General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Royal Mail cheeky c**ts!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009 | 08:06 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Default Royal Mail cheeky c**ts!!!!

Is it just me thats fed up with thier pathetic service, excessive cost then they have the fucking cheek to strike over pay when most people are lucky to have a job let alone whinging they arent paid enough!????!!

Just to top it off, of late ive had various parcels delivered (books for uni etc) and on a few occassions ive been in the house when the posty came and got the "sorry you were out" slips in the letter box. Now i assumed i hadnt heard the door bell or he banged on door and i didnt hear it....

This had bothered me for a while so i changed batterys in doorbell and tested it. It worked both before and after changing batterys....

now today i had a day off uni and was sat in the lounge when i see the postie walk upto door through bay window so i get up to go to door hoping for a knock (expecting book today). Pushes the letters through the box and they drop on the floor, guess no parcel! pick them up and theres a "sorry you were out" card. WTF i was thinking so opened door and shouted back at the postie and said "whats this", and why didnt you knock. he comes back with hes only allowed to carry so many parcels, the rest dont come out and get cards.

WHAT THE FUCK

They are being PAID to provide a service by the customer yet they are NOT even attempting to deliver the goods!!!!

I could understand the postie van coming round later in day with heavy items as i understand a person can only carry so much.

BUT TO JUST NOT EVEN ATTEMPT DELIVERY!!!

thats just NOT fucking acceptable!!!

Oh and to top it off i go online today an put in google to find out a link to complain at royal mail and this story comes up:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...en-misled.html

So i guess this is company policy now???

FUCKING SCUMBAGS

Any other business in this country would go bust if they had similar shocking customer service!!!!!
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:08 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Nope not just you mate...

Sack them all, there are loads of people that would love a permanant job without risk of getting the sack!
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:09 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

has postman pat pissed you off then?
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:13 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

kosman if you read what I posted then all will become clear........
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:14 PM
midge
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

The reason for the strikes is not over pay, its over the stupid rules that the managment have put in that is ruining the job, ones like not being allowed to carry to many parcels. The reason for that is the postman will have around 8 bags per round (dropped in various box's) if he has 3 parcels on eaqch bag and no one is in then that is 24 parcels he has to carry around with him, before the managment got involved he would have just put up with that, leaving them in the box's and collecting them on his way back (with an empty bag) but now you are not allowed to leave post in the box's/carry bags that are to heavy. the wieghts for the bags are something like this -

1. 16kg
2.16kg
3 12kg
4 12kg
5,6,7,8 8kg.

if the postman doesnt abide by these rules he face's conduct. probably also wort mentioning that its the managment who have bought in the 10-2 delivery (expected to go 11-3 next year) They tell the postman this is what the customer wants.

Last edited by midge; 07-10-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:14 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

usually the robbing bastards just steal anything that looks like it could be goodand you either receive fuck all or a parcel thats been mysteriously "damaged in transit" with damage entailing the corner being ripped open just enough for someone to identify whats inside.... .

Last edited by fuzzy; 07-10-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:16 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by midge
The reason for the strikes is not over pay, its over the stupid rules that the managment have put in that is ruining the job, ones like not being allowed to carry to many parcels. The reason for that is the postman will have around 8 bags per round (dropped in various box's) if he has 3 parcels on eaqch bag and no one is in then that is 24 parcels he has to carry around with him, before the managment got involved he would have just put up with that, leaving them in the box's and collectint them on his way back (with an empty bag) but now you are not allowed to leave post in the box's/carry bags that are to heavy. the wieghts for the bags are something like this -

1. 16kg
2.16kg
3 12kg
4 12kg
5,6,7,8 8kg.

if the postman doesnt abide by theswe rules he face's conduct. probably also worht mentioning that its the managment who have bought in the 10-2 delivery (expected to go 11-3 next year) They tell the postman this is what the customer wants.
Use a trolley, Put one bag on the trolley and one on youre back?
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:18 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

dont try to point out the obvious, nowadays its any excuse not to do a job rather than how can we do this job better.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:20 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

that makes sence now, as ive had loads of cards recently and ive not heard them ring the bell ( in bed on shifts some times ), a few years back allways heard them ring!

Its bang out of order, cunts!

and to top it off, the office to collect the parcels is open 8am to 2.30pm, for fucksack , when most people will be at work!!!!
MJ_RST
PassionFord Regular

Its folk like you that creates bad press for royal mail, all because you dont understand the system.

Your moaning about nothing man, get off your ass and go collect the parcel!

One postman has a very large area to cover, most offices are short staffed as it is. The walking posties have a limit of 30kg to carry in their bag.

And the strike was for the lorry distribution drivers, not the posties themselves! Ass!
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

MAL,MAL,MAL,MAL,MAL,MAAAAAL !!

What say you mate ???
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:21 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
Use a trolley, Put one bag on the trolley and one on youre back?
exactly, you dont even need a bag on your back, theres plenty of good load carrying trolley systems that could hold plenty of wieght and be moved around safely and not injure the posties - except i doubt royal mail is prepared to spend the money........................

Originally Posted by midge
if the postman doesnt abide by these rules he face's conduct. probably also wort mentioning that its the managment who have bought in the 10-2 delivery (expected to go 11-3 next year) They tell the postman this is what the customer wants.
Why is the parcel wieght issue MY problem??????

Why the fuck cant they send round the parcels in a van like they do with bigger items??? Yes it will cost them more but thats NOT my problem but a company management issue.

Me as the customer (or rather the person who sent the goods) expects to get what he paid for. To deliberately and knowingly not provide the service paid for is im pretty certain a form of FRAUD!!

As a customer its not my problem to know how the post gets from the post office to my door. Thats YOUR problem!!!
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:23 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

sorry, i thought once someone has paid for a service it should be carried out in full as youd expect.
if i was fitting a kitchen i wouldnt do half the job and leave the rest flat packed and consider that acceptible because it makes for an easy life for me.
if it cant be done properly sack the cunts and get guys in that can do the job.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:23 PM
midge
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

The trolly's are considered unsecure whilst left chained to a lamp post, the maximum time you can leave it is 10minutes, again if this rule is not kept conduct will be taken against the postman, using a trolly will also add alot of time onto the duty, meaning he will probably go overtime and thus fail that day.

I could tell you all the idiotic rules they have put in but tbh i probbaly cant remmber most off them and it will be a big essay. The strikes are NOT no postman is going to get a payrise and all off them know this. The strikes are over these stupid rules. Making a simple job hard.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:27 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

whos responsable for these rules? the management trying to make things difficult or the unions fucking everything up?
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:27 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by MJ_RST
Its folk like you that creates bad press for royal mail, all because you dont understand the system.

Your moaning about nothing man, get off your ass and go collect the parcel!
Its not MY job to understand the system. Thats YOUR job. The royal mail deserves 99% of the bad press it gets!!!

I pay for mail to be delivered to my house according to the service i paid for.

I didnt pay for the privilege of having to waste MY money to go get it from the sorting office.

It costs be Ł3.40 in bus fare to do a round trip to the sorting office to collect my parcels.

why the fuck should i have to pay for that when ive already paid to get the item to my house??? dont think royal mail will refund me will they???

If im genuinely out the house then fair cop, BUT THESE ARE CASES WHEN IM IN THE HOUSE that im complaining about.

One postman has a very large area to cover, most offices are short staffed as it is. The walking posties have a limit of 30kg to carry in their bag.
Again why is this my problem??? this is a company management problem!!!!
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:28 PM
MJ_RST
PassionFord Regular

Why is the parcel wieght issue MY problem??????

Why the fuck cant they send round the parcels in a van like they do with bigger items??? Yes it will cost them more but thats NOT my problem but a company management issue.

Me as the customer (or rather the person who sent the goods) expects to get what he paid for. To deliberately and knowingly not provide the service paid for is im pretty certain a form of FRAUD!!

As a customer its not my problem to know how the post gets from the post office to my door. Thats YOUR problem!!!
Half the problem must be where you stay then, cause we dont have any bother up here, and thats rural posties ffs

The royal mail are limited by the amount of vans they have, otherwise theyd all have one. The downfall in that is most are vauxhalls and breakdown more often than not!
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:28 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

I pay for mail to be delivered to my house according to the service i paid for
why are you paying to send mail to your own house? couldnt you carry the stuff home?
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:32 PM
MJ_RST
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Its not MY job to understand the system. Thats YOUR job. The royal mail deserves 99% of the bad press it gets!!!

I pay for mail to be delivered to my house according to the service i paid for.

I didnt pay for the privilege of having to waste MY money to go get it from the sorting office.

It costs be Ł3.40 in bus fare to do a round trip to the sorting office to collect my parcels.

If im genuinely out the house then fair cop, BUT THESE ARE CASES WHEN IM IN THE HOUSE that im complaining about.

Again why is this my problem??? this is a company management problem!!!!
what a twat, youv been told, the postie cant carry your parcels, so go get them, not difficult. Royal mail are not obliged to get the parcel to your door. Hence leaving a note, which tbh i wouldnt even bother leaving you, id just let you wait for weeks ya moaning cunt.

And you try walking miles and miles with a 30kg bag on your back all day, then youl think different. These rules are put in place by the government and health and safety not royal mail themselves. Ass!
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:33 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Half the problem must be where you stay then, cause we dont have any bother up here, and thats rural posties ffs

The royal mail are limited by the amount of vans they have, otherwise theyd all have one. The downfall in that is most are vauxhalls and breakdown more often than not!
I live right in the city centre so shouldnt have any issues!!!

Again what you say is just excuses that do not concern me but your management.

Any other form of business and youd be redundant by now as the business would have folded!!

Originally Posted by fuzzy
why are you paying to send mail to your own house? couldnt you carry the stuff home?
for me
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:34 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

so with all the resources its not possible to seperate the parcels from the normal mail and send out local parcels in a van just like a courier would do?

Last edited by fuzzy; 07-10-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:35 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Fucking overpaid paperboys.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:37 PM
MJ_RST
PassionFord Regular

I live right in the city centre so shouldnt have any issues!!!

Again what you say is just excuses that do not concern me but your management.

Any other form of business and youd be redundant by now as the business would have folded!!
lol i dont work for royal mail for the record

Just cause you live in the city centre doesnt mean anything, a postie has a certain 'route' to follow, if your at the end of the route, your parcels will be left, simple. You dont carry a parcel the whole way round the route, you deliver the ones closest to the start first.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:37 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

what a twat, youv been told, the postie cant carry your parcels, so go get them, not difficult. Royal mail are not obliged to get the parcel to your door. Hence leaving a note, which tbh i wouldnt even bother leaving you, id just let you wait for weeks ya moaning cunt.

And you try walking miles and miles with a 30kg bag on your back all day, then youl think different. These rules are put in place by the government and health and safety not royal mail themselves. Ass!
again IM THE CUSTOMER you idiot!!! Your now trying to tell me that if a service is paid for then there is NO obligation on the company to deliver on its promise?????? What drugs are you on????

If you went to a restuarant and ordered a steak but repeatedly got a burger, then the restuarant would go bust eventually wouldnt it??? not fucking rocket science!!

If you dont like the job and carrying your bags then fuck off and get another job or whinge to your management!!!
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:40 PM
MJ_RST
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by fuzzy
so with all the resources its not possible to seperate the parcels from the normal mail and send out local parcels in a van just like a courier would do?
Thats what they do. But the amount of parcels received, along with weight and size, along with staff and vans avail limit what is put with the vans.

Also the priority mail/parcels are delivered ASAP (hence the name) those are the ones that need signed for and those are the ones that are taken via van mostly

Its easy to slag off the royal mail when you dont understand the system
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:40 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Just cause you live in the city centre doesnt mean anything, a postie has a certain 'route' to follow, if your at the end of the route, your parcels will be left, simple. You dont carry a parcel the whole way round the route, you deliver the ones closest to the start first.
again why is this MY problem???

If its REALLY that hard to deliver then why do the royal mail not have a map they give to customers saying "address' in this area will NOT recieve parcels ever, you will have to collect from office" and we get a proportionate discount off postage to those address????

Again your just making excuses for a company which is not fulfilling the service paid for.

The excuses do not in any way reduce the validity of my complaint.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:44 PM
MJ_RST
PassionFord Regular

again IM THE CUSTOMER you idiot!!! Your now trying to tell me that if a service is paid for then there is NO obligation on the company to deliver on its promise?????? What drugs are you on????

If you went to a restuarant and ordered a steak but repeatedly got a burger, then the restuarant would go bust eventually wouldnt it??? not fucking rocket science!!

If you dont like the job and carrying your bags then fuck off and get another job or whinge to your management!!!

Dude wing your neck in, i dont even work for royal mail!

They do provide a service, the mail is delivered, al be it to their dorting office but if the posty CANT deliver for reasons said above, what do expect them to do?? what else can they do??

They hold the item for you, they dont charge extra for babysitting the parcel ffs

Do you not think they want to deliver it??!! it makes more work for them as they have to go to your door anyway!

Stop slating the posties, its the government and nanny nation thats creating all these stupid rules and regulations
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:45 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

whats to understand? theyre meant to deliver an item to the address written on it. its not rocket science,your paying a service. how do couriers manage? ive never had a card from a courier company, they always manage to deliver. its easy to make excuses when all your set up to do is find them in the first place.
Puss2
Formerly know as Puss

Just to top it off, of late ive had various parcels delivered (books for uni etc) and on a few occassions ive been in the house when the posty came and got the "sorry you were out" slips in the letter box. Now i assumed i hadnt heard the door bell or he banged on door and i didnt hear it....
I had this but the lazy fooker actually had the parcel in his hand he just walked upto the front door put the card through and walked off

Lucky for me i was just going out the front door asked what the fook he was doing and i got "err thought you might be asleep still" this was at about half 9 in the am
Diamonds.
BANNED

I agree with Warren.

You or whoever it is pays for a service to post your package to YOU/SOMEONE. Hence why it costs more and all that shit. You dont pay for parcels to be posted to the sorting office. Thats fucking gay as it can be. You expect it to go to your property or where it says on the label. Unless you live in fucking Winga Wonga Didgeridoo, Australia and your next door neighbour is 30miles away then thats fair enough.

Yes you could have 1000 parcels in your bag and no one is in but thats tough shit, (dont like it get another job and for the people upstairs what a bunch of cunts get ya hand in your pocket and create more jobs or something) and should be sorted that royal mail use vans to deliver then ur not carrying anything. Cost more yes but losing customers that see you were not in notes but you was will cost even more as custom will go elsewhere.

seriously pathetic
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:46 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Also the priority mail/parcels are delivered ASAP (hence the name) those are the ones that need signed for and those are the ones that are taken via van mostly

Its easy to slag off the royal mail when you dont understand the system
hahahahahahaha

Its pretty obvious that priority mail gets there first. That doesnt excuse 1st/2nd class mail not getting to its destination.

AGAIN people paying postage are paying for a postbox/postoffice to letterbox service not a postbox to sorting depot service!!!!

Quite simply the royal mail is NOT providing the service its paid for.

if it doesnt have enough staff/vans/trains to provide that service then BUY MORE/EMPLOY MORE STAFF.

Its not rocket science. If other delivery companys can provide reliable service for parcels/packets then why cant royal mail????????

in terms of understanding the system as a customer im not required to understand more than the basics of what i can post, where, how much it costs and when it will be delivered!!! how you provide the service is NOT my problem.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:46 PM
MJ_RST
PassionFord Regular

again why is this MY problem???

If its REALLY that hard to deliver then why do the royal mail not have a map they give to customers saying "address' in this area will NOT recieve parcels ever, you will have to collect from office" and we get a proportionate discount off postage to those address????

Again your just making excuses for a company which is not fulfilling the service paid for.

The excuses do not in any way reduce the validity of my complaint.

Its not excuses, its the way it is. Your hardly paying megabucks for the service so your hardly out of pocket ffs

Are you telling me you NEVER get parcels delivered now??
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:47 PM
Rcjm88
Zetec S Owners

You get PAID to do that, its called your job. If you don't like it i'd suggest you're in the wrong career and go get a job you like then!

I'm with Warren, if you're paying for a service and the company isn't even trying to deliver what they should is in my opionion a disgrace. If its a case of a person not being able to carry the items, they should be delivered like other couriers do.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:51 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Dude wing your neck in, i dont even work for royal mail!
Stop standing up for the royal mail then!!!!
They do provide a service, the mail is delivered, al be it to their sorting office but if the posty CANT deliver for reasons said above, what do expect them to do?? what else can they do??
I didnt pay for my parcels to go to the sorting office did i???

I expect the moron management to provide the service paid for. if that means more vans, more posties etc then so be it. If courier companys can manage then so can Royal Mail.
Stop slating the posties, its the government and nanny nation thats creating all these stupid rules and regulations
the same health and safety rules any other parcel/courier company has to follow......... and they manage it.

Stop making excuses for a top heavy inefficient organisation.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:53 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

get back to work and do what you guys do best...stealing the tenners from kids birthdays cards.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:54 PM
MJ_RST
PassionFord Regular

other couriers can afford to do it that way.

How do couriers recieve the mail?? they have them delivered by other couriers from one catchment area to another

Royal mail doesnt need to do this though.

Im not defending the postied 100%, dont get me wrong, of course you get the odd half wit thats shy of work.

Royal mail dont have the outlay to buy more vans or hire more staff.

It would be easy to send every posty out in a van but unfort its not the way.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:54 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Its not excuses, its the way it is. Your hardly paying megabucks for the service so your hardly out of pocket ffs
Royal Mail is similar prices to other couriers so if they can do it why cant royal mail???

in fact many business' get better deals with couriers than royal mail!!!

The cost is fucking irrelevant.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:57 PM
anodised
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

if royal mail was not mostly owned the the government they would have gone bust by now

you dont see DHL on strike every 5 mins do u

i can see where warren is coming from tho
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:58 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Royal mail dont have the outlay to buy more vans or hire more staff.
then they need to put thier prices up to do so dont they then???

And if they cant compete with rival companys doesnt that tell you something????? ie they are not a financially viable business!!!

for a start they need to seperate thier parcels/packets away from the letters side of things if it makes it easier.

Jesus, its not fucking rocket science!!!!!
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:59 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

They are not paid to deliver to the sorting office they are paid to deliver to the door...

If i fix the network in my office but not in the customer thats asked me too i get the SACK..

Why dont the F**king Posties.

There are postman out there that just wanna earn a living but there are a lot of C**ts that dont deserve a job

Sack them all reduce my taxes and then ill pick the F**king Parcel up myself.

Twats....

Rant Over.

Royal mail really pissies me off

Striking Pr**ks

Quick Reply: Royal Mail cheeky c**ts!!!!