General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

T66 power - super unleaded / solid lifters

Search this Thread

Old 24-10-2006, 08:20 PM
cossiemanden
DANISH cosworth abuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MAD YUM
Originally Posted by cossiemanden
Originally Posted by madevelopments
Sorry about the following but:
Maddevelopments: why all the fuss and why are you defending yourself and your engines like you do in this thread? maybe you DO have something to hide from us?

You are giving yourself a bad rep like that instead of just letting it go, and then letting mike be the one that´s defending himself instead

And mike: look what u have done now, SHAME on you
Maybe you should re read the posts and any of my others, I only make a post like this when someone questions my engines I have nothing to hide hence my offer also do you see any of my cars being slow thought not this proves I am no bullshit merchant

Mark
I have never said that u were an bullshit merchant?
I can understand why people are questioning your engines, they seem to beat everything by miles both on figures and torque wise, BUT instead off blowing up then let your engines show what they are worth?
NOTHING beats the clock

And by the way, i HAVE read all your post
My last engine was proved at Brunters was runing about 430bhp and if you look in my sig your see what it done and yes running 4x4 transmission. My new engine is in and we have had that dynoed but some belive the figures to be untrue. So when its back and running Performance Ford have agreed to get YUM timed again. So watch this space
Yes i have the feature with that run, nice one
I´m looking forward to se the feature with it, and if people belives the figures are untrue, SO WHAT?
Set them straight on the track instead
Btw. have followed your car from the start, looks pretty awsome, good luck with it
Old 24-10-2006, 08:22 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Maddevelopments: why all the fuss and why are you defending yourself and your engines like you do in this thread? maybe you DO have something to hide from us?

You are giving yourself a bad rep like that instead of just letting it go, and then letting mike be the one that´s defending himself instead

This is what makes me laugh sometimes on here. One person from MAD camp (me) asks Mike who I get on well with why a car with 600 + bhp makes a low torque figure. Simple question, but its now turned into bandwagon jumpers who are insistent that MAD are slagging off other tuners and having to defend MAD. The question about torque come from me, not from Mark himself as I have an interest in engines and how they perform. I can assure you MAD have nothing to hide as has been proven many times
This is not because of me this has happend, i dont know either mike or MAD, so this is not a dig at the "MAD CAMP"
I have only writen how this looks like from the "outside", still not saying that MAD hides ANYTHING, just this "MAD CAMP" against the rest is pretty sad

Where on this thread is it MAD CAMP againt the rest
Old 24-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cossie Helen
Originally Posted by r5jame5
the car only as fast as the driver .never seen a maddevelopments car out on track only heard about the straight liners .

Kev Atkins with his MAD Evo does a lot of track days, been out with him at Brunters, excellent driver !!
Kevs has had a 2nd & a 3rd at Totb handling I believe.
Old 24-10-2006, 08:26 PM
r5jame5
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by MADRod
the car only as fast as the driver .never seen a maddevelopments car out on track only heard about the straight liners .

Kev Atkins with his MAD Evo does a lot of track days, been out with him at Brunters, excellent driver !!
i ment a cossie. only out of interest just wondered what cossies from the mad crew do track day not having a dig
Old 24-10-2006, 08:26 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Rod,

It doesnt matter what you say mate. Its MAD CAMP against the wrold according to some on here
Old 24-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Old 24-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Anonymous
Banned

I can understand why people are questioning your engines, they seem to beat everything by miles both on figures and torque wise, BUT instead off blowing up then let your engines show what they are worth?
NOTHING beats the clock

Um!! Where you been hiding the MAD boys are always willing to do battle, wish I was at the Daddy thrash to do battle, but maybe Ade can still do the biz.
Old 24-10-2006, 08:34 PM
r5jame5
BANNED
BANNED

not everyones against the mad crew just interested in what other tuners do
Old 24-10-2006, 08:36 PM
cossiemanden
DANISH cosworth abuser

This is what makes me laugh sometimes on here. One person from MAD camp (me) asks Mike who I get on well with why a car with 600 + bhp makes a low torque figure. Simple question, but its now turned into bandwagon jumpers who are insistent that MAD are slagging off other tuners and having to defend MAD. The question about torque come from me, not from Mark himself as I have an interest in engines and how they perform. I can assure you MAD have nothing to hide as has been proven many times
This is not because of me this has happend, i dont know either mike or MAD, so this is not a dig at the "MAD CAMP"
I have only writen how this looks like from the "outside", still not saying that MAD hides ANYTHING, just this "MAD CAMP" against the rest is pretty sad

JESUS Rich, READ what i write instead of interprate it your own way!
How about this: This lookes like "My dad is bigger then your dad, and can beat him ANY time" kindergarden time.
Old 24-10-2006, 08:38 PM
r5jame5
BANNED
BANNED

i would like to have a play with a few of them out on track to see what they really go like never really had any experiences with them .
Old 24-10-2006, 08:40 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

How about this: This lookes like "My dad is bigger then your dad, and can beat him ANY time" kindergarden time.
I did read what you wrote and i quoted it. you said "MAD CAMP" against the rest is pretty sad and im saying where on this thread have you seen that? Simple really
Old 24-10-2006, 08:41 PM
cossiemanden
DANISH cosworth abuser

NOTHING beats the clock

Um!! Where you been hiding the MAD boys are always willing to do battle, wish I was at the Daddy thrash to do battle, but maybe Ade can still do the biz.
It´s a little hard to see those races from where i live, and not everything is posted in here rod
Old 24-10-2006, 08:44 PM
cossiemanden
DANISH cosworth abuser

I did read what you wrote and i quoted it. you said "MAD CAMP" against the rest is pretty sad and im saying where on this thread have you seen that? Simple really
Pardon for my bad english then
Old 24-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

CossieRich

This thread remins me of these two, all the taking over the world stuff

Old 24-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

LOL! at the MADRod sig
Old 24-10-2006, 08:57 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

will you all grow up for fuck sake, Im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad im not a RS owner no more for this very reason.

Really really childish by certain members who should know better. Lets pass a micrometer round for round 2, Cock measuring
Old 24-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

There's nothing wrong with a bit of friendly banter and competition
Old 24-10-2006, 09:39 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Pardon for my bad english then
No problem mate
Old 24-10-2006, 09:41 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

CossieRich

This thread remins me of these two, all the taking over the world stuff

rofl
Old 24-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Danny@RADesigns
will you all grow up for fuck sake, Im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad im not a RS owner no more for this very reason.

Really really childish by certain members who should know better. Lets pass a micrometer round for round 2, Cock measuring
Leave it out this is the best thread for a long time, its Banter, the Tuner wars reborn & I thought MAD had won that a long time ago, still little uprisings that have to be crushed though. .
I can hear Mike saying to Harvey, maybe they dont fudge those Torque figures, surely Mark aint that much better. Sorry Mike he is .
Old 24-10-2006, 10:19 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Rod you make the whole MAD camp look as stupid as Dingy used to make Karl look

Any chance you can up with all this MAD is best shit. They all perform well, MAD cars and NMS, Harvey Gibbs, Julian Godfrey etc etc, plus countless others that dont come on this one website. You know Harveys engines all perform well so leave it there, look at Rainbummers car, there isnt a better road going cossie.

The differences may well be more with the customers personalities, wallets and requirements than anything else

You coould say MAD is shit and Julian Godfrey makes the best engines seeing as all the huge power Norweigen cossies seem to like Julian Godfrey. But like I said the differences aremost likely with the customers

Have a pleasant evening boys
Old 24-10-2006, 10:37 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i
Rod you make the whole MAD camp look as stupid as Dingy used to make Karl look

Any chance you can up with all this MAD is best shit. They all perform well, MAD cars and NMS, Harvey Gibbs, Julian Godfrey etc etc, plus countless others that dont come on this one website. You know Harveys engines all perform well so leave it there, look at Rainbummers car, there isnt a better road going cossie.

The differences may well be more with the customers personalities, wallets and requirements than anything else

You coould say MAD is shit and Julian Godfrey makes the best engines seeing as all the huge power Norweigen cossies seem to like Julian Godfrey. But like I said the differences aremost likely with the customers

Have a pleasant evening boys
Matt,

You are right, they all do perform well, just MAd's perform better than the others. Please take this in the spirit its meant as well. Just a laugh
Old 24-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Cor fucking hell, what a read, lol

For Rich:

TORQUE AND BHP

The relationship between them is RPM

If you have two engines:
Tuner A) 400lbft 600bhp
Tuner B) 600lbft 400bhp

You could look at that and say:
"Tuner A is shit, his 600bhp engine doesnt have as much torque as Tuner B gets from a 400bhp engine"

BUT you could also look at it as:
"Tuner B is shit, his 600lbft engine doesnt have as much power as Tuner B gets from a 400lbft engine"

Which is better?

Apples and oranges mate, it depends on what its for.

You can either look at Mark as somone who makes a lot of torque from a 500bhp engine, or you can look at him as someone who doesnt make much power from a 500lbft engine, both are potentially valid statements
Old 24-10-2006, 11:12 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

any body fancy a curry
Old 24-10-2006, 11:21 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I`m with you Ranj....
Old 24-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Barry_GTi
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by RANJ
any body fancy a curry
Lamb Bhoona, Rice and a nan bread thanks!! Oh and Pakora to start
Old 25-10-2006, 06:58 AM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by RANJ
any body fancy a curry
you fat coont.....you always got food on your mind! Call me when you get a chance.
Old 25-10-2006, 07:02 AM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by chip-3door

For Rich:

TORQUE AND BHP

If you have two engines:
Tuner A) 400lbft 600bhp
Tuner B) 600lbft 400bhp

"Tuner A is shit, his 600bhp engine doesnt have as much torque as Tuner B gets from a 400bhp engine"

"Tuner B is shit, his 600lbft engine doesnt have as much power as Tuner B gets from a 400lbft engine"

Which is better?

You can either look at Mark as somone who makes a lot of torque from a 500bhp engine, or you can look at him as someone who doesnt make much power from a 500lbft engine, both are potentially valid statements
Valid until you look at the size of the turbos used then that get thrown out the window as my 500ftlb engines only have 520ish hp turbo's

Mark
Old 25-10-2006, 07:20 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by chip-3door

For Rich:

TORQUE AND BHP

If you have two engines:
Tuner A) 400lbft 600bhp
Tuner B) 600lbft 400bhp

Which is better?

Chip,

Only just read your reply. thanks for taking the time to write it I agree with what you say, however we are talking about a T66 turbo here which at a peak of 2.3 bar as per the graph should piss past 500 lb/ft. All i wanted to know was why it didnt do this, but because i am part of MAD camp i must have a hidden agenda and i must also be rubbishing and be-littling other tuners, but Mike knows im not as he knows me im sure it does make a good read though
Old 25-10-2006, 07:49 AM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

same ole same ole with the same old people i see
Old 25-10-2006, 07:56 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Hello Pops. Hows things? Hope im not included in your above comment
Old 25-10-2006, 08:03 AM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

hey rich, yeah good here mate, must get round to putting up some pics when i have the time to go take some, living 70 yards to the beach and 50 to the lakes takes some beating.
didnt see any digs from you mate
Old 25-10-2006, 08:06 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by POPEYE
hey rich, yeah good here mate, must get round to putting up some pics when i have the time to go take some, living 70 yards to the beach and 50 to the lakes takes some beating.
didnt see any digs from you mate
To say im jealous is an understatement. Sounds lush. And yes get some pics up as well all want to turn green with envy
Old 25-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please point out where I have said MAD "fudge" the torque figures?

I was just pointing out how critical the temperature correction figure is. I never said that MAD did this deliberately (although I know some people who DO do this). All I was pointing out was that UNLESS the two dynos are set up absolutely IDENTICALLY, you WILL get differences / anomallies. That is a FACT. You can bleat about it all you like, but you KNOW its true. Also, as you know it affects the torque correction more than the power. Is there any of the above you would disagree with? Are you actually telling me that all engine dynos read the same irrespective of how they are set up or where they take their temperature correction from?

I can't believe this has turned into a them and us situation (although I shouldn't have been surprised I suppose ), Rich asked the question, and I answered it honestly and in my opinion from what I have seen of engine dynos (and given the fact that Simon's is identical to Harvey's) and the fact that the temperature is never shown, given, or even seem to be known .

Could you also please advise your reluctance to place an engine on Harvey's dyno for comparison? I can understand you not being interested or keen, but to state that it would never happen is somewhat odd given your view that you are convinced that Simon's is set up identically to Harveys?

I would also point out that even now, Harvey is learning things about his dyno, so to state that Simon knows EVERYTHING there is to know about it after only a few years is a little presumptuous. However, please understand this:

1. I don't doubt for a minute Simon's / Mark's / Rod's integrity.
2. I do not think the figures are being "fudged".
3. I am NOT trying to steal business from Mark (in fact I POINT PEOPLE IN MARKS DIRECTION if they are located in his area ).

The ONLY thing I do think is that the dyno is set up slightly differently and gives different readings.

Mark suggested A.N. Other dyno. I would agree if it was the Mountune one (or the Ford one at Dunton (sp?)), as I know that these have been set up in accordance with SAE recommendations (as REQUIRED by Ford) and Harvey had to do the same thing when he did the Puma Racing engines (and he has always since stuck to this set up). This allows for repeatability and the torque / power readings between these dynos is accurate to less than 1bhp between each other.

Feel free to turn this into something it isn't though (hey Rod ).
Old 25-10-2006, 08:32 AM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

your to calm for your own good at times mike,lol
Old 25-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

That's because I am at peace with my inner-self .
Old 25-10-2006, 08:50 AM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
That's because I am at peace with my inner-self .
ie, you have had your bottom ribs removed and can suck your own cock
Old 25-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

It didn't require the ribs being removed, I just have a big cock .
Old 25-10-2006, 08:59 AM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

they say all the ugly blokes have big cocks

god i wish i was ugly sometimes

Quick Reply: T66 power - super unleaded / solid lifters