General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Broken, Beat & Scarred!!! (Updated 13/08/10)

Search this Thread

Old 14-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken, Beat & Scarred!!! (Updated 13/08/10)

I posted this a few weeks back on my Facebook Blog. I've been going through some emotions that i didn't realize and it has almost cost me a relationship with someone who did nothing but show me love and support. I'm not ashamed to admit that i've been getting help and i think anyone who has anger issues is doing themselves a favor by getting help. Its unhealthy if you just bottle up stuff cos your future will suffer. Most of you know i went through a horrible break up with my ex Sinead last year and i kinda left the emotions untouched. I kept them bolted down in me but i paid the consequences in the last month.

Anyway heres what i wrote -:

'I have just come to realization that i am a very hostile person. And that the failed relationship is all down to myself being inadequate to let go of the emotions of the past. Its easy to think that the next person will treat you like the last and that at the first sign of a argument, one can become a person he has never been before. A nasty, horrible and misjudging person. A person who will do things to hurt the person a lot more than the person has done to you. You dismiss their apology knowing it will cut through them and hope the sunshine comes from relief of spite but the sunshine never comes.

So let the healing begin...

For months i have bitched and moaned about relationships and using the 'C' word extensively to describe a lot of the negative emotions i have been feeling. All i can say is that i have been out of order since August 2009. The saying 'it can all be gone tomorrow' is a saying i will have tattooed eventually.

Why? many of you may ask. Because in 2007 i met the person i thought i'd be with for the rest of my life. A person who showed me so much love and compassion that for once i didn't feel like i was just a guy in a relationship with some girl. For once it felt like we had been married for years. 2009 August comes along and it changed everything. It took no more than 24 hours to destroy everything i had done for this person. Was beat down and left feeling Pathetic.

So i go on in life, thinking that 'whats happened has happened' and unaware of the seed that has been planted within me. Yesterday night i realized that this seed had grown and its made me someone i'm not. I have always had the angry side that never really left me from when i was just a angry teenager but i did learn to control it as i got older.

February 2010 i met someone and at first everything is great. We talk over the phone and its nice having someone to talk to in the evenings again. As things gets serious, i put up this guard from no where, thinking that this person is going to emotionally break me again. That i'm going to be taken advantage of and again, left feeling pathetic with the thoughts of my concise saying 'Hello, i just came here back to say i told you so'.

So this person puts up a fight for me, reminding me that whatever happened in the last relationship was to stay there. That she is not the person she was and that i should not let my last relationship politics spill on over to my new relationship. Is she right? She damn right was.

So after rethinking EVERYTHING, i promise her that i will be the guy she first met 24/7 and i was silly to go into a panic state of false emotions.

So fast forward to 3rd April 2010, i came home and i get a text from her assuming that i had the hump with her and the truth is that i didn't. I was fine on Saturday night. She was so sure that she kept pushing for me to say 'YES I HAVE A PROBLEM' when i was 100% fine. So now i get the hump with her.

Sunday, i see her and she approaches me and puts her arms around me and tells me she is sorry. What did i do? I looked right through her, i didn't even put my arms around her when she hugged me and said sorry. Instead, i walked away from her and made her feel pathetic. I did what i did out of the emotion i was feeling that moment. Am i proud? No way in hell.

She may have upset me the night before but did she make me feel pathetic? No!!! I did what i did to hurt her and i did and i feel so sick about myself. I have never EVER been so spiteful to anyone and the first woman who comes along and takes a shine to me, i make her feel stupid and worthless.

So i do what we all do, i blame her for making me do it. Is that fair? NO!!! Over such a little petty thing she did to upset me, i took 10 steps back and had a running start to hurt her.

Today, i looked in the mirror and i feel so miserable. I haven't slept as i've been thinking about why am i what i've become. And why i have no answers as of yet, i can admit that i have serious problems and emotions that i need to deal with.

I have been abusive to many people in Reality and FB Statuses. I have offended many people with using inappropriate words to describe my feeling towards silly things.

So for those who have had to put up with my inexcusable way, i am truly sorry and i hope that you can forgive me for my anger outbursts.

I need to re-evaluate myself and my anger issue and that's what i'm going to do. First step was to admit i have a problem and how i was made aware of it.' - Pardeep

Anyway, i've been seeing a Shrink since then and it has helped. I was holding on to things of the past which included pictures, texts, e-mails, our first cinema tickets (sad i know). I was still using the positives of those things to get me through days. The Shrink said that in order for me to move on, i need to delete those things for good. The longer i held onto them, the longer i will suffer and still leak the negative past experience into my future relationships. Still a long way to go and i still need to talk to Katrina about why i did what i did. She understands that it's cos of the negative emotions but i think i need to go alot deeper when i discuss it with her in the coming weeks.

Women can be very Evil but its how you let go that matters. I failed to let go and ts the biggest regret i have in my life now.

Last edited by Pardeep; 13-08-2010 at 03:21 AM.
Old 14-04-2010, 11:56 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

Don't really know what to say, but didn't want to read and run, we all know what a hard time you had with Sinead and I'm not surprised it affected you, good to hear you are getting some help and starting to be able to let go and move on
Old 14-04-2010, 12:01 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

good luck man - top work on trying to make a positive change in your life
Old 14-04-2010, 12:07 PM
jammerrs
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad your sorting it all out mate

and i hope everything turns out good with the new partner

best of luck with it all
Old 14-04-2010, 12:29 PM
JK99
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fair play to you for doing something about it and being open about it. You may be helping other people out there going through the same thing who have no idea how to deal with it.
Old 14-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Rsmat
300+
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

good your facing it mate...and i wish you all the best in future.
Old 14-04-2010, 12:58 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

All the best for the future mate, brilliant news that you're dealing with it and working through whatever issues you have properly with some qualified guidance.

Do you really wanna risk screwing all that progress up by buying a Ford?!

Cheers,
Grant

Trending Topics

Old 14-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Fair play Pardeep - good on you chap
Old 14-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Thank You to all. Its tough but with enough support, the sunshine i've been looking for will come eventually

Originally Posted by RS Grant
All the best for the future mate, brilliant news that you're dealing with it and working through whatever issues you have properly with some qualified guidance.

Do you really wanna risk screwing all that progress up by buying a Ford?!

Cheers,
Grant
I drove my brother's E92 M3 again. Not so sure now RWD
Old 14-04-2010, 03:54 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 428 Likes on 403 Posts

fair play to ye pardeep,its fine to get peoples opinions on things but the proffessionals are the people who can really cut through all the shit to get to the crux of the problem.

i hope you are feeling better soon,as these kind of problems are better tackled head on
Old 14-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

What don't kill ya, make ya more strong! (Broken, Beat & Scarred )
Old 14-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Thrush
What don't kill ya, make ya more strong! (Broken, Beat & Scarred )
You rise, you fall, your down, then you rise again
What don't kill ya makes ya more strong!!!
Old 14-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

That was a long read and I am speechless.

Benni.
Old 14-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Pardeep
You rise, you fall, your down, then you rise again
What don't kill ya makes ya more strong!!!
I've just been playing along to this record - one of the first "fun to play" Metallica records for ages! I now have BB&S on at full volume, just for good measure! Expecting the neighbour to beat my door down any second!

Chin up dude, Tallica will always get you through!
Old 14-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Mark_
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive been attending anger management for the past 6mths and it has helped me,
i was very close to losing my partner through my volitile temper, ive never hit the mrs or kids but i did tend to fly off the handle into a rage very easily over silly things , just couldnt control myself and never knew how or when to leave things.
its helped me a hell of alot.
i now have a very healthy and happy home life and im getting on at work far better now than i was 6mths ago.

it really does work, as above really. it is best to seek help. it doesnt mean your a weak person.
Old 14-04-2010, 08:09 PM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

you are a top fella for talking about this mate takes a man to sort his emotions
i have alot of respect for you as most blokes ie my real dad didn't
top bloke
Old 14-04-2010, 08:27 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you bummed her yet?
Old 14-04-2010, 11:20 PM
twoblacklines
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I posted this a few weeks back on my Facebook Blog. I've been going through some emotions that i didn't realize and it has almost cost me a relationship with someone who did nothing but show me love and support. I'm not ashamed to admit that i've been getting help and i think anyone who has anger issues is doing themselves a favor by getting help. Its unhealthy if you just bottle up stuff cos your future will suffer. Most of you know i went through a horrible break up with my ex Sinead last year and i kinda left the emotions untouched. I kept them bolted down in me but i paid the consequences in the last month.

Anyway heres what i wrote -:

'I have just come to realization that i am a very hostile person. And that the failed relationship is all down to myself being inadequate to let go of the emotions of the past. Its easy to think that the next person will treat you like the last and that at the first sign of a argument, one can become a person he has never been before. A nasty, horrible and misjudging person. A person who will do things to hurt the person a lot more than the person has done to you. You dismiss their apology knowing it will cut through them and hope the sunshine comes from relief of spite but the sunshine never comes.

So let the healing begin...

For months i have bitched and moaned about relationships and using the 'C' word extensively to describe a lot of the negative emotions i have been feeling. All i can say is that i have been out of order since August 2009. The saying 'it can all be gone tomorrow' is a saying i will have tattooed eventually.

Why? many of you may ask. Because in 2007 i met the person i thought i'd be with for the rest of my life. A person who showed me so much love and compassion that for once i didn't feel like i was just a guy in a relationship with some girl. For once it felt like we had been married for years. 2009 August comes along and it changed everything. It took no more than 24 hours to destroy everything i had done for this person. Was beat down and left feeling Pathetic.

So i go on in life, thinking that 'whats happened has happened' and unaware of the seed that has been planted within me. Yesterday night i realized that this seed had grown and its made me someone i'm not. I have always had the angry side that never really left me from when i was just a angry teenager but i did learn to control it as i got older.

February 2010 i met someone and at first everything is great. We talk over the phone and its nice having someone to talk to in the evenings again. As things gets serious, i put up this guard from no where, thinking that this person is going to emotionally break me again. That i'm going to be taken advantage of and again, left feeling pathetic with the thoughts of my concise saying 'Hello, i just came here back to say i told you so'.

So this person puts up a fight for me, reminding me that whatever happened in the last relationship was to stay there. That she is not the person she was and that i should not let my last relationship politics spill on over to my new relationship. Is she right? She damn right was.

So after rethinking EVERYTHING, i promise her that i will be the guy she first met 24/7 and i was silly to go into a panic state of false emotions.

So fast forward to 3rd April 2010, i came home and i get a text from her assuming that i had the hump with her and the truth is that i didn't. I was fine on Saturday night. She was so sure that she kept pushing for me to say 'YES I HAVE A PROBLEM' when i was 100% fine. So now i get the hump with her.

Sunday, i see her and she approaches me and puts her arms around me and tells me she is sorry. What did i do? I looked right through her, i didn't even put my arms around her when she hugged me and said sorry. Instead, i walked away from her and made her feel pathetic. I did what i did out of the emotion i was feeling that moment. Am i proud? No way in hell.

She may have upset me the night before but did she make me feel pathetic? No!!! I did what i did to hurt her and i did and i feel so sick about myself. I have never EVER been so spiteful to anyone and the first woman who comes along and takes a shine to me, i make her feel stupid and worthless.

So i do what we all do, i blame her for making me do it. Is that fair? NO!!! Over such a little petty thing she did to upset me, i took 10 steps back and had a running start to hurt her.

Today, i looked in the mirror and i feel so miserable. I haven't slept as i've been thinking about why am i what i've become. And why i have no answers as of yet, i can admit that i have serious problems and emotions that i need to deal with.

I have been abusive to many people in Reality and FB Statuses. I have offended many people with using inappropriate words to describe my feeling towards silly things.

So for those who have had to put up with my inexcusable way, i am truly sorry and i hope that you can forgive me for my anger outbursts.

I need to re-evaluate myself and my anger issue and that's what i'm going to do. First step was to admit i have a problem and how i was made aware of it.' - Pardeep

Anyway, i've been seeing a Shrink since then and it has helped. I was holding on to things of the past which included pictures, texts, e-mails, our first cinema tickets (sad i know). I was still using the positives of those things to get me through days. The Shrink said that in order for me to move on, i need to delete those things for good. The longer i held onto them, the longer i will suffer and still leak the negative past experience into my future relationships. Still a long way to go and i still need to talk to Katrina about why i did what i did. She understands that it's cos of the negative emotions but i think i need to go alot deeper when i discuss it with her in the coming weeks.

Women can be very Evil but its how you let go that matters. I failed to let go and ts the biggest regret i have in my life now.
Shrinks do help, been seeing one for a few months now.

Women wise, sometimes you just need to do other things. At the moment I wont let any woman into my life, and it saves me alot of heartache and disappointment. Im an ugly person so ive given up trying to find nice looking women, but dont want to make do with someone i dont even fancy. Unfortunatly the only interest i get is nice women chatting me up then asking me if im rich, when i say no, i never see them again, or i get the desperate ugly women who wont leave me alone.

I have ignored every woman who trys to talk to me for about a month and i feel so much better from it. I am also learning that i will always be ugly and probably always be lonely and im fine with it.

I guess my point is that time is a great healer and you need time away from women to stop yourself putting up barriers and thinking your going to get hurt again because of your ex.
Old 15-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

I'll go with the 'If a man doesn't cry, he can't be trusted to be a man'

Its comforting to know that people are getting help. Respect to all of you who realize your problems and have the bollocks to stand up and say 'I need help'

Proud of you all.

Originally Posted by kosman
you bummed her yet?
No but something tells me i'm gonna fuck you in the ear lol
Old 15-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Thrush
I've just been playing along to this record - one of the first "fun to play" Metallica records for ages! I now have BB&S on at full volume, just for good measure! Expecting the neighbour to beat my door down any second!

Chin up dude, Tallica will always get you through!
Metallica Saves!!!
Old 15-04-2010, 09:53 AM
dom_xr3i
why poke the animal

i had the same kinda experiences with wemen and if sent me on a downwards spirial then i got a tattoo saying ' dont let love take over use your head first tattooed down my arms' last august i found a girl who ive been with since i even moved in with and her family theres even the ring of wedding bells going on at the mo. all i can say is there is someone for everyone out there it just takes lots of serching i'm 23 now and the girl i have now is my proper first love not these flings which has no love in
keep ya head up bud
Old 13-08-2010, 03:18 AM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Default Update 13/08/2010:)

Hey folks, yesterday was my last day of shrink appointments and i think the progress has been very successful.

Ok, so things didn't work out with Katrina and i have only myself to blame with how i treated her. Since then i have concentrated on being me and doing what pleases me. I have a new band called 'Casino' and will be playing our first gig next week at 'The Scala' and also writing acoustic stuff etc

So, has it worked? YES!!! It took months and took alot of effort and courage to understand that i needed to get pass all that had happened. I have since met a new girl who is just fantastic and understanding.

Sinead has played a part too. She decided to come running back after she through the guy she left me for out and acted like nothing ever went bad between us. Yes it was hard to look her dead in the eyes but at the same time i thought of all i have been through and looking her in the eyes, telling her that she is no longer welcome in my life, my family and my future was sooooooooooooo easy

There are a few other issues that i also had to overcome but i shall not get into any of that. I would like to say that never let what 'People are going to think' get in the way of getting pro help. Advice from others is ok but 'Advice and Guidance' from a professional is far better than asking a friend, i promise you. Any friend who can show no support in order for you to become a better person, shouldn't even be worth your time.

So in closing, i would like to thank you, those who showed me support and shared kind words. And here is a pic of me and my new lady

Thank You all so much

Old 13-08-2010, 04:27 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Wow you have been through alot. I hope you will be better from now on. Ive been out with a few girls in the past and they have turned out to be right nutters.
Old 13-08-2010, 05:49 AM
rubinsbin
BANNED
BANNED

hows the car running?
Old 13-08-2010, 06:26 AM
RSGARETHW
always working

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i dont know you pardeep but well done mate, seems u have really sorted your issues out and have become a much better man for it... thanks for sharing that with us... Gaz
Old 13-08-2010, 06:33 AM
packman
PassionFord Regular

Yes you have got some things to sort but it would be the last thing id do airing out on here for the rest of the world to read.
Old 13-08-2010, 06:50 AM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

WOW! I have just read through your thread for the first time, and all i can say is i dont know you but im proud of you! Admitting you have a problem is the hardest part but also the first step to moving forward into a better future!

It's great to see you now happy with someone, its a shame things didn't work out with Katrina, and the stress that went between the two of you because of the ex before hand, its not a nice situation to be in and i talk from experience there!

Onwards and upwards now tho and well done and good luck for the future
Old 13-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Pardeed, well done for putting this out in the open and getting some help. You sound so much like me its scary, I was reading it thinking "Wow, I do that".

I wish you all the best mate, your own mind is undoubtably often your worst enemy.
Old 13-08-2010, 09:16 AM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I agree with stu. Your mind is your worst enemy. Your definately not alone in the way you acted but fair play for having the balls to accept you need help and doing what you had to in order to get it. All the best mate
Old 13-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by packman
Yes you have got some things to sort but it would be the last thing id do airing out on here for the rest of the world to read.
Actually mate, nothing wrong with putting it out into the world. Whats wrong is being ashamed of what other people might think. If anything, someone maybe looking for help online to deal with something they are going through. I hope they'd be able to read this and not feel ashamed and give them the courage to say 'I need help'.
Old 13-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Pardeed, well done for putting this out in the open and getting some help. You sound so much like me its scary, I was reading it thinking "Wow, I do that".

I wish you all the best mate, your own mind is undoubtably often your worst enemy.
Do you need the shrinks number?

Thanks buddy and Thanks to all of you for the kind words
Old 13-08-2010, 08:24 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

all the best man
Old 13-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Old 13-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Good job youve finally moved on pardeep!! Did think you were living in the past a bit too much!!

Originally Posted by kosman
you bummed her yet?
trust you
Originally Posted by twoblacklines
I am also learning that i will always be ugly and probably always be lonely and im fine with it.
thats not the healthiest of outlooks yes you may be ugly but doesnt mean youll always be lonely. just means you have to set your standards a bit lower or ditch the traditional dating methods at pubs and clubs and choose methods that are based on knowing the person such as joint interests, hobbys etc etc.

unless of course your personality is fundamentally flawed but even that you can change a bit.
Old 13-08-2010, 10:11 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yep id bum her.
Old 13-08-2010, 10:12 PM
caprizetec170
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Good on ya lad for saying it as it is. just doing same meself at mo seeing shrink trying sort meself out unfortunatly took loosing the one i really loved to get over the one i thought i did Due to hanging onto past and getting angry and pushing away everyone that tried to help.
never let the past ruin your future
Old 13-08-2010, 10:43 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well,top reading that,very informative,well done on turning it round,your new girlfriend looks stunning as well so just as well you got rid if the others!!!

As for two black lines,I've been through exactly what you have mate,feeling there's no-one out there for you but that's nonsense mate,I was genuinely shocked when my missus asked me out as I thought she was well out of my league,still is really!!!

We met where she used to work and it went from there,I'm not saying meeting birds in a nightclub dosent work out for some but pumping someone over the bins out the back you met 40 minutes ago and then trying to chose blinds in ikea the next week might not seem realistic!!

Keep doing what your doing fella and it won't be long before you meet "the one".
Old 14-08-2010, 03:36 AM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

PMSL @ Tag
Old 14-08-2010, 06:04 AM
boothy
BANNED
BANNED

PMSL @ Tag
Old 14-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by boothy
Cunt lol

Quick Reply: Broken, Beat & Scarred!!! (Updated 13/08/10)