General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

well i bought it, 900 hp . vid added page 17 :) breaking for parts ! 29/07/2012

Search this Thread

Old 17-06-2012 | 12:36 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Top work from TDI as per usual.
Old 17-06-2012 | 12:45 PM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by scoooby slayer
cheers im cracking on and trying to get it sorted.

all the rims are off now, all brakes removed, i had a very slight vibration under braking only under heavy braking from 100mph+.
when i brought the car it was braking on the inside pistons only ! outside of caliper hadnt been bled up.
so i bled it up an used it, unbeknown to me the outer pads had actually never been used so once bled up outer pads needed bedding in.
ive just used it hard pretty much straight of and the outer pad has overheated causing what is seen on the disc, its a bit of melted brake pad fused to the disc !
ive checked disc runout and theres not even 1 thou of variation except where the brake pad mark is, ive cleaned the other side with sandpaper and its good as new.
its no problem and has cleaned up fine but just yet another issue that has come from incorrect installation of parts, £5000 worth of brakes and not bled up properly, and ns front caliper only had 1 bolt holding it on, the other bolt was in but to long and bottomed out 5mm above the hub face ! if i wasnt a mechanic this car would of been long dead
My Evo had this issue when I 1st bought it, which led to loud squealing, got embarassing and annoying went thru a long bedding in process, the setup I went for was well worth it.
Old 17-06-2012 | 01:17 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by zetec-Sam
Top work from TDI as per usual.
jap imports/jdm garage fitted the brakes so tdi cant be blamed for that.
Old 17-06-2012 | 01:19 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Robs Frst
My Evo had this issue when I 1st bought it, which led to loud squealing, got embarassing and annoying went thru a long bedding in process, the setup I went for was well worth it.
the brakes will be fine, i may need new pads but theres so little wear on them im gonna try them first, imagaine though if id got hard on the brakes at 180 mph and only braking on the inside of the caliper !

could of been very ££££ and possibly caused me a massive issue trying to stop !
Old 17-06-2012 | 01:25 PM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the brakes will be fine, i may need new pads but theres so little wear on them im gonna try them first, imagaine though if id got hard on the brakes at 180 mph and only braking on the inside of the caliper !

could of been very ££££ and possibly caused me a massive issue trying to stop !

Main thing you have spotted it and will be able to stop safely
Weird thing once I sorted this issue brakes where perfect, my rear pads are already worn
Old 17-06-2012 | 03:50 PM
turnover
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

800 whp r35 gtr is next on my list, not yet though

i dont really know what to respond to that, why on earth would i need something faster ? if ur refering to only getting 134 mph in a 1/4 mile its hardly surprising considering i had very little traction through the first 3 gears, i need something with more grip not more power is the next step forward, and a proper road car and i mean proper comfy, air con etc but 800 whp built to do it like the supra in an r35 is gonna be mega £££££ !
i was pulling your leg,but you took the bait lol
Old 17-06-2012 | 04:13 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by turnover
i was pulling your leg,but you took the bait lol
lol
i was stressing anyways big time poxy car was doing my head in, ive found some more love now though

you got a new toy yet ?
Old 18-06-2012 | 04:13 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

diff is now perfect with oil change, clutch is now perfect after flywheel had a light skim, and brakes are 60% better than they were, still a little judder through the steering wheel but not enough to warrant skimming discs and new pads, im gonna see what there like after a few miles now, braking performance is better than ever.
ive found my oil leak aswell, its a tiny leak like 1 drip every 5 minutes coming from the flange where the oil return pipe goes, il get that sorted next time its on the ramp, i just wana drive it now for a bit, well happy i was out nailing it earlier and lovin it
Old 18-06-2012 | 09:24 PM
turnover

lol
i was stressing anyways big time poxy car was doing my head in, ive found some more love now though

you got a new toy yet ?
well a couple of cars in the making but wont be ready till next year,im not rushing or stressing ,so when it happens it happens lost a bit of interest if you get me
Old 29-06-2012 | 05:19 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

well brakes and clutch now are perfect after skimming, rebuild etc.
but fueling is now at 10.6 wot and i had to back the fuel pressure off.
the map has neber been perfect since ive had it, for instance it drops in the 10s afr when it comes on boost so less fuel in the will hopefully even out my big punch a little bit i hope.
even after me backing the fuel pressure off to get back to 11.4 at wot im still running a base pressure of 3.85 bar !
so im gonna drop rail pressure to 3 bar now and full remap at mgt on there dynapack.
Old 29-06-2012 | 05:42 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

im still running a base pressure of 3.85 bar !
You seem to write that as if it is a problem ? Certainly nothing wrong with running such fuel pressures, and many injectors will spray better at slightly higher pressures.
Old 29-06-2012 | 06:38 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
You seem to write that as if it is a problem ? Certainly nothing wrong with running such fuel pressures, and many injectors will spray better at slightly higher pressures.

i run 3.8 bar base fuel rail pressure, then 2.1 bar of boost so upto 5.9 bar rail pressure, i run twin walbro 255s in tank and there not happy pressure is tailing off to 5.7 bar running 14v at pumps as they just cant cope, so by droping base pressure to 3 bar and maxing at 5.1 bar pumps will be well in there comfort zone and able to flow an extra 90 lph between them.
Old 29-06-2012 | 07:35 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i run 3.8 bar base fuel rail pressure, then 2.1 bar of boost so upto 5.9 bar rail pressure, i run twin walbro 255s in tank and there not happy pressure is tailing off to 5.7 bar running 14v at pumps as they just cant cope, so by droping base pressure to 3 bar and maxing at 5.1 bar pumps will be well in there comfort zone and able to flow an extra 90 lph between them.
Twin walbro's will not flow anywhere near the fuel you need for your power.

Mark
Old 29-06-2012 | 08:01 PM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Would a Aeromotive 340l be suitable for your power?
Old 29-06-2012 | 08:04 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Mark Shead
Twin walbro's will not flow anywhere near the fuel you need for your power.

Mark
they have been in since i bought it mark, made 788 hub at 2.1 bar on twin 255 hp walbros, but when i checked fuel pressure it has been mapped with pressure slightly dropping off to 5.7 to 5.8 bar when it should of been holding 6.1 bar ! my felocify is if the pumps are being asked to run 6.1 bar but tailing off to 5.7 bar then they will be perfectly happy to run 5 bar and sustain the pressure, i will also gain 45 lph of flow for each pump due to the reduced pressure.
they are the high pressure ones running 14v, i just dont understand them running 4 bar base pressure, the injector duty is only in the high 70s on the 6 1000ccs, id rather be in the high 80% duty and run 3 bar base pressure, now if i had twin 044s in there 6 bar wouldnt be an issue but id then have issues of far to much fuel returning at cruise.
Old 29-06-2012 | 08:06 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Would a Aeromotive 340l be suitable for your power?
i dont think so the walbros are rated to 255 lph each, they will flow 200 lph at 5 bar.

im surprised noone else has commented on the pressures here, the pumps seem fine theyve just been set up and mapped right to the edge of there efficiency range which is ludicrous imo.
Old 29-06-2012 | 08:32 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

ive just found some test results

http://realstreetperformance.com/sto...on-test-5.html

it will be even better than i anticipated.

my 255 pump at 90 psi can only flow 180 lph ! hence dropping of pressure
whereas at 75 psi it will flow 270 lph ! so with both pumps combined i am going to gain 180 lph of fuel flow at the new pressure now that is a massive load off the pump.

and a bigger safety margin.
Old 29-06-2012 | 08:35 PM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Even better graph for you mate I did have a Walbro 255 but went Aeromotive.

Last edited by Robs Frst; 29-06-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 29-06-2012 | 08:41 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Even better graph for you mate I did have a Walbro 255 but went Aeromotive.

the good thing about the walbro is the flow doesnt increase to a ridiculous ammount when im cruising, as i have 2 of them running 14v flat out 24/7 lol

if i change pump i will need some voltage control for cruise and shutting 1 pump down.

if/when the pumps need replaceing i will no doubt upgrade but if they are manageing to hold my afr (al beit only just) at 5.7 bar then they should piss it at 5 bar.
Old 29-06-2012 | 08:42 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i dont think so the walbros are rated to 255 lph each, they will flow 200 lph at 5 bar.

im surprised noone else has commented on the pressures here, the pumps seem fine theyve just been set up and mapped right to the edge of there efficiency range which is ludicrous imo.

2 Walbro's stuggle at 600hp on Evo's, Change them to Aeromotive 340 or DW300 and make sure they get the full 14v.

Mark
Old 29-06-2012 | 08:45 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the good thing about the walbro is the flow doesnt increase to a ridiculous ammount when im cruising, as i have 2 of them running 14v flat out 24/7 lol

if i change pump i will need some voltage control for cruise and shutting 1 pump down.

if/when the pumps need replaceing i will no doubt upgrade but if they are manageing to hold my afr (al beit only just) at 5.7 bar then they should piss it at 5 bar.

The drop in fuel pressure can affect the ign you run also, I have seen it on a Evo 440hp on a walbro then changing to a 044 we removed 8% fuel and was able to add 4.5dg ign by doing nothing else than add a 044.

Mark
Old 29-06-2012 | 08:48 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

2 Walbro's stuggle at 600hp on Evo's, Change them to Aeromotive 340 or DW300 and make sure they get the full 14v.

Mark

are you not talking about the high pressure ones mark ? my pumps have always been the same, stock gearing and have run 30 - 130 mph in 8.7 seconds in a barge so im definately making alot more than 600 hp and there over pressured.

or i havnt got walbros at all, i havnt taken them out, i bought the car advertised as twin in tank 044s, then tdi informed me it had twin walbro 255 high pressures fitted.
Old 29-06-2012 | 08:50 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

are you not talking about the high pressure ones mark ? my pumps have always been the same, stock gearing and have run 30 - 130 mph in 8.7 seconds in a barge so im definately making alot more than 600 hp and there over pressured.

or i havnt got walbros at all, i havnt taken them out, i bought the car advertised as twin in tank 044s, then tdi informed me it had twin walbro 255 high pressures fitted.
Trust me throw away your walbro's.

Mark
Old 29-06-2012 | 08:51 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

The drop in fuel pressure can affect the ign you run also, I have seen it on a Evo 440hp on a walbro then changing to a 044 we removed 8% fuel and was able to add 4.5dg ign by doing nothing else than add a 044.

Mark
the point is though mark the pressure wont drop at 5 bar, well thats my theory anyways

i see what your saying though, i shall have my gauge in and be in the car while its mapped watching the pressure.
Old 29-06-2012 | 08:54 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the point is though mark the pressure wont drop at 5 bar, well thats my theory anyways

i see what your saying though, i shall have my gauge in and be in the car while its mapped watching the pressure.
Watch the return line flow thats interesting.

Mark
Old 29-06-2012 | 09:02 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Watch the return line flow thats interesting.

Mark
it is a proper install from what i can see, 2 big seperate lines running to twin filters, twin entry rail end to end and just off centre return down the original line it appears.

i just want it safe and useable for now, the big changes will come when it needs a refresh, i have the monster head here ready, will get monster cams and uprated fuel system for either more boost on the t51r or a gtx42
Old 29-06-2012 | 09:12 PM
rs_traynor
stage4 2wd cosworth

proper tool mate and sounds shithot
Old 29-06-2012 | 10:54 PM
turnover

i think you need to check for definate what pumps you have,and if the flow rate is maxing out maybe time to change as always nice to have more than enough pressure that is regulated anyway to what you want,with the power your saying it is you dont want it going lean at full boost on the road as once it has it will be too late,unless you have one of your outputs on the ecu wired to afr so you can cut power to injectors or wired to boost solinoid to run spring pressure if it goes lean to save your engine
just get it checked as will be cheaper than an engine build in the long term
Old 29-06-2012 | 11:55 PM
xr2wishy
Bodger of Blackburn

all this talk of fuel pumps, go aeromotive or get a couple of bosch 413 pumps, they will do enough for what you need, at the end of the day 413 pumps are used by wrc teams for good reasons, fit two in line and the pressure will not tail off, rated to 8BAR and a peak of 10BAR.
a bit difficult to get hold of, but they are out there
basically the hand picked 044 pumps that have been hand finished with uprated bits by bosch to guarantee 8BAR pressure and 200ltr/hr flow each.
Old 30-06-2012 | 06:53 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

i think you need to check for definate what pumps you have,and if the flow rate is maxing out maybe time to change as always nice to have more than enough pressure that is regulated anyway to what you want,with the power your saying it is you dont want it going lean at full boost on the road as once it has it will be too late,unless you have one of your outputs on the ecu wired to afr so you can cut power to injectors or wired to boost solinoid to run spring pressure if it goes lean to save your engine
just get it checked as will be cheaper than an engine build in the long term
Originally Posted by xr2wishy
all this talk of fuel pumps, go aeromotive or get a couple of bosch 413 pumps, they will do enough for what you need, at the end of the day 413 pumps are used by wrc teams for good reasons, fit two in line and the pressure will not tail off, rated to 8BAR and a peak of 10BAR.
a bit difficult to get hold of, but they are out there
basically the hand picked 044 pumps that have been hand finished with uprated bits by bosch to guarantee 8BAR pressure and 200ltr/hr flow each.
i shall be vigilant with it.

its not actually leaning off, so its been mapped like it which is beyond belief tbh. just dropping 0.1 bar of pressure has a visible effect on afrs so it has 100% been mapped like it, i hav no ecu control but i watch that gauge like a hawk

as for the 413 pumps and 200 lph each, once i get my pressure down to 5 bar my pumps will each be flowing over 200 lph anyways.

the pumps have only done 4 - 5k miles max so i dont want to bin them just for the sake of it.
Old 30-06-2012 | 07:49 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

well when it last ran on tdis dyno fueling was 10.9 afr at 2.1 bar boost it made 757 hub power.

im not sure where mgt will map it but if he does the same as the skyline at 11.4 im hopeful it will make a little more power, and have it come on boost at 12 afr instead of 10 afr as it is now

i may get a run done first before anything is altered and mapping commences so i can see if i do gain anything.
Old 30-06-2012 | 09:39 PM
turnover

i bet its good on fuel with 10 afr lol
Old 01-07-2012 | 08:49 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

You are chasing 900bhp not 650bhp which is what your times suggest you have. Ignore advice from Mark Shead at your peril its what he does for a living not as a hobby.
Old 01-07-2012 | 09:25 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by MadRod
You are chasing 900bhp not 650bhp which is what your times suggest you have. Ignore advice from Mark Shead at your peril its what he does for a living not as a hobby.
lol rod how on earth do my times suggest i have 650 hp that is an absolutely stupid statement to make, its made almost 800 at the hubs and ive done 30 - 130 in 8.7 seconds, im also 0nly 0.3 seconds slower than your advertised 0 - 130 mph on your website which is from when you had what over 700hp and in a lighter car. after looking it would appear you had 760 hp.

just because mark has seen 2 walbros struggle to do 600 hp on THAT PARTICULAR CAR doesnt mean they all will, theres are plenty of cases to show otherwise, my car being one of them, if theres 2 running into one line on a far from optimum set up then yes there could be issues, but mine doesnt proper full voltage to both pumps big twin feed lines into twin entry rail.

anyone who was at pod when i took the supra would of seen that all my runs were utter shit, yet i still managed 134 mph even though i had no decent traction til 4th gear !

im not chasing 900 hp at all, and yes i havnt agread with mark and changeing my pumps as i dont see the need, im running a t51r spl at 2.1 bar and my fueling doesnt lean off even though there trying to sustain 5.8 bar, ive always had alot of respect for you and your car but just lately some of your posts on here have been abit

Last edited by scoooby slayer; 01-07-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-07-2012 | 09:26 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

i bet its good on fuel with 10 afr lol
it is good on fuel i can cruise over 20 mpg, if youd read the post i hit 10 afr for a split second when it makes full boost then it runs 10.9 - 11 afr.
Old 01-07-2012 | 11:42 AM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lol rod how on earth do my times suggest i have 650 hp that is an absolutely stupid statement to make, its made almost 800 at the hubs and ive done 30 - 130 in 8.7 seconds, im also 0nly 0.3 seconds slower than your advertised 0 - 130 mph on your website which is from when you had what over 700hp and in a lighter car.

just because mark has seen 2 walbros struggle to do 600 hp on THAT PARTICULAR CAR doesnt mean they all will, theres are plenty of cases to show otherwise, my car being one of them, if theres 2 running into one line on a far from optimum set up then yes there could be issues, but mine doesnt proper full voltage to both pumps big twin feed lines into twin entry rail.

anyone who was at pod when i took the supra would of seen that all my runs were utter shit, yet i still managed 134 mph even though i had no decent traction til 4th gear !

im not chasing 900 hp at all, and yes i havnt agread with mark and changeing my pumps as i dont see the need, im running a t51r spl at 2.1 bar and my fueling doesnt lean off even though there trying to sustain 5.8 bar, ive always had alot of respect for you and your car but just lately some of your posts on here suggests your not the person i thought you were.

There quite a few cars, that have stuggled to do 600bhp on Evo's not just 1 car, from a range of different Tuner's.
Old 01-07-2012 | 12:08 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

There quite a few cars, that have stuggled to do 600bhp on Evo's not just 1 car, from a range of different Tuner's.
im not for one minute suggesting it isnt true, i know it would be if mark said it happened then it happened, but rod trying to suggest ive only made 650 hp is ridiculous especially saying the figures suggest that hp, so my pumps whatever they actually are are flowing ok, are there cheap knock off pumps going about maybe like there was with the nismo n1 gtr oil pumps.

how where these pumps installed ? where they one feeding the other in 1 line, or a proper twin install in tank with seperate large bore feeds to twin entry rail ?

at the end of the day in the right set up they have been shown to flow over 200lph each at 5 bar, so over 400 lph will only support 600 hp ! i dont think so somehow. paul blamire has had 450 hp from one walbro 255 on scoobys no problem.

gtrs have 190 lph pump stock, my skyline is on stock pump hard wired and its made 416 hub power, has been testede upto 140 mph so far and still holding pressure solid, and coincidently walbro 255 hps are very similar to stock gtr pumps for flow rate, but they must have 13.5+ v, i have 14v at my pumps.

Last edited by scoooby slayer; 01-07-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-07-2012 | 11:44 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

so were the 2 pumps just running into 1 line then ? what pressure were they running ? something is wrong somewhere if 1 can do 450 hp.

it would appear the supra was mapped with pressure dropping from 6.1 bar down to 5.7 - 5.8 bar so absolutely maxing the pumps and pressure dropping but still holding upto 788 hub hp at 5.8 bar, upto the top of fifth gear anyways 169 mph. obviously ive got no flow left whatsoever i realise that but it doesnt change the fact they can do it on the right set up.

update

ive just put my fuel pressure gauge on, at idle with the fpr fully open i can get the pressure down to 2.3 bar, so my return line is plenty big enough to return both pumps worth of fuel at 14v at idle.

ive spoke to garth today were gonna aim for 2.1 bar again but 11.5 afr instead of 10.9

Last edited by scoooby slayer; 03-07-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-07-2012 | 04:23 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

well its dyno time tommorrow.

turbo oil feed has gone from 12 psi upto 35 psi ! lol

fuelling is being changed slightly, base fuel pressure is being dropped from 3.8 bar down to 3 bar so pumps will be far happier, afr is being leaned from 10.9 to 11.5 and the 2.1 bar boost is staying the same. will be on a dynopack, im hopeing the leaner/cleaner 11.5 afr will yield me closer to 800 hub power.
Old 09-07-2012 | 07:40 PM
stu21t
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Good luck
Try and get a vid if you can.

Quick Reply: well i bought it, 900 hp . vid added page 17 :) breaking for parts ! 29/07/2012