Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

200SX drift toy- 26th July- :eek: shocking news. possibly...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the spoiler....

I also like how it looks shit (sorta thrown together, Not shit 'shit' ).. No offence, It looks good for it

Maybe its the paint that does that, Dunno
Old 07-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

thats how its meant to look

if it WAS painted any other colour itd jus look plain tatty n shit, but in matt black with all the right bits on it its clearly done on purpose n hard as fuck
Old 07-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

I like your siggy pic
Old 08-12-2006, 07:33 AM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

luving the spoiler...
Old 08-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

the spoiler is cool as fuck! keep it bitch!

not seen ANY other sx with one!

yes, the red erst is our mags one, just back from Jacko after he done an AMAZING re-spray on it! it looks the fucking tits now!

just needs an MOT

and the car outside tune in for next months FF and see what it is

steve was right tho, matt black rattle cans looks the tits, other colours look shit
Old 08-12-2006, 01:35 PM
jr
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks spot on, love how purposefull it looks

any idea of how much youve spent on it stavros
Old 08-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by jr
Looks spot on, love how purposefull it looks

Any idea of how much youve spent on it stavros
Bought it for umm, 400quid i think. Spent i dunno, 2grand on it? Nah, less than that. I should add it up.

Bearing in mind what it looks like, and the spec (go through the whole spec and list the entire spec, its crazy), especially the suspension (ie EVERYTHING adjustable, front and rear, ill take some pics ASAP to show it all fitted) which makes most cossie track cars with 10s of thousands spent on em look shit, id say ive done well.

S13s are VERY ordinary standard cars, but with some taste, and thought, you can build one hell of a car for the money...
Old 08-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Escy
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Stavros
S13s are VERY ordinary standard cars, but with some taste, and thought, you can build one hell of a car for the money...
Couldn't agree more

Nice job on that. Alot of your bits must have been cheap for it to have cost you what it has. For example, the bodykit.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

I exchanged the bodykit for some other stuff, which is nice.

But most of it was hunting round for bargains (Veilside spoiler was 80bucks etc), like the rear toe arms i took as a deposit for my GTR bonnet i was selling for example.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Looks good Steve, but a shame flaring the wheel arches has dented the fuck out of it!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by Dan
Looks good Steve, but a shame flaring the wheel arches has dented the fuck out of it!
No it hasnt Denting the fuck outa it dented the fuck outa it Actually, tell a lie, due to my complete stupidity i dented both front arches a bit, that wasnt the flaring tho, that was me great work with some tin snips.

All other dents id already done.

If you think its a shame theres a coupla pussy dents your REALLY not gonna be happy once its back running, as its gonna get the shit smashed out of it, im not interested in poncy pretty cars.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Stavros
Originally Posted by Dan
No it hasnt Denting the fuck outa it dented the fuck outa it Actually, tell a lie, due to my complete stupidity i dented both front arches a bit, that wasnt the flaring tho, that was me great work with some tin snips.

All other dents id already done.

If you think its a shame theres a coupla pussy dents your REALLY not gonna be happy once its back running, as its gonna get the shit smashed out of it, im not interested in poncy pretty cars.
You fuckin mong Steve, thought you loved this more than the skyline!

I won't be worried when it gets used fella, i'll be looking forward to seeing you use it!
Old 11-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

I love this car more than the Skyline, but not in that way, i love it BECAUSE i dont give a fuck about it being tatty and about smashing it up.

Cars are to be USED, just about 1% of the population used their cars to the limits for fear of damaging it, but with this car, im not at all, and cause of that i love it!

Due to, erm, new mods, that might soon appear in my posession, it wont be on the road as soon as id hoped, but i got a feeling its all about to get a bit daft...

I need a different cheapo drifter to tide me over, shame i not even got 400quid to spare for one i got my eye on, or 900quid for the other (the other one is ready specced for drifiting and has a 290bhp V8 in it too, but i not got the cash, not even 900quid )
Old 13-12-2006, 10:03 PM
crazyshad1
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

well done m8, great looking car

Drifting is alot harder than it looks

I'm interested in the turbo, i'm looking to upgrade my S14A to a GT28RS but i've heard nothing but bad things about them. Have you used it in anger yet?
Old 13-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

I hear ya Steve, it's gonna get cained and fuckin love it then!

Whats the 'tide over' toys you've got in mind?
Old 13-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

I know what he's getting Dan...

Steve you JAMMY cunt!
Old 14-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

How do you know?
Old 14-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

You told me...
Old 15-12-2006, 12:09 AM
rs_daz
PassionFord Post Troll

Looking mean mate top work..
Old 15-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Did i? Cant remember which bit?

If its the one that involves Ford stuff, that plan has changed, well moved

If its about other flashy stuff, yes, its cool
Old 02-01-2007, 02:59 AM
Anonymous
Banned

i fucking love the s13

does it flame much ?
Old 03-01-2007, 02:57 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Sorry about no update for a while, but well, its xmas and new year, so couldnt be arsed, and besides even when i wasnt out on the smash, i had the Volvo to use, and just like the only other two things i do, drinking and sex, drifting is also far more fun than putting cars together...

BUT now we have a big big biiig update, as ive gone XS Power tastic

XS are one of them companies that everyone jumps on the bandwagon and slags off, but as im sure most people know when they think about it, the bandwagon usually talks bollocks, especially when its on the internet.
My experience of them (and others i know, hell, look at the DJ Supra, low 10s on XS Power stuff, out performs the old Greddy stuff, and never fails) have always been perfectly good so far, and as they had a lot of stuff i needed, at prices that wasnt for rich/stupid folk only, i decided to give them a go, so some real testing for myself, rather than go along with all the bullshit you see on the net from rumour and from rival companies pissed off that they getting undercut so badly.

Firstly, as the car now has fully adjustable suspension geometry (pics to come! not had time yet!) it seemed a waste to put em in a sloppy shell, as as i cant afford a cage at the mo, i thought id give these XS Power strut braces a blast...

Also, the mods spinning round in my heed will give abnormally high charge temps, so a 4inch thick XS intercooler will be handy...

Next up, an XS Power dumpvalve which i must say, even tho i normally fucking hate dumpers with a passion, looks totally sex
Nice V-Band clamps to hold it on too, no jubilee clips etc.
I actually need one for what im gonna do to the motor, tho i may need to mod it a little.

Heres the top mount tubular manifold with external wastegate take off.
Looks about as well made so far as any other ive seen on the market, and thats enough of them. Maybe the quality has improved, who knows.
Notice the arrows on the last pic, the one points to some bracing which will help stop it cracking (ALL tubular manifolds are prone to cracking, be it JDM-Tyre HKS stuff or whatnot), and the other points to a takeoff boss which is handy so i can measure backpressure.

This is the extension pipe from the wastegate take off to the wastegate, note the bracing on that too
As i have "interesting" plans i will need to get that pipe adjusted as i need the wastegate to be in a slightly different place.

This is an XSP adjustable fuel pressure reg.
Reason I got hold of this is for various reasons.
Mainly im totally changing the fuel lines/setup/etc and running them in car, and while im at it i thought i may as well sort whole system rather than run the standard lil rigs n fuel rail pipes.
Secondly due to my "interesting" engine plans im gonna need to fuck with the fuel pressure etc to get it running right im sure, as i blatantly cant afford proper managment (currently Stg3 chip, 444cc inj, Z32AFM, and TBH im prob gonna go down the old skool 5th inj route for now if i need more fuel...).

Heres the external wastegate and all the gubbins, looks a bloody well made bit of kit. Seals perfectly as ive already tested that much.

Heres the turbo.
Going by wheel sizes etc id say its good for 500bhp+, so in essence WAAAAY too big for the engine normally, and way more than i wanted (at mo its on standard internals and 300bhp will do, even if build a proper engine one day i was never thinking more than 400), but with the plans i have, it should work just fine...

The exhaust flange is a nice v-band setup, and the a downpipe to adapt and v-band clamp came with the kit.

Oh ill tell you one thing too, nobody can say the kit isnt comprehensive! Foooookin look at it all!

Now i just need to dig out my old industrial balloon inflater i bought ages ago

And get to work...

First jobs are to knock up some supports and brackets for the manifold and turbo (ANYONE who runs tubular manifolds of ANY make without something to help take the strain are total bellends IMO and deserve for them to break, lol), get some pipes etc adapted and welded, some balloon inflater mounts knocked up, a elecy PAS pump, and, well, allorts...

Thank FUCK i have my Volvo 360 S1GP car to actually drift in, as the S13s quickly turned into a car not suitable for novices, lol
Old 03-01-2007, 03:04 AM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Thats what you told me about
Old 03-01-2007, 11:54 AM
DaveEscos
BANNED
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool.. how much was that little lot Steve? (as in latest update)
Old 03-01-2007, 11:57 AM
tgazvtr
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

the s13 is looking trick stav, that manifold is just sex!!!!

keep up the good work!
Old 03-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

Nice.....
Old 03-01-2007, 12:50 PM
richard_syko
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Toys
Old 03-01-2007, 02:04 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Turbo and balloon inflater together, very nice and different too
Old 03-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

so the car has gone from a Ł500 shitbox drift wagon to a Ł5k D1GB brute lol

fair play, but i think you need more practice in the volvo first
Old 03-01-2007, 07:05 PM
marky_g
Fleet Manager

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

OMG 2 cars that are the nuts
Old 03-01-2007, 07:35 PM
stu21t
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

very nice

so would you recomend the xs power stuff then?
Old 03-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by fudgeass
to a Ł5k D1GB brute lol
thing is tho, for the same spec on any other car i reckon itd cost more like 20k
Old 03-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Richie.
aka Turbosailorboy

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Old 24-01-2007, 04:29 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

This is one badass mofo!!
Old 08-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

On sunday we actually did something to the car for the first time in THREE months (as you can see, cars arnt exactly my life, lol).

Sprayed the spoiler matt black and fitted the 4inch thick intercooler.

Was dead easy to do both.

Cant remmeber if i mentioned it, but im twincharging the car, and worked out a few things too.

Worked out some stuff for mounting the charger and sorting out pulleys too, using my spare block etc.

Main issue is how i run it, i have 2 options, a normal style pulley like most stuff runs, or a proper toothed belt, they both have advantages...

For the normal type pulley we have the fact the aircon crank pulley is 2/3 to 3/4 the width of the stock M45 pulley, so it might actually be able to run it fine on that, esp with good tensioner(s), its close enough to worth giving it a go anyhow.
Also the blower ratio using stock size pulleys on both is just under 2:1 so its not too bad, should give a decent amount of boost from the charger alone, around 14000 blower rpm at 7000 engine rpm, so more than the stock CooperS runs, so in essense probably enough.

The disadvantage is the need to run the belt VERY tight with complex tensioners and even then chances are it will still slip a little at high rpm.

Other option is a toothed belt and pulleys which im MUCH happier with, but main issue is bolting the toothed pulley to the crank, im sure itd affect the balance of the engine.
Main thing tho is it wont slip, makes tensioner setup a lot simpler, and the choice of ratio is almost ifinite so i can run the shit out them charger- with the rev limiter set at a convervative 7k i ran run a 2.5:1 blower ratio and just about run the blower to the its redline but not over.

Reason i wanna overdrive it so much is for more responce and low down power, not for top end as the huge turbo takes care of that.
TBH the turbo itself will be running next to no boost as the blowers gonna be so overdriven, but it will still add about 50-100bhp to the mix.
Running the blower to its redline means very high charge temps, esp when its inhaling non-intercooled turbo air, but a very trick water injection setup as well as the 4inch thick intercooler will sort that.

At the start, as i just want it to work on stock internals, it will only be i dunno, 300odd bhp, 350 at most id say.

But it should drive like no ordinary CA or any engine anywhere near its size, instant and fantastic powerband.

Main thing i need to do is give someone the spare block and charger and get mounts and inlet and exhaust flanges fabbed up and shit.

If anyones good at welding and fabricating stainless steel and alloy, let me know!
Old 08-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Oh, forgot the pics!

wheels look badass
Old 08-03-2007, 07:07 PM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

different approach but good luck to you, your gona need it
Old 08-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by boy_racer2f2f
different approach but good luck to you, your gona need it
nah i wont, not once the mounting and pulley issue are out the way.

its easy when you know how, its a lot less complex than most think, less complex than most attempts thats always full of bizzare flaps and bypasses would make you think too.

only issue is if the AFM and ECU can cope with the boost coming in a lot sooner than it normally would.

its pretty inteligent and adaptive, and mapped to the correct basic spec, but turbocharged only, so a little worried itd not handle the instant boost.

if not it should just need more fuel, and a cheapo 5th injector setup should solve it.

basic and unrefined, but should work.

possibly
Old 08-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

you hope

Old 08-03-2007, 08:55 PM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have no doubts you'll get it to work

Quick Reply: 200SX drift toy- 26th July- :eek: shocking news. possibly...