General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Another failed gated sump causing engine meltdown

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 10:51 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rab
A ducks quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why......

That's a myth, mythbusters proved it.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zetec-Sam

Mythbusters to the rescue again! What an invaluable public service they provide!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:31 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rab

Mythbusters to the rescue again! What an invaluable public service they provide!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Just to put an end to all the speculation... I've heard a ducks echo quack.

Benni
Old 04-08-2012, 11:40 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Originally Posted by Rab

I know, what would we do without that ginger bloke and the guy with the epic moustache?! Maybe they could find the cause of the det-damaged pistons too
Old 04-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Rab

I know, what would we do without that ginger bloke and the guy with the epic moustache?! Maybe they could find the cause of the det-damaged pistons too
You bet! Probably using that explosion proof plastic box of theirs!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:55 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

aint it weird that u can see the stars and moon etc at night but not during the day and that sky seems blue but yet it is clear as you can see the sun as clear as light
Old 05-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by mechanic28
aint it weird that u can see the stars and moon etc at night but not during the day and that sky seems blue but yet it is clear as you can see the sun as clear as light
did you know When Adelie penguins hop off the ice and into the ocean, they accelerate from 0 to 16 mph in less than one second. That’s important to avoid leopard seals that swim at an average speed of 4 mph.

and has any cunt sorted out the egg and the chicken thing yet ?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:10 AM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Jay,

and has any cunt sorted out the egg and the chicken thing yet ?

Yep , danny sorted it out last week but you obviously missed it!!.
Apparently it was something about 14.5 degree advance and the angle of the self lubricating mingewig being the only real explanation of how the egg came about momentarily before the chicken exploded all over the baffled fucknuckle.
Obviously tony disagreed and stu refused to comment but the early learning centre,s "my first computer" confirmed danny's results to be correct although there was a small amount of pitting on the top of the egg , the cause of which is unknown.
HTH
Old 05-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Quality thread , lol

Why Danny is still pissing about with cars is beyond me

3 different comapny names and all of them a bad name yet he comes on here and questions those who have the same name and the same good name from day one

Old 05-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Turbosimpsons
Advanced PassionFord User

cows can walk upstairs but not down.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by brad
Apparently it was something about 14.5 degree advance and the angle of the self lubricating mingewig being the only real explanation of how the egg came about momentarily before the chicken exploded all over the baffled fucknuckle.
Obviously tony disagreed and stu refused to comment but the early learning centre,s "my first computer" confirmed danny's results to be correct although there was a small amount of pitting on the top of the egg , the cause of which is unknown.
HTH
Quality
Old 05-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

so to stop the chicken exploding did they back the timing back to 8-9 degree ? or maybe running the chicken on a hacked t38 chip was just to much

Last edited by Jay,; 05-08-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:59 AM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by brad
HTH
Originally Posted by Jay,
so to stop the chicken exploding did they back the timing back to 8-9 degree ? or maybe running the chicken on a hacked t38 chip was just to much

fpmsl
Old 05-08-2012, 10:16 AM
BigChuck

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

good old passionford, why does every technical thread get fucked up, this was getting good why start the bullshit with the Olympics and random facts?
Old 05-08-2012, 10:21 AM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by BigChuck
good old passionford, why does every technical thread get fucked up, this was getting good why start the bullshit with the Olympics and random facts?

because this thread has gone so far off the original topic anyway fella
Old 05-08-2012, 10:24 AM
BigChuck

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mechanic28
because this thread has gone so far off the original topic anyway fella
true it had moved from sumps, but it was still talking about engines and what causes failures, and car related.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:33 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Does anyone know why a fart always seems to smell worse in the bathroom?
Old 05-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Rab

Originally Posted by North Yorkshire RS Spares
Quality thread , lol

3 different comapny names and all of them a bad name yet he comes on here and questions those who have the same name and the same good name from day one

Since 2003 there has been a lot of tuners popping up on PF. They all start as the next big thing, getting better results for less money with newer technology. Then we get a thread, where one customer is unhappy. This is usually dismissed as one disgruntled looney, who is just difficult to please after spending 10k plus on an engine or whatever. Then there are a few more threads, and before you know it, sockets are getting left inside the rocker cover, and wastegate pipes are being made from B+Q Copper tubing.... There's huge scandals because the new companies have not been mapping because they didn't really know how in the first place, and people have been paying top dollar for shite.

All the while, the 'old guard' are still here, plugging away, not being the next big thing and not grabbing the headlines, but just doing the job the way they've always done it...... right.

The new companies then go bust, fold up, close down.... There are usually recriminations, money is owed and lost. Names are called. Threats are made. Bans are handed out.

The old companies start getting a bit more business, sorting out the mess that a dead YB makes. All the cars are working again...... Everyone is happy!

Then you notice a post. "Just had a new engine build by a new company!! It's the next big thing this type of engine build/turbo/management"

And off we go again.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

educate yourselves here http://www.enginelogics.com/detonation.html
why certain tuners are obsessed with higher comp and or more advance is beyond me
Read It all guys
now being a bit of a yb expert myself detonation is more often caused by igniting the charge too early in the engine cycle
max power for min advance

Last edited by Turbosystems; 05-08-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:13 AM
flannigan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Well first we had ABC motorsport and that was a complete fuckup and left a trail of debt and destruction in its wake so then we move on and enhanced penis is opened same old same old it's only a matter of time before that goes pop and we will move on to version 3 we could all maybe have a sweepstake on what the name will be lol
Old 05-08-2012, 12:25 PM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

did you know that one cow could produce upto 500ltrs of methane in one day
Old 05-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by BigChuck
true it had moved from sumps, but it was still talking about engines and what causes failures, and car related.
chuck please look further than the silly facts to actually why they were posted!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:32 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by North Yorkshire RS Spares
Quality thread , lol

I mess with cars still because i enjoy them its my hobby and i love them..

I also have a bloody quick car that although is in bits at the mo will come back bigger and better and il challenge anyone in this thread to see if theyre tuner built car can beat mine around any track they choose??

Paul you dont even bring your shiny stuff out!! theyre just ornaments ..lol

I have only personally owned one tuning company and that was abc motorsport

Luke owned enhanced performance and i tried my best to help and was like a spoke man when it came to this site!!

Luke is a good mapper full stop and i can tell you there was literally loads of cars he has mapped that are still fine now so he cant of done much wrong with them..

Yes he fucked up here and there at the end and let some people down but he went through a really difficult personal time that ended in divorce etc..

Its just a shame that it ruined what i helped him build in the process..

So i owned abc and helped luke with ep...wheres the other company??
Originally Posted by flannigan
Well first we had ABC motorsport and that was a complete fuckup and left a trail of debt and destruction in its wake so then we move on and enhanced penis is opened same old same old it's only a matter of time before that goes pop and we will move on to version 3 we could all maybe have a sweepstake on what the name will be lol

Abc when i owned it did very well thank you and when i sold up due to my personal problem in 08 i sold it on for Ł75k so cant see how any one could say it was a failed business leaving a trail of debt???

I owed no body and like said sold on!! i had bad personal difficultys so got out of everything for just over a year but left luke out of work,he then started ep but struggled so i started to help out and all started to go very well untill his own difficulties ...

Its a shame that all the happy people we have both helped dont tend to get on here often or see these threads and say a good word..

Infact its always the same old faces that have negatives to say and alot of that is because they either havnt met me or they are licking one of the mods or traders ass holes out!!

So you all know very little about my business senses infact iv had 5 businesses and have always done well out of every one of them and then sold on and moved on again myself..

Abc fucked up because the guy that bought it from me was a builder all his life and thought he could take on car and engine building,he dissapointed a lot of people and proceeded to lose all his money inside of 2 years..this is what gave abc the worst reputation not me...

cheers danny

Last edited by 750hp escos; 05-08-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:03 PM
flannigan

Challenge accepted name a day, a track an ill be there in my shonky old 3dr
Old 05-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Rebuilding 2012

Well here it is, a full run down of what went wrong with me and ep . Yes it's me Luke and this post is not inviting a slagging match but thanking those of you who new what happened to me and stood buy me and apologising to those of you who did not get me at my best and lost out !

As your all probably aware I finally gave up last year aug sept time after having cars my life for 15 years ! This was not an easy. Choice but my heart was not in it and my life had gone totally fucked up !

I'm not asking for any sympathy but I just want you to understand how and why things got out of control and so bad .
Those of you who have known me for years will remember the lady ( and I use that term loosely ) I met in 2004 and very stupidly fell in love with ! Well alot of the mistakes I made from abc Motorsport to present was because I spent the last 7 years odd of my life trying to hang on to this shit relationship. Eaven tho every one kept telling me she was a skank taking me for everything she could and yes Danny you were right! I still kept on. She would empty me of money and forever pick me up and drop me as and when she found a new bloke! But yes I went back every time ! I did have my kids and yes I would not change them for the world !

Any way she ran off with a bloke in November 2010 which totally fucked me up and many of you no work started to suffer but still for my kids and familie I tried to get her back and did just before xmas that year . This was my final stupid mistake ! She did not want me back she was a clever cunt with a plan and that plan was to get everything she could out of me Ie cars cash jewellery tvs house all done up then finally dump me over a text on aug the 6 th 2011 leaving me Basicly homeless with a bag of clothes , no car no bussines nothing . Best Bit of all is the bloke she ran off with was the same one from the previous year and had recently. Even convicted of child abuse ( beating a child) . As you all no since the privious year and all the shit I had started to drink heavy . This tipped me over the edge !! I was gagging for the end of every day just to kneck Bottle after bottle of wine . I took the bitch to court as I did not want this new man near my children , as she moved him in the day I left . NICE not . I got what is called a prohibitive steps order on her which ment her new feller could not go anywhere near my kids but as the good mother she is she would rather see her new man so I ended up with the kids 4 days and 3 nights a week every week from last sept till now . Needles to say staying in hotels and friends well those I had left was not easy but I did it ....

It all got a little to much for me in December last year and on the 19 th dec 2011 I found myself sat buy railway tracks with three bottles of wine and two bottles of night nurse totally at the end of everything . I could not tell you what was on my mind that day but I no I was a broken hurt man which I had not eaven admited to myself let alone friends . I took all the. Substances with me and passed out before I eaven made it to the track . I was found and sectioned in hospital to dry me out and to have councillng which to be honest I needed ! I left hospital in jan this year and have been getting on just me and the kids quietly . I have accepted how badly I fucked up and realised I lost everything in life for a woman that was not worth anything !

Towards the end of ep I had a busness partner that nicked money out the company , I moved from. Bolney to Horsham with afr which was a massive mistake I could not afford to run .......
Danny tried and tried to keep me going he eaven lent me dosh to try and get me on my feet again. But it all had to end ... I had to hit the bottom !

I had alot of happy customers and some pissed off ones towards the end . Ill apologise and thank you all ,

So slim and dan thank you for being there and trying to keep me going and still being cool now and alowing me to sort you out .

Thanks to dan warren for listening and keeping cool and alowing me to sort out .

Thanks to Danny p for being there through the whole 7 years

Apologies to peter jan but I still don't no where you sent it !! Don't slag me off pm me now my head is straight a d let's get to the bottom !

Apologies to Antony white for not concerntrating on your car coz my head was not in it. It also thank you for. Being there to talk to !

Apologies to danster for my mess up but I did sort you out well !!!

And a reminder to all those of you like moonstone Steve who found it easy to have a dig when you don't no the full story ! You car was mint and from all my fuck ups there were still alot of good well mapped cars I did and was always willing to help !

The s1 John sarger sorry but no sorry there I gave the whole story at the time and I still stand right in this !

Hope this gives some understanding ! Sorry to all i owe that to and please do not turn this thread in to a bitch match . Luke
Old 05-08-2012, 06:10 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

I name a track day Dave, in honour of top gear repeats

And I'd like to have it on august the 12th

And if you don't like it then tough shit because I'm going to bring my collection of matchbox cars and. I one can play on my track
Old 05-08-2012, 06:30 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Challenge accepted name a day, a track an ill be there in my shonky old 3dr

Sweet!! i cant wait till my car is done as im going to kick your ass!!!lol..

Tbf though it isnt really a fair race!!

cheers danny
Old 05-08-2012, 06:36 PM
flannigan

Originally Posted by 750hp escos
Sweet!! i cant wait till my car is done as im going to kick your ass!!!lol..

Tbf though it isnt really a fair race!!

cheers danny
Pmsl yes I know but you asked so I replied would you prefer to race moonstone Steve then ?
Old 05-08-2012, 06:39 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Pmsl yes I know but you asked so I replied would you prefer to race moonstone Steve then ?

God you love to take me bad dont you??

Listen i have a 3 door that im putting together at mo with one of my built and luke mapped 500+ish hp engines done very soon so il have it with you in that as obviously my escos will murder you??

cheers danny
Old 05-08-2012, 06:43 PM
flannigan

Make it a race bring the escort ! stuart day thought the same thing mate lol
Old 05-08-2012, 06:48 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Make it a race bring the escort ! stuart day thought the same thing mate lol

ok mate the challenge is on!!lol

All anyone will say afterwards is its no surprise dans escort has won!!

What track would you like??

You never know after wards we might even have a laugh shake hands and get on well??

Tony ryan has told me you an alright fella

cheers danny
Old 05-08-2012, 06:48 PM
tiny2white

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

First of all you need to remember that faulty work can endanger people's lives; leaving bare wires under dashboards etc - well I don't need to tell you what that could lead to. You seemed genuine at the time but you have taken me and probably quite a few others for mugs - this I'm not. This impression of you was reinforced by your so-called friends who you now claim knew the situation you were in and still allowed you to work on people's cars, taking their money when your 'head' and 'heart' were not in it. I don't need to go into this further as everyone now knows your reputation and can imagine the service I would have received.

Maybe apart from apologies you should think of a way to repay me and the others that ended up with a half hearted 'bodge jobs' after paying for what we thought was going to be a profesional job!

At the end of the day actions speak louder than words, it would be nice to recoup some of the money that I gave you in good faith, after having to take the car to someone else to be made safe, both install and map!

Anthony White
Old 05-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Moonstone Steve.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh dear handbags at dawn pmsl

Steve
Old 05-08-2012, 06:58 PM
flannigan

Originally Posted by 750hp escos
ok mate the challenge is on!!lol

All anyone will say afterwards is its no surprise dans escort has won!!

What track would you like??

You never know after wards we might even have a laugh shake hands and get on well??

Tony ryan has told me you an alright fella

cheers danny
Brands if you want mate and I think you will be shocked
Old 05-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Moonstone Steve.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tiny2white
First of all you need to remember that faulty work can endanger people's lives; leaving bare wires under dashboards etc - well I don't need to tell you what that could lead to. You seemed genuine at the time but you have taken me and probably quite a few others for mugs - this I'm not. This impression of you was reinforced by your so-called friends who you now claim knew the situation you were in and still allowed you to work on people's cars, taking their money when your 'head' and 'heart' were not in it. I don't need to go into this further as everyone now knows your reputation and can imagine the service I would have received.

Maybe apart from apologies you should think of a way to repay me and the others that ended up with a half hearted 'bodge jobs' after paying for what we thought was going to be a profesional job!

At the end of the day actions speak louder than words, it would be nice to recoup some of the money that I gave you in good faith, after having to take the car to someone else to be made safe, both install and map!

Anthony White
That saves me typing out my feelings mate, thanks, and as for my car leaving Luke mint it was far from it, the air injectors were having a fit all the way home and then had to take it back with them doing the same, plus the mapping issues, but hey what do I know I'm just a trusting mug that got sucked in as well as the many others.....and I dare say there are many others.

Anyway on a positive note I'm so looking forward to having my Desert Moonstone Tornado back on the road

Steve
Old 05-08-2012, 07:04 PM
tiny2white

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ AIR INJECTORS ^^^
42PSI ring any bells?
Old 05-08-2012, 07:09 PM
750hp escos
BANNED
BANNED

Brands if you want mate and I think you will be shocked

First off,iv just spoke to luke and he is going to answer to anthony very shortly,as for you steve youve had nearly 2 years to say what you want but have waited untill now to jump on the band wagon but hey as you said i wasnt there so il let luke answer that...

Yeah i love brands mate,not the best for over 700 hp but still good fun..

When i had 570 hp and a bent rear beam i was going round in 52s with traffic out there so im hoping for high 50S maybe 49s when its done..

Tbh i hope its a good race as i love a tear up!!

cheers danny
Old 05-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Rebuilding 2012

Default .

Originally Posted by tiny2white

Anthony White

Ant would not expext any other than the fair reply you wrote ...i admit i made mistakes and would love to clear the air with you and over time i probably will !!! But to say i ended up in aug last year with nothing i truly did ! i have been on benifets till just recently and have never been so low ... i have just been quiet and looked after my kids as a man im not to ashamed to admit my mental state was fucked ...i only posted on here as dan contacted me re the moonstone steve thing and i thought ok ill give an explination..please pm me your number and i will contact you ..

Moonstone steve I have nothing to say but get off the band waggon proof is better than speculation ! at the mo you only have the last ! do the test as your car was mint and for 200 pounds !!! think your forgetting about your air leak !!! ...
Old 05-08-2012, 07:14 PM
flannigan

Well we will see who comes out on top but I'm ready when you are you're in for a shock !

Last edited by flannigan; 05-08-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Another failed gated sump causing engine meltdown