General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When is a stolen car not a stolen car

Search this Thread

Old 22-09-2011, 11:38 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by cossieracer
Firstly the car has not been ringed that I know for sure. I had it insured for £19000 at the time but did not want to claim the insurance as I wanted it back I was the second owner of the car with 6000miles on the clock. I have spent a huge amount of money on it and quite frankly it was my hobby, my pride and joy and hoped to have it till the end of time so didn't want the insurance money. Firstly I traced it on EBay and when I was convinced it was mine I called Doug Stirling who agreed yep definitely my car. I then mailed the guy on EBay asked him about the cars history and why he was selling it, to which he came back and said he bought it years ago and had bought it as a doer upper but he needed the money and his wife made him put it up for sale. So straight away I thought great keep the mail (evidence) on account I have owned this car for then the past 12 years I then got my brother to arrange to view it. The eBay seller wanted to meet at a service station on the M5 I then called the police in Somerset who said "nothing to do with them call the police from where it was stolen
south Glos" which I did but by the time they got their backsides in gear it was too late. Eventually it was traced on again and the person wh had it was told that they were not to use it sell it or dispose of it. They said again they bought it as a doer upper (but if you guy trace back all the threads of cossieracer and Doug Stirling you will find that it was anything but a doer upper in fact on one of Dougs threads he remarks what a really nice cossie it was. When I contacted the police last they assured me that the car was not being used by their instructions yet I found it on another web site with pics (clearly not the case) Sadly for me the sergeant dealing with it I had a bit of history with so alas it became personal and I haven't managed to get passed him hence no step forward. I have now contacted my MP in desperation and am awaiting his reply. Other people I now know of this happening to them have in some cases been told it is a civil matter, but how can it become a civil matter when you are given a crime reference number ie a crime turn into a civil matter. I have done quite slot of research and the one thing I know categorly is that a theif cannot pass on what is called good title so any subsequent purchasers of a stolen car have absolutely no rights to it and the car should be returned to the person it was stolen from. Yes in some cases it is sad for the victim who buys the car but let's face it what honest buyer would buy a car like a cossie or any car for that fact that has no receipts of any kind for the last 12 years like nothing no old MOT's no service history bills no receipts for all the upgrades and there are lots all the work was done at interpro nothing. I for sure wouldn't touch it. Ok maybe the guy selling it to me was legit but where is all the paper work??? Sadly my case has a stumbling block with this SGT, ok yes he's done the basics ie got the police in the county where it is to go along and tell the present keeper not to sell it use it, alter it or dispose it which clears him with any come backs but then has ceased to do anything else about it leaving everything in limbo, yet the person who has it now is still using it. I am so frustrated with the whole thing I just want what belongs to me, my car
Originally Posted by luke19790_3
why didn't you meet the guy at the m5 service station , then drive it home. if its your name he can't do anything
More to the point, why didn't she use paragraphs?
Old 22-09-2011, 11:51 AM
DazS1Turbo
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cossieracer
I myself has had their car stolen. I know who has it but as of yet it has still not been recovered and returned to me the person who holds what is called "Good Title" I have learned that a thief cannot pass on "Good Title" so any subsequent owners of the stolen vehicle cannot pass on "Good Title" and so when the car is recovered it is to be returned to the person that last held "GOOD TITLE" Please may I ask the law enforcers that are members of this site if they would kindly PM me to enlighten me on the law and how I may possibly get my car back I would really appreciate it. My car has been passed on several times now and in each incident where a police officer has attended the new keeper they have said that they have bought it as a doer upper, yet most people who know me and the car will know that only the very best upgrades etc etc has been used/spent on the car and I used to go to many shows and have many photos to show that this car was anything but a doer upper but this seems to be the words "doer upper" that keeps the police from seizing the car. I am not alone and have found many others on the Internet that are in the same position. So how come some cars are seized and returned to it's rightful owner yet others are not. Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated. I am going out of my mind with this as I am sure any of you guys would be if it happened to you. Please help I REALLY MISS MY COSSIE. I still have all the documents the original V5 my purchase receipt bought it outright and all the service history with invoices plus all the replacement parts and upgrade invoices which are to the value of £30,000 (no doer upper) all the old MOT's in fact I have every document and there are lots from 1996 to 2008. The very sad thing is the person who had/has it now claims to have the same which I can assure you doesn't as we both can't have it right?? I can produce it and can assure you he can't please, please, please will somebody help thank you
Old 22-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't this post or similar always appear shortly after the "I found an ESCOS and its mine now" thread re appears?

Someone clearly trying to stir shit.
Old 22-09-2011, 05:33 PM
YOREVOL
YOREVOL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my head hurts after reading all that shite.
Old 22-09-2011, 05:45 PM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by YOREVOL
my head hurts after reading all that shite.
+1
Old 22-09-2011, 05:46 PM
dug112y
passionford pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this has been going on a while i mind reading about it ....its brain numbing.
IIRC the car was sold then regretted sale or something along those lines
Old 22-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok .. end point to the story ..
IF IT IS STOLEN THEN GO AND REPORT IT ...

if you do not report it stolen then nothing will be done about it... just because you report it stolen it doesnt mean an insurance company will write it off .. it means the police will do summit about it .. and by your postings it seems you have failed to report it stolen... so no in reality the police will not do anything...