General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Few Zetec Turbo questions.. again

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 01:29 PM
higgsy91
Zetec Turbo Baby Yeahhhh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Zetec Turbo questions.. again

Hopefully going to try and put all my questions in one thread! (blacktop 2.0 turbo)

106gti springs - i can not find a washer the right size to go over the valve stem seals (supposedly i need a 2mm thick washer).. help?

Where do people get their inlet/charge carrier/intercooler pipework from??

has anyone ever used the standard 1.8/2.0 focus throttle body on a turbo conversion?

i'm running a Walbro 255 fuel pump, will the focus RS or 2.0 Fuel pressure Regulator still be ok to use?

1.8 cams into 2.0.. do most use both inlet and ex or just inlet?

Thanks!!!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Straight_4_N/a
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

pipework people just buy it from the cheapest place thay can find.

yeah but you mite want to up grade to a cfm 65mm t/b

really you want to buy an ajustable fpr.

if your not sticking a big turbo on stock 2.0s are fine but normally 1.8 inlet.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Karlos G
Balls Deep!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

What's your target BHP?
Old 02-07-2013, 05:57 PM
rsmark86
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My fiesta rs turbo adjustable fuel reg bolted straight up to my black top zetec fuel rail

Nigel b ran 2 bar of boost through a standard zetec throttle body on a gt2876 before it started to give issues ?

Just buy decent valve springs, the 106 ones have mixed reviews, I'm running the devil developments ones as people have rated them over area six ones

Pipe work ? I'm the same as you I need to make one too, I've seen a z20let hard pipe kit that looks like it would work on our set ups
Old 02-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by higgsy91
106gti springs - i can not find a washer the right size to go over the valve stem seals (supposedly i need a 2mm thick washer).. help?

has anyone ever used the standard 1.8/2.0 focus throttle body on a turbo conversion?

The two questions i'll happily answer.

You need 2mm thick m12 washers (make sure they're flat), then put them UNDER the stem seals with a little silicon sealer. Been there, done it, works spot-on

no reason at all a standard throttle body shouldn't work, don't be tempted by a massive one, as driveability would be shocking.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:08 PM
rsmark86
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Silicon sealer in an engine? Really?

Are you one of the people who has oil pump problems, that's a disaster waiting to happen
Old 03-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rsmark86
Silicon sealer in an engine? Really?

Are you one of the people who has oil pump problems, that's a disaster waiting to happen
Yes really.

If you think it's a problem, perhaps you should pass your wisdom onto ford and all those other engine manufacturers who stick their cam chain covers on with it

i'll agree that smearing half a tube of B&Q bathroom sealer on your sump gasket may be a bit of a silly thing to do, but using a small amount of the correct sealer between surfaces to seal them isn't really an issue
Old 05-07-2013, 01:14 AM
higgsy91
Zetec Turbo Baby Yeahhhh

Originally Posted by Karlos G
What's your target BHP?
Sorry for the delayed reply! aiming for 300bhp but happy inbetween the 250 to 300 bracket.
Originally Posted by rsmark86
My fiesta rs turbo adjustable fuel reg bolted straight up to my black top zetec fuel rail

Nigel b ran 2 bar of boost through a standard zetec throttle body on a gt2876 before it started to give issues ?

Just buy decent valve springs, the 106 ones have mixed reviews, I'm running the devil developments ones as people have rated them over area six ones

Pipe work ? I'm the same as you I need to make one too, I've seen a z20let hard pipe kit that looks like it would work on our set ups
cheers fror that info, i'd like to use the FRS TB so that i could then buy the FRS elbow with the fitting for the ACT sensor.
I will have a look at that pipework cheers, i've been looking at those universal hard pipe kits you get from ebay for 70 quid. I wondered if with enough silicone pieces and enough cutting you could get a nice fit..

Originally Posted by Turbo Zetec
Yes really.

If you think it's a problem, perhaps you should pass your wisdom onto ford and all those other engine manufacturers who stick their cam chain covers on with it

i'll agree that smearing half a tube of B&Q bathroom sealer on your sump gasket may be a bit of a silly thing to do, but using a small amount of the correct sealer between surfaces to seal them isn't really an issue
I've got to go with mark on this one, although it is a nice easy fix i don't know if i could rest thinking that i might not have sealed it properly. And if i recall correctly isn't there a slightly deeper area where he valve seat normally seats, so if you bang a washer over it and the washer doesnt fall in the seat you've added another .5 mm onto the spring load.

That probably made no sense its too late to type!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:55 AM
rsmark86
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by higgsy91
Sorry for the delayed reply! aiming for 300bhp but happy inbetween the 250 to 300 bracket.

cheers fror that info, i'd like to use the FRS TB so that i could then buy the FRS elbow with the fitting for the ACT sensor.
I will have a look at that pipework cheers, i've been looking at those universal hard pipe kits you get from ebay for 70 quid. I wondered if with enough silicone pieces and enough cutting you could get a nice fit..

I've got to go with mark on this one, although it is a nice easy fix i don't know if i could rest thinking that i might not have sealed it properly. And if i recall correctly isn't there a slightly deeper area where he valve seat normally seats, so if you bang a washer over it and the washer doesnt fall in the seat you've added another .5 mm onto the spring load.

That probably made no sense its too late to type!
go direct to cat cams and ask for a price for the valve springs they supply devil developments and ask how much with retainers