Insurance injustice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 07:27 PM
bigdel
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Insurance injustice?

My lad's just bought Mk1 FRS so we went to GoCompare to get some insurance quotes.

Cheapest quote comes back from Admiral at £1046 fully comp.

Not bad for a 19 year old, so we go to Admiral's website to progress the quote.

Now, last year, the stupid twat across the road backs his car in my lad's Corsa (we weren't within 5 miles of the car at the time, so there's no question who was at fault), The guy fessed up so in the end there was never any doubt about liability.
So we go through the insurance company (which was Admiral at the time), and they end up writing the car off. They claimed back all their money off the other insurer, so they're not out of pocket one little bit. We bought the Corsa back off them and put a new door on it, and he's been driving it since.

Back to the quote.

Even though we'd put the claim details in on GoCompare, the details don't seem to get passed to Admiral so their quote was based on an unblemished claim record. We put the claim details in on their form, and lo and behold, the quote goes up by £600!

Now, here's the question for all you legal eagles....

As he's going to be out of pocket for the next couple of years whilst this claim still has to be declared, I'm of a mind to raise a claim against said neighbour for £1000 to cover the extra insurance premiums that his incompetence has caused?

What do you think our chances are of getting anything back? It's only £25 to start the case, so it's gotta be worth a bash?
Old 09-11-2013, 07:39 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A claim has been raised and settled so your neighbour or his insurance will have paid for the cost of the claim so his liabaility has been sorted in full. It isn't your neighbour's fault however, that the legalised thieves in this world called insurance companies choose to penalise your son on a non fault claim. It isn't fair and it is scandalous what they do but they have us all over a barrel.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:27 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I can't comment on individual cases but I think this is yet another new scam from the insurance companies as I feel we have become involved ourselves in something similar.

A woman drove into the back of our jeep,it wasn't a clear cut rammed at a set of lights type of thing but she was undertaking and hit us square on after we'd pulled out in front of her by some distance. In other words,we were about 100yds pulled out when she hit the back.

There was such little damage to our jeep that we never bothered claiming,her shitroen was damaged needing a new bumper and headlight,most likely due to hitting our towbar.

She was ranting and raving at the time according to the mrs but eventually calmed down and details were exchanged.
She foolishly didn't ring the police as it was pretty obvious who was to blame,or so we thought.

Fast forward a month later and after a shit load of hassle trying to sort our trade insurance we insure the cars seperately when they start messing us about with a quote,they take our money and deposit but when it comes to finalizing the quote they bring up that an insurance claim has been made against us.

Furious I ring our old insurance company (lv) and ask what the hell is going on as we have not made a claim.
She informs me that the other parties insurance company are trying to claim 1/2 their costs and lv are agreeing to it,even though they accept that it was the other parties fault that they hit us but that the other party are saying we pulled out and "caused her to brake sharply by blocking her path". Now,unless your a tank any vehicle in front of you is effectively "blocking your path" hence you must slow down,she failed to do this and hit our back.

Anyway,despite extensive evidence to the contrary by us they still decided to go with paying out 1/2 the costs as they deemed it "too risky" to go to court.

I was horrified and spoke with a good mate of mine regarding legal action etc but he tells me this is a new trick insurance companies are doing.

Basically,for anything other than a point blank cannot disprove it case,their new scam is to play both parties off against each other,ie make you both 100% at fault therefore recieving two lots of excess' and therefore getting a good lump towards any claim.

Couple that with two lots of increased premiums and bingo your nearly there,in fact they had made a profit in my case!!!

Chase it up if you want but be prepared to get nowhere with these wankers,even though it's completely UNNACCEPTABLE!! After all,why should someone hitting you affect YOUR premium?

Really annoying but for £25 it maybe worth a try.

I'd consider trying one of these ambulance chaser type companies cos they do get results even if their morals are questionable,but they'll never be as low as an insurance companies morals,pure scum.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:28 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by pani_k
A claim has been raised and settled so your neighbour or his insurance will have paid for the cost of the claim so his liabaility has been sorted in full. It isn't your neighbour's fault however, that the legalised thieves in this world called insurance companies choose to penalise your son on a non fault claim. It isn't fair and it is scandalous what they do but they have us all over a barrel.
Correct.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:31 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

its just wrong isn't it.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:32 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

fuck admiral and their group of companies

in the arse

with a pineapple

on a sitck

fucking bunch of robbing basterds, everyone has had problems with them, either with their premiums or when they have to claim

wankers said they'd send a letter to the police as "it was their duty to inform them that a car didn't have cover" when they said they would refurse my policy when someone else hit me back in 97 as they reversed out of their drive

utter and total shitcunts the lot of them
Old 09-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

hmm car insurance. you pay them money as its the law and they fuck you over. Great!

Trending Topics

Old 09-11-2013, 09:45 PM
:hEnNiKeR:
Bam Bam Bam

I get fucked too as I have a no fault claim on my record from 2009.

In a separate case I bought a L200 one month ago today and paid my insurance in full - £1280. Decided I've had enough of it already, it's too big and too juicy but I needed to scratch the itch, so phone up insurace company to cancel today and they are going to refund me £880.

So I've just paid £400 for one months insurance. I'm fuming but you're fucked if you do fucked if you don't! I won't be making this mistake again!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:52 PM
LukeDaisley

try AF proper people. and i know where there office is so if they do fuck me over i can fuck them in the arse with a kitchen knife.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

Adrian flux/ hic are no better.

I was insured with one of their subsidiaries on my 3dr when im as hit by pikey cunts who drove off...

It took 10 months to get a payout for the car, and 2 years 4 months for the whiplash claim.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:16 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

im with axa on a traders policy and they are a pleasure to deal with 3 non fault claims on my insurance last year and my insurance went down nearly £500 this year tho i have never put in a claim for my own damages just sorted myself and before you say it there are 4 people on my policy so it wasnt me involved in all 3 claims lol my name isnt jonah ha ha
Old 09-11-2013, 10:17 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by vaughant
I can't comment on individual cases but I think this is yet another new scam from the insurance companies as I feel we have become involved ourselves in something similar.

A woman drove into the back of our jeep,it wasn't a clear cut rammed at a set of lights type of thing but she was undertaking and hit us square on after we'd pulled out in front of her by some distance. In other words,we were about 100yds pulled out when she hit the back.

There was such little damage to our jeep that we never bothered claiming,her shitroen was damaged needing a new bumper and headlight,most likely due to hitting our towbar.

She was ranting and raving at the time according to the mrs but eventually calmed down and details were exchanged.
She foolishly didn't ring the police as it was pretty obvious who was to blame,or so we thought.

Fast forward a month later and after a shit load of hassle trying to sort our trade insurance we insure the cars seperately when they start messing us about with a quote,they take our money and deposit but when it comes to finalizing the quote they bring up that an insurance claim has been made against us.

Furious I ring our old insurance company (lv) and ask what the hell is going on as we have not made a claim.
She informs me that the other parties insurance company are trying to claim 1/2 their costs and lv are agreeing to it,even though they accept that it was the other parties fault that they hit us but that the other party are saying we pulled out and "caused her to brake sharply by blocking her path". Now,unless your a tank any vehicle in front of you is effectively "blocking your path" hence you must slow down,she failed to do this and hit our back.

Anyway,despite extensive evidence to the contrary by us they still decided to go with paying out 1/2 the costs as they deemed it "too risky" to go to court.

I was horrified and spoke with a good mate of mine regarding legal action etc but he tells me this is a new trick insurance companies are doing.

Basically,for anything other than a point blank cannot disprove it case,their new scam is to play both parties off against each other,ie make you both 100% at fault therefore recieving two lots of excess' and therefore getting a good lump towards any claim.

Couple that with two lots of increased premiums and bingo your nearly there,in fact they had made a profit in my case!!!

Chase it up if you want but be prepared to get nowhere with these wankers,even though it's completely UNNACCEPTABLE!! After all,why should someone hitting you affect YOUR premium?

Really annoying but for £25 it maybe worth a try.

I'd consider trying one of these ambulance chaser type companies cos they do get results even if their morals are questionable,but they'll never be as low as an insurance companies morals,pure scum.
That's worthy of informing Watchdog about mate. Rip off cunts
Old 09-11-2013, 10:46 PM
bigdel

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts

I might just give it a go, it just riles me that we're the ones suffering for someone else's poor driving. Hell, he was even driving a fricking hire car, so he's not even going to have to declare a claim!!
I like the Watchdog idea, but I don't think we're important enough to warrant any of Ms Robinson's time, unless every one who's been turned over by these legalised pirates sends them something, then they might sit up and take notice!

Maybe we should start one of those Government e-petitions to get them to investigate the insurance companies, after all they went after the bankers 'cos they were ripping poor old Joe Public off. What's different here?
Old 09-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

The insurance industry have already been investigated and found to be acting legally.

They claim to have statistical "proof" that having a non-fault accident makes you a higher risk of having a fault claim in the future, hence they use that to load the premium.

Like all statistics, you can bend them to make any claim you want. and thats EXACTLY what the insurance companies do.

The figures are blatently manipulated bollocks but its within the rules so fuck all we can do about it.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:54 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 258 Likes on 237 Posts

Fuck all the insurance companies do is legal in my book. They are a bunch of dirty corrupt thieving cunts, just like the government who enforce and force us to take out insurance.

It'd be more cost effective and satisfying to take a hit out on people who crash into you than it would be to use insurance ! lol
Old 10-11-2013, 02:58 AM
louis_2012
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be very, very careful of who you insure with through comparison websites.

9 times out of 10, the company you go for, we in this case will call them company A, they then get you the insurance and do all the work for another company, company B. Company B obviously then insure you but its all done through company A. Company A gets a cut out of it and company B gets a sale.

Sometimes it even goes through 3/4 different companys. I applied once and got a decent quote with the insurance factory, who got me insurance through a company called XK service direct, which was on behalf of a company called Markerstudy. Now avoid any of those cunts with a 60 foot bargepole. Like said above they get your cheap quote, take your deposit and all is well and good. I made a couple of changes on my policy and got whacked with £75 admin fee plu regardless of car, the yearly premium jumped £100 - £150. I went from a Skoda VRS which went bang to my mums 1400 mk6 fiesta and ended up jumping from £66 a month to £139 a month - apparently the fiesta was more common and despite a 1/3 of the horsepower it was deemed a bigger risk They shafted me twice like this and on the third time I told them i wanted to cancel. All well and good they said, return my documents and include a covering note and thatl be end of it. Did this and 3 weeks later im getting threats of debt collection action saying i never returned the paperwork. Rang up and explained and they said all they can do is send another set of docs out, for me to sign and return wtf? with another covering letter - did this, sent it back, and suprise suprise they never got it. Cunts chasing me for £1400 now and threatening bailiffs and CCJ on me. Had a sarcastic email from their ' head of office ' last week with all his investigation points - half of it he missed out which i politely told him so im going through the financial services ombudsman now.

Its what this country has come to, there so busy looking after every man and his dog that everyone and anyone has to get shafted on the sly to pay the price. Im with another company at the miunte and despite 10 points, one non fault claim and 2 cancellations on insurance, 5 yr ncb im paying £55 a month so i cant grumble really.

Sometimes its better to pay more for a well known company who the person you speak and get the quote with is the company youll be insured with. Kind of funny insuring with one company and then receiving your policy docs from another.

I recently took out breakdown cover - with what i required AA wanted £13 a month, RAC £8.50, and Green flag - £6.30 all for same level of service. Green flag i have had before and majority of the time they use a breakdown firm nearby to you instead of sending their own patrol to you, end result you wait longer, get some rude wanker whos been dragged out of bed and far from happy with it who makes no effort to fix the problem and drags you home as its quicker and easier. RAC had a offer on hence being cheaper so went with them, at least i know by paying more Ill get an RAC van out should i need it and possibly a repaired car and better service.

Last edited by louis_2012; 10-11-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:21 AM
Acidburn
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I've been chased for a couple of months now by bell direct.

Two years ago I finished with them and didn't renew my insurance and went else where as they was over twice the amount of every other company. I had been with them for 8-9 years and every year the renewal was higher than the competitors so i'd ring them up, they'd knock some off and i'd stay as they was helpful and i'd found them good with changes to policy etc.

One day a few months ago I had an email from sam & dave at some debt collection company saying i'm to log into their website and pay up for a matter regarding bell direct. I ignored the first email thinking it was a scam, then they rang my parents and sent another email. I contacted bell direct and they didn't know nothing about it and gave me a number to the wrong debt collection company to enquire about it.

After speaking with some idiot at the sam & dave company and trying to find out what was going on they said the following.

I'd renewed the policy and paid the fee in the morning and then cancelled the policy in the evening. I said to the bloke on the phone are they some sort of idiots, why would I pay the first instalment which is normally £100+ to start the policy to only cancel it in the evening, i'd at least get the months usage as i'd paid it. He said he didn't know but the £100+ cancellation fee (even tho i'd run the term of the policy and cancelled it with notice etc) would still need paying.

Suffice to say he didn't like my response of he ain't getting a penny from me, and not to bother even trying. They have stopped the emails (or i've blocked them, I can't remember now) and they tried contacting my parents via letter/phone to be told I don't live there and not to contact them again.

I used to think bell wasn't too bad, guess I was wrong.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:54 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

They are all criminals plain and simple.

And surprised that some within the industry get upset when I say things like that.

There may be some who work within the industry who are either naive or do have good intentions. But that doesnt change the fact the entire operation of the industry is deep in criminal practices, and the government fully support them, which makes it even more disgusting.

They have little intention of offering a genuine service, and lots of intention to scam as much money as possible, whilst seeking every opportunity to wriggle out of covering people.

Last edited by stevieturbo; 10-11-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:15 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i've always maintained that they should charge you a premium and then you are covered until you make a claim

once you've made a claim then after that you get charged based on your risk

all this "every year" bollocks is just a simple way to fleece money from you while no one gives a shit nowadays if you've got it or not as they do a runner if they arn't insured and even if you catch them you are still fucked as there's no one to claim the money off of and you get a fault claim against you
Old 10-11-2013, 09:29 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by dojj
i've always maintained that they should charge you a premium and then you are covered until you make a claim

once you've made a claim then after that you get charged based on your risk

all this "every year" bollocks is just a simple way to fleece money from you while no one gives a shit nowadays if you've got it or not as they do a runner if they arn't insured and even if you catch them you are still fucked as there's no one to claim the money off of and you get a fault claim against you

There is a simple approach, and always ignored because it would solve the problem. The government and their criminal buddies make far too much money from the current setup though.

Add basic "forced legal" 3rd party road risks to fuel. Everyone is covered, plain and simple. If people want further cover for other risks, that's up to them.

If the government had any honesty or integrity, it would be easy to set up bodies to control the 3rd part cover aspect and any claims. You can bet that despite who scummy the government are, they wouldnt be as keen to make payouts to dodgy claimants as much the current insurance companies are.

Of course that is another aspect. Why do insurance companies bend over backwards to throw money at dodgy claimants, yet treat honest claimants like criminals ?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:54 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

you really think the government could easily set up and control a department to weed out false claiming and charges?
they managed it well enough with benefit claimants right enough.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:58 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

OK, then they need to outsource it to China or something then...probably be far more efficient !

The UK just seems intent on screwing over the honest and hard working at every possible opportunity.

Fuckin boils my blood !!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Fuck all the insurance companies do is legal in my book.
unfortunately they have teams of solicitors and lawyers and legal advisors to make sure they comply with the law to the minimum extent necessary.