Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Fiesta st3 180 300 bhp daily project

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 07:14 AM
jonfoc
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 272 Likes on 256 Posts

Sad to hear your news Paul. I feel your pain, lost my father 4 years ago to prostate cancer which had spread all over, then lost my mother in February to stomach cancer. I miss them both everyday but the pain does get easier to deal with. Keep strong.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:46 AM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts

Sorry to hear of your loss mate
Old 03-09-2019, 05:52 PM
zetaboostboy522bhp

Received 119 Likes on 101 Posts

Cheers lads , thanks for the kind words and iam keeping positive.

bassboy I've not seen ian in 4 years since having my son , we speak and ian is a good friend , I said I was going to see him this year but with things happening as they did I've not had time but I will Defo go and see him. I never really built manifolds for ian I did them for people on here , I did do all his pectel t2 looms thou but then ian stopped area six and the t2 is no longer available so I don't do them anymore. I don't really build manifolds anymore either as I wanted to get my own car started and I was busy building other people's and got pissed off so I stopped advertising etc.
Please say hello to ian from me and you can tell him what's gone on if you like and tell him I will be in touch soon.

i will still do one off if you want anything like manifolds etc so let me know if your interested

cheers paul
Old 04-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Rsmat
300+

Received 583 Likes on 516 Posts

So sorry for your loss Paul,
Old 05-09-2019, 09:04 PM
zetaboostboy522bhp

Originally Posted by Rsmat
So sorry for your loss Paul,

Cheers mat , mean a a lot mate.

cheers paul
The following users liked this post:
Rsmat (05-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 11:45 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Received 150 Likes on 145 Posts

sorry to hear about your loss mate, its an evil relentless thing that i think effects us all in way one way or another. Just remember all the good times and carry on as your dad would of wanted you to.

Awesome news on the cp5 set up please let me know how you find it, as you know ours is full cp2 with all the hardware barring turbo in place to go stage 3/cp5 (barring injectors). I know alot of companies make higher peak figures than collins maps but i find there maps really good very driveable and not just all or nothing etc.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:48 PM
boost monster
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 130 Likes on 118 Posts

The car will be a weapon with the cp5 I think you’ll have fun.
As for your Father all I can say is it gets easier with time. Been there in similar circumstances.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:52 PM
zetaboostboy522bhp

Cheers again lads,

today ive fitted the polybush ring spacer which fits in the engine mount nearest to the header tank.
only took 10 mins to fit and it's another job off the list. The main reason I've fitted it was after fitting the rear torque mount I noticed letting the clutch out you could hear a slight banging noise so I got the missus to listen which I know is a job in its self lol and she said it sounded like the noise was coming from the drivers side. So got the jack under the sump and raised the engine to find a lot of movement so in it went. A tiny amount more vibration and I mean tiny only really noticeable when your in the wrong gear etc. Just the gearbox insert to do but not bothered about that yet. I purchased a secondhand cat as I wanted the mounting bracket welding to my enhanced performance downpipe as it's not got one so I mock it up on my welding table and started to look how it can fit but need to buy 2 mm stainless steel before it can be done.
tomoz is going to be wash day as the car is a shithole so I will post a pic of some of the mods I've done.

cheers paul
Old 08-09-2019, 12:17 AM
Lee read
Rs turbo

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Sorry to hear about your dad Paul. Such sad news. I lost my dad end of 2015 and then my mum 2 years after. Hope you and your family are ok and being strong
Old 12-09-2019, 11:44 PM
zetaboostboy522bhp

Heres a few pics of how the car stands at the minute
i had already purchased the polybush engine insert ring , well it took 10 mins to fit and wow its amazing , makes the car feel like its just ready to go , really stiffened the engine up and stopped the clucking noise and works brilliant with the rear torque mount. Theres is a tiny bit more vibration and i mean tiny when engine in wrong gear etc but it just feels so much more poised to go. I would defo recommend to fit one for the price great bit of kit.

You can just see the yellow insert

Next you can see the stage 3 airtec intercooler lerking behind the front bumper , i want to keep the car a proper sleeper with maybe just one cp5 badge.
You may also see the dehoney combed grill all the way to the bottom , I don't like the back of the bumper being white so will either paint it black or cut it off.

Washed the car as it was really ditched as i just havent had time to clean her. Couple of hours graft inside and out and shes back to normal again.

The car could do with having the alloys redone but i will be spraying them myself at some point and fixing the kerbed alloy. Boost hoses from airtec have turned up and so has the dei titanium wrap and stainless steel ties ready to wrap the down pipe. I just need to make and weld the bracket on the down before next friday.
I will update when theres news

Cheers paul

Last edited by zetaboostboy522bhp; 13-09-2019 at 07:07 AM.
Old 14-09-2019, 08:54 PM
Rsmat
300+

Lovely work mate , really love these little St's
Old 16-09-2019, 08:53 AM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

Looks smart that. Really want one of these at the moment.
Old 16-09-2019, 12:29 PM
zetaboostboy522bhp

Originally Posted by massivewangers
Looks smart that. Really want one of these at the moment.
Buy one mate they are fanastic cars , if slightly under powered as standard.

Fabricated the bracket for the downpipe . I purchased a secondhand cat pipe and made a quick bracket on the welding table and then made a mock up template

Plenty of room so i dont why they didnt fit one

Nearly perfect fit

And finally titanium exhaust wrap with stainless ties

Cheers paul
Old 20-09-2019, 08:22 PM
zetaboostboy522bhp

Well i was up at 6.00 this morning loading the car up with the parts to take to collins performance for the cp5 conversion.
Got there early as they wanted the car so they could have a full day working on it so i can collect it tomoz.
Things being done are

Cp5 kit
S280 turbo
Boost pipe
Uprated bosch injectors
Remap
Exhaust and decat fitting
Eibach springs and isolators
Ferodo 2500 front pads

Got there and gary was a sound bloke and very welcoming and showed me around there demo car and plenty of other work they are doing atm , he was very helpful and explained everything and even a few secret cp6 mods lol but i wont be going that route as this is my every day car.

Got home and with 10 mins gary phoned , weve got a problem as i used the pro alloy boost hoses they are made to fit the pro alloy intercooler which has different hose connection compared to the airtec stage 3 and i had to cut the original boost hoses down as they didnt fit , so gary said the turbo technics boost hose thats in the turbo kit is made to use the standard for boost hose and he had no spares. I said i cut it up and he said ok i will take the one off our demo car to get it done and i said i had just purchased silicon hoses and i will bring them tomoz and he said no probs we can swap it over if i come alittle earlier.
30 mins later the phone rings we are just doing the brakes and your disc are in his words if it was out of a 100 for how bad they are , yours are 95 percent lol.
Tbf they have been alittle shit when hard braking but i thought it was the pads , gary didnt want me to fuck my 2500 pads so i said fit some new discs so everythings spot on.
So no phone calls since so i hope everthings ok and iam really looking forward to picking her up tomoz to see how shes improved.

Cheers paul
Old 21-09-2019, 05:31 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

hope all goes well today pal, always a few little niggles to iron out a find haha

should be an interesting drive home with 330+ bhp on tap look forward to hearing how you find it
Old 21-09-2019, 04:41 PM
zetaboostboy522bhp

Right guys good news and bad news
The cp5 kit is quality the car feels super fast and is lol , but we have a problem with fuel pressure.
If i remember right and dont shot me down in flames but the fuel pressure goes from 170 bar down to 80 bar when under full load and then back up again to 160 bar so in 6th gear cruising when you put your foot down to the floor it goes into limp mode because its picking up low fuel pressure fault. Collins said its perfectly safe and to just restart the car and its back to normal. I need the car for work so the car came back and its like shit of a shovel lol.
Gary at collins think it could be either a worn fuel follower or the high pressure fuel pump or thers aload of shit around the filter in the tank but said its unlikely that as the pressure goes back up to normal.
So the car is booked in for next friday so they can find the problem , they will look if its the fuel follower while they change the pump for a spare one they have to see if theres any difference in the data for the pressures, if so a new one will be fitted job done. If not its dropping the tank to see if the filter is full of shit.
Other than that the car is perfect the eibach lowering springs have transformed the shitty bumpy ride and the exhaust is perfect for me not too loud when cruising but on full power its loud enough .
So yeh iam abit of mixed emotions because i can see the car will be great but its just not there yet.

Cheers paul
Old 21-09-2019, 05:26 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Originally Posted by zetaboostboy522bhp
Right guys good news and bad news
The cp5 kit is quality the car feels super fast and is lol , but we have a problem with fuel pressure.
If i remember right and dont shot me down in flames but the fuel pressure goes from 170 bar down to 80 bar when under full load and then back up again to 160 bar so in 6th gear cruising when you put your foot down to the floor it goes into limp mode because its picking up low fuel pressure fault. Collins said its perfectly safe and to just restart the car and its back to normal. I need the car for work so the car came back and its like shit of a shovel lol.
Gary at collins think it could be either a worn fuel follower or the high pressure fuel pump or thers aload of shit around the filter in the tank but said its unlikely that as the pressure goes back up to normal.
So the car is booked in for next friday so they can find the problem , they will look if its the fuel follower while they change the pump for a spare one they have to see if theres any difference in the data for the pressures, if so a new one will be fitted job done. If not its dropping the tank to see if the filter is full of shit.
Other than that the car is perfect the eibach lowering springs have transformed the shitty bumpy ride and the exhaust is perfect for me not too loud when cruising but on full power its loud enough .
So yeh iam abit of mixed emotions because i can see the car will be great but its just not there yet.

Cheers paul
if you have a spare hour or 2 do the fuel follower ( i take it you mean the cam bucket) yourself its a doddle and if your unsure theres a few vids on youtube showing you how to.

nice to hear about the springs as thats one area i think lets the st down the ride is really crashy as standard, has it eliminated alot of that then? also get a couple of pics up once they have settled so i can have a look how she sits.

will be mega once the little teething probs are sorted s280 is the best turbo for them now imo, i know other companies make higher figures on same turbo but none of them put the hours of development in like collins do imo
Old 21-09-2019, 06:12 PM
zetaboostboy522bhp

Originally Posted by bluntys1rsturbo
if you have a spare hour or 2 do the fuel follower ( i take it you mean the cam bucket) yourself its a doddle and if your unsure theres a few vids on youtube showing you how to.

nice to hear about the springs as thats one area i think lets the st down the ride is really crashy as standard, has it eliminated alot of that then? also get a couple of pics up once they have settled so i can have a look how she sits.

will be mega once the little teething probs are sorted s280 is the best turbo for them now imo, i know other companies make higher figures on same turbo but none of them put the hours of development in like collins do imo
I know the cam bucket / follower or whatever they are called are pretty easy to change and i would have no trouble doing it myself etc but we dont know if its 100% the problem and we need the data information to find out so for it to be 100% correct it needs to go to collins anyway and they are only charging £90 in labour to take the pump off etc and swap it for one of there spares and then data log the car again to see if theres any change , if not then weve got problems somewhere. If its ok then a new pump will be fitted but as gary said even thou its a 15 plate its only covered 16000 miles and they hardly never see them damaged etc and says its rare for such a low mileage car with problems etc.

Eibach springs are a million times better , on the way to collins when i drove over the yellow lines painted on the road to tell you a rounabout coming up i nearly threw my breakfest up on the way home i couldnt hardly feel them. I will take pics tomoz for you but its defo having spacers on and it will be perfect then.

They said and even thou they own mongoose exhausts etc that the enhanced performance exhaust quality was unreal and worth every penny and with a slight tweek would be the best on the market. Its perfect for me in everyway and iam growing towards the single tailpipe design aswell.

Its 95% there just these stupid little niggly bits

Cheers paul
Old 27-09-2019, 07:34 PM
zetaboostboy522bhp

Update time and atm its not good news as collins cannot find the cause of the low pressure problems. Today the lads have really got stuck in to the car and had the fuel pump and a fuel follower out within a hour and also inspected the cam , they said theres no seeable ware on the cam or the follower and they put a new pump and follower in and its identical fuel pressures. They pulled up a cp5 cars data with 66000miles on it and it should be around 111 bar so mines really low. So the lads said i didnt have to pay for the pump as its not changed anything so they are swapping them back over.i had to return to derby as i had to pick my lad up from school so they said they are going to drop the fuel tank and take the low pressure pump out to check the filter and swap the fuel rail pressure switch as its only a few quid.
Hopefully tomoz we will have some good news as after that gary thinks it must be a cam so its a big job so i will have to look at maybe getting uprated cams because ford want £380 per cam so i will weigh up my options,
Fucking cars lol.
On a plus note gary has said it a weird car as its got the lowest fuel pressure theyve ever seen but has the highest air flow figure theyve seen lol the highest was 238 mine was 243 which he says means it goes well.

Cheers paul

Last edited by zetaboostboy522bhp; 27-09-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 29-09-2019, 11:12 AM
zetaboostboy522bhp

Update and mostly good news the car is 99% there. The fuel pressure issue has now been solved and is 160 bar dropping to 130 bar and back to 150 bar which is perfect it turned out to be the fuel pressure switch which on a 16000 mile car is unheard of but I looked about problems with them and the 2.3 ecoboost mustangs suffer a lot and cause all sorts of problems so it got swapped out. Collins and Gary said the car is now doing 250 air flow figures which is the highest they've ever recorded by along way , it's another 12 over there own demo car which means the cars had to have a custom tweak to the map and the car drives superb in every gear. The issue still arises in 6th gear when cruising the pump basically goes to sleep then when the throttle is opened only to 100 % will it go into limp mode. When will you drive in 6 th gear thou and open the throttle 100% probably never unless your on a runway doing top speed runs. They've check the low lift in tank pump = fine , they swapped the high lift pump and fuel follower = no difference so original was fine , they've swapped the fuel pressure sensor = fixed the low fuel pressure , they've retweeked the map = car drives perfect , all that but there's still an issue but Collins have had a learning curve as in terms of what the cars fuelling system can do. We talked about changing the low pressure pump to an uprated item but the low side pressure was 6.5 bar so perfect all the way across the map so if there was a problem then it would of dropped etc. They seem to think it's more the high pressure side so maybe getting a 4 lobe cam made so it's pumping the high pressure pump x4 times per cam revolution so it's getting higher fuel pressure or maybe they think the cars original fuel line from the tank to the high pressure pump could be the problem. They've never seen this issue and tbf wouldn't off as the car has now pushed the bench mark of there tune so they are learning new problems etc.
when I arrived I was expecting to be hit with a big bill in terms of labour for ripping the car to bits and the time for fault finding etc , but Gary said they are not charging me a penny as it's as important for them to learn about issues like this as it is important about finding the cars many limiting factors.
so iam really happy with the car , the way it performs and the lads at colllins performance I couldn't speak highly enough off.
a few more mods like wheel spacers and side skirts and that's it I think.
the exhaust is slightly knocking still on the underside of the car , Collins even swapped the poly bush mounts to mk2 focus rs exhaust mounts for free but it's still ever so slightly knocking under full load . Soooooo it will hopefully go to enhance performance for them to look at and fix but I will update when I've spoke to them first.
i will do a incar vid soon to show how rapid it is lol.
oh and iam getting a lot more miles per gallon , full tank before 280 odd miles to empty , now filled up 380 miles to empty.

cheers paul

Last edited by zetaboostboy522bhp; 29-09-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:36 PM
Rsmat
300+

Fantastic results mate , and pushing the boundaries .. keep up the good work
Old 02-10-2019, 12:28 AM
GVK.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 115 Likes on 108 Posts

Airflow figures of 250 g/s (250 divided by 0.8) suggest 312hp or so... should be rapid!

VAG TFSI cars suffer from the high pressure fuel pump/sensor problems too and wear the cam follower out as well.

Last edited by GVK.; 02-10-2019 at 12:33 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:24 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

great news on the power etc pal, and awesome service by collins they seem to be going above and beyond to get the best/reliable results as possible

id imagine your around 340-345bhp now which is certainly going give the st a proper good kick up the arse.

how are you finding the springs now they have settled in (could very well be ou next mod)
Old 06-10-2019, 09:04 PM
zetaboostboy522bhp

Originally Posted by bluntys1rsturbo
great news on the power etc pal, and awesome service by collins they seem to be going above and beyond to get the best/reliable results as possible

id imagine your around 340-345bhp now which is certainly going give the st a proper good kick up the arse.

how are you finding the springs now they have settled in (could very well be ou next mod)
Its still a hard ride still but nowhere as bumpy as the ford springs , better handling aswell imo.

If its at 300bhp whp that is fine as thats what i wanted anything over that is a bonus. I think iam going to build a tubular manifold for it and see how it performs , see if theres any gains on the same map.

Cheers paul
Old 06-10-2019, 09:21 PM
zetaboostboy522bhp

http://imgur.com/a/aZQNZf3

Video of car but its very wet and wheel spinning in 1st, 2nd and 3rd , thats about 20mph to 120mph when i back off.

Last edited by zetaboostboy522bhp; 06-10-2019 at 10:07 PM.