View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 10:17 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vaughant
I can't comment on individual cases but I think this is yet another new scam from the insurance companies as I feel we have become involved ourselves in something similar.

A woman drove into the back of our jeep,it wasn't a clear cut rammed at a set of lights type of thing but she was undertaking and hit us square on after we'd pulled out in front of her by some distance. In other words,we were about 100yds pulled out when she hit the back.

There was such little damage to our jeep that we never bothered claiming,her shitroen was damaged needing a new bumper and headlight,most likely due to hitting our towbar.

She was ranting and raving at the time according to the mrs but eventually calmed down and details were exchanged.
She foolishly didn't ring the police as it was pretty obvious who was to blame,or so we thought.

Fast forward a month later and after a shit load of hassle trying to sort our trade insurance we insure the cars seperately when they start messing us about with a quote,they take our money and deposit but when it comes to finalizing the quote they bring up that an insurance claim has been made against us.

Furious I ring our old insurance company (lv) and ask what the hell is going on as we have not made a claim.
She informs me that the other parties insurance company are trying to claim 1/2 their costs and lv are agreeing to it,even though they accept that it was the other parties fault that they hit us but that the other party are saying we pulled out and "caused her to brake sharply by blocking her path". Now,unless your a tank any vehicle in front of you is effectively "blocking your path" hence you must slow down,she failed to do this and hit our back.

Anyway,despite extensive evidence to the contrary by us they still decided to go with paying out 1/2 the costs as they deemed it "too risky" to go to court.

I was horrified and spoke with a good mate of mine regarding legal action etc but he tells me this is a new trick insurance companies are doing.

Basically,for anything other than a point blank cannot disprove it case,their new scam is to play both parties off against each other,ie make you both 100% at fault therefore recieving two lots of excess' and therefore getting a good lump towards any claim.

Couple that with two lots of increased premiums and bingo your nearly there,in fact they had made a profit in my case!!!

Chase it up if you want but be prepared to get nowhere with these wankers,even though it's completely UNNACCEPTABLE!! After all,why should someone hitting you affect YOUR premium?

Really annoying but for £25 it maybe worth a try.

I'd consider trying one of these ambulance chaser type companies cos they do get results even if their morals are questionable,but they'll never be as low as an insurance companies morals,pure scum.
That's worthy of informing Watchdog about mate. Rip off cunts