General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The RST in performance Ford mag this month

Search this Thread

Old 13-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Danny B
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chairman
Originally Posted by essexrsturbo
jano's motor aint the flagship anymore...

theres already been a oddkidd creations zetec build already which has now just been taken to a new level 909 CGI block ect.. so who now needs to catch up with ya poxy "offensive" motor.. wot a fuking gay word :gayflag:
Hes only wrote that cos hes got oddkidd creations in his sig....

Jano if your the one with the xr3/turbo converted black car.. then ive heard the things you say to people... your a prat, shut your mouth before someone does it for you, you total cheese end.
A little off topic now and think its tiem to let this post rest guys. theres a year of events ahead so they can do the talkin
Old 13-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Chairman
Part of the Furniture

Yeah it is...

What a waste of 7 pages of posts...

Its sending me mental reading it

somebody close it or delete it.. Its boring
Old 13-05-2005, 07:00 PM
tonyturbo
Advanced PassionFord User

Old 13-05-2005, 07:39 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by PF Ben
Hi Sunny, it's cool mate I DO agree with you, and 99.99% of the time the timing gear is a true indication of a cars power (hence why in my previous post I said,
"b) the myth that performance times always confirm that a certain car has a certain bhp figure."
Everyone note the 'always'.
The car with more power and the grip to match, driven right, SHOULD be quicker than another with less power and the grip to match, driven right.

Ben
Bennjahmin -

Regards to Christians terminal speed - it's a weird one as I truely believe that his car does have quite a considerable amount of power otherwise 160mph would not be possible (or he's been paying the dudes with the timing gear some serious dosh that could of been better spent on a better engine) , regards to his 1/4 mile terminal speed not being in sync with this is a weird one. Only thing I can think is if Christians engine was put on a dyno it would make good power around 6600'ish rpm or possibly higher however not that strong before that.

Also before you get into 5th gear Christian at what point in the rev range do you normally shift up at? Only thing I can think is you change far too early and when you are on throttle your engine is not producing good enough power in comparison to if you kept your foot planted down and changed later??? But remember like I said I don't know C+B's latest terminal speed, engine spec or what power it is supposed to be hence I could be completely wrong here...just my thoughts on the matter. Don't wanna upset anyone.

A final BHP figure isn't everything, I would rather have lower overall BHP / Torque figures and a better power / torque band with drivability than a crap torque band with peak power in the wrong place. ie A car with 300bhp that makes peak power at 4000rpm and torque starting high and climbing down very fast. Obviously the aim is to have everything done properly ie Good peak power late where you need it for the top speed, a nice flat toque band from the start to the end to accelerate you through nice and hard within the confidments of 1.25 miles or what ever + a good power / torque figure wouldnt go a miss either. ps....the ability to rev the bitch and change late as possible providing the gearing was spot on to achieve the theoretical goals you desire to achieve.

Thanks - Sunny.
Old 13-05-2005, 08:14 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats interesting.

However.

At Santa Pod, I struggle to stay off the Rev Limiter in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, most people note that I hold it on the limiter too long which is probably why my times arent great. As yet, I haven't really had a decent go at the Pod where the car has been right, I have only been once or twice since coming off my Ban. I have promised myself to make a concerted effort once the car is done! I am determined to prove I CAN launch. I can do it on the road, just not under pressure!!

At Brunters in December, when I did 161.1mph and had time to coast down without ANY hard braking (ask AndyRST) I was actually shifting at 5800rpm in 1st-4th due to a Misfire and had to drive through it in 5th .

I would say that my car is VERY good in the midrange. I think that Tonys is stronger in terms of Top End Torque. Although that has not been proven.

Not sure how that fits in with the theories. I know this is a little off topic, but interesting non-the-less.
Old 13-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Versus_Creations
Ask me a question!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Chairman
your a prat, shut your mouth before someone does it for you, you total cheese end.
why dont you do it then ! or at least TRY!
Old 13-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Chairman
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by tonyturbo
LMAO!!!!