Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

2009 Electric White Facelift ST (15/11/12 Engine Bufty)

Search this Thread

Old 24-06-2012 | 09:15 AM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

that looks a minter mate ,interior looks really good
Old 27-06-2012 | 02:09 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED

Originally Posted by pani_k
As a daily, if you can live with the mpg, they are absolutely spot on!

As a guide going off the trip comp (which is actually wrong most of the time as I calculate a variation of 5-10% from my mathematical workings), I use the North Circular from Great Cambridge Roundabout all the way up to Park Royal (just before Hanger Lane) and if it is flowing smoothly it does 26mpg.

Last couple of weeks someone let a few morons out of a nearby loony house and caused untold misery to thousands (Henly's Corner lights packed up and someone broke down in Chingford causing MASSIVE tailbacks of traffic doing 3-5mph and yesterday someone managed to flip a van and bring downa lampost and blocked 2 lanes of Henly's Corner). It has gone down as little as 19mpg. Stop start traffic usually sees about 22mpg.
20odd MPG, I could live with that I think... North Circ is the most soul destroying road at the best of times, I used to drive a 1.1 106 when I worked in Wembley for all the nutters & traffic

I was looking at E39 M5s but the MPG & maintenance would be a stinger on a daily, STs are great money now & insurance isn't too bad.
Old 28-06-2012 | 12:02 PM
PileOfRust
Advanced PassionFord User

very nice car mate, really like the st's!

numberplate is cool as well fuck you! i'll get me coat...
Old 29-07-2012 | 03:34 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

So after accumulating above parts, it was off to my mates garage to get them fitted! Had Mongoose Cat-Back, Airtec Gen 3, Wolf WR-ST CAIS and Powerflex Bushes installed in the lower torque mount. Gear changes now feel solid like there is no play at all, nice and slick. Exhaust if I am perfectly honest is a bit quieter than I had hoped but does make a decent amount of noise without being too intrusive, but would've like something a bit meatier. But I'm still very happy with it all! Some pics from the day and random shots:

Loving the car more and more, such an amazing package and couldn't really ask for more from it.

Next logical steps in tuning would be sports cat and downpipe but these I will leave for a much later date if at all. Also the CAIS body I may wrap in carbon or respray half and wrap the other half in carbon I don't know because I bought it second hand in decent enough condition although few scrapes and I reckon it could do with tarting up. Also waiting to see what RSPartsDist new front splitter will look like as that may go on it.
Old 29-07-2012 | 05:31 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The exhaust will get a but louder in time. My scorpion was fairly quiet at first.
Old 29-07-2012 | 08:15 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Looks very smart mate! I'm after the new splitter too for mine, not sure when they are being released though? I know the pre facelift is supposed to be done by Ford Fair and the facelift is going into production soon after.
Old 30-07-2012 | 06:50 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Carlos, it is getting slightly deeper I reckon!

Richie, think the pre facelift is out already?! Facelift coming out at Ford Fair pictures of it to be released end of this week apparently.
Old 30-07-2012 | 09:43 AM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Just found this from the guy's thread on the STOC.

The first ones produced will be for the pre-facelift as there have been so many sold that are damaged by speedhumps etc. However a new one for the facelift will follow shortly.

They are both in development. But its simply down to numbers why the pre-facelift is the priority. With a bit of luck they should both be available for Fordfair. However I do not want to promise something I cannot be 100% sure of.

Think it's bizarre how many people on there are happy to hand over the Ł90 without even seeing it though!
Old 30-07-2012 | 09:46 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Bit like the Jamsport block mod Although at least there will be pictures released of what they will both look like prior to gong on sale at Ford Fair.
Old 30-07-2012 | 09:49 AM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Haha good old Scamsport
Old 22-08-2012 | 11:39 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Well after coming back from hols and observing the weather wasn’t all too bad, last Sunday finally decided to try out the Werkstat stuff I bought from polished bliss.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...-kit-cat1.html

Products used on the car:

Meguiars Hyper Wash
Werkstat Prime
Werkstat Acrylic Jett
Werkstat Acrylic Gloss
Meguiars Endurance Tyre Spray
Autosol Metal Polish

Blackberry was all I had to hand at the time hence you can’t see the true shine of the paint in the sun and the pearl but hopefully you get the idea.

All were applied by hand, panel by panel in 3 stages. Next time I’m getting a machine polisher to do it all as it my arms felt like they were going to fall off after doing a 3 stage prep, polish and seal! On my old Focus I used to use Poorboys to prepare the paint and Meguiars Mirror Glaze Carnuba Wax to finish off. This Werkstat stuff was pretty expensive although not the most expensive stuff on their site it has to be said! After buying I was thinking was it actually worth the money, I can safely say it really is. I went purely on their recommendations that for a white car, it was difficult to beat the Werkstat Acrylic range and I can see why. The paintwork was literally smoother than glass after application and it gave such a brilliant finish that I fear I am becoming what I never wanted to be: a bufty queen! I’m spending more time cleaning it than driving it and never want to get it dirty and just like standing there and looking at it! Big big thumbs up from me for the Werkstat stuff that is also in carnuba form for darker cars.

The wheels were cleaned and dried as normal but as the paintwork was very fresh I decided to apply Werkstat Acrylic Gloss only on them and they still came up a treat. Whilst going around the car I noticed some bonded contaminants in the paint that the prime wouldn’t shift so that’s gong to be a job for the Meguiars Clay Kit in the next few months. Also, no pics and not used this time around but I also use Werkstat Satin Prot for the interior and again big thumbs up for that too!

Future plans for now are literally just enjoy and keep clean. I will carbon wrap and spray the CAIS body though at some point as it could do with being tarted up. The exhaust which was originally pretty quiet when fitted has opened up now and makes such a nice tone. Could do with a tad more deepness though so I may invest in a sports cat but this will not be any time soon. Upon looking at the exhaust system when fitting the cat back though, the downpipe imho doesn’t even look that restrictive and upgrading to 3” again imho is purely going to give top end gains so that can stay as it is.

Can’t see myself getting rid of this car to be honest will end up keeping it for a pretty long time as long as I can afford to do so!
Old 22-08-2012 | 02:01 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Very very nice mate

Did someone mention a splitter

ive just got a pre face lift bumper to finish off the splitter for that then im on the face lift
Old 22-08-2012 | 02:01 PM
Rsmat
300+

Cracking work mate well done..!
Old 22-08-2012 | 02:21 PM
Dal_
PassionFord Post Troll

Best finish I've seen on any white car - spot on!

Old 22-08-2012 | 03:07 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by Jay,
Very very nice mate

Did someone mention a splitter

ive just got a pre face lift bumper to finish off the splitter for that then im on the face lift
Cheers mate, will look forward to seeing the F/L one

Originally Posted by RS_matt
Cracking work mate well done..!
Ta very much

Originally Posted by Dal_
Best finish I've seen on any white car - spot on!

Feels nice too
Old 12-11-2012 | 11:46 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Small update, not much change since the previous set of modifications bar a polished AS ECU cover. Main thing was a bit of bufty treatment under bonnet and also a bit of a winter prep. Will give it more protection closer to Christmas when I get some more time for another couple of coats of polish and sealant.

Some Instagram inspired pics

Old 12-11-2012 | 11:50 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Old 12-11-2012 | 12:01 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Very smart mate, I gave my engine bay the gunk treatment before tucking it away for the winter, was amazed at the difference just a quick whip round made.
Old 12-11-2012 | 12:10 PM
colarado red
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Looks lovely
Old 14-11-2012 | 10:35 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Car looks stunning mate, not keen on the black wheels but it's your car and we're all different so enjoy.