General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

speeding and getting banned

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 08:18 PM
paul16v
Monte 087

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Where is Wenny he has had a good few bans in his time lol well over 100 points aswell
Old 04-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paul16v
Where is Wenny he has had a good few bans in his time lol well over 100 points aswell
He's had a few licenses too as I remember?
Old 04-03-2010, 09:03 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

36 in a 30 is the best I have managed, how sad. those 3 points went away 8 years ago.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Turbosimpsons
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got caught bout 8yrs ago. 126mph in a 60. was doing 150, managed to slow to 126. asbourne by-pass coming from Donnington BSB. 2month ban. best thing is i got no points and it didn't affect my insurance at re-newal time.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:44 PM
MunkeyboyRS
Bananas!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best I can manage, is two sets of 3points 45 in a 30, stupidly it was by two MARKED car sitting on the side of the road under street lights! and a 70 in a 60, the worse thing is both sets of points I got in my slowest car iv owned, it only did 75!
Had one really bad telling off on the side of the road, on the a1, near stamford there is a back road junction, road runs dead straight along side of the a1 for bout half a mile, slow dip to lower than the a1 and a tunnel bridge under the a1 at the bottom, now I came tanking down this straight at well over 3figures in the rs and hard stop to the line to turn into the tunnel, now you would believe it sitting in this tunnel was 4 traffic car, two from stamford and two from grantham,its their turn around point.
As they didnt see me only hear me, I got the bollocking of my life!
Came close to trouble again coming home after seeing my sis's, the whole 2hour drive, I had men in there bmws and benz ect trying to have a lil play on the motorways. Dropping down a slip road, there was a black S3 on the inside lane I was in the out side lane, I could see the chap looking at me so I thought oks come on, I just cut the end of the hatched line round another car, as I looked across the bonnet of the car i over took, I could see it was two happy face cops in the s3, I shit my pants as I was just coming on to boost! I keep it under 70 and they followed me for about 9mile.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:50 PM
liam-rst
shit happens

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

u got away lightly, i got caught doin 132 on my bike an got a yr ban, 100 hrs community service an a 600 quid fine
Old 04-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Running from the police isnt very clever really!!

Originally Posted by Caprigirl
Blonde hair and boobs works everytime
Pictures so we can decide why they let you off

Ive never had a ban for speeding although i do currently have 9 points for speeding although nothing special, 80, 86 and 91 on motorways/dual carriageways. Ive had my license revoked for being nuts twice now so i guess i have had a "ban" if we are being pedantic.

Medical license revokations suck big time as for nutty things it skyrockets insurance as you have to declare it. There is NO 56 or more days then all points removed as with criminal bans. plus there is NO time limits for declaring to insurance as its a health condition and they can make you declare for life unless i can convince a shrink to say im 100% cured, but they dont do that, they just assume youll relapse, so keep diagnosis current.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:19 PM
KregRS

1998 - 3pts 50 thru a 40, 8pts no insurance, 3pts 40 thru a 30 - kept licence albeit with 14pts, pleaded hardship
2000 - 6wk ban 75 in a Transit on A14, Case dismissed careless driving and defective vehicle, 1yr ban no insurance
2002 - 3mth ban no insurance and careless driving
2003 - Case dismissed no insurance
2004 - 8mth ban (reduced to 6 on appeal) no insurance
2005 - 4pts 65 thru 40
2006 - 15mth ban 95 thru 60, 3 x no insurance, 1 x cu20,

Last edited by KregRS; 04-03-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

KregRS have you not got the message, you NEED insurance to drive fella
Old 04-03-2010, 10:27 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

i got 3 points and £60 fine for a similar speed on the m1 a while back
Old 04-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Caprigirl
I got stopped on that road at 4 am for not slowing down going through crocketford.. didnt get done though.......

Blonde hair and boobs works everytime

Pretty simple here hun.

PICS OR STFU!!!!

I find if you're doing silly silly speeds and think you're getting caught - if you're in a fast enough car keep you foot in.

If you aint, pull over or pray you can drive better than plod and have some luck.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:52 PM
KregRS

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
KregRS have you not got the message, you NEED insurance to drive fella
I got the message loud and clear now, have had insurance ever since I got my licence back. As of tomorrow, the bans are no longer active on my licence and I can have them removed, 1st time in 12yrs I'll actually have a clean licence, an dbe able to prove it lol
Old 04-03-2010, 10:53 PM
KregRS

Originally Posted by 1.9 xr2 on 40's
she had gangster tits
Wtf are gangster tits?
Old 04-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by KregRS
I got the message loud and clear now, have had insurance ever since I got my licence back. As of tomorrow, the bans are no longer active on my licence and I can have them removed, 1st time in 12yrs I'll actually have a clean licence, an dbe able to prove it lol
Just out of interest why did you do all the stuff?? Sure we all speed/fuck up. Did you have some beef with insurance companys or just young and stupid and refused to pay out of principal??
Old 04-03-2010, 11:30 PM
t4 and greys
cosworth gimp

been banned three times lol
highest speed got nailed at was 167 in a 70
Old 05-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Dar-rst
PassionFord Regular

best i can do is 5 points for undue care and attention, as i managed to hit some bumps in my old 325 that was sillyly lowered, hit bumps on a corner, sent me into a spin swipping cars as i done so, stoving right into another completing the 180 and coming to a stop, not good, but learnt my lesson now lol...
Old 05-03-2010, 12:16 AM
tejy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

The lesson here is dont get caught/always hav a hot bird with ya!I had my foot down was late 2 a gig once (im a dj) was abt 5mins away from the venue its ona main road i had 2 hot girls with me and a cop van following me when i wasnt speeding.They followd me2the car park i didnt realise they were there..When i got out the car 5 coppers wanted to nick me but as soon as they saw my mates they were lyk woah,my mates flirtd with em all n they let me go..1 copper even sed that they didnt hav any proof of me speeding just a report of a black rst racing around! I told em its a 1.3
some of ur storys damn!! U lot r crazy lol.Im more ofa cruiser
Old 05-03-2010, 12:22 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

There's some really clever fuckers on this thread aren't there. I'm not saying i've never been done for speeding (i have) but how many of you are capable of controlling a car at over a 100 if anything unexpected happens (tyre blow out, someone pulls into your lane, someone pulls out of a junction etc). If you were that good you'd be making a name for yourself on a race track. If the speeds that you are all claiming are genuine then you don't need me to tell you how many metres you are covering every second, on a public road by the time you react you will already be in a tree, hedge or barrier.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:24 AM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

i aint been banned but got 3 points and 60 quid fine for 112mph on a 70 mph road
and been pulled going sideways twice once it was 4am near a clubbing hotspot got breathalyzed and a good old bollocking.
then the other time i was in a car park where all the boy racers park up and it was a icey night went in all fired up drifting all over the place then stopped to fuck off home when this black bmw stopped next to me and some copper jumped out with his badge in his hand saying do you know who we are i just shit my pants, he said i have 2 options 1 get out the car park and fuck off home or 2 pull over and give me a dangerous driving offence
oh and when i 1st past my test got pulled for 40+ in a 30 outside a school and the copper almost made me cry but he just told me if he hears my car again he'll nick me for everything he can find on my car

weird thing is ever since my little bro has pasted iv been alot more sensible and rarely speed in a 30 zone
Old 05-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Big-Dan

As of yet I haven't had any fines or penalty points issued to me.

The closest I came to being caught in the act was in August last year, while doing 90 in the fast lane on the M5 a white Volvo estate came out of nowhere and was really pushing to get past me, now I don't usually drive like a cunt but he was really being aggressive and trying to get me to switch lanes, after a a good couple of minutes of him practically kissing my bumper I thought fuck this and just nailed it, got upto about 130ish before I let off because my exit was coming up. When I did finally shift into the middle lane and he'd had enough time to catch up I looked over and noticed that he was a copper, I think he was either off duty or just being a twat so therefore didn't pursue after me.

Big-Dan.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:26 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

So i'm guessing from some of the posts its really cool to drive like a tw*t then spend a few years riding a bus to work?
I must be going wrong somewhere.
Although the way I look at it. A group of 5 local "rude boys" in my area are always saying I dont know how to drive my car and that I "drive it like a faggot"
3 have lost they're licenses due to too many points.
1 can't afford insurance now as he has written off 8 cars in 10months of driving
The last one is currently in prison serving a 5 year sentance for death by dangerous driving.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:12 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
I must be going wrong somewhere.
Although the way I look at it. A group of 5 local "rude boys" in my area are always saying I dont know how to drive my car and that I "drive it like a faggot"
3 have lost they're licenses due to too many points.
1 can't afford insurance now as he has written off 8 cars in 10months of driving
The last one is currently in prison serving a 5 year sentance for death by dangerous driving.
exactly

Thing is we all are silly sometimes and show off, drive too fast, dangerous drive, careless driving, crash etc but we dont do it ALL the time everywhere with no care in the world and NO FUCKING COMMON SENSE.

And then the no insurance, dangerous vehicle, no license etc WTF??? thats why im asking KregRS to explain why he did it. i dont understand the mentality.

Speeding etc its just spur of moment, where as no ins, licence etc its premeditated and planned which is a totally different ballgame to plan being illegal!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:00 AM
KregRS

Just out of interest why did you do all the stuff?? Sure we all speed/fuck up. Did you have some beef with insurance companys or just young and stupid and refused to pay out of principal??
no insurance was mostly young and stupid, wanted the nice cars but couldn't afford the insurance, older and wiser now.
At no point have I driven without a licence.
Defective vehicle wise, the cu20 was for a loose battery, the case that was dropped was from an accident in a works van, I'd taken it into the workshop in the morning to have the brakes looked at, it was booked in for work at end of day and I was told it was safe to drive, couple of hours later was coming up to some roadworks at 50mph, put my foot on the brake and nothing happened! Ploughed through the bollards, hit big metal sign and came to rest with aid of the handbrake. So the 1st one was my fault, 2nd one wasn't, I was told it was safe to drive.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:36 AM
KregRS

exactly

Speeding etc its just spur of moment, where as no ins, licence etc its premeditated and planned which is a totally different ballgame to plan being illegal!
I dont agree that speeding is totally different, sure if you creep over the limit, realise then back off, but some of the speeds mentioned that isn't the case. You could argue that it was premeditated, you had the choice to stick your foot down, you know the limit but you chose to break it, so spur of the moment doesn't cut it with me. As for trying to run from the police, plain stupid really.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:22 AM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ive fucked around at high speeds,never been caught except once,47 in a 30 by a fucking gatso that id been through a million times,just forgot about it that day.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:47 PM
tsutton

I understand why people speed on the motorways due to its openess, but why speed on a 30mph or 40mph area? Surely you know it's an built up area, with people around?

I'm just curious.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Kieron

I came close to a ban once. Was having a play with a 328i in my 190 2.6 down the A12 at Chelmsford. We were both tanking along at well over 130 when a Omega started creeping up. I slowed down to about 40 in the inside lane as I was the car at the back, so figured I was the one being timed. Luckily I had slowed enough to drop my average speed over the mile down to 99.4 or 99.6mph. Can't remember which it was now but 3 points and a fine. I have the yellow form at home somewhere. Very very lucky that day.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:10 PM
DaveEscos
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by 1.9 xr2 on 40's
also goin past a people carrier (within 3') at over 160 is so much fun, fuck they swerve
you sound like a proper wanker
Old 05-03-2010, 05:23 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

It is not a automatic ban for 30mph over, you can be caught speeding at any speed and still keep your license, at the courts discretion.
First ban for speeding cannot exceed 6 months, I was done in 86 for 151.6 in a 70, on Yoki A008R tyres so not even road legal, 6 month ban, £800 fine in 86, were a few other things.
No one who has used the secret 4 letters has EVER been convicted of speeding, and less than 2% get a summons after the NIP having sent one of the 4 letters in.
tabetha
Old 05-03-2010, 05:34 PM
cossiejay

Originally Posted by tabetha
It is not a automatic ban for 30mph over, you can be caught speeding at any speed and still keep your license, at the courts discretion.
First ban for speeding cannot exceed 6 months, I was done in 86 for 151.6 in a 70, on Yoki A008R tyres so not even road legal, 6 month ban, £800 fine in 86, were a few other things.
No one who has used the secret 4 letters has EVER been convicted of speeding, and less than 2% get a summons after the NIP having sent one of the 4 letters in.
tabetha
what are the secret 4 letters
Old 05-03-2010, 05:49 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by cossiejay
If he told you that it wouldn't be a secret anymore!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:54 PM
s2rstony
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

I had a bad accident writing off an evo after a lorry crossed two lanes to come into mine, completely lost it and hit the lorry. The police measured my skid marks and said I was doing 72 in a 30, so after going court about 10 times in 6 months they gave me maximum sentence just avoiding time inside, 24 months disqualification and 300 hours community service. Well harsh if you ask me.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:56 PM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by cossiejay
also, what 4 letters? pwetty please
Old 05-03-2010, 06:10 PM
cossiejay

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
If he told you that it wouldn't be a secret anymore!
if it was me i would share the info please tell me and everyone else
Old 05-03-2010, 06:12 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

c`mon Tab spill the beans i do 100k a year and could do with this info, PLEASE
Old 05-03-2010, 06:42 PM
MunkeyboyRS
Bananas!

I have my own kinda rules on speeding, 30s,40s and 50s are a no go, but once I cross the black and while sign then its play time as long as the conditions are good ie not pissing it down or very busy, usually after dark cos on dark twisty b road, you can use the wrong side of the road for bends as you can tell if another car is coming by the headlights, never raced or high speeds when my ex was in the car with me, and I don't if I have a car full.
When it comes to the chavs in saxo round town, I'll normally let them follow me at prob less than 20, to wind them up.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:53 PM
mk3stevie
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Mine is the most embarrasing conviction ever.

31 in a 20 limit

3 points

£175 fine
Old 05-03-2010, 07:15 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

closest i ever got to having to walk was on the m25 after not being clocked in excess of 160

they copied the scene in a film later, gone in 60 seconds

those who know know
Old 06-03-2010, 01:17 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by s2rstony
I had a bad accident writing off an evo after a lorry crossed two lanes to come into mine, completely lost it and hit the lorry. The police measured my skid marks and said I was doing 72 in a 30, so after going court about 10 times in 6 months they gave me maximum sentence just avoiding time inside, 24 months disqualification and 300 hours community service. Well harsh if you ask me.
Sounds totally justified to me. If you hadn't been going so fast you probably could have avoided the lorry. Would you still think it was harsh if after hitting the lorry and obviously losing control you had ploughed into a group of pedestrians or killed another innocent road user.
Don't you people that are posting speed of 130mph + realise that you are covering a mile in less than 30 seconds. Other drivers are quite likely to misjudge how quickly you are approaching and hence pull out into your path without realising that you are going to be on top of them in a matter of seconds .
Old 06-03-2010, 01:24 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by s2rstony
Isaid I was doing 72 in a 30, so after going court about 10 times in 6 months they gave me maximum sentence just avoiding time inside, 24 months disqualification and 300 hours community service. Well harsh if you ask me.
depends if you were doing that speed! If you were then you got what you deserve to be fair! Its 30 for a reason!

Quick Reply: speeding and getting banned