General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

eBay / PayPal - Disputes / Claims

Search this Thread

Old 26-07-2009, 10:53 PM
CWA
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay / PayPal - Disputes / Claims

Here's a question for all you avid eBuyers out there ..

Some seller ripped me off and I never got my item so I've opened up a PayPal dispute on his @ss.

He's currently not said anything in the little conversationy thing and I know I have 20 days for him to give me a refund or for me to escalate this to a 'claim'. He doesn't look like he will refund me, so I'm looking into opening a claim.

PayPal have said that they ask for more information when opening a claim, and they say they take into account what has been said in the Resolution Centre when deciding.

What other information will they ask the seller? And most importantly.. do they review any messages sent between us through eBay? There's some pretty incriminating stuff in there lol and I'm wondering if PayPal will use this as 'evidence' when making a decision, or just the Resolution Centre messages?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Old 26-07-2009, 11:36 PM
philc
Advanced PassionFord User

Unless he can supply a tracking number, it should go in your favour! Dont worry about the past messages. Just start the claim.
Old 26-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Kestrel77
Alive

Hey Mate, had one against me (abso con asian guy said it {£5mem stick thing}never arrived, did arrive !)
And am doing one against guy who sold me a knacked cordless drill NOW !
As far as i know they dont look thru ebay mess. it would take to long, i reckon they have loadz of claims...
They will wait and see what happens ie if you leave it, escalate,he replies doesnt reply.. what i did was wait till a couple of daya before end of time2escalate, then escal ~ by nw they will have asked him to come and see whats happening.. If i were you i would escalate a few dayz b4 time up, then at end they will look and decide !! Now i am well unhappy cos they want me to return it to him, AT MY COST !! Which is wrong ~ I have already shelled out money to a complete liar ~ he may say it was knacked when HE gets it or anything ~ I've paid out for it for postage, then post back down and have NO DRILL !!!!!!! Grrrrr Hope you get it sortwd Mate,
Paul