View Single Post
Old 29-09-2019, 11:12 AM
zetaboostboy522bhp
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 119 Likes on 101 Posts

Update and mostly good news the car is 99% there. The fuel pressure issue has now been solved and is 160 bar dropping to 130 bar and back to 150 bar which is perfect it turned out to be the fuel pressure switch which on a 16000 mile car is unheard of but I looked about problems with them and the 2.3 ecoboost mustangs suffer a lot and cause all sorts of problems so it got swapped out. Collins and Gary said the car is now doing 250 air flow figures which is the highest they've ever recorded by along way , it's another 12 over there own demo car which means the cars had to have a custom tweak to the map and the car drives superb in every gear. The issue still arises in 6th gear when cruising the pump basically goes to sleep then when the throttle is opened only to 100 % will it go into limp mode. When will you drive in 6 th gear thou and open the throttle 100% probably never unless your on a runway doing top speed runs. They've check the low lift in tank pump = fine , they swapped the high lift pump and fuel follower = no difference so original was fine , they've swapped the fuel pressure sensor = fixed the low fuel pressure , they've retweeked the map = car drives perfect , all that but there's still an issue but Collins have had a learning curve as in terms of what the cars fuelling system can do. We talked about changing the low pressure pump to an uprated item but the low side pressure was 6.5 bar so perfect all the way across the map so if there was a problem then it would of dropped etc. They seem to think it's more the high pressure side so maybe getting a 4 lobe cam made so it's pumping the high pressure pump x4 times per cam revolution so it's getting higher fuel pressure or maybe they think the cars original fuel line from the tank to the high pressure pump could be the problem. They've never seen this issue and tbf wouldn't off as the car has now pushed the bench mark of there tune so they are learning new problems etc.
when I arrived I was expecting to be hit with a big bill in terms of labour for ripping the car to bits and the time for fault finding etc , but Gary said they are not charging me a penny as it's as important for them to learn about issues like this as it is important about finding the cars many limiting factors.
so iam really happy with the car , the way it performs and the lads at colllins performance I couldn't speak highly enough off.
a few more mods like wheel spacers and side skirts and that's it I think.
the exhaust is slightly knocking still on the underside of the car , Collins even swapped the poly bush mounts to mk2 focus rs exhaust mounts for free but it's still ever so slightly knocking under full load . Soooooo it will hopefully go to enhance performance for them to look at and fix but I will update when I've spoke to them first.
i will do a incar vid soon to show how rapid it is lol.
oh and iam getting a lot more miles per gallon , full tank before 280 odd miles to empty , now filled up 380 miles to empty.

cheers paul

Last edited by zetaboostboy522bhp; 29-09-2019 at 11:14 AM.