General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Caught speeding!

Search this Thread

Old 27-02-2013, 11:05 AM
grecian.s1
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caught speeding!

Wasn't going mental, 34 in a 30 it takes the piss! Especially when the road it's on isn't a residential area... 3 points and a fine gutted had a clean licence for a few years now!
Old 27-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Rsmat
300+

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

Tossers mate nothing more
Old 27-02-2013, 11:57 AM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

have you done a speed awareness course as you should be offered one if you have not done one yet ?
Old 27-02-2013, 12:04 PM
grecian.s1

Originally Posted by 1-PD
have you done a speed awareness course as you should be offered one if you have not done one yet ?
Yea but it was about 5 years ago apparently you con do one every 3 year, just been on northumbria police website and you can only do the course by invitation only..... Hope they send me one saying I can do it.
Old 27-02-2013, 12:05 PM
jessie_rs
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

oh that is quite harsh
Old 27-02-2013, 12:15 PM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by grecian.s1
Yea but it was about 5 years ago apparently you con do one every 3 year, just been on northumbria police website and you can only do the course by invitation only..... Hope they send me one saying I can do it.
you will know once letter comes through but you should be ok to do another escaping points
Old 27-02-2013, 12:21 PM
grecian.s1

Originally Posted by 1-PD
you will know once letter comes through but you should be ok to do another escaping points
Hope so mate.. Worst thing is I would never have been in that area normally but was picking my mate up

Trending Topics

Old 27-02-2013, 04:30 PM
kevin lancelott
PassionFord Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got 6 two years ago because my insurance was wrong.When I put my plate on I forgot to update my insurance so when I got stopped the copper said you are and aren't insured,its a gray area but I cannot let you go.Car was impounded I got a fine and first ever points on me licence.Copper was fine though.
Old 27-02-2013, 04:41 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If its been 5 years then you can do another course.
Old 27-02-2013, 04:51 PM
grecian.s1

Originally Posted by kevin lancelott
I got 6 two years ago because my insurance was wrong.When I put my plate on I forgot to update my insurance so when I got stopped the copper said you are and aren't insured,its a gray area but I cannot let you go.Car was impounded I got a fine and first ever points on me licence.Copper was fine though.
Harsh that, I've done tht a few times with private plates thankfully never stopped
Old 28-02-2013, 09:29 AM
ben_frst

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm just being done for 70 on the a3 in my renault trafic the van only weighs 1800kg so I thought 70 was fine. I didn't know it goes on my max laden weight so should have been doing 60........

Don't feel so bad as I was slamming the brakes on from 90+ hopefully they allow me to do the course as I've never had any points, but have done the hand held device course 2 years ago for talking on my phone while stationery in traffic.
Old 28-02-2013, 09:51 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BM08
If its been 5 years then you can do another course.
If it's a different policing area to where you did the last course they don't cross reference with each other, so they rely on you being truthful. You can just say you haven't been on a course, and they'll let you do it (allegedly )

Originally Posted by ben_frst
I'm just being done for 70 on the a3 in my renault trafic the van only weighs 1800kg so I thought 70 was fine. I didn't know it goes on my max laden weight so should have been doing 60........

Don't feel so bad as I was slamming the brakes on from 90+ hopefully they allow me to do the course as I've never had any points, but have done the hand held device course 2 years ago for talking on my phone while stationery in traffic.
Hugely unlikely they'll let you go on a course for 10mph over. It's usually for less than 5mph. I had to do one for 32 in a 30!!!

Last edited by DanW@FastFord; 28-02-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 28-02-2013, 09:58 AM
RSandy
Advanced PassionFord User

theres a handheld device course?! now i feel really hard done by for my 3 points for my mobile phone lol. i had pulled over to talk on the phone, then when the call ended, i pulled back out on to the road, but for some stupid reason i still kept the phone in my hand against the wheel, and of course the last car to pass that i intended to pull out behind.........unmarked traffic cop. i was seen holding the phone, and even though i moved the car only approximately 1-2feet from stationary when seen, and i happily handed over the phone to prove the call had ended prior to this, i still just got 3 points and the fine, no mention of an awareness course lol

the worst bit is, an sp30 speeding conviction only adds a few percent to an insurance premium, a cu80 3 point fone conviction adds 25%!!
Old 28-02-2013, 11:07 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by jessie_rs
oh that is quite harsh
Harsh ? It's fucking outrageous.

The scum who support cameras like these and enforcement levels like that need named and shamed. They are just greedy money grabbing cunts.
Old 28-02-2013, 11:10 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Almost all small vans now fall over the excess of 2000kgs GVW restricted limits. ( at least new ones do, some older ones are still ok )
They are another complete and utter disgrace. A small empty van weighing say 1500kgs has a tougher limit imposed on it that some dopey bitch in a 3 ton range rover fixing her makeup in the mirror whilst driving.

The people that make up and enforce these ridiculous rules really need to jump off a cliff or something.

Last edited by stevieturbo; 28-02-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 28-02-2013, 11:41 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
The people that make up and enforce these ridiculous rules really need to jump off a cliff or something.
Just out of curiosity I take it you've had some almighty punishment at some point, as you're always very outspoken when it comes to speeding fines?

Not that there's anything wrong with being outspoken!
Old 28-02-2013, 12:00 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Just out of curiosity I take it you've had some almighty punishment at some point, as you're always very outspoken when it comes to speeding fines?

Not that there's anything wrong with being outspoken!
Nope actually. Ive a clean license.

I just think that the current vendetta the government have against motorists who do and cause no harm to anyone is outrageous.
When others who actually cause accidents or harm to others, they do sweet fuck all about.

One example that drove me nuts last year was when some cunt ploughed into the back of me at a red light, half destroying my van. I called the police, and they didnt want to know. They didnt even want to record the incident nevermind attend !!!
So that driver didnt get prosecuted for anything, yet he caused serious damaged to my van, and shitloads of hassle for me.

yet someone can drive along an open clear road at 34 in a 30, they cause no harm to anyone, no risk, no inconvenience etc and they get points on their license and a fine ?
Points that could potentially cost them their job etc ?

If I knew how to write letters big enough to fill the screen..it would be more appropriate

But a small WTF will suffice.

Now there is of course the excuse well dont speed. But IMO speed limits are supposed to be there for safety reasons. Many are not. many new reduced limits seem to pop up, purely at locations for easy trapment.

Ive queried the scum camera partnership over here on several occasions via FOI about their vans parking illegally and dangerously on pavements, cycle lanes etc, snapping away at cars on roads with ZERO KSI history. They have even supported my query with statistics showing there have never been any deaths or serious crashes. And any accidents there have been were not speed related in any way.
Yet why place a camera there ? generic response. These cameras are sited in areas that meet their sctrict criteria.

Complete and utter BULLSHIT.

I have no issues whatsoever with genuine road safety matters and methods to improve it. These cameras do not do that. And the governments approach in totally ignoring dangerous drivers who have caused accidents supports this.

These cameras are a fine generating excersize, as well as a means to keep useless wankers in jobs dreaming up stupid schemes to fine motorists, so they can then pat themselves on the back for doing a good job because more people get fined.
Yet none of them actually improve road safety !
Old 28-02-2013, 12:00 PM
ben_frst

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just received a letter for my speed awareness course! Ł90 0 points wooop
Old 28-02-2013, 12:07 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

And to add further.

Speed Awareness Course.

Now that to me implies it is a course intended to teach people who have actually driven in a manner where speed was dangerous. 34 in a 30 ????
They offer these courses to people who have done no wrong, caused no harm etc etc.

Yet someone say doing 50 in a 30, 60 in a 30 ? Surely by the governments stance, these are the people in most need of education ? Are these the ones posing the most risk from their driving style ?
Seems not, seems they think the people doing negligable amounts over the limit, which is pretty damn safe in most cases are the ones who need education.

Again, proof that the people who make these rules up are complete and utter idiots with no desire whatsoever to try and educate and improve driving standards.

Education is the only way driving standards will improve. Yet the government are making no efforts whatsoever to educate motorists who have made mistakes or have problems with their driving.

Outraged doesnt really begin to describe my annoyance at their sheer stupidity !!!

Last edited by stevieturbo; 28-02-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 28-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Informer
RollingSpliffs

WOW!!!!!

I got caught doing 63 in a 30.

4months later I had a letter saying I got 6 points Ł450 fine & my licence had been revoked, as I had only been driving 3 months. Anyway.. I appealed took it to court, and walked away with 3 points and Ł115 fine.

What a TOUCH.

Last edited by Informer; 01-03-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 28-02-2013, 02:09 PM
grecian.s1

Originally Posted by Informer
WOW!!!!!

4months later I had a letter saying I got 6 points Ł450 fine & my licence had been provoked, as I had only been driving 3 months. Anyway.. I appealed took it to court, and walked away with 3 points and Ł115 fine.

What a TOUCH.
You were we'll lucky to walk away with just 3 points not banned.

Apparently the leaniancy is 30+10% + 2mph I've heard from a few people?
Old 28-02-2013, 02:14 PM
grecian.s1

Thumbs up

I just think that the current vendetta the government have against motorists who do and cause no harm to anyone is outrageous.
When others who actually cause accidents or harm to others, they do sweet fuck all about.

One example that drove me nuts last year was when some cunt ploughed into the back of me at a red light, half destroying my van. I called the police, and they didnt want to know. They didnt even want to record the incident nevermind attend !!!
So that driver didnt get prosecuted for anything, yet he caused serious damaged to my van, and shitloads of hassle for me.

yet someone can drive along an open clear road at 34 in a 30, they cause no harm to anyone, no risk, no inconvenience etc and they get points on their license and a fine ?

If I knew how to write letters big enough to fill the screen..it would be more appropriate

Now there is of course the excuse well dont speed. But IMO speed limits are supposed to be there for safety reasons. Many are not. many new reduced limits seem to pop up, purely at locations for easy trapment.

Ive queried the scum camera partnership over here on several occasions via FOI about their vans parking illegally and dangerously on pavements, cycle lanes etc, snapping away at cars on roads with ZERO KSI history. They have even supported my query with statistics showing there have never been any deaths or serious crashes. And any accidents there have been were not speed related in any way.
Yet why place a camera there ? generic response. These cameras are sited in areas that meet their sctrict criteria.

I have no issues whatsoever with genuine road safety matters and methods to improve it. These cameras do not do that. And the governments approach in totally ignoring dangerous drivers who have caused accidents supports this.

These cameras are a fine generating excersize, as well as a means to keep useless wankers in jobs dreaming up stupid schemes to fine motorists, so they can then pat themselves on the back for doing a good job because more people get fined.

Totally agree.
Old 28-02-2013, 02:23 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

WOW!!!!!
4months later I had a letter saying I got 6 points Ł450 fine & my licence had been provoked, as I had only been driving 3 months. Anyway.. I appealed took it to court, and walked away with 3 points and Ł115 fine.
I hate it when my license gets provoked.
Old 28-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Brendan
struggling with reality

my mom's car was written off by some one trying to escape the police. They were doing 70 in a 30 zone in the middle of London. My mom was hurt too! They had false plates on too! what did they get? 6 points and a fine.........

13 years ago I got 4 pint for for 60 in a 40 zone in the country. Cop purgered him self in court, I got royally screwed.

About 8 years ago I got a 30 day ban for 113 on the motorway to get home to a wife that needed urgent hospital attention.... It was 00:50 hrs on Christmas morning not really much on the road then....

no one hurt in either incident...... I have also had the police say we do not have free speech in this country any more.......

It is a Political joke.
Old 28-02-2013, 02:37 PM
KregRS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!!!!!

What a TOUCH.
Should have been banned, not just licence revoked. A few mph over the limit, can happen to anyone, but double the limit?
Old 28-02-2013, 02:43 PM
stephenbatey

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW!!!!!

What a TOUCH.

Did the reason you didn't get banned have anything to do with your username by any chance?
Old 28-02-2013, 02:50 PM
cossiejay

sorry to sound hard but you where speeding ,would you be saying the same if you had hit someone,i know we all speed but getting caught is a risk you take
Old 28-02-2013, 02:52 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by cossiejay
sorry to sound hard but you where speeding ,would you be saying the same if you had hit someone,i know we all speed but getting caught is a risk you take
Missing the point completely.
Old 28-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Brendan
struggling with reality

yes my actions probably saved my wives life...

far to risk adverse in British / European society now....
Old 28-02-2013, 03:28 PM
cossiejay

Missing the point completely.
How am Iissing the point the op is moaning about getting caught speeding so don't get caught or don't speed simple
Old 28-02-2013, 03:56 PM
D16PJM

Hugely unlikely they'll let you go on a course for 10mph over. It's usually for less than 5mph. I had to do one for 32 in a 30!!!
I got done 54mph in a 40mph limit, was just before you join the M60, I could see the National speed limit sign so started to speed up and there was a camera van sitting on the side, anyway anything over 53 and you get points and not the course, so 10mph over in a 70 may be o.k for the course
Old 28-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Got my speed awareness course next Weds, got caught coming back from Sheady's in my Evo doing 39 in a 30, no complaint tbh, 9mph over so my fault really.

Last edited by Staffi; 28-02-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 28-02-2013, 05:19 PM
daz1968

I went on one before Xmas for 39 in a 30, so couldn't complain as have done far worse and got away with it.
Old 28-02-2013, 06:19 PM
CraigJ

I got the speed course for doing 63 on a 50 mph dual carridgeway last summer.

4 hours in a holiday inn. The people doing the course we spot on. no bollocking or lecturing just chatting about highway code etc.

Funny enough most of the people there were women.
Old 28-02-2013, 07:32 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Exactly when was I speeding ?

People take risks all the time on the road. Why is speeding such a target for them, when in reality it is the cause of so few accidents ?

You seem to have the same brainwashed notion that speed itself is dangerous. It's people with that sort of mentality who cause accidents, and need educated about the real dangers on our roads.

The governments only agenda is making money. They dont give one fuck about road safety, and they prove it time and time again by their approach to it. The quango's that create all these stupid rules and legislation do so to keep useless cunts in a job...ie them and their mates. If they attach a headling to their work and say it's in the name of road safety, then a lot of braindead idiots will jump on the bandwagon and think it's fantastic.

Try thinking for yourself, then you might realise what needs to be done to improve road safety. Those in government certainly dont do it.
Old 28-02-2013, 08:57 PM
cossiejay

Exactly when was I speeding ?

People take risks all the time on the road. Why is speeding such a target for them, when in reality it is the cause of so few accidents ?

You seem to have the same brainwashed notion that speed itself is dangerous. It's people with that sort of mentality who cause accidents, and need educated about the real dangers on our roads.

Try thinking for yourself, then you might realise what needs to be done to improve road safety. Those in government certainly dont do it.
I am not brainwashed and I can think for my self speeding kills,bad drivers kill,unsafe cars kill the road never kills
Old 28-02-2013, 09:03 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

How am Iissing the point the op is moaning about getting caught speeding so don't get caught or don't speed simple
Well over 90% of all injury accidents occur under the posted speed limit. Targeting speed is not the way to make roads safer, and in many cases speed limits are seemingly arbitrary - as an example I live in a row of 3 semis. The speed limit past the first two is 30mph, the speed limit past the last house is 60mph.

You are allowed to drive past a school at 8.30am in the pouring rain at 30mph. It is illegal to drive past that same school at 8.30pm on a summer's evening at 31mph. One speed is very dangerous, the other is safe.

In many many incidents speed detection devices are at sites where they will raise the most revenue, not where they will reduce accidents.

Granted speeding is speeding - but when an individual feels that their fine is unjust they will complain, and IMO their complaint is justified.
Old 28-02-2013, 09:06 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

I am not brainwashed and I can think for my self speeding kills,bad drivers kill,unsafe cars kill the road never kills
Speed is obviously a factor in all accidents - but actual speeding makes up a small proportion of those accidents, yet attracts pretty much 100% of the Governments focus. Why? Because they can make a lot of money out of it.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Exactly. But one common denominator in all accidents is bad driving.

So where are all the driver education courses for people who cause accidents ? They dont exist.
Why is that ? surely it's common sense in accident prevention ?

A big clause over here when speed cameras came out, was "We want to prevent you speeding, not catch you"
Errmmm so why the feck do camera operators hide half the time !! Highly visible cameras would have been a better prevention.
They dont want to prevent, they want to catch. Prevention doesnt yield tickets.

One site they operated here a few years ago got a severe bashing. The cops said it was outside a school, totally justified....except the school had been closed for 2 years !

Then the drink drive argument. They want a zero limit, or reduced limit. A heated debate perhaps because of what it relates to. But just how many accidents are actually caused by drink alone at that alcohol level ? I suspect very very very few. Far more accidents are caused by totally sober drivers. So where is the highly publicised campaign against them ? It doesnt exist.

Pedestrian deaths ? There are lots of them, so what moves are they making to improve that ? None whatsoever. Why not legislate and enforce high viz clothing for all pedestrian in hours of darkness. Many are killed because they wander onto the road at night and cannot be seen. It wouldnt cost any money worth talking about, yet it would save lives.
Nope...easier just to blame the motorist for killing pedestrians and do nothing about it.

Adverts on TV about drink, careless etc. Again another crock of propaganda shite. WHy dont they put adverts on TV either reminding, or telling people who to use the roads correctly.
Like how to use roundabouts, indicators. Stop at red lights, go on green. Dont be a fucktard and come to a standstill on filter lanes.
Dont use foglights in broad daylight or in totally clear conditions, and when visibility is seriously reduced, dont be another fucktard and drive with no lights on.
I'd love to see these motorists charged with dangerous driving and banned if they drive with no lights on in such conditions.

Ive never even heard of one getting a ticket !!

Bottom line. The government do not give one fuck about road safety. The only thing they care about is lining their own pockets with our taxes and fines for doing nothing wrong.

And not even a mention of cyclists yet ;lol
Old 01-03-2013, 11:31 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

If you were breaking the law you wouldn't have anything to complain about

So as long as its all about catching criminals and getting money from them it will continue to be thus

Regardless of why only 4% of accidents involve speeds higher than those posted, when it comes down to it a 5mph fender bender won't earn the local constabulary any cash money

And with the added bonus of the criminal having to prove their innocence rather than be presumed innocent

Quick Reply: Caught speeding!