General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Scooby drivers

Search this Thread

Old 28-07-2004, 08:41 PM
starturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooby drivers

Is it me or do all scooby drivers think theyre invincible?There I was on my Honda CBR1000 ridin along a 5 mile long straight road when this to*ser decided to try and do me.He had a head start but anyway i caught him up and we were both doin about 130 mph.As soon as I got behind him guess what he does?Bangs his brakes on heavily.Obviously felt a prat as he had a teenage bird in the car and had probably been gobbin off as to how he nails every one.Just got out from behind him and thank god nowt was comin the other way.I gave a few hand gestures in the hope he would stop in the next village as I stopped in anticipation.I wanted desperately to kick the sh*t out of him for being a wan*er.he didnt though.Got his number so I seriously hope he stays away.
Old 28-07-2004, 08:44 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

no a good thing to do....slams on.

Dave.
Old 28-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Dee
Part of the Furniture

I hate people that do things like that, and it's not just scooby drivers although I'd have to agree that a lot of scooby drivers do drive like idiots, it gives the others a bad name
Old 28-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Not just Scooby driver there are drivers like that of just about any car. Well apart from Rover 25's as they don't go that quick cos the travel rug falls off the parcel shelf

Scooby drivers do seem to beleive their own bullshit about how invincible their cars are. Had a mate tell me a 350bhp Imprezz would nail Mr Hadlands Cossie Dream on!!!

BMW drivers also suffer with this as they expect their 316 to out power your Cossie
Old 28-07-2004, 10:20 PM
stevo

so u didnt beat him??
Old 28-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

You'll find that evo drivers on the other hand are nice people
Old 28-07-2004, 10:34 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ
Actually you're not wrong there I haven't come across a wanky Evo driver. Bikers are always good as well actually providing you're not stupid with them. Had a few good tear ups with bikes and never once had a bad response from the riders. They just don't take kindly to dangerous driving which is fair enough.
Old 28-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

[quote="Oranoco"]
Originally Posted by AJ
Actually you're not wrong there quote] Thankyou mate
Old 28-07-2004, 10:45 PM
RSrussell
PassionFord Post Whore!!

When someone sits up my arse for no fookin reason i also hit the brakes HARD
Old 28-07-2004, 10:53 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 104 Likes on 96 Posts

RSrussell,

have you never thought it because your in the FOOKIN WAY !!
Old 28-07-2004, 10:56 PM
RSrussell
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by markk
RSrussell,

have you never thought it because your in the FOOKIN WAY !!
erm no not on a single lane road what do you want me to do, pullover into the bushes

Go round me if you have to, not into my fookin boot

Also on a dual carriage way if i'm overtaking, do you really think i'm gonna pull over sharpish just because your doing 160mph+, erm NO, infact i'll hang onto the outside lane even more if ya sit on my ass
Old 28-07-2004, 11:12 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Old 28-07-2004, 11:47 PM
weegaz22
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Oranoco
They just don't take kindly to dangerous driving which is fair enough.
no, we certainley dont, as i can tend to kill us ive had a race with a tuned scooby a few months ago on an empty motorway, i came on the slip road at about 60 and we both looked at each other and went for it, i pulled ahead quite a bit up until the 110-120 mark where my bike started to run out of puff then he started to gain and crawled past me at 135 at which point i backed off as my backpack was trying to pull me off the bike

we both turned off at the same sliproad and he went a seperate direction from me, he waved at me i waved at him , then we both went on different directions
Old 28-07-2004, 11:52 PM
RSrussell
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by weegaz22
we both turned off at the same sliproad and he went a seperate direction from me, he waved at me i waved at him , then we blew each other a kiss
Old 28-07-2004, 11:54 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Please...... The amount of times some arse on a bike has come past me on a single lane road doing 3 figure speeds............. Bikers aren't all gods you know. Infact, bikers really get on my tits, sorry lads, I know you all complain that we don't look out for you, but we can't see you when your rate of closure is 100+ mph......
Old 28-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by RSrussell
we both turned off at the same sliproad and he went a seperate direction from me, he waved at me i waved at him , then we blew each other a kiss
And they both lived happily ever after
Old 28-07-2004, 11:59 PM
weegaz22
PassionFord Regular

Old 29-07-2004, 12:05 AM
weegaz22
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Rab
Please...... The amount of times some arse on a bike has come past me on a single lane road doing 3 figure speeds............. Bikers aren't all gods you know. Infact, bikers really get on my tits, sorry lads, I know you all complain that we don't look out for you, but we can't see you when your rate of closure is 100+ mph......
im not saying that every biker is a "safe" rider, but car drivers also have a different perception of what can appear to look like a dangerous move, when in fact its perfectly safe, im sure that most of the bikers on here will know what im on about
as with most things speed is only dangerous in the wrong enviroment ie busy motorway etc
Old 29-07-2004, 12:11 AM
datar18
Advanced PassionFord User

i must admit, when ya have a decent tear with a motorbike whilst in a car the biker ALWAYS gives ya the thumbs up at the end!!

whether he lost or won always gives the thumbs up in appreciation. but if that was someone else in, say a scooby, he would most prob stick his finger up or just blatantly ignore you cos you just raped the shit out of his 'invincible' suburu impreza!!
Old 29-07-2004, 04:53 AM
starturbo

Stevo,yeah I did nail him at about 135 mph.Still had loads of top end on him.RS Russell,It was an A road mate and I wasnt sat in his boot either.He knew what he was takin on and as far as I am concerned he was just a bad loser.I always give the thumbs up if someone is sensible but slammin on at that speed was idiotic.Probably his dads car eh.I reckon he must have dropped his malteser behind his seat and was tryin to get it or he realised he had left his durex at home.When on the bike I can usually spot the idiot before i get him.Half of em have got the stereo so loud they wouldnt hear you smackin theyre door mirror off.
Old 29-07-2004, 05:57 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

the problem being is to be a car driver it takes a slight amount of skill, to be able to ride a bike takes a lot more than your average muppet car driver , and no im not saying all bike riders are the dogs bollox and everyone should move out of the way , because there are the 'dickheads' of the bike world just as there are in the car world , and if your solution to the fact that someone on two wheels can make better ground than you can so you have to jump on the brakes when there behind you then i feel sorry for you that you fall into that category , i too drive a car , and yes i too get overtaken , and yes i too race bikes/fast cars on all differant types of roads when the chance/circumstance is safe for me to do, but just because im about to be past by them or i dont like how close to me they get , then the most dangerous thing to do would be to brake as hard as i poss can , how fookin stupid what are you trying to achieve ? to cause a fatal crash would that suit ya ? or just poss some lost limbs ? or maybe just permanent brain damage ?

lets put it this way , i hope i dont have the misfortune of comeing up behind you when im on my bike and for you to 'brake test' me , and lets hope that you dont have the misfortune of carrying out such a stunt on the likes of me
Old 29-07-2004, 06:04 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Default Re: Scooby drivers

Originally Posted by starturbo
Is it me or do all scooby drivers think theyre invincible?
Nope, it's you.

You're on a Ford bulletin board, so of course all scooby drivers must be wankers, whereas pikey 18 year olds in their piece of shit RS Turbos are gods of the road
Old 30-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree that scooby drivers do think there the daddy on the road. they sound nice but getting way to common, but so do little shitbags in the 1.1 cars too. ive seen them fly past my turbo trying to race so i dont just to annoy them. but you know there be like i beat a turbo in my 1.1 rust popular. and there is always the gumbo in the back that has to look back at ya seeing what your doing but all u can see is his dodgy burberry peak sticking out at a dodgy right angle. twats and as for the hayez squad............... i give up

ps its true evo drivers do take it easy
Old 30-07-2004, 06:31 AM
Phil
Jeebus

Anyone who slams their brakes on like that is a TWAT

No matter what car they are in!
Old 30-07-2004, 07:07 AM
starturbo

Default Re: Scooby drivers

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Originally Posted by starturbo
Is it me or do all scooby drivers think theyre invincible?
Nope, it's you.

You're on a Ford bulletin board, so of course all scooby drivers must be wankers, whereas pikey 18 year olds in their piece of shit RS Turbos are gods of the road
I would gladly go to a scooby bulletin board and say the same thing m8.One thing i dont consider myself is invincible.Not with the amount of idiots on the road now.Half the people i pass (on the bike) have a bloody mobile phone to their ear.Try passin your bike test and ride around a bit and you will see what i mean.I have had RS turbo mk1/2 and cossies for 18 years so I am a little older than 18 and my RS is far from a peice of shit.I do realise that its not the quickest thing on the road and use it accordingly.I dont need to buy a scooby coz everyone else has one and i am quite happy with my ego the way it is so i guess i wont be tradin the rs in for a scooby just yet.
Old 30-07-2004, 11:22 AM
McPikie
Banned

I used to love having rips with bikers in my cossie and especially in the Van. It used to really suprise them at 140, still hanging on in there behind them

Always got the thumbs up, never had a bad thing to say about a biker.
Old 30-07-2004, 12:21 PM
mattL
Virgin

my dad and his mates in their bikes and they raced a cossie up a dual carriage way at bout 150, he werent giving up tho, tried givin them a good spankin at the roundabout before they hammered past him.
Old 30-07-2004, 12:32 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

I wasn't referring to you as far as piece of shit RS Turbos etc go.............

I was simply pointing out the irony.

From the perspective of someone who worked in the tuning industry, I found scooby drivers FAR more mature, and nicer people than most Ford owners.
Old 30-07-2004, 04:54 PM
starturbo

Ok Richard.point taken but all i can say is try and climb on a bike sometime even on the back and see how different they are/act.Theyre probably nice coz your tunin theyre beloved penile extension and theyre slobberin at the thought of blowin an even bigger percentage of the motoring population away..They aint so nice when your on a bike humiliating them.Ive had them givin me the finger just coz I made the mistake of overtakin them.
Old 30-07-2004, 11:38 PM
RSrussell
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by markk
and yes i too race bikes/fast cars on all differant types of roads when the chance/circumstance is safe for me to do, but just because im about to be past by them or i dont like how close to me they get , then the most dangerous thing to do would be to brake as hard as i poss can , how fookin stupid
racing a bike in my renault diesel, hardly likely

a bike sitting on my arse whilst I'M driving sensibly, very likely and very fookin annoying.

fair do's if i was in my cossie (hardly likely though ) but in a laguna 2.2D, whats the fookin point
It's a bit like sitting right up the arse of a metro 1.1 in my cossie. (which i don't do btw as the stone chips aren't any good for the paintwork. )

If you drive like a prick on your bike and sit up everyones arse itching for them to move out the way/speed up, so you can drive carelessly, thats your death wish, i'm merely aiding you to achieve it quicker

Good night
Old 30-07-2004, 11:58 PM
weegaz22
PassionFord Regular

If you drive like a prick on your bike and sit up everyones arse itching for them to move out the way/speed up, so you can drive carelessly, thats your death wish, i'm merely aiding you to achieve it quicker
Good night
^^^typical car driver statement^^^

maybe its down to the fact that some arseholes sit in the outside lane at 65-70mph when the other 2 lanes are empty?...most drivers have no sence of lane discipline, it seem to be just pick a lane and stay there which pisses me right off, if your going slower than someone else why not just move the fuck over??

oh thats right you cant because you are too busy talking on the phone to watch the traffic around you...
Old 30-07-2004, 11:59 PM
Dee
Part of the Furniture

Hey you lot, I drive a scooby and I'm not a horrible person etc, if I've had a bit of a play with another car I usually say thanks and give them the thumbs up, please don't tar us all with the same brush.
Old 31-07-2004, 12:05 AM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

do peeps not like scooby's on here??
Old 31-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Dee
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by mattbibs
do peeps not like scooby's on here??
I think that it's the thing, if you have a scoob you should hate cossies, and if you have a cossie you should hate scoobs, it shouldn't really be like this.

A guy who used to have a cossie asked me for a drive of my scoob, I handed him the keys and he took it for a spin, it nearly killed him to say that he loved driving it and at every opportunity he has had he's driven it, don't knock them unless you've tried them is what I say.
Old 31-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe its down to the fact that some arseholes sit in the outside lane at 65-70mph when the other 2 lanes are empty?...most drivers have no sence of lane discipline, it seem to be just pick a lane and stay there which pisses me right off, if your going slower than someone else why not just move the fuck over??
true on the lane bit but 70 mph is the speed limit .. if you have a problem with people doing the limit then you had best think again on your attitude

i drive a van for my job and always move over as much as possible to let bikes through on a motorway or normal road... dont take much to just raise ya hand and say thanks ... alot do but most dont..

you get the middle laners... thats the only lane they use... you overtake them cos they get stuck behid something slow ..then they speed up and sit behind you only overtaking when you pull back into lane 1 ..

then you get the outside lane twat that has to sit as close to the armco as possible then moves back in and out just to say im here.. move .. erm no .. i will move when i have overtaken thanks ..

or the idiot that has to be travelling at close to the sped of light.. you have to pull out to overtake , but his closing speed is rapidly out accelerating the atom ... what can you do .. sit behind the slower vehicle ?? as the other 30 reps come storming past at the same speed not letting you out???? or pull out and hope that they have the brain cell to actually think about slowing down... its not my fault you have had to slow down from breaking the sound barrier, flashing your lights wont help mate i cant do more than 70

i dont appreciate any driver or rider sat up my arse ... for one thing it WILL never make me go faster.. the closer a bike sits to the back of my van the less chance i have of seeing him in my side mirrors

and yes i have been on a bike ... rider and passenger ... its not an easy life for bikers but sometimes they do not help in their own situation. the one reason i drive a car and not ride, is i know that i would either be banned or seriously injured within a month of getting a bike.

phew .. waiting with flame suit on now
Old 31-07-2004, 07:40 AM
starturbo

Eagle,the whole point of this thread was purely to point out that firstly whilst racing a scooby at 130 mph he decided to brake test me when I caught him up.I wasnt sat there for ages nor was I struggling but with out warning he just slammed on.There was nothing else on the road just him and me oh and his ego which quickly diminished.Secondly I wanted to point out that I commute daily and the distance is about 150 miles a day sometimes in my series 2 and sometimes on my bike.Putting thes amount of miles in each week you tend to notice that its always the same type of vehicle that races off in a deliberate attempt to coax you into a race.Often I dont bite but on the odd occasion I do.I know this sounds arrogant and I am not foolish to think that there is no quicker as i am sure there is but I aint lost one yet but that day will surely come(On the bike of course)So I have observed that 8 out of 10 scoobys will have a go at you.It happens to me regularly.There are other cars as well.BMW X5,Range rovers to name a few but not all of them.I find it impossible to think that anyone in a car thinks they have a serious chance of "doin" a bike coz theres too much bloody congestion for a start.Have fun m8
Old 31-07-2004, 08:27 AM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

i have no problem with subaru drivers , after all its just another performance car !! if they wernt around we would all be driving the same makee/model - BOREING !! so good on em , cant really be doing with this 'them cars are shit attitude' with no good reasoning ! , if i dont like a car in particularly its because of difficulty in repairs or bad driving position
Old 31-07-2004, 08:31 AM
Phil
Jeebus

Don't get me started on lane discipline

If anyone else here has the misfortune of often travelling on the motorways on Sunday evenings frequently you will have seen just how bad it gets! So bad infact I think i'm going to start a "Sunday Undertaking Club" In the space of 100 miles I frequently find that I have had to undertake 30+ people in order to make any progress! And then some of them have the cheek to start flashing you for doing it

Did you know that it is not actually illegal to undertake, only if the Police deem it to be dangerous.

Russell, you seem to have the wrong idea about people sitting on yur arse end. It doesn't always mean they want to race you! For instance, on the motorway, if someone pulls into the fast lane doing 70 mph overtaking a truck, they might be inclined to go slightly faster whilst overtaking as not to slow other drivers down if there is someone obviously wanting to get past. I also feel it shows to other drivers behind yourself that you are just as intent on passing the car in front as they are at getting past you!

Eagle, I personally have no problems with people wanting to go as fast as they like on the motorway, and the average road speed these days is creeping well over 80!
Old 31-07-2004, 10:24 AM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

having read both sides of the argument i just think a little courtesy is needed.

sometimes i'm the driver cruising at 70 & don't take kindly to people storming up behind you & flashing their lights!

other times i don't mind stretching my legs a bit. but as i'm the one breaking the speed limits it's up to me to second guess what the other traffic is about to do! i don't mind letting people out into the fast lane even when i'm on a speed mission!

i always try to show a bit of courtesy in the vain hope people might start to return the favour one day!
Old 31-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Chipperx2
Advanced PassionFord User

The best crack is when you annoy a Vauxhall drive, Theres a guy stays near me who drives a 04 plate astra coupe obv thinks its the fastest car ever , drove righgt up my arse and he couldn't overtake . But then when he wentn to overtake I hit the gas lol and eft him in the dust tehn I slowed down again and he was shaking his head and givin me hand gestures, I know its illegal to speed up when being pvertaken but its funny as fook