General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

well i bought it, 900 hp . vid added page 17 :) breaking for parts ! 29/07/2012

Search this Thread

Old 24-07-2012 | 09:52 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

well it appears the bottom end may have gone now, just got it on the ramp and its knocking badly and the oil looks like it has fine glitter in it.
the one bit id hoped had been built properly obviously hadnt, it still has good oil pressure but theres a noise.
im at my all time lowest with it now, it seems it may be the best obtion to just break it at the moment, really dont know what to do but i do know its testing my patience.
this car has fought me all the way i think its just a looseing battle
Old 24-07-2012 | 09:56 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by scoooby slayer
well it appears the bottom end may have gone now, just got it on the ramp and its knocking badly and the oil looks like it has fine glitter in it.
the one bit id hoped had been built properly obviously hadnt, it still has good oil pressure but theres a noise.
im at my all time lowest with it now, it seems it may be the best obtion to just break it at the moment, really dont know what to do but i do know its testing my patience.
this car has fought me all the way i think its just a looseing battle
TBH, there is a good chance it's due to the flywheel coming loose and the crank damper coming loose.
Loss of balance or damping due to these can shit the big ends.

Ive even seen engines that have had ultralight flywheels shit the big ends within a few hundred miles of fitting them.
Old 24-07-2012 | 10:43 PM
stu21t
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well thats a shitter.
i know how it feels to have things always go wrong.
ive had the 5 6 years and its never been at its full potential for 1 reason or another.

just put it to one side for now and play in the gtr for a bit.
come back to the supra a bit later on.
Old 24-07-2012 | 10:45 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
TBH, there is a good chance it's due to the flywheel coming loose and the crank damper coming loose.
Loss of balance or damping due to these can shit the big ends.

Ive even seen engines that have had ultralight flywheels shit the big ends within a few hundred miles of fitting them.
i guess it could of done, ddint drive it much though cruised to tuner about 90 miles and saw oil leak so got aa lift home. i guess i just gotta get the lump out and see whats what in there.
Old 24-07-2012 | 10:47 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

can you just pull the sump off and take a look ?
Old 24-07-2012 | 10:47 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by stu21t
well thats a shitter.
i know how it feels to have things always go wrong.
ive had the 5 6 years and its never been at its full potential for 1 reason or another.

just put it to one side for now and play in the gtr for a bit.
come back to the supra a bit later on.
yep at least i aint carless, i gotta get stuck in though mate make or break so to speak, trouble is i will probably start cutting the rape tommorrow so time is gonna be short for a while.
Old 24-07-2012 | 10:50 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

can you just pull the sump off and take a look ?
i cant get it off without either lifting the engine or dropping the frame, the ammount of glitter there is in the oil and the noise its gonna be terminal for sure, il just have to get stuck in.

the full brian crower 3.4 kit is Ł5000 all in uk supplied, i have a brand new fully worked head on the shelf ready to go, if i rebuild it i will be going for 1000 hp in mind.
Old 25-07-2012 | 07:48 AM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Rebuild it to 1000bhp then let me have a go.
Old 25-07-2012 | 09:39 AM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Not good you have put a lot of time into this car and not even really use it yet! I bet your gutted! Still every thing can be fixed just money and time
Old 25-07-2012 | 01:47 PM
750hp escos
BANNED

I no everyone says these supras do 900+hp with no trouble and they are reliable etc etc!!

I have worked alongside afr tunning for some time and know all the lads well and believe me when these supras are up there in the power theyre always falling apart!!

Jons (supra dude) has been apart more times that i no and it always the big ends going..he is on his 5th bottom end and thats just a drag car..

The 750 hp mark is about the safest limit imo and in thiers..

Hope you get it all sorted mate..good luck

cheers danny
Old 25-07-2012 | 06:14 PM
lmosleycosworth chevette
old school is good

Originally Posted by R5FORD
So has it got 700hp or 1000hp? And why would you want that much power for road use That bumper needs to go and needs a proper number plate stuck in the right place other than that its a beast.. Supras the only other jap car id have other than a R34 GTR and maybe the new GTR
You can never have too much power. You can only have too little grip.
Old 25-07-2012 | 06:24 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Originally Posted by 750hp escos

What about Jamie P's? He's running nigh-on 1300bhp, rarely hear about him ever having problems, and that get's used a lot!

Gutted to hear this though pal, what would it be worth in bits? Would it be worth breaking it and shoving it into the GTR? I know it's kind of a step back to what you had, but it's an option!
Old 25-07-2012 | 06:56 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

My experiance with a Supra a few years ago 872hp at the hubs on a 3.4hks engine kept spining Con rod bearings where the 3lt never went wrong.
This was only one car and not a generalisation on them.

Mark
Old 25-07-2012 | 07:26 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

seriously gutted for you mate, you must be over 30k all in now? what would you get for it broken for parts as it is?

when you first posted about getting the car, i wasnt sure it was a good move because of TDI
Old 25-07-2012 | 07:33 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Never nice but you know your shit and I'm sure you can sort it if needs be.
Any high power motor will have issues at some point no matter what anyone says.
Old 25-07-2012 | 07:48 PM
750hp escos
BANNED

Originally Posted by CrOwSoN15
What about Jamie P's? He's running nigh-on 1300bhp, rarely hear about him ever having problems, and that get's used a lot!

Gutted to hear this though pal, what would it be worth in bits? Would it be worth breaking it and shoving it into the GTR? I know it's kind of a step back to what you had, but it's an option!

Thats the thing..you never do hear about all the problems..

What do you think they drive them around like a normal road car doing 12k a year??lol

I see guys that work on them all day everyday and the only ones that seem to stay together are the ones under the 750 hp mark..

The quarter mile cars come and get the bottom end re built every season

And johns own car has had like i said 5 bottom end in it that i know of from the 3.0 to the 3.4 and theyve seen 1177 hp but it just falls apart..

cheers danny
Old 25-07-2012 | 08:18 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

well i havnt had time to look at the car at all yet, ive just got in i started harvest today cutting the oilseed rape.

i have spoke to owen developments today about checking the turbo as there is a small ammount of end float on the t51r, so that will be as new again and all set now it has the proper oil pressure.

ive also spoke to garage whifbitz and he supplies crower complete 3.4 bottom ends and will build me a bottom end if needs be, but i just gotta get it apart and get the crank and rods inspected just incase they are reusable, whatever happens if it gets rebuilt or a new engine i am going to have the crank balanced with the clutch and front pulley on there if possible so it doesnt happen again.

im sure the loose front pulley has been the cause of the clutch issues, and the strange idle issue i was having i would susspect is where the engine was just tightening up somewhere before the failure. it is an awesome car and i dont see it being realistically replaceable, but even with a knackered engine theres still lots to sell, id guess i could still return Ł20+k in parts, but if i do that i just gotta start again as i am going to have a 1000 hp car one way or the other .............
Old 25-07-2012 | 08:19 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Mark Shead
My experiance with a Supra a few years ago 872hp at the hubs on a 3.4hks engine kept spining Con rod bearings where the 3lt never went wrong.
This was only one car and not a generalisation on them.

Mark
that is interesting mark, did the crank take a grind ok ?
Old 25-07-2012 | 08:25 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

that is interesting mark, did the crank take a grind ok ?

I dont know if it was reground or new.

Mark
Old 25-07-2012 | 08:29 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by zetec-Sam
Rebuild it to 1000bhp then let me have a go.
lol id like a go first

Originally Posted by ajamesc
Not good you have put a lot of time into this car and not even really use it yet! I bet your gutted! Still every thing can be fixed just money and time
i am gutted but ive seen pod and done 4 or 5 runs, some road work aswell saw of an r1 right past its top speed, i admit ive had nowhere near as much life out of it as id hoped for but ive had some.

Originally Posted by 750hp escos
I no everyone says these supras do 900+hp with no trouble and they are reliable etc etc!!

I have worked alongside afr tunning for some time and know all the lads well and believe me when these supras are up there in the power theyre always falling apart!!

Jons (supra dude) has been apart more times that i no and it always the big ends going..he is on his 5th bottom end and thats just a drag car..

Hope you get it all sorted mate..good luck

cheers danny
im not admiting defeat yet, the only thing swaying me is if 2jzs arent any more reliable than an rb26 then a 1000 hp gtr might be on the cards as i do love the 4x4, if i had the supra power in a gtr it would be epic 0 - 100 mph, especially on a sequential box that i can get for Ł6500.

Originally Posted by CrOwSoN15

hes on a 3.0 though, and it does make sense as the longer stroke has to put more load on the bottom end it is innevetable.

i think around Ł20k+ but its all a guess, some good money there though the shell has to worth quit a bit just the kit and body mods cost over Ł7k ! and then it had a full respray ontop of that !

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
seriously gutted for you mate, you must be over 30k all in now? what would you get for it broken for parts as it is?

when you first posted about getting the car, i wasnt sure it was a good move because of TDI
i paid my money and took my chance, living as dream is never cheap real tears lol

Originally Posted by vaughant
Never nice but you know your shit and I'm sure you can sort it if needs be.
Any high power motor will have issues at some point no matter what anyone says.
i may build it myself, i just wana get my head in there and take a look then go from there. theres lots of brank repair people ive seen online so gotta be worth a go, after what some comments have said here i may just go 3.0 if the whole bottom end is junk.
Old 25-07-2012 | 09:36 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

jamie p runs a stock crank still and is still on the cars original one !
Old 25-07-2012 | 09:39 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Isnt his a stroker now ? He put a new engine in it a year or so ago.
Old 25-07-2012 | 09:42 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

bad luck dude. as i've said previously - you're doing lots of fixing but will be epic when done!!
Old 25-07-2012 | 10:10 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Gutted probably doesn't come close to how your feeling right now. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end but its never going to be a cheap build.

I'll have to ask my mate what they are using as their expecting 2000hp + from one, I don't believe its a stroker but I might be wrong about that.
Old 25-07-2012 | 10:36 PM
turnover
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Thumbs up

your not having much luck mate,but i think most of us on here have had a car a sometime or another thats given us grief ,im sure you will get it sorted,CHIN UP
Old 25-07-2012 | 10:44 PM
Cossie Sean
big floppy donkey dick

couple of lads in Ilford have 8-900bhp motors in mk4`s and E30`s

lots of boost and years without problems, just bad luck matey

any model/engine can have bad luck, fuck it, crack on lad
Old 25-07-2012 | 10:49 PM
xr2wishy
Bodger of Blackburn

chin up, anything worth having is worth working for.
shitter none the less and i think i have it bad with a few k in a zetec turbo setup
Old 26-07-2012 | 01:22 AM
ozmk1cos
PassionFord Regular

Gutted for you mate, but Im sure you will turn it around and get back out there
Old 26-07-2012 | 09:01 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Isnt his a stroker now ? He put a new engine in it a year or so ago.
nope 3 litre and hes still on the cars original crank used in last rebuild !

Originally Posted by bigchez
bad luck dude. as i've said previously - you're doing lots of fixing but will be epic when done!!
hopefully, it hasnt lived up to my expectations yet ....

Originally Posted by JonnyBravo
Gutted probably doesn't come close to how your feeling right now. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end but its never going to be a cheap build.

I'll have to ask my mate what they are using as their expecting 2000hp + from one, I don't believe its a stroker but I might be wrong about that.
im looking at this now potentially

http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co....z-p-15063.html

and just give him my new big port head, my 272 cams, block, oil pump, water pump and sump and away we go again. i can then sell the salvageable out of my bottom end, even 6 pistons and 5 rods will fetch some ŁŁŁ

Originally Posted by turnover
your not having much luck mate,but i think most of us on here have had a car a sometime or another thats given us grief ,im sure you will get it sorted,CHIN UP
im trying to stick at it fella, the more i look at parts the more i want to get stuck in and get it repaired.

Originally Posted by Cossie Sean
couple of lads in Ilford have 8-900bhp motors in mk4`s and E30`s

lots of boost and years without problems, just bad luck matey

any model/engine can have bad luck, fuck it, crack on lad
Originally Posted by xr2wishy
chin up, anything worth having is worth working for.
shitter none the less and i think i have it bad with a few k in a zetec turbo setup
Originally Posted by ozmk1cos
Gutted for you mate, but Im sure you will turn it around and get back out there
i dont think its bad luck, i think its a numpty not tightening up the front pulley thats caused all my issues that have now ruined a Ł15000 motor potentially ! owen developments are gonna check the turbo out aswell, its ok hasnt failed and is working fine but there is some shaft float im not happy with, they seemed hopefully being as its not failed it may be repairable or at least a new core from a gt4202r with my wheels and shaft should still then be a genuine hks t51r spl, again the turbo is just from a wrongly set up oil feed to the turbo !

but onwards and upwards is the plan and at least try and get past 800 hub hp and also have a 500 hp boost setting for some civilised driving so i need to change the wastegate springs from 1.7 bar.
Old 26-07-2012 | 09:22 PM
stu21t
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ive also spoke to garage whifbitz and he supplies crower complete 3.4 bottom ends and will build me a bottom end if needs be, but i just gotta get it apart and get the crank and rods inspected just incase they are reusable, whatever happens if it gets rebuilt or a new engine i am going to have the crank balanced with the clutch and front pulley on there if possible so it doesnt happen again.

I wouldnt suggest that.
Its a good idea in theory but if the front pulley/flywheel/clutch ever need to comr off get changed then the assembly would no longer be balanced.
Your better off getting each part balanced individually.
Old 26-07-2012 | 09:33 PM
xr2wishy
Bodger of Blackburn

that's the spirit, onwards and upwards, i've got a smoking turbo, so thinking gtx now, spend it on the right parts is the moto.
Old 28-07-2012 | 10:27 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

well the engine is out, on my engine stand, cams out just gotta unbolt the head now.
il be honest though im looseing the spirit the more i strip it i dont think ive got a rebuild for it in me atm.

seen an r33 gtr 750 hp im tempted by aswell..........
Old 29-07-2012 | 07:35 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

well ive got it all stripped piston skirts have marks, crank is gone, at least 2 rods have failed, bores look crap, its all hks just looks oil starved, i guess that would explain needing no oil restrictor. i have genuinely lost all interest tbh im beyond gutted, to rebuild as a 3 litre is not something im prepared to do its supposed to be what it is a top end hks car, for that reason and the fact i want to smash the thing to pieces im breaking it for parts. il be honest i feel quite sick at the moment !
im in mid harvest been at work since 630 this morning, had quite a bit of interest in parts already so hopefully i can recoup a good bit of ŁŁŁŁ and start again with something else.
Old 29-07-2012 | 07:40 AM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sorry to hear that mate :-(
Old 29-07-2012 | 07:50 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Miller 3
Sorry to hear that mate :-(
its cost me Ł30k so far and ive done 2500 miles in it !
totally gutted
Old 29-07-2012 | 07:53 AM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sorry to hear about this mate and i hope you have more luck with whatever you decide do next
Old 29-07-2012 | 07:55 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Proper shit news!
Hope you can recoup some cash from it.
Old 29-07-2012 | 08:10 AM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

Oh dear, sorry to hear that mate
Old 29-07-2012 | 08:18 AM
stu21t
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thats a real shame.
Just be sure its 100% the right move before you start stripping/selling parts!
Old 29-07-2012 | 11:15 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by stu21t
Thats a real shame.
Just be sure its 100% the right move before you start stripping/selling parts!
it is mate, its either sell it now or i will smash it up in my temper, ive had enough of it, not enjoyed the car enough as it is so gotta go.

Quick Reply: well i bought it, 900 hp . vid added page 17 :) breaking for parts ! 29/07/2012