General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Criminal record/cautions

Search this Thread

Old 15-03-2005, 07:37 PM
RstNut
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Criminal record/cautions

how long does a police caution stay on record for?
Do they ever get taken off
Thanks
Old 15-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

life i believe?
Old 15-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Jimboxr4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thats right never get taken off the police national computer.
Old 15-03-2005, 07:54 PM
RstNut
PassionFord Regular

Can they be taken off if you know a friendly bobby ?
Old 15-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RstNut
Can they be taken off if you know a friendly bobby ?
no thay cant

i was told there on record for 10 years
Old 15-03-2005, 08:12 PM
NEO™ŽŠ
PassionFord Post Troll

cautions stay for five years then you can apply to have them removed hth
Old 15-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Lee1972
Formerly COSSIE_LEE

what do you need to know for? a job?

take a look here: http://www.crb.gov.uk/index.asp

these are the people that do checks for jobs, had mine checked for my job and i had about 60 convictions that werent even mine!!
Old 15-03-2005, 09:10 PM
rs nuts
PassionFord Post Troll

good job they never checked mine was always in trouble many years ago when i was a teenager
my sister who is a copper still says there is record on me after 10 years
you know every time you are stopped when you are known too the police they keep a record of it on there datsbase
Old 15-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Ollie
PassionFord Regular

Think there is always a record but u dont have to disclose it after 10 years
Old 15-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Zetec Andy
10K+ Poster!!

i never tell anyone anyway even if they ask, i dont have one honest
Old 15-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they keep em on record EVEN IF you are found inocent or no further action as ive had a few of them in my time

and when ya 18 the kids stuf comes off as when i used to get tugged as i was done for possetion of a fire arm ( fooking ait gun ffs, i shot a police car 5 times with a air gun and got treated like bin laden ) and possesion of a bladed article ( yes i had a knife, just fooking bought it too, that aint a defence though as there arguement was what did ya want a 7 ins lock knife for )

when i got a tug and mentioned that i always got searched like fook till 1 day a copper who searched me then checked asked why i said that as theres no record and then i said i was 15 at the time was told thats why she couldnt find the infomation, she then told me not to mention it as anyone with them convictions will be searched ect as they got form ect ( sounds fair )

well since then i dont mention it and get reminded about my no further actions ive had ( ok 1 was quite a lucky one that i can understand why they could hold a grudge )

but in a nut shell the keep everything , dont forget they even log all phone calls, all radio checks too and keep them as well as all the pocket books

bet this is a conviction for either drunken dis or possetion of a canabis ya asking about too

if ya going for a job as a door man, ya wont get it as there are fooking strict, a mate of mine done all the course ect and is gonna have his license removed as he has a no further action that actually stops him from having a license for doors

they just dont give the reformed crims a chance anymore , may as well brand us on our for heads

btw i dont have ANY convictions , i was just picked on and even though i wasnt convicted they will keep the information on record
Old 15-03-2005, 10:56 PM
BigNige
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

if your cautioned before your 17th Birthday its GONE when you turn 18

All other cautions may be there for life etc but they are all taken care off by the SPENT CONVICTIONS program

Which basically says after a certain amount of time from the conviction you dont have to tell ANYONE about them this was part of the rehabilitaion of offenders act of 1974 i think

The old bill will ALWAYS have the record of it though

IF you need help with the time a conviction becomes "spent" see the link below

NIge

http://www.yourrights.org.uk/your-ri...e%5Freha.shtml
Old 15-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

now nige i worry why you know all thins infomation sooo fooking well, what else ya delivering in them pizza's
Old 15-03-2005, 11:06 PM
BigNige

Bal LOL i do know quite a bit dont i

NIge
Old 16-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

yeah it has its uses i bet

i recon your a crime lord as ya have too much money for a guy that delivers pizza on a cub90 , i just assumed ya was skimming the till , dodnt know ya was doing laundry aswell
Old 16-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BigNige
All other cautions may be there for life etc but they are all taken care off by the SPENT CONVICTIONS program

Which basically says after a certain amount of time from the conviction you dont have to tell ANYONE about them this was part of the rehabilitaion of offenders act of 1974 i think
I got done by the DHSS for fraud in 95, got a fine and conditional discharge and when that period was over a letter from my solicitor to say my sentance was spent.
2 years ago i had to send off a form to the CRB and it came back with my convictions on and these were then judged against me, can they do that?
Old 16-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Mint FRST
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

The misses old man has just retired from the Police. Even after the 5 years when I received my caution it is still on record and will be forever he tells me. The coont even saidafter all this time if I got busted again most coppers take it into account - especially if they are issue related!
Old 16-03-2005, 12:33 PM
BigNige

Big G

I the CRB wiill always have them on file However you dont have to Tell ANY EMPLOYER etc if they are spent and the CRB will not inform them if anyone asks

rememebr some crimes are NEVER spent ie Prison for more than two and a half years - never spent

NIge
Old 16-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

fooking hell, bet me mates all love that , hope its not in total

thats unfair imo as when ya 19 we all make mistakes and if ya say rob somink for a quick quid or so, come out afer the prison rehab then ya change ya live ya still gonna be a crime when ya 30 even though ya made a mistake
Old 16-03-2005, 12:41 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

if you get done when you were a juvinile it stays o the record, even htough it's supposed to come off when you are 18 (mine is stil on there and that was nearly 17 years ago, bastards)

if you have done your time it's classified as spent (after 5 years) or if you've done time you don't have to disclose it after 10 (cousin spent a fair time inside a year or 20 back)

but they always have a record of it, cheaky coppers will ask you "what have you been done for before" even though you don't have to tell them, they know it all

but once it's done with you don't have to disclose it, it may come up on the crb check but if it's so long ago it shouldn't have any bearing on the job you are doing now

hth
Old 16-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BigNige
Big G

I the CRB wiill always have them on file However you dont have to Tell ANY EMPLOYER etc if they are spent and the CRB will not inform them if anyone asks

rememebr some crimes are NEVER spent ie Prison for more than two and a half years - never spent

NIge
My CRB form was sent to the employers offices and it was them who told me of my mispent youth and spent crime. It was the full check i had to have done if thats any consolation to me
Old 16-03-2005, 12:50 PM
BigNige

The only thing G is depends what the job was for

There are some jobs taht all will be disclosed , Such as working with kids and vunerable peeps

Bigbal to spend 2.5years inside is a sentence of 5-6 years thats a SERIOUS amount of time/crime

Nieg
Old 16-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

mate its deffo not on the file when they tug ya, i wasnt always a computer geek, used to ocasionally do a few silly things when i was 14 onwards and trust me they dont have it on a check

1 question though, what happens if someone gets nicked as uses MY details and get bail then goes court or gets a caution, how can i find out about that,

i ask as when i get tugged there always looking for a fooking tattoo on my neck and they never fucking tell me why even when i ask
Old 16-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

nige they spend more than half i thought now, i got a mate whos on vacation for 6 years but will be out in 4

got 3 other mates all doing life , but they all done real bad things

infact think i currantly have over 10 mates inside, 1 of em goes in every fooking year almost for driving on a ban , its the 3rd time so far

ya know where im commin from though, sell pills for example can get ya 5 years if ya have enough on ya or ya get done a few times, not exactly AL Capone are ya

and my mate who i feel for the most got done for armed robbery for using a fooking replica gun to hold up a shop ( fooking gimp , we sent him in for beers too ) now tbh he would have got a grand if he was lucky, not worth it and a long time for a small crime imo ( ok peeps are prob gonna disagree now but if ya understood the guy ya would find the guy aint actually a danger, just a idiot
Old 16-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Ginge,
No ifs, buts or maybes, you're just a wrong 'un .
Old 16-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

No ifs, buts or maybes, you're just a wrong 'un
no im a inocent guy who works for halfords

i cant choose who i meet can i
Old 17-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Lee1972
Formerly COSSIE_LEE

Originally Posted by b19bal
1 question though, what happens if someone gets nicked as uses MY details and get bail then goes court or gets a caution, how can i find out about that,

i ask as when i get tugged there always looking for a fooking tattoo on my neck and they never fucking tell me why even when i ask
somethin similar happened to me, had about 60 convictions that were nothin to do with me. I had to contest it - sign a form allowing the police to take my prints.

Took about 6 months for the police to call me to my local nick
they take your prints the old way with ink so they can be destroyed afterwards! (yeah right!! )
Old 17-03-2005, 05:33 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

but they've got your prints
and if you've been done in the last 5 years or so, even if you don't get chanrged and are completely innocent, they take dna samples too, so if you are every a naughty lad you get picked up by someone who walked past your house 3 months previously and then decided to rob the queen
Old 17-03-2005, 05:39 PM
SimonT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I was very very lucky to get 2 cautions in my early days.

I wont say what for but I couldve gone inside for it!

I was told by the sergent that it would be 3 years....

then I got done again a little while later and got told 5 years
Old 17-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

well me and me mates some how managed to by sheer luck and the dumb fuck copper get away with avoiding a 12 stretch , we would have got our arsed ripped as all we said was "no comment" , we was told by our soliciter that we stood a chance to get away with it so dont say anything otherwise if 1 of ya says anything ya all gonna get done for self incrimination, the fookers bailed us 3 fooking times before dropping the charges too , was a technicality why they couldnt do us and was waiting for us to let the other one down , that was a fookign rough time, makes ya know who ya mates are and also keep ya distance from the fookers too , last time i get a lift home from the pub off anyone