General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Landlord/Tennant dispute?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil@FastFord
but regardless of my laguage, i was brought up right
Bollocks !!!!!!! Your from fucking Oldistan ........

....... We get dragged up round here
Old 05-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Drunken Master
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me the only thing that seems a bit excessive is the drive. Although you could have cleaned it and perhaps that's where the issue is. And you say the carpet only needs to be cleaned etc, but this is something you should have done before you moved out.

Other than the drive I think everything is fair. If your old man was a carpet fitter I think you should have replaced it before moving out. Bearing in mind that whilst the landlord sorts the house out for someone else to move back in it's costing him money!

All the best though and hope you sort something out.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Caprigirl
Drift Queen

I would get a lawyer to send him a letter stipulating what you think is far and what you think is unfair , you can make an offer to him for full and final payment without admitting any guilt.

If he doesn't accept this then his next action is court , I think he would find it very hard to prove and I think a judge would see that you have already tried to make amends , it shows your willingness to get the situation resolved.

He will probably grudgingly accept it and move on , also if this in dispute he is loosing rent on the property too
Old 05-02-2010, 09:21 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i was paying £800 a month rent i would want the carpet's replacing every 3 years anyway. Drive just clean it, the rest just sort it between 3 of ya
Old 05-02-2010, 10:10 PM
cossie col
PassionFord Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

as a landlord carpet should last 5 years and then on a sliding scale, if you can pay someone to clean it proper theres no prob. if you fucked up everything else then thats your fault so pay up. The drive is a hard one as its not cheap but again if you could not make the effort to keep it clean with an oil leaking piece of shit then thats it. put yourself in there shoes. rent pays the mortgage and then left with a bill to put stuff right when you move out aint on.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:38 PM
C_H_R_I_S

So the landlord has your £800 deposit but on moving in did not give you an inventry or take pics of state of the property? If thats the case tell him to do one! The only way he'll be able to get money from you is through the small claims court and he'll be laughed out with no inventry or pics of the property when you moved in to back him up.