Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Will Mk1 FRS turbo bits fit Silvertop Zetec?

Search this Thread

Old 28-05-2012, 04:47 PM
THOR
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Mk1 FRS turbo bits fit Silvertop Zetec?

Hi, I need advice and for someone to confirm if the Mk1 FRS turbo parts like Manifold, intercooler and all the turbo parts will fit a Silvertop 2.0 Zetec? This is for my ZT conversion. I know its been done to the 2.0 Blacktop unit, Ideally I would just buy a FRS lump and bolt my turbo parts to that as factory but they are a bit deer. Will I have to drop a Blacktop in there instead?

I have pretty much everything ready for the conversion such as decomp plates, Management and downpipe ect.

Cheers.
Old 28-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Adam31
Waiting on my fast ford..

The manifolds, turbo, inj etc will all fit no problem. Straight swap, I have them on a silvertop in a mk3 fiesta.

I am sure you will need to fit a 2 part sump from the blacktop to use the standard FRS downpipe but you may need to confirm that.

The intercooler/charge cooler setup may fit depends on what car it is going into?probably better to upgrade to a proper air to air intercooler and custom pipes etc.
Old 28-05-2012, 05:21 PM
THOR
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by Adam31
The manifolds, turbo, inj etc will all fit no problem. Straight swap, I have them on a silvertop in a mk3 fiesta.

I am sure you will need to fit a 2 part sump from the blacktop to use the standard FRS downpipe but you may need to confirm that.

The intercooler/charge cooler setup may fit depends on what car it is going into?probably better to upgrade to a proper air to air intercooler and custom pipes etc.
Thanks for the quick reply, well I have the Milltek FRS downpipe, which will need a little fabbing to fit properly, all of the FRS parts that I have came from a Mondeo Mk2 project with the 2.0 Blacktop unit, it will be going into My Mk1 Mondeo with the Silvertop unit, so almost like for like, I am looking to use the Fez RS1800 HO inlet. I have a decat too but that will be fitted just before the remap.

I have two injection rails with injectors from the FRS (one spare) and hope its not to much of a pita to fit?