's now..The only thing that keep's letting me down is the weather As i dont have a garage to work in
Old 22-01-2011, 09:36 PM
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lots of work to be done there mate!
good luck with the build
Old 22-01-2011, 09:47 PM
stevealien

Originally Posted by macdoodle
Im trying to have it finished in 3 month's time as i nearly have all the part's now..The only thing that keep's letting me down is the weather As i dont have a garage to work in
get a gazebo and get on with it lol.
im lucky as i rent a workshop so can do mine in the dry
certainly 1 thing after another with these cars eh
wish mine was efi then i would do what your doing.
but to do that and convert to efi is too much work and too much dosh.
for now anyhow
keep up the good work
Old 22-01-2011, 09:51 PM
macdoodle

Originally Posted by jonny s2
lots of work to be done there mate!
good luck with the build

Lot's of work is right mate but if i pull my finger out i will get it done
POWER IS NOTHING WITH OUT CONTROL IS SO FUCKING TRUE !!
Old 22-01-2011, 10:02 PM
macdoodle

get a gazebo and get on with it lol.
im lucky as i rent a workshop so can do mine in the dry
certainly 1 thing after another with these cars eh
wish mine was efi then i would do what your doing.
but to do that and convert to efi is too much work and too much dosh.
for now anyhow
keep up the good work
I got a gazebo a couple of month's back but where i live it's bloody windy lol..I tried putting it up today but it nearly landed in next door's garden..But the plan tomorrow is to weigh it down with some wheel's The only thing i hated about MFI was starting the dam thing it had a mind of it's own it started when it wanted to lol That's why when it went BANG i thought fuck it and went for EFI route It is going to be a lot of work doing it and cost a lot of money but at least the car should start when i want it to and not when it want's to..

Quick Reply: My s2 2.0 zetec turbo i am braking it now every thing is going to be listed