General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

200 block..

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Rsmat
300+

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

Yes in a way... Jay forwarded his idea spec and you added the cam.. So in turn yes you was even on my thread buster
Old 01-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay,
My favourite usable road spec is standard comp t34.55 on 55's just real fun
If you want to chase Milk floats thats true . You went in mine at 680bhp Jay are you saying it was not usable. If i remember it was just pedal down & away it went. With the latest EFR on a correctly specced HC engine we expect 800bhp to be just the same such is the incredible progress in Turbo design. Do you guys watch 425 line TV's now or push button 'B' in a phone box to call the operator no but you would still use a t4 CRAZY.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Rsmat
300+

Originally Posted by Rod-Tarry
If you want to chase Milk floats thats true . You went in mine at 680bhp Jay are you saying it was not usable. If i remember it was just pedal down & away it went. With the latest EFR on a correctly specced HC engine we expect 800bhp to be just the same such is the incredible progress in Turbo design. Do you guys watch 425 line TV's now or push button 'B' in a phone box to call the operator no but you would still use a t4 CRAZY.

I'm not chasing number nor am I wanting to set any records I'm happy with around the same power again with scope for future...ROD how can you say stuck to milk floats !... That spec is ideal for corners and the lanes like mine... And that's where your would get left behind... So ill say it again get yours finished and get in it and come try catch me ..so keep ya one trick pony for straight lines doing what it does best and leave the real driving to us that know how to..
Old 01-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Mat,

To be fair to Rod he is right, just cus he's running, or will be a huge blower and power doesn't mean he wouldn't catch you, do you know how well setup his saff is?? I wouldn't like to race it anyway

Why do folks think these new Turbo's are laggy?

Wake up guys, it's called EVOLUTION
Old 01-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Rsmat
300+

Originally Posted by Staffi
Mat,

To be fair to Rod he is right, just cus he's running, or will be a huge blower and power doesn't mean he wouldn't catch you, do you know how well setup his saff is?? I wouldn't like to race it anyway

Listen ROD would not catch ME..!.. Trust me...ask anyone on here who been out through the right bends... I'm not blagging I'm telling the truth ... Anytime he feels I've no drama
Old 01-02-2013, 05:39 PM
neilmanfocus1
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol, I'm not well known on this site but I love reading all the resto threads etc. Firstly to mat, absolutely cracking motor, very envious of you there!! Secondly, I would guess that 80 per cent of everything that comes out of Rods mouth is how anything below around 650 brake is dead slow and that everyone's car is shit apart from his! Now I may be wrong but hasn't his been a work in progress for the past 2-3 years without really racking up much mileage at all?? It's all well and good having the latest Borg EFTYURFD Super turbo with 800 brake but what use is it stuck in a garage not getting driven? Fact of the matter is, a stunningly setup and presented car like mats with 400 brake is plenty enough for what, 90% of us on the ROAD. IMHO if you are driving a 600-800 bhp car on the road and using it to its full potential then you are a bloody danger!! Anyway, rant over, stunning car again buddy.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Are you the driving god Mat ?
Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Rsmat
300+

Are you the driving god Mat ?

Do you want to piss me off aswell ?
Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Rsmat
Do you want to piss me off aswell ?

Now now, if you can't take it and all that

You'll be saying you can beat my Evo next on the twisies
Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Rsmat
300+

Pete I'm not about to be little by wankers... People wana take me for a fucking mug then standby

I'm royally fucked of at Rod ends comments... Fucking sick of it as soon as I mention anything over power he jumps on.. Well fuck him..!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Pete I'm not about to be little by wankers... People wana take me for a fucking mug then standby

I'm royally fucked of at Rod ends comments... Fucking sick of it as soon as I mention anything over power he jumps on.. Well fuck him..!
Mat,

But Rod is a wind up merchant mate, you,ve met in in real life he's so different, just go with him mate, don't let him get to you.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Rsmat
300+

Imfucking had it up to my neck... Ill be having polite words.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Imfucking had it up to my neck... Ill be having polite words.

What did I just say to you Mat, and breathe mate ffs...

Internet banter from him
Old 01-02-2013, 06:20 PM
cossie891
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why does everyone always jump on the wagon when it comes to how someone wants their car especially rod
Old 01-02-2013, 06:31 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

Listen ROD would not catch ME..!.. Trust me...ask anyone on here who been out through the right bends... I'm not blagging I'm telling the truth ... Anytime he feels I've no drama
To be fair a lot of that will be you knowing the roads! There's a fair few twisty roads around Hampshire where you simply would not see what year rod went into!
But like you say a good 380 - 400 bhp is a very fast and capable road car with out doubt
Old 01-02-2013, 06:34 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it does amaze me how everyone keeps saying rods is set up for corners and can go around a track? but has it? if not shut up saying it will!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:39 PM
richard youll
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I think matt is totally happy with the way his car is at current power etc and fair play to him wanting an engine over spec'd to achieve the same results, his engine is tired and noisey and needs a re build so if he's happy with what he has now why not build a very strong engine to handle a basic 400 bhp set up, one day he may want more and if the internals are done he has no need to fuck around stripping the engine , even if he re built his current engine and chose one day to go more power he'd have to spunk large money away and time fucking about again , may as well pay the money now on a decent strong internals stick with his poor mans 400 bhp and be happy he has spent his money the way he sees fit, I'm sure that if he had umpteen pensions to rely on he may well have money to have a 800 bhp 3 door , do your engine how you want it matt for what you want it for its your money at the end of the day. As for evolution it's a 27 year old car allway will no matter what gets bolted to it some people like a 27 year old car to be like a 27 year old car.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:40 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by saph4be
it does amaze me how everyone keeps saying rods is set up for corners and can go around a track? but has it? if not shut up saying it will!
And in the same light mate not meaning to come across as a twat lol until you have been in the car shut up saying it can't as it and rod are very very capable!! after all the car has better than what the raced with on it and did they not go round corners?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:23 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ajamesc
And in the same light mate not meaning to come across as a twat lol until you have been in the car shut up saying it can't as it and rod are very very capable!! after all the car has better than what the raced with on it and did they not go round corners?
thnk if you read what i put properly,i have not said anywere it "can't"
Old 01-02-2013, 07:40 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only one I have on a private road... Got home to find exhaust trousers had split..

http://youtu.be/JLgTGbCw_9A
Such a pointless video to show performance, the video doesn't show it but thats a proper uphill section

@ Rod, evverything else isn't worth having.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:40 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

no one is denying that rods car is quick and can handle the power, i think what peole are forgetting is that mat wants the spec he wants for him (after all, it's only his money he's spending)

he's listed what his requirements are so it's no pint in chasing figures and losing drivability (unless he has very very deep pockets and NEEDS 800 bhp) because that's not what he wants, regardless of everyone telling him that's what he wants

now lighten up folks and smile
Old 01-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Mat,

Tbh Pete I think rods new setup will be horrid on the road , but when it was 680 bhp it was fuckin awesome and considering the suspension was never really setup right it handled brilliantly . I drive the roads every day we were on that night it was deffo faster through the bends that my 450 bhp cossie was , shame really that rod carried on chasing numbers as it was bloody good at that spec and didn't feel leggy compared to most of the t4 powered cars I've been in
Old 01-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rod-Tarry
Yes it was really usable and handled but I still can't work out what scared me the the most the speed of the fuckin thing or you trying to see over the steering wheel
Old 01-02-2013, 08:21 PM
dojj

Yes it was really usable and handled but I still can't work out what scared me the the most the speed of the fuckin thing or you trying to see over the steering wheel
real tears

and real coughing
Old 01-02-2013, 08:34 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Did he forget his booster cushion

Steve
Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 PM
rs_traynor
stage4 2wd cosworth

Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 PM
dingla rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

isn't rods new set up in a tip by now ,or was that just his turbo that went in the bin

some one would have field day what with matts injectors an rods big turbo lol
Old 02-02-2013, 08:08 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

I don't understand why someone would spend all that money for someone else to drive it?

And yet again being a dick over people's pride and joy or are we all meant to build a car at a spec Rod has said ok to?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:11 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 02-02-2013, 08:16 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlos-Titx
I don't understand why someone would spend all that money for someone else to drive it?

And yet again being a dick over people's pride and joy or are we all meant to build a car at a spec Rod has said ok to?
Rod still drives it on the road, and very hard indeed. It's one thing for a pensioner to struggle to get the best out of an 800hp car, but when Mark Shead decides not to do the runs anymore, that's when you know for sure, it's totally mental.

Rod gets enjoyment from his car setting top speed records, this spans back many years, where there were loads of people trying to beat each other
Old 02-02-2013, 10:19 AM
opposite lock
PassionFord Post Troll

Fast milk floats.
Sure 400 ybb engine is more fun than 800 ? It must be due to it being useable in the real world. Id not enjoy a garage queen no matter how fast it went=no fun
Old 02-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesH
Rod gets enjoyment from his car setting top speed records, this spans back many years, where there were loads of people trying to beat each other
And gets enjoyment pissing people off.

Used to think the bloke was a legend till I seem what he is like on here.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

I think people take rod for to seriously lol
Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 PM
dojj

i think rod just lays out the bait and then sits back and watches from a comfy armchair

but, on the flip side, i do think that with his vast experience of what does and doesn't work and how things can spiral out of control, he may be able to offer good decent advice on what can be done with some of the components listed

after all, not everyone has money to plough into a car without needing to worry what happens if it's not to their liking, hence mat asking the question in the first place

mind you, some may say it's a kettle/black situation as i laid out loads of bait to lee the other day in the wrestling thread, the bugger didn't bite though
Old 02-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by dojj
i think rod just lays out the bait and then sits back and watches from a comfy armchair

but, on the flip side, i do think that with his vast experience of what does and doesn't work and how things can spiral out of control, he may be able to offer good decent advice on what can be done with some of the components listed

after all, not everyone has money to plough into a car without needing to worry what happens if it's not to their liking, hence mat asking the question in the first place

mind you, some may say it's a kettle/black situation as i laid out loads of bait to lee the other day in the wrestling thread, the bugger didn't bite though

I was once pissed with rod but actually took the time to get to know him and he can be very passionate at times but in general he knows the minute he says anything under 600 bhp is shite he knows he will get a bite
Old 02-02-2013, 01:09 PM
dojj

I was once pissed with rod but actually took the time to get to know him and he can be very passionate at times but in general he knows the minute he says anything under 600 bhp is shite he knows he will get a bite
meeting him in person and reading what he writes on the net are 2 totally different things

he's a bit like chip, only smaller, and with more hair
Old 02-02-2013, 04:24 PM
v man
Zee Germans are coming

IMHO and I don't mean to sound harsh but rods car is 100% totally pointless

It don't even move
It's always broken

What's the point in that

Mat can get in his car today and drive where ever he wants with no drama

What's the point in having all that " power " if its just gonna shit its self
I can't understand it

For the road 400 is far more than enough power
Plus mats car is 10 times the car of rods anyway imho
Old 02-02-2013, 04:33 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by v man
IMHO and I don't mean to sound harsh but rods car is 100% totally pointless

It don't even move
It's always broken

What's the point in that

Mat can get in his car today and drive where ever he wants with no drama

What's the point in having all that " power " if its just gonna shit its self
I can't understand it

For the road 400 is far more than enough power
Plus mats car is 10 times the car of rods anyway imho
Not that this thread has any thing to do with rods car if we are honest and I'm shore Matt is getting pissed off lol
But I have to say before the latest evolution of the car it ran for a very long time with over 650 bhp with no real faults and it gets the arse kicked out of it when ever he drives it!
It makes we laugh when people say the car is un reliable what mark and rod are doing with that engine is what no one else has ever done with a road going yb! So no doubt there will be teething problems lol
If no one moved things on we would all still think 400bhp is as fast as it gets!
And to be honest I can see where rod is coming from because he will see 400bhp as slow because what he is used to 400bhp is pretty much like getting out and walking! And I'm shore anyone who has been in that car will vouch for that point! you really can not coment on how it drives go,s or handles until you been in it! as im dam shore it will take very little time for you to see what a yb can really do!!!

Last edited by ajamesc; 02-02-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Rsmat
300+

Wait and see what he says to my face and anyone else that wants to walk it

Talk about pissed off at the drama.. !!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:45 PM
dojj

back to the sunject at hand, how many different blocks are there then?

there's the normal 205 block
the 205 block with the smaller 205 stamped on the side
the 200 block
those blocks that are taller
the millington blocks
turkish blocks
and now this cheaper alloy block

is there one standard casting and then other mods are done to it or does each one have individual characteristics that makes it suitable for different power/rev levels?

Quick Reply: 200 block..