General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ebay Users, how to do a dispute..?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:05 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ebay Users, how to do a dispute..?

I sold some stuff on ebay on the 18/10/06 blokey said he'll send the money asap blah blah blah, about ten days later he starts getting arsey with me demanding to know where his stuff is, i pointed out that you need to send payment first to which he said he has but it must have got lost in the post and he'll send another cheque.

Again about ten days later he starts getting arsey again to which i point out i've still had fuck all from him. Then he goes quiet. I emailed him about a week later saying whats going on and he doesn't reply.

So by now it's the 21/11/06 so i open a upaid dispute.

He says on the 30/11;
i have sent a cheque twice now, u must hav got them there is noway 2 cheques have got to you. im going
to wait till my bank statement comes through and see if you have cashed any before i send the 3rd 1!!

I said on 1/12;
i have sent a cheque twice now, u must hav got them there is noway 2 cheques have got to you. im going
to wait till my bank statement comes through and see if you have cashed any before i send the 3rd 1!!

It's now the 10/12 i've heard nothing back and got nothing in the post, what do i do know? click close dispute and try and claim back my listing fee or what? i've never had to do this before.?

Also exactly the same situation with someone else, who simply hasn't sent payment, i openned a dispute with him on the 21/11 to which he replied;
i'll get the money in the post tomorrow blah blah blah

still nothing so i wanna fuck him off aswell and claim my fees back there.

i think i've been as fair as i can be here?
Old 10-12-2006, 07:17 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

ask him what address he sent the money too and if he sent it recorded delivery

if the answer is "i'm a bumd twat and didn't send it to the right address or recorded" then fuck him right off
sam eiwth the other guy, if there is no reply then ditch them

i've only had one problem with ebay payment, and that was with paypal when they didn't validate my something and i couldn't get any money in or out, but that was only after i had had some "unauthorised" acitvity

other than that, if you win and don't pay, why should you pay for them being cocks?
Old 10-12-2006, 07:30 PM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Open a dispute and fill it out accordingly. When you get to the page saying what you wish to tell the other party, I would tell him to cancel the first 2 cheques, and to then send another cheque by recorded delivery. Explain to him that by asking him to cancel the other cheques, if you do receive them, they will be useless, and explain that you need the cheque within the next 5 working days, as you deem this fair (as recorded delivery should take no more than 3 days, even @ Christmas). Ebay can see this as well, and will take more kindly to your side of the argument if nothing is received. I have done similar myself and ebay refunded it all with 14 days as the person never got back. Works every time and your selling fees will be dealt with @ the same time.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:33 PM
dave_si
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you go mate http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/unpaid-item.html you have to file an unpaid item dispute
Old 10-12-2006, 07:55 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah as said above, i've filed a unpaid dispute to both parties on the 21/11/06 and what each person has said i've written above.

Soooo now on the ebay dispute page i have the option to add to the dispute or to close it.

Now if i click close will that give me the option to claim my fee's back or do i have to wait for ebay to decide when it's right to close it or whats the deal here?