General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

look like prison??

Search this Thread

Old 30-08-2010, 03:33 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
Mark, Tim....

what would you do if someone hit your misses?

would you not do anything because you would become a 'thug' ?

i think we already know the answer to this
Old 30-08-2010, 04:33 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My point here is regarding his conduct whilst on a suspended sentence been very stupid. Maybe I was a bit harsh in what I first put but I was so shocked somebody would do that!
Old 30-08-2010, 04:36 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by timrud
My point here is regarding his conduct whilst on a suspended sentence been very stupid. Maybe I was a bit harsh in what I first put but I was so shocked somebody would do that!
answer the question please.
Old 30-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt - You're going to have to look all sweet and innocent to the Jury - trust me, when I was on Jury Service last December, someone was in for similar and looked all innocent and sorry and was found not guilty

Someone else was in for another fighting/public order related offence (Think it was a section 5 or something like that) and looked like a right scrote and was found guilty

Has fuckall to do with the evidence half the time, first impressions count

BTW - I reccomend you take with you plenty of bars of soap for use in the slammer just incase you can't do the whole "innocent looking" thing
Old 30-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

the sympathy vote on your wife getting punched soon goes out the window when you annouce that you are a football hooligan. You are whats stopped me going to watch football matches.
Old 30-08-2010, 04:48 PM
rst deany
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by FordsR4Chavs
Magistrates dont have the power for custodial so can imagine (no matter the mitigating circumstances) that its going to be time in clink.
u dont no what u talking about magistrates can give u up to 2 years in jail!!!!!!
Old 30-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Originally Posted by rst deany
u dont no what u talking about magistrates can give u up to 2 years in jail!!!!!!

That is correct - Also, if he goes before a Disctrict Judge instead of a bench of 3 Magistrates in the Magistrates court then he can get longer IIRC as a DJ doesn't have to keep refering to points of law for clarification and can also serve in a Crown Court.

Or so I was led to beleive by the Jury Service advisor
Old 30-08-2010, 05:00 PM
turbochild
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally think the first guy that took a hiding off Matt for hitting his missus is a bell end for going to the cops i'd expect a smack if i hit someones missus i bet the prick put in for compo too for getting done to him what he was prepared to do to someone else. As for the second insident then that was a tad silly Matt but at the end of the day if you run about shouting your mouth off acting the dick there is always gonna be someone like matt to clump ya he wasn't looking for trouble in my eyes it came to him the second time and indirectly the first time.

I've seen guys have a disagreement in the pub go outside knock the shit out of each other and both go in and finish there drinks and that was the end of it plus they would speak to each other a week or so later it's to much of a nanny state imo and i certainly don't wanna pay my taxes to support matts prison life if he gets it while the real dickheads get compo!!!!
Old 30-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Mark 3D

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark, Tim....

what would you do if someone hit your misses?

would you not do anything because you would become a 'thug' ?

you obviously missed the whole point of everything i said!!
Old 30-08-2010, 05:22 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Got to love the cowardly tags.... At least have the bollocks to post it!

First incident I can see why you did what you did, the big problem was that it wasn't in the heat of the moment, but premeditated. Sounds like he was a dick, if I had hit a girl by mistake ( ps I don't ever fight as I'm a girl and don't like pain)I would be the most apologetic person in the world!

Second incident maybe could have been handled differently, but again without being there at the time I can't really say.

Hope you don't get sent down, far more people need that place than you!
Old 30-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Mark 3D

Originally Posted by rsmat
im not asking for sympathy because i fully understand what ive done...i only wanted your views on what was the likely outcome...as for marky..timrud and rest ive tken your views on board and i also agree with ya..
Originally Posted by rsmat
either way im going to do a anger management course.
My first impressions of you when i read this thread were "mindless thug" I apologise for that incorrect assumption, although I still do not nessecarily agree with what you did, it would appear reading your further accounts that there was certainly some needless provocation which wholly contributed to your actions.

Im impressed with both statements of yours which i have quoted above which show youre certainly not mindless so it seems a shame that you have got yourself in this situation!!

I now truly hope that the judge shows you some leniency and that you dont go to prison this time but can i suggest maybe going to football matches is a bad idea when youre on a suspended sentence!!

i think you need a new hobby.... get yourself a loom and do some weaving!! i have never heard of seamstress related violence so you should be safe doing that!!

good luck with your case
Old 30-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Mark 3D

Originally Posted by danneth
i think we already know the answer to this
which is what!!??
Old 30-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Whilst I can understand the situation with your wife you sound like you do need to learn to control your temper better.

I think you will go down for 400,000 years.
Old 30-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Elwood

Originally Posted by rst deany
Neither do you!

The maximum custodial sentence for ONE offence is six months. For the absolute maximum of twelve months, there would have to be multiple offences. Should the offences be deemed serious enough in nature, or the circumstances too severe, then a case would likely be sent to the Crown Court for sentencing, where there is no limit on the custodial sentence passed, save for the guidelines on each offence.
Old 30-08-2010, 05:59 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Agree with the likes of Lampchop and Fiddy etc, fair play on hitting the bloke who smacked your partner, I think if it happened to us then most of us would do the same or at least consider doing the same. Some can talk about 'accidental' all they like but if a guy is on the beer in a club and throwing his arms about then he deserves to get a punch.

As for the trouble at football thing though, well that's your own silly mistake there mate, with you on defending your loved ones thing but you should have kept calm knowing you was close to getting in extra strife if you did anything else. Good luck with it but lesson learned.
Old 30-08-2010, 06:06 PM
RS_CHAZ
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Im going to stick my neck out here and say you wont go down. The reason for this are as follows:

1. Completed Your Community Service
2. The events surrounding the football match and your 9 year old cousin
3. Current In-mate levels at the moment

I think your likely to get something along the lines of a fine, more community service, ordered to attend anger management classes and an extended suspended sentance. I would have your solicitor mention to the courts your intention of Anger Management classes and obviously make it clear that you were acting in self defence and protecting your nephew at the time. Even tho this doesnt condone your actions, it can be taken into account why you acted as you had.

Hope it works out for you mate
Old 30-08-2010, 06:08 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

you should have just pleaded self defence, there were 3 of them and only one of you and, being that you were on the receiving end of a phone call that your wife had been beaten up, you wern't exectly thinking straight when you got there and these lads were just getting into a cab and driving off

so you obviously followed them to find out where they were going before reporting it to the police yes?

and they got all leary and one of them tried to assult you

case closed

or

the fact that you are a violent footie thug that beats up policemen in his spare time should see you being sent down for life without parole

you should have stuck to being a benifits drug cheat, you'd have been free to do whatever yuo wanted to do and no one would have taken any notice

hope you get a sympathetic judge, my cousin spent 4 months away for affray and theft of some blokes wig that he tore off as he was about to smack him in the face and he said that the judge was in a foul mood that morning
Old 30-08-2010, 06:19 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

Mat I missed your posts earlier. Nice one for taking my points on board, sorry if I came over a bit cuntish. Your attitude is spot on. Good luck for court, it's a coin flip IMO
Old 30-08-2010, 06:21 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hope your ok on this one but as Graceland said,its all about first impressions so make sure you dont look too much of a pretty boy with earrings,tattoos on show etc. Dowdy suit,not like your trying out for a boyband,geeky hair(if you have any!!) really does go so far with these judges its unbelievable.Get a good letter written from either your employer,your old army sargent,a copper,solicitor,someone you know whos "respected" in the community,again this all helps. A good solicitor will be a massive help,theres so many technicalities they maybe able to help you on as this was clearly a "moment of madness" on your behalf as you were just protecting your nephew.

Theres always people in the world who dont regret their actions,like the prick that goaded you after hitting your missus,accidently or otherwise and as posted above,this pricks just thinking of the compo now while you (possibly) do some bird.I`ve been handy with the fists in the past but I got caught and luckily avoided jail even though it was similar circumstances.I got fined,luckily,he was there laughing at me,goaded me all the way up to the trial,upset my missus at the time(his ex wife) so I decided theres a much better place to hit someone,in the pocket and after your anger management I hope you decide the same.

It worked for me
Old 30-08-2010, 06:31 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by markyd3
you obviously missed the whole point of everything i said!!
i think i did....

What is your point?
Old 30-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Rsmat
300+

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

thanks guys/girls so far...as for 1 of the post ill let you all know im no football hooligan!!..i was taking my cousin if you read right what i wrote...im no fucking muppet..although ive acted 1 my imo...

as for the tags id be man enough to post em so why dont you...although they are funny...lol.
Old 30-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

LOL - You'll be fine Matt - Can't see it ever getting to the prison stage, if it does it'll probably be a low securty/open type place

Worst case scenario, give me a shout if you want "breaking in" before you get locked up

Couldn't resist that joke, sorry
Old 30-08-2010, 06:54 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

p.s am i ok to look after the mrs for you?
Old 30-08-2010, 07:08 PM
220tel
PassionFord Regular

sounds like you are suffering from paranoia are you taking drugs at all
your a loose canon that will end up hitting some one defenceless and killing them
either that or you will get the hiding of your life before you calm down
time to grow up i think
Old 30-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

Originally Posted by 220tel
your a loose canon that will end up hitting some one defenceless and killing them
time to grow up i think
what?

Either way, best of luck mate, hope it goes well.
Old 30-08-2010, 07:30 PM
toff
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Like most said you may get a few months and do half which is'nt that bad. Head dowm and get on with it, its easier than the cells .
You might even get anger management course for a year
Old 30-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Mark 3D

i think i did....

What is your point?
my point was about the whole ACCIDENT part of it!!

If someoone walked up to my missus and hit her then yes of course i would do something about it!! in that case 99% of blokes would!! as you well know and as I stated quite catergorically in my posts I was more arguing the fact that the fellas missus in this case was struck by ACCIDENT!!! and therefore was kicking the shit out of him absolutely nessecary.
Old 30-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Rsmat
300+

Originally Posted by 220tel
time to grow up i think

im not suffering from paranoia and i certainly dont take drugs..mate.
Old 30-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Rsmat
300+

Originally Posted by Graceland
LOL - You'll be fine Matt - Can't see it ever getting to the prison stage, if it does it'll probably be a low securty/open type place

Worst case scenario, give me a shout if you want "breaking in" before you get locked up

Couldn't resist that joke, sorry
its ok mate...i like your humour....

Originally Posted by danneth
p.s am i ok to look after the mrs for you?
ROFL...... no danger
Old 30-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Danny @ Enhanced Performance
BANNED
BANNED

I dont know all the facts here but i do know if someone hit my missus accident or not then in 99 out of 100 cases someone would get a wack!!!
As for the football fighting shit then im affraid thats a proper mugs game and after the first let off your an idiot for being in that situation and as said id expect a short holiday!!

cheers danny
Old 30-08-2010, 08:21 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by markyd3
my point was about the whole ACCIDENT part of it!!

If someoone walked up to my missus and hit her then yes of course i would do something about it!! in that case 99% of blokes would!! as you well know and as I stated quite catergorically in my posts I was more arguing the fact that the fellas missus in this case was struck by ACCIDENT!!! and therefore was kicking the shit out of him absolutely nessecary.
you would still hit a person though Mark.
Old 30-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Mark 3D

you would still hit a person though Mark.
i never said i wouldnt mate!!?

but thankfully not many fellas walk up to women and hit them for no reason lol

Last edited by Mark 3D; 30-08-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 30-08-2010, 09:07 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Football related normally ends in a custodial. Is very much frowned upon and a big deal made out of it by the courts and media etc. I made 3 papers for hardly nothing for a football related incidents. Though didnt help with a 110 page dossier on me.

Another ball ache is being banned from footy and having to hand your passpor tion every england away game.

Good luck anyway matt.
Old 30-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Rsmat
300+

thanks guys..its took a weight of my shoulders to talk about it tbh.
Old 30-08-2010, 10:18 PM
rst deany

Originally Posted by Elwood
Neither do you!

The maximum custodial sentence for ONE offence is six months. For the absolute maximum of twelve months, there would have to be multiple offences. Should the offences be deemed serious enough in nature, or the circumstances too severe, then a case would likely be sent to the Crown Court for sentencing, where there is no limit on the custodial sentence passed, save for the guidelines on each offence.
yeah but they COULD give u up to 2 year if u had 4 charges!!!

yeah he will have 2 charges at least breach of the suspended and the football incidnt!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rst deany; 30-08-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 30-08-2010, 10:20 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

Mat itt all depend on your history do you have a long list or small for convictions?was anyone disfigured aswell?hope all goes in your wayalso do you work?that goes good for you aswell
Old 30-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Rsmat
300+

Originally Posted by CRAIG HAYTER
Mat itt all depend on your history do you have a long list or small for convictions?was anyone disfigured aswell?hope all goes in your wayalso do you work?that goes good for you aswell
no i dont craig mate...and i have a job.
Old 30-08-2010, 10:29 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

Well i would say dont worry it will be a fine you seem the normal guy from what iam reading on here and these things happen did your girlfreind press charges on the boy?......hope so!!!go in suited and booted talk clear and polite always makes a good impression
Old 30-08-2010, 10:30 PM
paul0461

if someone hit your wife. and didnt even appologise for the 'accident' i think your in every right to fuck him up. the law is a bastard. as for the footie violence id love to see someone smack someone for mouthing off. just to bad you got caught, problem is the law likes to make examples of particular people.....
Old 30-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

TBH id of done the same. But then i do have a act first sort the shit out later mentality and i am a bit paranoid! Not saying you are paranoid matt, although i would expect you to be a bit hypervigilant compared to your average civvy due to your training and experience which makes you that way.

you getting any legal advice?? might be worth trying to build up some mitigation to try and make it look different than a normal bit of unwarranted violence.

Quick Reply: look like prison??