General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

shame UK doesn't follow Ukraines example...

Search this Thread

Old 20-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default shame UK doesn't follow Ukraines example...

From todays Independent.

President Victor Yushenko has abolished the state traffic police with the stroke of a pen.

"I have warned ministers three times. If the traffic police continue to keep hiding in the bushes with speed cameras, and do nothing else, there will be no traffic police", he told a meeting of law enforcement cheifs at which various heads rolled.

"You have discredited this agency. That is why I have taken the decision that from today, there will be no traffic police."

Old 20-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So when somebody rams your car then fucks off. There'll be no Traffic Police to chase him.

You're a simpleton Graham

EDIT:

Theres more to Traffic Police than speed cameras. Maybe you should think about that instead of your monkey conspiracy theories!
Old 20-07-2005, 05:53 PM
RSeb
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

[quote="Rich_w"]So when somebody rams your car then fucks off. There'll be no Traffic Police to chase him.

so how many times has the fuzz come to ur rescue in a situation like that?

Whenever you need a busy theres never one to be found soon as ur doing 10mph over the limit on an empty road the fookers pop out from no where
Old 20-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

I doubt the ukranian Traffic Cops are at the same standard as ours.

Old 20-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Rich_w
You're a simpleton Graham
only following your fine example.
Old 20-07-2005, 06:03 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Old 20-07-2005, 06:03 PM
W4SIM
Regular Contributor

[quote="RSeb"]
So when somebody rams your car then fucks off. There'll be no Traffic Police to chase him.

Whenever you need a busy theres never one to be found soon as ur doing 10mph over the limit on an empty road the fookers pop out from no where
Agree completely ....... my car was once about to get knicked, they came the next day.

My mums car got knicked ........ they did fuck all about it and when it WAS eventually found burned out by a member of the public they just rang an told us like it was a bag of shopping we had left somewhere and they wanted it removed. Pricks!

Middle of the night however on the M6 and im doing 85Mph on a completely empty motorway and a few days later a speeding ticket falls through the letter box. Apparently the camera van was sat on a bridge over the M6. Makes you think how safe they were trying to make the motorway at that time of the night with such little traffic. Also makes you think how safe they COULD have made the town centre by patrolling around there at that time of the night.
Old 20-07-2005, 06:10 PM
RSeb

exactly
Old 20-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

We had a pissed guy drive out the car park ad collide with parked cars and drive off. Police were called. After calling them 2 further times we were told they would not attend the incident as it happened on private property and there was nothing they could do.

My step brother caught a lad nicking his car so slammed the door on the shits legs and dragged him out of the car. Thief got off with bugger all my step bro ended up in court

I don't hate the police as individuals as a lot of them are pretty alright but as a body they piss me off.
Old 20-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Rab

[quote="W4SIM"]
Originally Posted by RSeb

Agree completely ....... my car was once about to get knicked, they came the next day.

My mums car got knicked ........ they did fuck all about it and when it WAS eventually found burned out by a member of the public they just rang an told us like it was a bag of shopping we had left somewhere and they wanted it removed. Pricks!

Middle of the night however on the M6 and im doing 85Mph on a completely empty motorway and a few days later a speeding ticket falls through the letter box. Apparently the camera van was sat on a bridge over the M6. Makes you think how safe they were trying to make the motorway at that time of the night with such little traffic. Also makes you think how safe they COULD have made the town centre by patrolling around there at that time of the night.

Er, whats that got to do with the traffic police? The camera vans are run AND operated by the Road Safety Camera Partnership. Those blokes in the vans aren't coppers.
Old 20-07-2005, 06:22 PM
RSeb

bit like horse sh!t, spread it out nice and thin... its not too bad,

but it fookin reaks in one big steamy pile!!
Old 20-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Rab

Originally Posted by Oranoco
We had a pissed guy drive out the car park ad collide with parked cars and drive off. Police were called. After calling them 2 further times we were told they would not attend the incident as it happened on private property and there was nothing they could do.

My step brother caught a lad nicking his car so slammed the door on the shits legs and dragged him out of the car. Thief got off with bugger all my step bro ended up in court

I don't hate the police as individuals as a lot of them are pretty alright but as a body they piss me off.
I got done for assault for slamming a car door (MY car door) on the fingers of an oppotunist car theif at a petrol station a few years ago.

The Magistrate didn't prosecute in the end........................ I got a 'caution'.......

Again, nothing to do with the traffic police.
Old 20-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

I can't comment on the cases above. I just go with what Oranoco said. In my experinence most Police are OK. Its the orders that come from up above that decide if they'll be on that Motorway bridge or whether they look for a stolen car. Not the actual people on the street.

But to can all Traffic Police in Ukrainia just sounds stupid. Yes, people will be able to drive a few miles faster. But there wont be anybody to help direct traffic around an accident or administer First Aid. Or stop Drunk drivers weaving around.
Old 20-07-2005, 06:35 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I
But to can all Traffic Police in Ukrainia just sounds stupid.
im sure he knows what he is doing... he does run a country
Old 20-07-2005, 08:19 PM
W4SIM
Regular Contributor

[quote="Rab"]
Originally Posted by W4SIM
Originally Posted by RSeb

Er, whats that got to do with the traffic police? The camera vans are run AND operated by the Road Safety Camera Partnership. Those blokes in the vans aren't coppers.
er ..... im pretty sure it was one of them traffic vans that patrol most town centres on Friday and Saturday nights to capture any violence on the streets as pissheads pour out of clubs/pubs/bars. Now iv seen fights happen right in front of me and it WAS coppers that came out of these vans to ARREST all those involved.

So yes THEY are coppers and YES they could be doing a better job patroling town centres rather than motorways in the middle of the night.
Old 21-07-2005, 07:23 AM
Fez
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

But to can all Traffic Police in Ukrainia just sounds stupid. Yes, people will be able to drive a few miles faster. But there wont be anybody to help direct traffic around an accident or administer First Aid. Or stop Drunk drivers weaving around.
The main point was to make the police do real police work.
You have misunderstood. Read this part again:
"I have warned ministers three times. If the traffic police continue to keep hiding in the bushes with speed cameras, and do nothing else, there will be no traffic police", he told a meeting of law enforcement cheifs at which various heads rolled.
They did not do any of the things you mentioned so they were warned. They didn't care about the warnings so the president decided to save some money and got rid of the police who didn't do what they were supposed to do.
Old 21-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

Whats this?! A post from Graham S1 with no mention of black Ops and goverment agencies playing with peoples minds and perpertraiting world scale destruction for unknown causes?!
Nope jsut a post about how traffic cops are better off the road - dude give me a traffic cop to reason with over a Gatso any day - never mind the good work they do out there.

Clearly you hate authority cos your Dad wasnt nice to you or the headmaster made you do rude things to him but give it a rest!
Old 21-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Anonymous
Banned

I agree that a lot of individual coppers are ok, but they way they are run is a fucking joke.

They dont try and catch speeders where its dangerous to speed, they try and catch them where its easy to catch lots of them.

Shame really, cause i'm sure that the hatred a lot of peopel feel towards the police is largely caused by the way innocent motorists are persecuted for breaking speed limits that are of utterly no relevance in terms of safety anyway!
Old 21-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by Fez
The main point was to make the police do real police work.
You have misunderstood. Read this part again:
They did not do any of the things you mentioned so they were warned. They didn't care about the warnings so the president decided to save some money and got rid of the police who didn't do what they were supposed to do.
no no. I understand your point. Maybe in the Ukranie they were ridiculous, I cant say wither way. But to call for the removal of all Traffic Police (in the UK as above) is a little short sighted.
Old 21-07-2005, 04:02 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

and why do they get better assessments if they catch MORE speeding drivers????thats cock eyed!
if they were doin their jobs properly they would catch LESS people as less people would be speeding!!!
thats like me gettin a bonus if i find a major mechanical defect in an item I just fitted as a cause of me being crap!
Old 21-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Maybe in the Ukranie they were ridiculous, I cant say wither way.
or spell it.

So if ya don't know either way, why jump down my throat with insults again.

And maybe I was talking about making the Police do less camera work, and more patrolling nieghbourhoods.

But no, you still think I'm a loon.
Old 21-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Keith B

Lets all take an online sanity test and publish the results. Maybe I can run a book on it and make a few squids on the side - oohrah!
Old 21-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by Graham S1
Maybe in the Ukranie they were ridiculous, I cant say wither way.
or spell it.

So if ya don't know either way, why jump down my throat with insults again.

And maybe I was talking about making the Police do less camera work, and more patrolling nieghbourhoods.

But no, you still think I'm a loon.
ooh goody, spot the typo. That really validates your stupidity

Simply, because you wanted the same situation in the Ukraine as here. i.e. No Traffic Police full stop. Thats short sighted and stupid.

I never said you were a Loon. i said you were a Nutbag. Which you are. And btw. Everyone knows it was a CIA agent coverup in the Ukraine. And Bush was involved and so was Bigfoot
Old 21-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Keith B

PMSL @ Nutbag

I'm jsut reading Ewan Mcgregors 'Long Way Round' and I'm pretty sure he said that there was hardly any traffic outside of the cities in the Ukraine. Mafia have cars but there are still horses and carts for the most part. So I'm pretty sure that minimal traffic would play a part in abolishing traffic cops (all the cops are on the make there too with 'taxes' dished out all over the place)
Old 21-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Simply, because you wanted the same situation in the Ukraine as here. i.e. No Traffic Police full stop. Thats short sighted and stupid.
assumption is the mother of all f**kups.

tell ya what. why don't ya mosey on off to turbosport for a few minutes, and look at some of my posts in the general message section. out of my 1000+ posts over the years see how many of them are about "conspiracies".

maybe shuffle along to the granada enthusiasts forum where I posted for a few years. my legacy there lives on in the form of a "common problems, and how to fix them" post.

go back to sleep.
Old 21-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Keith B

This whole thread is a conspiracy and I refuse to take part in it anymore.
Old 21-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

you are a prize penis Whats the name of this thread?

"shame UK doesn't follow Ukraines example..."

So you want the UK to abandon its Traffic Police. JUST _ LIKE _ the _ UKRAINE

Please stop, you're making my sides hurt with your comedy

My money's on Bigfoot or maybe ALF

Ukrainian / CIA / Area 52 / agent / Shadow / conspiracy rantings of a NUTBAG
Old 21-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

you are a prize penis Whats the name of this thread?

"shame UK doesn't follow Ukraines example..."

So you want the UK to abandon its Traffic Police. JUST _ LIKE _ the _ UKRAINE

Please stop, you're making my sides hurt with your comedy

My money's on Bigfoot or maybe ALF

Ukrainian / CIA / Area 52 / agent / Shadow / conspiracy rantings of a NUTBAG
again, you make yourself look the fool.

please show me where I typed, what you alleged I typed?

Maybe I was saying that the Government should crack down on our police force? Maybe we should have elected County Officers? Worth considering?

Of course our government is only concerned with handing out points for each offence, for a Brucie style bonus at the end of the month.
Old 21-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Keith B

Did anyone actually watch that Alf show?
Old 21-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Keith B
Did anyone actually watch that Alf show?
Yep when i was a nipper!

Quality! But havent seen it for years!!!
Old 22-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

again, you make yourself look the fool.

please show me where I typed, what you alleged I typed?

Maybe I was saying that the Government should crack down on our police force? Maybe we should have elected County Officers? Worth considering?

Of course our government is only concerned with handing out points for each offence, for a Brucie style bonus at the end of the month.
But you never said any of that in the first post. Just a and a

Which given the TITLE of the thread. Doesnt leave much room for changing your story now does it

You're a typical Conspiracy Nutbag. Even when the evidence is right in front of you, you cant see it and blame other people.