General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FREE taxis for drunks!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 01:57 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FREE taxis for drunks!

Anyone else watching this story, it's where I live, and concerns a 1/2 mile stretch of road.
The road has lots of problems come chucking out time, on fridays/saturdays especially, so the "cure" is to reward the drunks with free taxi's home.
The police say it doesn't affect the public purse as the police are paying for it, and the council are paying half, but not the public ?
The local mayor says it is a good idea, as "young ladies when drunk are vulnerable, so need help".
I'm disgusted by it, it is a cover up for the complete lack of policing in this town, we are allocated just 6 hours policing a week officially, despite being 4 times the size of another nearby area which has 7 full time police on duty 24 hrs a day.
A recent/ish event saw 6 cars firebombed( 3 less than 1 year old), the local high school damaged to the tune of £240,000, various other incidents all by 4 people, 2 of whom were on license/parole.
The police took 17 hours to travel 10 miles to even view some damage, let alone catch anybody, but when they were caught, the two offenders that were on parole were convicted and given a comminuty order, not even sent to prison.
Anyone eles's plod this crap ?
This is one of the reasons for the free taxis.
tabetha
Old 07-10-2009, 02:00 PM
natehall
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by tabetha
The local mayor says it is a good idea, as "young ladies when drunk are vulnerable, so need help".
My Response is simple....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/ma...rapist-worboys
Old 07-10-2009, 02:02 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our police staion got shut down. the nearest is 12miles away.

They have 2 police in a shitty office at the back of the town hall for 2 hrs aday.

Them young vunerable drunk girls shouldn't get into that state in the first place
Old 07-10-2009, 02:02 PM
focusjohn
St.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by natehall
Because one person does this doesnt mean the whole trades like that.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:05 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

My response is also simple old enough to drink old enough to do it responsibly, if not get arrested, if there are any police that aren't chasing the motorist for a few £'s that is!
My mates lad has his head smashed through a window in town, very nearly got him dead where the cuts were, but as I said he knows the score and still goes there, I won't let my lad there on fridays or weekends after after around 5pm.
I don't even drive through there anymore.
tabetha
Old 07-10-2009, 02:06 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

I wouldn't mind if a drunk girl wanted to sexually molest me, I wouldn't moan, but can't afford to pay for no kids!!
tabetha
Old 07-10-2009, 02:14 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

They shouldnt go and get themself in a sate like so.

simple as. why put yourself in that position
Old 07-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What town are you in tabetha? sounds nasty
Old 07-10-2009, 02:16 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I dont know the full details of the story, but the theory is there and it sounds like a good idea to me, although i dont think they should be free. theres always problems outside clubs at kicking out time, regardless of where in the country you are. And its more often than not the idiots who hang around late wanting a fight and to cause trouble. Get these people away as fast as possible and your half way there to solving the problem. Still, this is what the police should do to start with but the theory of getting them out the way as fast as possible is the right one. Although it shouldnt really have to get to this stage.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:03 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

A big soundproofed box in each town, chuck all the trouble making piss heads in it at chucking out time, let em out in the morning when they're sober.

I'd be happy to let my council tax go to that!
Old 07-10-2009, 03:10 PM
RigPig
Advanced PassionFord User

I think this is in watton FFS we are having a night on the lash then free taxi home to salhouse
Old 07-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Watton isnt that bad is it..??
Old 07-10-2009, 04:33 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Watton it is, average 5 stabbings a year, bombs being planted in buildings 1 feet from the police station, muggings, fights, the amount of racial tension is beyond belief, sad part is it is NOT the kids it is the parents, and of course this rubs off on the kids.
My friend and her family had to move from the estate after the repeatedly having windows smashed, car damaged, kept parked in front garden, kids being picked on etc, and all because she is portugese, she also works, is a school governor, hubby works, all speak near perfect english, ok she east snails but I forgive her that!!
On my estate of around 200 houses/bungalows there has been in a three month period, just what I personally know of two firebombed cars, 7 accidents hit and run, only damage not injury, at least 20 car break ins, burglaries count 9 that I know of, as well as other stuff broken windows etc, bits of car broken, stolen items, stolen cars number 9 that I am aware of.
Seems a peaceful estate but few get sleep at night, and a select few are very active.
Since x mas I have been threatened 4 times by gangs, a lady got so pissed off with one ringing the old dears bell and running off that she asked me to help.
She has chronic arthritis, her cat has lost an eye after being near kicked to death, witnessed by two "adults" for want of a better word driving by while three lads had the cat by the tail and were beating it.
I was there once putting up a shelf, when I saw the little shit coming down the path, around 17 y/o so I just swung door open and smacked him a few times, I thought once but mabel said 5 or 6 times!!
What is happening it is seriously worrying to me anyway, I couldn't drive by seeing a cat get beaten.
I had a attempted theft on my old sierra saw the little shits, as did two neighbours after I started shouting and they looked out, this was around midnight, but right under a street light, we saw the car they got in , we all gave the same details, it was a very distinctive car, what did plod do, don't know I'm still waiting 6 years later to hear.
GF had someone wallop her car in the high street, smashed her mirror to bits, she was in a stationary que of traffic, got number made complaint, he denied it and said different, but there were witnesses on our side, in front and behind, who we knew as chucking out time from school, he gives totally different version of events to his insurance co, totally contradicting himself, the net result no action against him for perverting the course of justice, we buy a new mirror.
No wonder Watton is becoming known as "attitude city", a neighbours son worries when he visits about his car etc, despite living in brixton!!
tabetha
Old 07-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by wirralphil
Them young vunerable drunk girls shouldn't get into that state in the first place
EXACTLY im fed up with all this "poor vulnerable woman" attitude in this country. Woman really arent all that vulnerable unless they are fucking stupid and allow themselves to be - take some fucking responsibility for your own actions. Dressing and acting like a whore while being semi-concious through drink, walking round with loads of cash, expensive phone, loads of valuables in a hand bag, ALONE down some dark alley late at night..... and you wonder why you get mugged and raped??? hell even most blokes wouldnt go to the same levels of stupidity as that!! (although the risk of rape for blokes is less! - but not zero!).

Sure in an ideal world no one should get attacked but the reality is they do, and theres plenty of advice from the police that reduces the chance of getting attacked to almost zero. You just have to follow the advice.....
Originally Posted by S1rst
I dont know the full details of the story, but the theory is there and it sounds like a good idea to me
I disagree. The effort should be expended on changing the drinking laws and education to stop people feeling the need to get completely wasted all the time. Theres no need to be more than mildly drunk to have a good night out, if you feel the need to get totally hammered, puke, suffer memory loss, shit yourself etc to have a good night out then quite frankly you have a serious alcohol problem!!!!

You will find almost all towns have taxi ranks provided at night to help people get home as well as night buses in bigger towns/citys. the problem is the idiots who cant control thier drinking and thier behaviour.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Rs Cosworth 1
RS for life

Warren FOR once i agree fook me i know lol.

Woman well TBH they wanna get wasted and no idea what is going on around them,Thne TBH bloke's shouldnt rape but woman should not be naive either,
Old 07-10-2009, 05:33 PM
bigal1978
PassionFord Post Troll

Watton it is, average 5 stabbings a year, bombs being planted in buildings 1 feet from the police station, muggings, fights, the amount of racial tension is beyond belief, sad part is it is NOT the kids it is the parents, and of course this rubs off on the kids.
My friend and her family had to move from the estate after the repeatedly having windows smashed, car damaged, kept parked in front garden, kids being picked on etc, and all because she is portugese, she also works, is a school governor, hubby works, all speak near perfect english, ok she east snails but I forgive her that!!
On my estate of around 200 houses/bungalows there has been in a three month period, just what I personally know of two firebombed cars, 7 accidents hit and run, only damage not injury, at least 20 car break ins, burglaries count 9 that I know of, as well as other stuff broken windows etc, bits of car broken, stolen items, stolen cars number 9 that I am aware of.
Seems a peaceful estate but few get sleep at night, and a select few are very active.
Since x mas I have been threatened 4 times by gangs, a lady got so pissed off with one ringing the old dears bell and running off that she asked me to help.
She has chronic arthritis, her cat has lost an eye after being near kicked to death, witnessed by two "adults" for want of a better word driving by while three lads had the cat by the tail and were beating it.
I was there once putting up a shelf, when I saw the little shit coming down the path, around 17 y/o so I just swung door open and smacked him a few times, I thought once but mabel said 5 or 6 times!!
What is happening it is seriously worrying to me anyway, I couldn't drive by seeing a cat get beaten.
I had a attempted theft on my old sierra saw the little shits, as did two neighbours after I started shouting and they looked out, this was around midnight, but right under a street light, we saw the car they got in , we all gave the same details, it was a very distinctive car, what did plod do, don't know I'm still waiting 6 years later to hear.
GF had someone wallop her car in the high street, smashed her mirror to bits, she was in a stationary que of traffic, got number made complaint, he denied it and said different, but there were witnesses on our side, in front and behind, who we knew as chucking out time from school, he gives totally different version of events to his insurance co, totally contradicting himself, the net result no action against him for perverting the course of justice, we buy a new mirror.
No wonder Watton is becoming known as "attitude city", a neighbours son worries when he visits about his car etc, despite living in brixton!!
tabetha

might want to send the troops to your place when they return
Old 07-10-2009, 05:41 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^
Old 07-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

tabetha
And you still live there......

Fook That.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:39 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

but the butchers in the high street does an awesome carvery baguette
Old 07-10-2009, 08:18 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
I disagree. The effort should be expended on changing the drinking laws and education to stop people feeling the need to get completely wasted all the time. Theres no need to be more than mildly drunk to have a good night out, if you feel the need to get totally hammered, puke, suffer memory loss, shit yourself etc to have a good night out then quite frankly you have a serious alcohol problem!!!!
Oh for sure, but all thats been tried before, all the adverts on the tele, changing licence hours ect, and thats done no good at all. The only way to stop it is to have more police out and about and for those police to have the right to be tougher on the trouble causes. Getting the trouble causes out of the way of the every day law obiding man on the street out for a few drinks with his mates, is agood idea on theory. Whether it will work in reality is another story.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:21 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
You will find almost all towns have taxi ranks provided at night to help people get home as well as night buses in bigger towns/citys. the problem is the idiots who cant control thier drinking and thier behaviour.
Yeah and half the time this is where the trouble kicks off, so keeping the idiots away would solve that. I think they should have riot vans patroling up and down scooping them up and sticking them all in one big cell together and let them kick the shit out of each other.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by S1rst
Oh for sure, but all thats been tried before, all the adverts on the tele, changing licence hours ect, and thats done no good at all. The only way to stop it is to have more police out and about and for those police to have the right to be tougher on the trouble causes. Getting the trouble causes out of the way of the every day law obiding man on the street out for a few drinks with his mates, is agood idea on theory. Whether it will work in reality is another story.
no you dont get me. im not just talking a few adverts. Its proper education at a society level that needs to be done. Its attitudes that need to be changed.

if that requires horrendously expensive alcohol to do so (accepting that some innocent people will end up having to pay more when they done nothing wrong - unfortunately this society is so stupid that you need laws to outlaw stupidity) then so be it. Even a complete ban for a few years if it works!!

This country just cant do nothing about it though!!

Im all for a mass prison building program and manadatory short prison sentances for a range of such anti social behaviour type offences. Its clear softly softly doesnt work so all you have left is punishment. If you hurt them enough then eventually in thier tiny little brains they will associate bad behaviour with pain/punishment and change. A cow wont keep walking into electric fence!! if it does you put it down for being demented!! Obviously we cant put humans down but we can have strict punishment and a 3 strikes type law!!

The rehabilitation model of our justice system just doesnt work. too many people are beyond rehabilitation so all that leaves is punishment. The justice system needs to be a combined rehabilitation/proper punishment system!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:23 PM
KregRS
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watton plod are absolutely, without a doubt, fuckin useless.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well i have never experienced Watton on a night out, I have been to the I-tuned place for an open day because my college mate's mate owns it but thats as far as it went!

I have never heard of it being so bad though, sounds 10 times worse than Yarmouth and Lowestoft!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:26 AM
CraigoScott
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

sounds like your town should be flattened and started again, with all the knobs in it when its bombed!