General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

RS Focus vs Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 20-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

boy_racer2f2f
simons work is on evos so makes sense to have a high tuned evo to promote business.but he obviously loves a good supercar and if you have the money why the hell not.wish i could afford to do that,
Old 20-07-2006, 09:50 PM
5.03 sec 1600
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you shore you aint a little boy or just like to hang around with little boys in 1.2 corsa's and bet you have the most bhp 92 xrpoo!!!!! you must have the fastest car in your gang TWAT!!!!!!!!
Old 20-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

This thread is becoming hysterical!

Its funny that the (clearly) younger members on this page argue the toss on cars they have no experience of driving themselves.

A prime example is the comment on an M5 being referred to as a Taxi. Its a very fast car with 4 seats used to take passengers round at high speed. The fact that it has passengers is perhaps why its called a taxi.

Sometimes its so easy to get tied up in the petulance of the brainless arguing on here that you forget what point to put across in the first place!!
Old 20-07-2006, 09:52 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Originally Posted by 5.03 sec 1600
you shore you aint a little boy or just like to hang around with little boys in 1.2 corsa's and bet you have the most bhp 92 xrpoo!!!!! you must have the fastest car in your gang TWAT!!!!!!!!
In the words of Dave

Lordy Lord
Old 20-07-2006, 09:53 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rightstuff
at the end of the day,people are arguing because we've got split opinions.

THING IS,how can people comment IF THEYVE NEVER RACED A FERRARI IN THEIR FORD???????????

you are always gonna get people say "but he probably vcant drive etc etc,but would never say "my car does a 13.0 sec qtr,BUT I I DID A PERFECT RUN ID GET IN THE 10's !!!!!!"would you???

ive said all ive got to say.........i know what i saw when i raced the ferrari,AND HE WAS GUNNING IT!!!! hitting the limiter etc and COULD NOT SHAKE ME!!!!!

I BELIEVE THE FOCUS RS STORY!!!!

END OF!

Seeing as you have missed the point by miles, let me fill you in on the plot. You've said Ferraris are shit, old mans cars that couldn't pull the top off a rice pudding, however every hetrosexual male and female disagrees, even the top tuners own them. Yes you might have a Nova that's faster, but it is still just a Nova. Ferraris are supercars which adorn the walls of many young and old males, Novas do not and are not super cars whatever you do to them. Is that better?
Old 20-07-2006, 09:53 PM
THEYGOTMETOO
CUNT!

Location: BLUE PILL or RED PILL ... All I offer is the truth, nothing more, nothing less. You choose.

APMSL at some of the comments on this thread by people who are clearly don't have a clue!

The original poster hasn't ever said what Ferrari it was (at least I don't think he has)

An RS Focus Vs a Ferrari ... asuming it was a modern or recently modern Ferrari the Focus doesn't really stand a much of a chance neither in a straight line or around a track.

Also, if you`re going to spend silly money (i.e. Ł150k) on a modified car you'd be better of starting with a supercar in the first place not an old hatchback which started out as a family runabout.
Old 20-07-2006, 09:55 PM
FULLBORE
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by essex_jamie
but in the original comment regarding the focus rs,they werent WEAVING in and out of the traffic?????????

and so what are you saying,if you have a tear up down a duel carriage way,get spanked fair and square...........you could still pull up and say "you won,but mines still faster than yours!!!!!!" lol

i understand,and fully agree with th driving like cu*t comment,but on a long duel carriage way straight,with nothing in front either of you,ad you both go for it......................WILL PROOVE THE FASTER CAR!!!!!!!!!!

its sore losers that would come out with "YEAH but but but i would spank you on the track!!!"
BUT THATS THE TRACK,NOT STRAGHT LINE!!!!!! that is a completely different subject alltogether!!!!!!
i agree dwon an empty dual road and then if u lose u lose i dont care bout losing i dont do track dys im all for road driving but u gotta remember there might be a stretch of open road but u never know wat prick might just fly off a slip road or if theres a traffic jam comin up ur way round the next corner of the carriage way, i had mate die racing on roads an that was empty till the next bend , sometimes its better to lose and live
i couldnt agree more mate...... its easy to say not to speed ,but when you get some scooby or something come up along side you,smirk at you cos he's confident his is faster than yours,YOU KNOW YOUR GONNA TOE IT TO PROOVE HIM WRONG.lol

as you say,if you do speed(which im sure we're all guilty of) you need to do it in the safest way poss eg duel carriage way,where theres barrers eitherside so nothing can pull out on you,and be able to see where you going(not round bends etc)
dont get me wrong,theres nothing safe about speeding,but if you do,think of the others that could pay the price of your moment of madness
Old 20-07-2006, 09:55 PM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NIL 7717
boy_racer2f2f
simons work is on evos so makes sense to have a high tuned evo to promote business.but he obviously loves a good supercar and if you have the money why the hell not.wish i could afford to do that,
completly fair comment and 100% agree with that
Old 20-07-2006, 09:58 PM
5.03 sec 1600

Originally Posted by Keith B
This thread is becoming hysterical!

Its funny that the (clearly) younger members on this page argue the toss on cars they have no experience of driving themselves.

A prime example is the comment on an M5 being referred to as a Taxi. Its a very fast car with 4 seats used to take passengers round at high speed. The fact that it has passengers is perhaps why its called a taxi.

Sometimes its so easy to get tied up in the petulance of the brainless arguing on here that you forget what point to put across in the first place!!
i have had the experiance of drive most of the cars that are being talked bout M5's, ferrari F360, M3's, RUF porche 996 turbo and many others all very very nice cars! but dont quite get the same buzz as a fwd fiesta with serious torque steer
Old 20-07-2006, 10:00 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rick
EIL132

does look nice that though
Wheels are gash, never liked 500 rims on a Fiesta. Mine was fine until the floor rotted and my arse scraped along the ground

Old 20-07-2006, 10:01 PM
essex_jamie
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

but in the original comment regarding the focus rs,they werent WEAVING in and out of the traffic?????????

and so what are you saying,if you have a tear up down a duel carriage way,get spanked fair and square...........you could still pull up and say "you won,but mines still faster than yours!!!!!!" lol

i understand,and fully agree with th driving like cu*t comment,but on a long duel carriage way straight,with nothing in front either of you,ad you both go for it......................WILL PROOVE THE FASTER CAR!!!!!!!!!!

its sore losers that would come out with "YEAH but but but i would spank you on the track!!!"
BUT THATS THE TRACK,NOT STRAGHT LINE!!!!!! that is a completely different subject alltogether!!!!!!
i agree dwon an empty dual road and then if u lose u lose i dont care bout losing i dont do track dys im all for road driving but u gotta remember there might be a stretch of open road but u never know wat prick might just fly off a slip road or if theres a traffic jam comin up ur way round the next corner of the carriage way, i had mate die racing on roads an that was empty till the next bend , sometimes its better to lose and live
i couldnt agree more mate...... its easy to say not to speed ,but when you get some scooby or something come up along side you,smirk at you cos he's confident his is faster than yours,YOU KNOW YOUR GONNA TOE IT TO PROOVE HIM WRONG.lol

as you say,if you do speed(which im sure we're all guilty of) you need to do it in the safest way poss eg duel carriage way,where theres barrers eitherside so nothing can pull out on you,and be able to see where you going(not round bends etc)
dont get me wrong,theres nothing safe about speeding,but if you do,think of the others that could pay the price of your moment of madness
couldnt agree more mate oh an im not preaching i speed god i have had 19points and a 6 month ban in my 6 and half years driving , an like u say wen someone is givin it large then u gotta love leaving them for dust just got watch others im confident in my driving but not of others lol
Old 20-07-2006, 10:08 PM
FULLBORE

Originally Posted by EIL132

THING IS,how can people comment IF THEYVE NEVER RACED A FERRARI IN THEIR FORD???????????

you are always gonna get people say "but he probably vcant drive etc etc,but would never say "my car does a 13.0 sec qtr,BUT I I DID A PERFECT RUN ID GET IN THE 10's !!!!!!"would you???

ive said all ive got to say.........i know what i saw when i raced the ferrari,AND HE WAS GUNNING IT!!!! hitting the limiter etc and COULD NOT SHAKE ME!!!!!

END OF!

Seeing as you have missed the point by miles, let me fill you in on the plot. You've said Ferraris are shit, old mans cars that couldn't pull the top off a rice pudding, however every hetrosexual male and female disagrees, even the top tuners own them. Yes you might have a Nova that's faster, but it is still just a Nova. Ferraris are supercars which adorn the walls of many young and old males, Novas do not and are not super cars whatever you do to them. Is that better?
RIGHT LET ME FILL YOU IN

I said ferraris are Shit IN SUPERCAR TERMS!!!!!!

I never said a nova is a better car....................ITS A FUCKIN NOVA!!!!!!!

I was explaining that even the shitest cars can beat a ferrari and that they arent as fast as people think.

TOP TUNERS have them for the status factor(THE BADGE AS I SAID BEFORE!!!!) TO SHOW THEY HAVE AN ACCOMPLISHED BUSINESS.

IF THEY WANTED A FERRARI FOR PEFORMANCE,then that would be pointless as their own engineered cars would be a better allround car than the ferrari....

your desperately trying to win the arguement mate.........
as for the comment on peoples attitudes who own fiestas thesedays.......

alot of people could say a few things about bmw drivers mate
but im not that bothered,i havent taken any of this tread to heart...and if your desperate to proove your right and im wrong then go for it..........

errrrr YOU WIN,IM WRONG
Old 20-07-2006, 10:10 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

RIGHT LET ME FILL YOU IN

Have a sleep, read some books and come back tomorrow
Old 20-07-2006, 10:11 PM
89xr2
Brap!

END OF!

RIGHT LET ME FILL YOU IN

I was explaining that even the shitest cars can beat a ferrari and that they arent as fast as people think.

TOP TUNERS have them for the status factor(THE BADGE AS I SAID BEFORE!!!!) TO SHOW THEY HAVE AN ACCOMPLISHED BUSINESS.

IF THEY WANTED A FERRARI FOR PEFORMANCE,then that would be pointless as their own engineered cars would be a better allround car than the ferrari....

but im not that bothered,i havent taken any of this tread to heart...and if your desperate to proove your right and im wrong then go for it..........

errrrr YOU WIN,IM WRONG
What would you say about an Enzo then? is that not a fast car?
Old 20-07-2006, 10:12 PM
essex_jamie

mmm enzo
Old 20-07-2006, 10:13 PM
FULLBORE

right ..................im going to bed to read a book and i'll be back tomorrow.
Old 20-07-2006, 10:16 PM
FULLBORE

mmmm gt 40
mmmmm new noble
mmmm lambo
mmmm tvr

nite EIL 132 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZ
Old 20-07-2006, 10:17 PM
5.03 sec 1600

RIGHT LET ME FILL YOU IN

Have a sleep, read some books and come back tomorrow
give in have we with your over weight BEEMER! you need to read some books and get some real power!
Old 20-07-2006, 10:22 PM
5.03 sec 1600

Originally Posted by 89XR2

END OF!

RIGHT LET ME FILL YOU IN

errrrr YOU WIN,IM WRONG
What would you say about an Enzo then? is that not a fast car?
yer very fast but you aint goin to see 1 on the road as often as other ferrari's plus there will be a cossie to beat it! lol
Old 20-07-2006, 10:24 PM
5.03 sec 1600

mmm enzo
i like your saff what wheels are they?
Old 20-07-2006, 10:35 PM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

any body say enzo on the road.

this was being followed by an merc maclarren slr. both beutiful cars, but unfortunetly wernt caning it.

i had to go quite slow to let them go past so my mate could take a pic for me
Old 20-07-2006, 10:40 PM
FULLBORE

im a courier,travel all aover the place,and ive never seen one of them....................................how would that match up to the maclarren??
Old 20-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Oh the drama i will not sleep tonight thinkin why the fuck i bought a Ferrari and not a Nova

This IS REAL Passion Ford...but without a Ford
Old 20-07-2006, 10:47 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Bosch-Man Your avatar seriously fucks my eyes up everytime i look at it.
Old 20-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by 89XR2
Bosch-Man Your avatar seriously fucks my eyes up everytime i look at it.
Looks normal to me

Old 20-07-2006, 10:50 PM
essex_jamie

mmm enzo
i like your saff what wheels are they?
hi there 18" mania polished lip with flint grey painted middles
Old 20-07-2006, 10:53 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

give in have we with your over weight BEEMER! you need to read some books and get some real power!
Your car's shit, just admit it
Old 20-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Keith B

have had the experiance of drive most of the cars that are being talked bout M5's, ferrari F360, M3's, RUF porche 996 turbo and many others all very very nice cars! but dont quite get the same buzz as a fwd fiesta with serious torque steer
Right......course you have. And you prefer the Fiesta. You know I heard Schumacher say the same thing about trading his EB110 GT for Sunny's Fiesta. Gimp.

Can we have a special page where RightStuff and 5.03 Sec 1660 do all the posting? It'd be worth paying for!
Old 20-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

i have had the experiance of drive most of the cars that are being talked bout M5's, ferrari F360, M3's, RUF porche 996 turbo and many others all very very nice cars! but dont quite get the same buzz as a fwd fiesta with serious torque steer
ahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

I cant fucking believe you said that, and believe that

funniest comment ever
Old 20-07-2006, 11:02 PM
89xr2
Brap!

i wonder how many pages this thread can get too when all the daytime boys read it again tomorrow.
Old 20-07-2006, 11:19 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

I pop out for a couple of hours, and it's completely degenerated into a post full of worthless drivel. No, wait, it was before!

For the record, I HAVE raced a Ferrari 355 in my old saff taxi, and there was absolutely nothing in it at sub 130mph speed from about 70mph. However, what does that prove? As the sensible people on here always say, that doesn't make the Ferrari slow - it makes the cossie a VERY quick car.

Aside from all that, remember that for all the straighline performance that a cossie does well, the other car beats it hands down in every other arena.

For the record, last time I saw a 550 come up behind me, I didn't change lanes to try and race it. Why not? Because I'm not 17, I know I'd lose, and I wanted to enjoy the sight and sound of a beautiful car pulling away.
Old 20-07-2006, 11:21 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RichardPON
I pop out for a couple of hours, and it's completely degenerated into a post full of worthless drivel. No, wait, it was before!
TBH Pon, I thought it was going rather well
Old 20-07-2006, 11:23 PM
89xr2
Brap!

[quote="EIL132"][quote="RichardPON"]I pop out for a couple of hours, and it's completely degenerated into a post full of worthless drivel. No, wait, it was before!

TBH Pon, I thought it was going rather well
I dont know what thread he's been reading as this one is an intellectual debate on the environmental impact of racing a ferrari against a ford...
Old 20-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Kevin Sharp
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stavros
ahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

I cant fucking believe you said that, and believe that

funniest comment ever
AROFL
i have to agree

next car for me is a fwd torque steering weapon!
Old 20-07-2006, 11:32 PM
essex_jamie

5.03 sec 1600 wrote:
watch that torque steer in the fiesta after drivng those other cars u might struggle as they will be no where near as torquey
Old 21-07-2006, 12:01 AM
AndyBrew

What the fuck is this all about????

Ferrari's beautiful cars, yes undoubtedly, fastest thing on the planet?, I don't think so most reliable cars?, I don't think so

If I had the money would I buy a Ferrari 360, yes, would I
be pissed off if a shonky saff, RST, EscCos, EVO, Scooby, GTI-r was stuck to my boot lid, yes I would LOL!!!

would it make me go out and buy one, no LOL!!!!

the problem here is extreme's we have some sensible views and some extreme views, the problem is the more intelligent people have the sensible views

as I said before my Scooby STi 8 PPP would pummel a 355 Ferrari around a track, period! and I'm no great driver believe me

and my EVO kept up with a 996 turbo up to 110 coming back from Le Mans, period! and I wasn't driving LOL!

a Fiat 16v Turbo kept with my Scoob coming back from kettering one day, and a Mondeo Diesel out dragged my EVO on the A6 in Leicester one day also and I also remember an old dear in a mini mayfair beating me away from the lights when I just got my EscCos

back on topic.....

live and let live and just because someone is in an FRS and someone is in a Ferrari does not make the outcome inprobable, does it????
Old 21-07-2006, 12:06 AM
nath69uk
Regular Contributor

Sorry guys gotta stick another post into a thread that I think should have been locked after first page.

I dunno why all of a sudden everyone has give someone so much shit about posting a thread about racing a ferarri. Im sure if same happened to alot of people on here they would have posted the same story.

Out of order to be honest, even if it's bullshit or not considering he hadnt even sent 10 posts. Not a nice welcome really.

Either theres alot of ppl on here that have not got much to do with there spare time or, theres alot of people that dislike the fact he has a focus RS and they dont. What I recommend is use the spare time that you use for flaming newcomers to this forum and get a job to save up for either a focus or a ferarri.

Sorry I had to get involved cos I'll probably get a flaming now for adding my thoughts to this shite.

Peace Out

WARNING - If anyone has suffered any sort of pain or other symptoms similiar to the ones caused by "The Ferrari V's Ford" thread by reading my post then tough shit get a life and get saving.
Old 21-07-2006, 12:10 AM
89xr2
Brap!

hardly any of the posts on here have anything to do with the original guys post though
Old 21-07-2006, 12:13 AM
nath69uk
Regular Contributor

Sorry guys gotta stick another post into a thread that I think should have been locked after first page.
Old 21-07-2006, 12:21 AM
essex_jamie

i think most people on here can afford a frs there not exactly expensive are they,
i dont think the newbie got tht much of a roasting anyway only from a fe doughnuts but wen u post bout racing people will always react good or bad, if u dont likethings being said u shouldnt post, public forums mean public opinions

Quick Reply: RS Focus vs Ferrari