General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

£50 fine for taking kids on holiday!!

Search this Thread

Old 29-09-2010, 02:45 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
StephenC, I know not of any source of education or knowledge.
^you should have left that sentence there!!

However you try and dress things up, you got something particuarly wrong
its wrong because you say so right? Sorry, I'll make do with the dictionaries explanation rather than yours.

determined to do with your own wretched offspring on a frequent basis
kind of over stepping the mark there Chip, talk about me all you wont, dont bring my life and blood in to it who you've definately never met!!!!

and I felt the irony worth a mention. Instead of just take the banter for what it was and accept you were wrong, you set about trying to prove you are right, which is of course impossible, so Ive just been pointing that out to you along the way.
Ive proved im more right than you have. Still waiting for your 'proof' on why your right.
Old 29-09-2010, 02:46 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Originally Posted by Steve the Plumber
I havent read the full post but;

What happens it you dont pay it?
within 28 days its £50, after that £100 then after that its possible fine of £1000
Old 29-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Steve the Plumber
The original Rouge Trader

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by StephenC
within 28 days its £50, after that £100 then after that its possible fine of £1000

Oh!
Old 29-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

^you should have left that sentence there!!
English TBH is not my strong point anyway relatively speaking as far as education goes as I only did it to GCSE level where as I did other studies to degree level, so Im far more of a scientist than I am an english teacher really, but obviously in the context of talking to yourself im an expert relatively speaking, as after all in the land of the blind the one eyed man can be king.

its wrong because you say so right? Sorry, I'll make do with the dictionaries explanation rather than yours.
No mate, I dont make the rules, Im merely telling you what is considered to be correct english, not because I say it is, but because that is the offical line on it.

kind of over stepping the mark there Chip, talk about me all you wont, dont bring my life and blood in to it who you've definately never met!!!!
I havent overstepped the mark at all. It was an accurate comment about your wretched children.

As you seem to like dictionary definitions, here is one for "wretch":
an unfortunate person who suffers from some adverse circumstance
In this case the unfortunate circumstance being that they wanted to go on holiday at a time that wasnt acecptable to the school.

Ive proved im more right than you have. Still waiting for your 'proof' on why your right.
No mate, you have proved nothing at all, all you have done is quoted a load of out on context definitions that you mistakenly believe back up your INCORRECT belief in the correct use of the words Been/Being.
To all of us who actually speak english, those "proofs" were proof of nothing more than your inability to understand this concept, possibly as a result of you being continually dragged out of school as a child.

I have been using the word "being" in the correct context throughout this thread, and if you choose to stop being so determined to proove yourself right when you are wrong and start being interested in learning from this thread, then you can do so simply by reading my posts.
Old 29-09-2010, 03:05 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

fuck me this post is off topic - if i wanted a fucking english lesson i would have gone to school

ffs
Old 29-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by R4N S S
fuck me this post is off topic - if i wanted a fucking english lesson i would have gone to school
And if you didnt want to go to school then presumably you would go on holiday with StephenC and his wretched kids?

Old 29-09-2010, 03:09 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

chip, you are being pedantic and are able to annoy most people on this thread
Old 29-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor.

Indeed, annoy most but only amuse some, as the others lack the required education to notice the subtle bits (or merely have better things to do )

Last edited by Chip; 29-09-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 29-09-2010, 03:18 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor.

nah i was down the offy getting blitzed on Diamond White
Old 29-09-2010, 04:00 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Those of us who have the advantage of having kids are in a much better position to comment in thread than those who don't.

No matter how well off you are it doesn't change the factthat you won't always get the same level of education even if you go to the same schools and get the same resluts on you exams, some people are easier to teach than others and some people digest what thy are taught much easier as well.

At 2 and 4 I can already see the differencesin my kids and how they are taking to learning even the most basic things, junior knows but doesn't want to apply himself, baby doesn't k ow but wants to have a go at everything so it's a constant struggle.

And as we aren't in the position to take the kids out of school we won't but if we could we would. When they are older it won't be possible as highschools are a lot tougher than little schools.
Old 29-09-2010, 04:15 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Not got time for a long post but fuck me chip, you sure think a lot of yourself!!! Be careful up there, its a long fall down!!! Not sure I've ever come across someone so far up their own arse and still retained the ability to speak, well done.
Old 29-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Chip

Not got time for a long post but fuck me chip, you sure think a lot of yourself!!! Be careful up there, its a long fall down!!! Not sure I've ever come across someone so far up their own arse and still retained the ability to speak, well done.
Originally Posted by chip
English TBH is not my strong point anyway relatively speaking as far as education goes as I only did it to GCSE level
Yeah man, proper bigging myself up there as an english teacher
Thats my whole point that you are missing, to make the sort of primary school level errors with words that you are making implies your education was particuarly poor, not that anyone else who knows better must be a genius.

I can speak english reasonably well, I dont think that is a particuarly massive claim to be making TBH

Last edited by Chip; 29-09-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 29-09-2010, 04:34 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

I was referring to you feeling somehow superior to everyone else in this world by way of trying to talk down at people. Luckily or not so luckily, you decide, it does nothing more than make you look even more of a fool than people already see you as. It's probably best that you haven't got kids, I don't reckon on there been enough room in a house for two of your ego's.
Just to set the record straight my children are not unfortunate in any way shape or form. They're leading a fun and interesting childhood, something you seemed to have lacked. And I'll remind you again, its up to me to judge MY children not you.
Old 29-09-2010, 04:35 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

We never got fined for a weeks term time holiday in March, but did get a Social Services, and Police Welfare visit because we kept our lad off school when he had a conjunctivitis, this was because the school's(Wayland High School Watton) policy was 2 days off then back to school, the Dr and confirmed by the Practice Manageress, Mary Osborne said it had to be totally cleared up, and said 1 week off, we were threatened with a fine even after I pointed out I thought he docs knew more about health than the school head teacher, one of the "responsible teachers was taking children out in her MPV on lesson stuff, with no insurance for herself or the mpv, let alone to do extra school stuff, I reported her so I know it's true.
When he was off ill I asked for homework that I could collect for him, despite 4 different teachers assuring myself that would be no problem it never happened I went everyday but still no joy, must be very concerned.
Fortunately I had military education, as I think most uk schools are shockingly bad.
I wouldn't pay it personally.
tabetha
Old 29-09-2010, 04:39 PM
m_nettleship
PassionFord Post Troll

Fuck me stfu chip. you Talk utter SHIT.

As 4 the fine harsh int it, but u saved alot anyway so just pay, even though its wrong! more hassle not paying it isent it.
Old 29-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Received 303 Likes on 197 Posts

Pay it you tight cunt

You must have saved more than £50 going off season?

But if you asked permission from the school and they gave your children work did they not mention you would get a fine also?
Old 29-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I think it's disgusting that the holiday companies are allowed to charge so much during school holidays! My childrens school warns that you may be fined if you take them out of school during school time, but as far as i know, no-one local has been caught.

If the government want this to stop, they should arrange something with the travel/holiday firms, But to be honest, i can't ever see that happening as the holiday companies would lose out massively.

I was taken out of school during term time, my education probably did suffer, but it was the only way i could go 'away' with my family. I'm now in my dream job, which i didn't need any qualifications at all for. Sure, if i studied more i could have been sitting on an office somewhere staring at a computer all day and earning lots, but i wouldn't be having as much fun as i am now . A good education gives you a good start in life, but it never defines where you will end up.
Old 29-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.. STFU please Chip!! How annoying...???
Old 29-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by m_nettleship
Fuck me stfu chip. you Talk utter SHIT.
Actually its StephenC talking the shit, I was just being kind enough to correct him

But if you dont want to read my replies, simply click on "ignore user" on my profile rather than fill up threads whinging about something you can change for yourself anyway.

As 4 the fine harsh int it, but u saved alot anyway so just pay, even though its wrong! more hassle not paying it isent it.
yeah man init!
Old 29-09-2010, 05:28 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

£100 a day for the school the mrs works at, plus the addition of losing the placement at the school so they are now taking it very seriously. You have to take the stance that if the teachers have to pay higher prices to go on holiday then why do they let the parents take their kids out at cheaper prices.

It's not right I know to exploit parents like the travel companies do but thems the rules and paying the fine is a warning for next time.
Old 29-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Westy
jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.. STFU please Chip!! How annoying...???
If you dont want to read my replies, simply click on "ignore user" on my profile rather than fill up threads whinging about something you can change for yourself anyway.
Old 29-09-2010, 05:34 PM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

we asked for permission to take our children out of school in term time & they said yes from both our children's schools after we filled out the permission slips.
Old 29-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridgey
IMO it just shows your level of responsibility as a parent.
Nothing to do with costs or what would be missed in lessons.
Plus it sets an example for our future generations on priorities.

Social standards are slipping in this country (and we all are unhappy about them), and some of the replies to this thread reconfirm my dismay at the way this country is going.

100% agree! I am also a parent of 4 so guess the "spot those with parents" troop can poke that argument!

No-one has even pointed out that the kids get SIX WEEKS on hols already! Well 6 in Scotland anyway. If you cant arrange to take the kids away in that time there is something far wrong!

A holiday is NOT a right. An education IS. It's extremely selfish of an adult to make that decision on behalf of a child.

Who gives a fuck if it was "the norm" 10-15-20 years ago. It shouldn't have been tolerated ever really.

I agree with chip, fine them more!
Old 29-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Received 303 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by andy escos
we asked for permission to take our children out of school in term time & they said yes from both our children's schools after we filled out the permission slips.
That's what we also did, so I don't understand why StevenC has still got a fine even when they supplied his children with work to complete?
Old 29-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

Maybe i've been doing it all wrong... i should really go to france and come back under a lorry, be given a house, have lots and lots of children, never work... perhaps then i'd actually be able to afford to go on holiday during the summer! but thats a different argument entirely really.

fact is, if holidays were the same price all year round, no-one would bother to take their kids out of school to go. I can see why the government are doing this though, it's far easier to fine parents that disobey, than make a deal with the holiday companies which would help them.
Old 29-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by MD Cos
it's far easier to fine parents that disobey, than make a deal with the holiday companies which would help them.
You think it's up to the government to determine a holiday price?

You ever heard of supply and demand?
Old 29-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by MD Cos
Maybe i've been doing it all wrong... i should really go to france and come back under a lorry, be given a house, have lots and lots of children, never work... perhaps then i'd actually be able to afford to go on holiday during the summer! but thats a different argument entirely really.

fact is, if holidays were the same price all year round, no-one would bother to take their kids out of school to go. I can see why the government are doing this though, it's far easier to fine parents that disobey, than make a deal with the holiday companies which would help them.
Yeah, the fucking cunts, its like they charge more in the summer than the winter too for beach holidays, what the fuck are they playing at?
Its almost like the government are letting consumer decisions and a free market economy and the effects of supply and demand impact the price of items, I could have sworn the tory manifesto said this would be a communist state if we elected them

Last edited by Chip; 29-09-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 29-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

Originally Posted by Lambchop
You think it's up to the government to determine a holiday price?

You ever heard of supply and demand?

unfortunately so... hence why the electricity/gas companies announce 'we're cutting your costs' when winter is over

damn this non-ideal world we live in!
Old 29-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

Yeah, the fucking cunts, its like they charge more in the summer than the winter too for beach holidays, what the fuck are they playing at?
Its almost like the government are letting consumer decisions and a free market economy and the effects of supply and demand impact the price of items, I could have sworn the tory manifesto said this would be a communist state if we elected them

I think they should introduce a 'you're a working family, so here's a ton of money to have a holiday in the summer' benefit to help out, ideally with money from a new 'time spent on the internet' tax. i bet i know who'd be paying the most on here
Old 29-09-2010, 06:43 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Just my two pence on the subject.

i) At the end of the day, going to school it important, missing it for what ever the reason unless its illness, family bereavements and other horrific events is inexcusable. But think of the message your giving your kids, skiving off is more important than work? I can imagine you may have even said "This beats going to school eh kids?" on one or more occasions. Setting the example of responsibility for ones own development and work ethic is the corner stone of every persons career. Kids should be encouraged and actively praised for going to school and you know what? They might actually enjoy it and have a good time doing well and making you proud of their achievements.

ii) People who say school never taught them anything and you have never used what you learned it is utter rubbish. You can speak, read and write, do math, and pretty much everything else you need to do just to get through todays complicated and hectic life.

iii) The difference in prices to go away is criminal imo, however, didn't stop my family finding budget ways to go away when we had holiday time. Book in early, get the mega early bird for the trips, look at last second deals, stay closer to home. Yes its not as nice as you may want it, but its a holiday and its time with the family no matter what you do. You have kids and comes with that responsibility

iv) Kids get it easy enough as it is anyway! All them end of term and half term holidays and finishing at 3pm every day, do they really need another two weeks off.

Last edited by MadMac; 29-09-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 29-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

RE: the fine

You knew about it before you went, you still went anyway, man the fuck up and pay it.

Some families cant even afford to take a holiday any time of year so think yourself lucky

RE: everything else

Chip is right. Sorry.
Old 29-09-2010, 07:12 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes mate, people seemed to be enjoying finding the floors so much I thought it worth adding a phew.
Flaws

Mate, just accept that the context you used the word in was incorrect. I've been paid every day for last 13 years of my life to, among other things, spot mistakes like that. Nothing you have quoted backs up your argument in the slightest.

100% agree! I am also a parent of 4 so guess the "spot those with parents" troop can poke that argument!

No-one has even pointed out that the kids get SIX WEEKS on hols already! Well 6 in Scotland anyway. If you cant arrange to take the kids away in that time there is something far wrong!

A holiday is NOT a right. An education IS. It's extremely selfish of an adult to make that decision on behalf of a child!
So you think that taking a 6 year old child out of school for a couple of days is selfish? Even if the child is doing work meant for the next year up, as she's progressed so well?

It's entirely dependant on the child, and the family – There are loads of factors which affect the situation such as the child's age, parents level of interaction with their kids, the child's level of intellect, and the length of time taken off (a week max is acceptable IMO)

A week with the family in a loving environment where they learn about, and experience, things they don't do during the normal week is by no means a bad thing, and to think it is, to me at least, seems a very strange view for a parent to have.

Last edited by DanW@FastFord; 29-09-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 29-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

God help any of these children if they become ill on a school day.
Old 29-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Chip being a complete arse hole as usual. Some things never change.

Benni.
Old 29-09-2010, 07:45 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Flaws
you missed one
Old 29-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Go on holiday in Kids holiday time.

Thats what its there for. Children going to school every day is important and what prepares them for work.

Maybe their parents teaching them school is not important by going on holiday is part of the reason why so many young adults are too lasy to do a days work!

IMO and thats all it is. it is that its wrong to take a holiday during school time!

If youre child is sick then she or he is sick (as long as its genuine)

My Oldest (4 years old) has not missed one day of school and loves it (for the time being lol) she has come in to me and the wife and said

"my tummy hurts"

I say "what enough to stop you going to school"

She says

"of course not Daddy"

If i was to say from day 1

"OH NO we better not send you to school"

and she has a day off and realises what fun it is being lazy and sitting infront of the telly all day maybe she might want to get sick more often

If you catch my drift.

Although saying someones parenting is not right (only in my opinion of course) normally pisses people off that think it is right. as eveyone thinks they know best with their kids. Me included!

Last edited by Ebonycossie4x4; 29-09-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 29-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

A holiday is NOT a right. An education IS. It's extremely selfish of an adult to make that decision on behalf of a child.

Who gives a fuck if it was "the norm" 10-15-20 years ago. It shouldn't have been tolerated ever really.

I agree with chip, fine them more!
Me and you are on the same page mate!

bang on!
Old 29-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Here's a funny thought i had while offline.

People are taking their kids out of school before term ends so that they get a cheaper holiday, presumably because they cant afford it.

Does that mean there's more chance that the more clever people can afford it and hence are more likely to have been the people who didn't get taken out of school early?

A bit of a sweeping statement but rather ironic i think

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
So you think that taking a 6 year old child out of school for a couple of days is selfish? Even if the child is doing work meant for the next year up, as she's progressed so well?

It's entirely dependant on the child, and the family – There are loads of factors which affect the situation such as the child's age, parents level of interaction with their kids, the child's level of intellect, and the length of time taken off (a week max is acceptable IMO)

A week with the family in a loving environment where they learn about, and experience, things they don't do during the normal week is by no means a bad thing, and to think it is, to me at least, seems a very strange view for a parent to have.
Correct, no excuses it should not happen.

I never did mention the 2 weeks at easter, 2 weeks at october or the 2 weeks at xmas on top of the 6 weeks summer hols and numerous bank holidays and in-service days did i?

PLENTY time to do some holidaying in there.

Originally Posted by Benni
Chip being a complete arse hole as usual. Some things never change.

Benni.

Benni i used to think he was an arsehole until i realised he's usually right and it was a small clash of personality

He's right and thats what people don't like
Old 29-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

He's right and thats what people don't like
Yep People generally hate anyone thats right! Especially if its not what they thought...
Old 29-09-2010, 08:02 PM
roofer ron
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Steve the Plumber
I havent read the full post but;

What happens if you dont pay it?
They get a free week at butlins......

Quick Reply: £50 fine for taking kids on holiday!!