General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Egypt

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 05:51 PM
zvhturbo29rs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Egypt

evening all,really fancy egypt this summer for a two week holidays with the missus. im sure many have been off here,any hotel ideas?is it best to go all inclusive ect??many thanks keiran
Old 04-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We've been several times. All different parts. We've just come back from Makadi Bay (near Hurghada) and the hotel was fantastic. Highly recommend. If you have some time to spare, read my review on Tripadvisor, it's a bit of a long read though!!.....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...and_Sinai.html

My only real serious piece of advice is to watch out for resorts with lots of Italians. I'm sure there are some people on here with Italian blood that may be offended by my remarks, but my experience of them in Egypt is that they are the rudest cunts I have ever met.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:01 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im going in 4 weeks, my first time but comes highly recommended from the people i know who have been
Old 04-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to eygpt 4 years ago for my honeymoon!

Next time I go back, satan will be going to work in a snow plough Fucking hole

Would rather holiday in hell tbh
Old 04-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Originally Posted by danneth
im going in 4 weeks, my first time but comes highly recommended from the people i know who have been
Whereabouts are you going??

My advice to anyone going to Egypt/Red Sea has always been pay for the best hotel you can afford, it could make or break your holiday.

Remember that Egypt is a very under-privaledged country, so pretty much everything outside the hotel is as such. Don't let that stop you from going though. The locals that work in the hotels are among the friendliest people we have ever met abroad.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Originally Posted by Rab
I went to eygpt 4 years ago for my honeymoon!

Next time I go back, satan will be going to work in a snow plough Fucking hole

Would rather holiday in hell tbh
Where did you go? 2-Star hotel in Cairo?

Every thread about Egypt that has appeared on here in the last few years, I have answered in the same way. You need a good hotel. If you pick a bad one, thats your holiday pretty much fucked.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:08 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
Whereabouts are you going??

My advice to anyone going to Egypt/Red Sea has always been pay for the best hotel you can afford, it could make or break your holiday.

Remember that Egypt is a very under-privaledged country, so pretty much everything outside the hotel is as such. Don't let that stop you from going though. The locals that work in the hotels are among the friendliest people we have ever met abroad.

http://www.hauzaresort.com/en/main.php

going there mate, i know a few people who have been and said its nice enough so fingers crossed
Old 04-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Rab

Christian. We went to sharm el shiek, 4 star hotel and resort which was smashing!!!!

It was the REST of Eygpt that was utter shite Went to Cairo on a trip and it was SHIT, every time we left the resort 20 dirty little pricks would touch up my wife (blonde hair + 34F )

Would never go again. Resort was fantastic, but there's only so many days you can spend sunbathing by the sea. Every time we went outside it was shite. No point IMHO, when you can go to mexico for 1500 quid less for the same amount of time and it's not a shitehole.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:12 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by Rab
Christian. We went to sharm el shiek, 4 star hotel and resort which was smashing!!!!

It was the REST of Eygpt that was utter shite Went to Cairo on a trip and it was SHIT, every time we left the resort 20 dirty little pricks would touch up my wife (blonde hair + 34F )

Would never go again. Resort was fantastic, but there's only so many days you can spend sunbathing by the sea. Every time we went outside it was shite. No point IMHO, when you can go to mexico for 1500 quid less for the same amount of time and it's not a shitehole.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:14 PM
zvhturbo29rs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cheers for the reply mate.was there much to do outside the hotel ect?
Old 04-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Originally Posted by Rab

Ł1500 less?? However much did you pay??!

Beccy is a fit 5ft blonde with a decent rack and although there have been a few winks/nudges from Arab's in the airports, they have always shown respect.

Trouble is, as soon as you get out into their territory, outside the hotels, you're vulnerable to their lifestyle. Is Mexico any different?? Drug killings, muggings etc etc? I've not heard anything nice about that place and (dare I say it) African Americans are not a breed I plan to associate with.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Originally Posted by zvhturbo29rs
cheers for the reply mate.was there much to do outside the hotel ect?
Not sure if that was directed at me, but if you want my advice, I'd do good quality diving/snorkelling trips. If you go to Sharm or around that way, the trip to Tiran Island is immense and well worth doing. The bus ride there can be a little hairy though.

Quad biking is fun, but watch out for the 'fake' bedouins that you visit, supposedly in their natural environment.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Rab

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
Ł1500 less?? However much did you pay??!

Beccy is a fit 5ft blonde with a decent rack and although there have been a few winks/nudges from Arab's in the airports, they have always shown respect.

Trouble is, as soon as you get out into their territory, outside the hotels, you're vulnerable to their lifestyle. Is Mexico any different?? Drug killings, muggings etc etc? I've not heard anything nice about that place and (dare I say it) African Americans are not a breed I plan to associate with.

2700 Ah well.....

Mexico is much much better. Soon as they find out your not american, you are accepted and welcomed. I've been to mexico through my work loads of times, and never seen a 'nice' bit. But in the shitty port areas everyone was spot on and friendly. Free Fajitas with your 27 bottles of Corona that only cost Ł3 Awesome. Had some top nights on the piss there. The drug killings tend to be between gangs apparently. So I'm fine, unless I get into a crossfire Cozzumel is the place to go, no drug gangs and a bar called Senior Frogs by the beach. Try it. It's fucking top!!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:28 PM
TOMMY_RS
SHITE!

my mate went, said it was full of beggers asking to buy toy camels
Old 04-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Rab - I should think your arse was twitching for weeks after that.

We went, so technically 3 adults (Rosie is now 15, so costs full price), All Inclusive in that 5-star hotel I linked to above for Ł500 each for the week.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Rab

Well, it was my honeymoon. And we went in Mid August when it's at it's most expensive, plus we got all the extras and so on. Inside the resort though was amazing. Really nice! Great beaches, diving, pools, food, nightlife.....

Outisde the resort was hopeless though....

Anyways, I'm glad you had a good time. Any pics of your resort? I'll go find mine.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Rab

Found them.

And the boooobs that got chased all over eygpt...

Old 04-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Originally Posted by Rab
Well, it was my honeymoon. And we went in Mid August when it's at it's most expensive, plus we got all the extras and so on. Inside the resort though was amazing. Really nice! Great beaches, diving, pools, food, nightlife.....

Outisde the resort was hopeless though....

Anyways, I'm glad you had a good time. Any pics of your resort? I'll go find mine.
We usually go in August, this year was a bit different as our Honeymoon is in September, on our first anniversary.

We've had some good luck with rooms too. This year we were expecting a twin room, sharing with Rosie, so all prepared for no fucking for the week, but we ended up with a family room, so our room had an EPIC huge bed and a door.

A few years ago in Marsa Alam, we booked a 'Royal Suite', was one of only 8 on the whole resort, they were basically villa's with rooms and a balcony with a jacuzzi on it (although there was a Scorpion in the Jacuzzi one morning!!).

We went to Taba quite a few years ago and moaned about our shit room, which was in the arse-end of the complex and got moved to the only room they had left, which was the Executive Suite. There were only 2 of those, Pool View (the General Manager was in there) and ours which was Sea View. Was 2 levels and something like Ł1500 per night!!

Of the 5 times we've been, we've barely ever left the hotel. Sounds boring, but when you get a great hotel its OK. Plus we wouldn't go there for more than a week, I don't think I could stand 2 weeks there to be honest.

Last edited by Christian and Beccy; 04-05-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Rab

We had a nice apartment thing. Had an open plan living area and the shower had glass bricks in the wall, meaning I could perv at the wife from the bed

Right next to the nicest pool too. Still, wouldn't go again
Old 04-05-2010, 08:56 PM
rschristoff
Part of the Furniture

i went to hurghada bout 4years ago.loved the weather,the sea was nice and clear but as soon as we went out of the hotel we got mithered all the time and it did my head in.i wouldnt go again but thats just my opinion.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:14 PM
rs1072
PassionFord Post Troll

i went all inc at the hilton sharks bay with me wife was good place