General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

well i bought it, 900 hp . vid added page 17 :) breaking for parts ! 29/07/2012

Search this Thread

Old 29-07-2012 | 11:26 AM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Do these blocks have liners? Seems a waste for the sake of a botterm end if they do! I'd think about re building it after all you have put a lot of time and money into this now!
Old 29-07-2012 | 02:32 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by ajamesc
Do these blocks have liners? Seems a waste for the sake of a botterm end if they do! I'd think about re building it after all you have put a lot of time and money into this now!
thats the thing i have no more time or money i want to put in it.

im fancying a second r32 or r33 gtr now about 700 hp as my shiny beast.
Old 29-07-2012 | 02:49 PM
xr2wishy
Bodger of Blackburn

i understand where you are, you have to sit back and seriously think sensibly.
you could pour loads of cash into it and still be disappointed. sell up the parts and get something more usable, then you won't be shitting it when something goes the same.
the alternative is rebuilding and could end up with the machine of dreams.
heart over mind should never win, good luck recouping as much as you can.
Old 29-07-2012 | 03:15 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

I see what your saying but the supra is such a nice car! Go watch a few jamie p vids then make your mind up lol. Plus why not go back to 3L and just keep it at 800bhp
Old 29-07-2012 | 04:20 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

I see what your saying but the supra is such a nice car! Go watch a few jamie p vids then make your mind up lol. Plus why not go back to 3L and just keep it at 800bhp
it is a lovely car, looks wise i will never have a car that can compare, but i bought it because it should of been the best of the best, it turned out to be the worsed built ever ! and trying to tame the power rwd is no good, skylines are the ones for me i think, i wouldnt mind an evo but i dont want to go backwards to a 4 pot really, just a sensible gtr running 600 - 700 hp even stock drivetrain should take it if driven correctly or a sequential thats available.
Old 29-07-2012 | 04:22 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by xr2wishy
i understand where you are, you have to sit back and seriously think sensibly.
you could pour loads of cash into it and still be disappointed. sell up the parts and get something more usable, then you won't be shitting it when something goes the same.
the alternative is rebuilding and could end up with the machine of dreams.
heart over mind should never win, good luck recouping as much as you can.
it will never be the machine of my dreams as thats an r35 gtr now

sod the strokers, i just want an rb26 running a gt4088 ish size turbo.
Old 29-07-2012 | 06:21 PM
cozzy940
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Gutted mate , can't go wrong with a well set up gtr
Old 29-07-2012 | 06:46 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Sorry to hear this mate.

Even though it may seem a bit backwards, and since you mention you love the car, why not go for a milder Supra? Your dream has been ruined by a bunch of cowboys; that isn't the car's fault. You could break it and buy another Supra to get rid of its hoodoo and get a different one.

Last edited by pani_k; 29-07-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 29-07-2012 | 07:39 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by pani_k
Sorry to hear this mate.

Even though it may seem a bit backwards, and since you mention you love the car, why not go for a milder Supra? Your dream has been ruined by a bunch of cowboys; that isn't the car's fault. You could break it and buy another Supra to get rid of its hoodoo and get a different one.
i loved the car because of what it was, all hks, jun, kitted, all custom, and also knew they were all parts that would demand a premium should the worse happen.
but i didnt inspect the car anywhere near good enough i went with my heart on my sleeve which has now been my undoing.
i dont need the money il be honest i could just go buy something else tommorrow, but i wont because with an attitude like that i wouldnt be in the financial position im in today.
from my last saph and my r32 gtr i made about Ł7000 profit, the supra owes me Ł29000 so i will loose the profit from my last 2 breakers. so if i can try and clear Ł15000 - Ł20000 i will be happy.
my next car will be bought with the money from the supra sale or replaced with those funds if its a long hall.
from the interest ive had in just 24 hours im hopeful i will atleast get Ł15000, can get a nice big power r32 gtr for that money.
ive got my current 460 hp r32 gtr as a tradeing tool aswell if needs be.

im gutted but looking forwards too, a 650 hp r32 gtr will be awesome for 0 - 100 mph and santa pod, it will just lack the top speed 100 mph + the supra had.

an r35 like jurgens is the goal but im not about to sell my rental property to fund it ! well maybe lol
Old 29-07-2012 | 07:40 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by cozzy940
Gutted mate , can't go wrong with a well set up gtr
they are awesome traffic light machines.
Old 29-07-2012 | 08:51 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Gutted for you fella. However, you are doing the right thing. A 700bho GTR will be an animal for everything except the top end. And lets face it, the top end is what you'll use least!

Keep us all updated with whatever you go for next!
Old 02-08-2012 | 10:54 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4116689.htm
Old 02-08-2012 | 11:05 PM
Ginge
www.virtualseason.net

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
I spotted this earlier!!

I'm only 2k short!

Ginge
Old 02-08-2012 | 11:12 PM
zetecbeast
Under the car...!

Lovely car, but for not that much more you can get a Nissan GTR
Who cares if its slower, its a far more streetable, awesome weapon!

I wonder why the owner is selling it. I remember seeing his project on it a few years ago, he must have spent an absolute fortune on it
Old 03-08-2012 | 03:33 AM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Is that not jamie p,s car? Sore looks the same!
Old 03-08-2012 | 06:30 AM
zetecbeast
Under the car...!

yes it is mate.
Old 03-08-2012 | 07:46 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

There's a clue in the number plate lol.
Old 03-08-2012 | 08:05 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Very sad .
A lesson here, never buy a car that someone else has built & then sold. Only way to run this sort of Power is to develop the car from scratch with a top tuner it will take a long time & be very expensive. Youngsters want there 1000bhp now & dont want the years of sweat to get it. If you believe these 900+ cars, & believe me there are very few in the UK, are running around faultlessly you are in cuckoo land, they are usually sold on because the owner cant keep up with the expence.
Unless you have a lot of money you are chaseing a dream you will never fulfill. You can claim any car has a million horsepower but until its put against the clock its just that a claim. Remember there are lots of people on this Forum who will willingly help you spend your money whilst keeping there own in their pocket .
Old 03-08-2012 | 08:50 AM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

There's a clue in the number plate lol.
As the main pic in that add dose not have a plate on it that's not really very help full is it! I dident look at all the pics!
Old 03-08-2012 | 09:29 AM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by MadRod
Very sad .
A lesson here, never buy a car that someone else has built & then sold. Only way to run this sort of Power is to develop the car from scratch with a top tuner it will take a long time & be very expensive. Youngsters want there 1000bhp now & dont want the years of sweat to get it. If you believe these 900+ cars, & believe me there are very few in the UK, are running around faultlessly you are in cuckoo land, they are usually sold on because the owner cant keep up with the expence.
Unless you have a lot of money you are chaseing a dream you will never fulfill. You can claim any car has a million horsepower but until its put against the clock its just that a claim. Remember there are lots of people on this Forum who will willingly help you spend your money whilst keeping there own in their pocket .

so no one should buy yours when you decide to sell then?
Old 03-08-2012 | 10:41 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Very sad .
i will loose hardly anything thats why im breaking it now, you can parp on about building it yourself and makeing out everyone else is dreaming but your car has cost a fortune and you will loose a fortune and its done nothing for years, as for money lol im 32 and have an account with 5 figures in it and own a property thats rented and run a farm and a contracting company, so please dont incinuate that i cant afford to fix it, i could fix it 20 times over if i wanted but im not about to plough in 3 times what the cars worth like you have done with your sierra.

ive got nothing against you rod but the whole toan of your reply is so off im not goona just sit here and let that be said because it is not the case at all.
Old 03-08-2012 | 10:43 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

i was tempted it could be bought for Ł30k, 18 months ago i tried to buy it and jamie wouldnt sell, i would of 100% bought it last year but now having owned over 800 hp rwd i want 4x4, im now looking to get a big single turbo r32 gtr running an rb26 at 700 hp.
Old 03-08-2012 | 11:15 AM
andy@amt

Hey Your doing the right thing a 700/800 gtr is right tool and if built right will last a long time
Old 03-08-2012 | 12:05 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Real shame your dream car has come out like this, but have to agree that from the trouble you've had, the downer it's put on the whole ownership and simply the money it will cost I think you should cut your losses.

Shame, but onwards and upwards mate.
Old 03-08-2012 | 02:35 PM
zetecbeast
Under the car...!

Originally Posted by scoooby slayer
i was tempted it could be bought for Ł30k, 18 months ago i tried to buy it and jamie wouldnt sell, i would of 100% bought it last year but now having owned over 800 hp rwd i want 4x4, im now looking to get a big single turbo r32 gtr running an rb26 at 700 hp.
Any idea why hes selling it now? he must have spent about 100k plus on it..!!

I agree, big single GTR is a much more use able weapon...
Old 08-08-2012 | 09:57 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by andy@amt
Hey Your doing the right thing a 700/800 gtr is right tool and if built right will last a long time
i think so andy, an r32 will see me ok for now ......

Originally Posted by XRT_si
Real shame your dream car has come out like this, but have to agree that from the trouble you've had, the downer it's put on the whole ownership and simply the money it will cost I think you should cut your losses.

Shame, but onwards and upwards mate.
terrible shame but hey ho 4wd here we come

Originally Posted by zetecbeast
Any idea why hes selling it now? he must have spent about 100k plus on it..!!

I agree, big single GTR is a much more use able weapon...
would of been a good buy jamies car, been broken for parts now though.
Old 08-08-2012 | 09:00 PM
turnover
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

think Jamies sold nearly everything allready,all went very fast,Im like you i have 5 figures in my bank account Ł100.89p lol,just get rid and move on,im sure you will come back bigger and better
Old 01-09-2012 | 12:50 PM
marko30
Virgin

just read this thread from start to finish and predicted that it would end like this,when you get to the bit that says the cars hardly done any milage in x amount of years and 800hp its because it spends more time in bits that on the road,not just this car but most big power builds end up like this
my current car is an evo running 450lbft/540hp i belive this to be the upper limits of the drivetrain,but like your car iv had my fair share of problems too sometimes i wonder why i botherd thinking now it,d be best to stick with mildly tuned cars that you can use everyday

feel for you bud as i know how it feels
Old 01-09-2012 | 01:53 PM
cossie0_4
PassionFord Regular

jamie p just bought a r35 gtr m8
Old 01-09-2012 | 03:55 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

i will loose hardly anything thats why im breaking it now, you can parp on about building it yourself and makeing out everyone else is dreaming but your car has cost a fortune and you will loose a fortune and its done nothing for years, as for money lol im 32 and have an account with 5 figures in it and own a property thats rented and run a farm and a contracting company, so please dont incinuate that i cant afford to fix it, i could fix it 20 times over if i wanted but im not about to plough in 3 times what the cars worth like you have done with your sierra.
Sorry if i offended your great wealth its not something wealthy people talk about .
So my car cost a lot of money wow ! your right BUT its done what i said it would do & not what i talked about it doing . In 8 years this month no other RS has got close to its times so looks like the money was spent on the right bits . Its sort of retired now as I am however the old girl is still there & still being modified, waiting for that elusive challenger .

I guessed this was how it would end but I wish you well with your new enterprise but please dont talk about challenging the really fast cars untill you can prove it. Turn up at a Vmax dont pander to the youngsters on here who will believe anything you say as you found out.
Old 01-09-2012 | 05:03 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by turnover
think Jamies sold nearly everything allready,all went very fast,Im like you i have 5 figures in my bank account Ł100.89p lol,just get rid and move on,im sure you will come back bigger and better
most of its gone its looking like i will return over Ł20k so im happy, already got my eye on something new .....
Old 01-09-2012 | 05:03 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by cossie0_4
jamie p just bought a r35 gtr m8
its lovely too, its the end game but to much for me to blow atm.
Old 01-09-2012 | 05:27 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Sorry if i offended your great wealth its not something wealthy people talk about .
So my car cost a lot of money wow ! your right BUT its done what i said it would do & not what i talked about it doing . In 8 years this month no other RS has got close to its times so looks like the money was spent on the right bits . Its sort of retired now as I am however the old girl is still there & still being modified, waiting for that elusive challenger .

I guessed this was how it would end but I wish you well with your new enterprise but please dont talk about challenging the really fast cars untill you can prove it. Turn up at a Vmax dont pander to the youngsters on here who will believe anything you say as you found out.
rod i dont feel i have to have a car thats faster than yours, i dont have anything to proove i just like high power cars and would like a 10 second 1/4 mile in full street trim. i never challenged you to anything you challenged me i would of just enjoyed the day out trying to see how fast id of dared go, im glad i didnt now because 20+ seconds of wot would of probably destroyed it even worse than it did.
Old 02-09-2012 | 09:47 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Also rod I certainly wouldn't go to a v max just to please you, you shouldnt talk abot v max either as I'm sure there would be plenty of cars there much faster than yours, the whole tone of your reply yet again stinks rod. Does it dent your ego or something someone else having a big power car ?
Old 02-09-2012 | 09:52 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Think it's more a case of everyone else's car is shit to him.

Shame about the supra, at least no massive financial loss. Onwards as upwards with another project. Hope the next one is a smoother journey.
Old 16-01-2019 | 09:46 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

I cannot believe this was 8 years ago I went and bought this car, where does the time go
Old 16-01-2019 | 09:52 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

because 300 miles after the dyno run the turbo shit itself and some swarth went through the engine so engine was stripped again crank polished, new oil pump and brand new turbo.

This is what the con artist told me, what he didn't tell me was crank was knackered, so an odd rod was just stuffed in to sell it, which failed in spectacular fashion !