General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

help needed with road angel 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 01:18 AM
cabrio boy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed with road angel 2

went to southend last night in the mrs,s new tigra cc on the a127 the police was hiding in the bushes with there camera as they do most weeks thing is that pisssed me off most road angel didnt pick it up ? should it have ? it was a mobile camera on a stand on the floor ?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nope cant pick them up as there not a tempory camera thats there long enough, rememerb they work of gps , you can store the location of all the mobile cameras that are there but ya cant garantee about em , none are gonna do that btw, there only soo good
Old 09-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

dont worry though as ya was in a tigra, they dont go fast enough to speed
Old 09-01-2005, 01:25 AM
cabrio boy

lol i know got to be one of the slowest cars ive driven in a long long time! 1.4 sport dont make me laugh
Old 09-01-2005, 01:48 AM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

sort your sig out 145k is a little over the 25k allowed
Old 09-01-2005, 08:11 AM
cossy abuser
PassionFord Post Troll

Road Angel does have laser alert capability but only if the laser is pointed at it, as most of the police know this they point the guns at the front bumpers so they cannot be detected and they can get a pic of your plate aswell then
Old 09-01-2005, 09:39 AM
starturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I think I will position my snooper radar/laser module behind the bumper now instead of on the windscreen.BTW cossy abuser,I am told you know a fair bit about all this kit?I had a brief discussion with someone on here and he told me that laser jammers dont work with mobile cameras.I phoned snooper and they said "bo**ox".Thats what they are designed for.Whats the truth then mate?Anyone can reply to that question btw.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Jammers (or Garage Door openers) do work. But are illegal. Not a huge problem in itself you may think. Read this though!

Originally Posted by Taken from [url
www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk][/url]
December 2004

A friend of mine who has been using a jammer for over 4 years got arrested this week. (Dec 04)

Here is the story of what happened.

At 6 am a police car and a low loader turned up outside his home. He was arrested and the car was loaded on to the low loader. He was taken to the local police station, his car was taken to the police vehicle inspection unit. The jammer was tested to see if it jammed, as you can expect it did. The jammer was removed, 50min job.

In the mean time my friend was questioned and then was charged with "perverting the course of justice". The worrying part is this. He had been seen in one county by a laser camera van that could not get his speed. A few months later he had been seen in another county by a separate safety camera van again it could not get his speed.

This then sparked the event at 6 am .... How you ask..

It has turned out, after speaking to several contacts in the police force, they have had the camera equipment software modified to photograph any vehicle that throw up an error, any error. When the video is checked at the camera units base and an error is reported the event is logged as a warning flag on the PNC database (police database).

When another camera van operator takes his video back to base to check over, if he discovers an error he will check on the PNC database to see if there are any warning flags on that vehicle.

If there are no flags on the PNC for that car then one is added. If the PNC has a flag on it saying they have had a problem in the past they will investigate further. This was the case for my friend and the guy in Northampton

To make matters worse my friend was not speeding on both occasions.

As I have said he was charged and then bailed to reappear. I let you know the outcome in late January.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had a chance today to talk to several police forces and the DoT and they can confirm this is what they have all been doing. It is because the DoT wanted to know just how many jammers were in use in the UK. The belief is that there are over a million jammers fitted to cars in the UK. I think this figure is a little high but you never know.

This work has been conducted to gather data prior to the proposed application for a ban in January 2005. If the ban goes through its expected to take effect within 6 months.

The ban will cover, Radar Detectors and Laser jammers. GPS will be safe as they have no intention to ban them.

Wording from the DOT.

Thank you for your email about speed camera detectors.

Excessive or inappropriate speed is a factor in many road accidents. Analysis of casualty statistics in Great Britain has shown excessive speed to be a contributory factor in 28% of all collisions that result in a fatality. It is essential for the safety of all road users that the police can undertake speed enforcement to identify people who speed, in particular in covert operations.

It is for this reason that we propose to prohibit devices that prevent or interfere with this police activity. Clause 17 of the Road Safety Bill gives the Secretary of State the power to prohibit the fitting of, or the use of vehicles carrying, speed assessment equipment detection devices. It defines such devices as a device one or more of whose purposes is to interfere with or detect the operation of equipment used to assess the speed of motor vehicles.

The precise details of which devices would be prohibited will be set out in supplementary secondary legislation. This will be done following full consultation with interested people. It is not intended to prohibit Global Positioning Systems which usefully give drivers information on the location of published camera sites.

Lesley Reed
Road Safety Division
Department For Transport
2/11 Great Minster House
GTN 3533 2452
0207 -944-2452

source : http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/jamlaw.htm

Just something to be aware of. Oh BTW isnt the Laser part of the RA2 in the unit itself? I know the Snooper S6R has a separate head that can be mounted elsewhere.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:45 PM
starturbo

Cheers Rich.Its the seperate part of the S6 that I have on my S4.I think its called the RLD.If legally you can have a "Garage opening device" then why do the pigs have all their radar on the same frequency?Its not your fault that they chose the same frequency is it?They have a choice you dont.You buy a garage opening device and maybe you dont have a lot of choice.On the question of perverting the course of justice my answer to that is............for you to pervert the course of justice then you need to be breaking the law,right?If they cant prove that you were speeding then how can you pervert it?Justice only applies when you break the law.tossers. But then again they do whatever the fook they want dont they.scum money making tossers.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:11 PM
essexrsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rich_w
Jammers (or Garage Door openers) do work. But are illegal. Not a huge problem in itself you may think. Read this though!

Originally Posted by Taken from [url
www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk][/url]
December 2004

A friend of mine who has been using a jammer for over 4 years got arrested this week. (Dec 04)

Here is the story of what happened.

At 6 am a police car and a low loader turned up outside his home. He was arrested and the car was loaded on to the low loader. He was taken to the local police station, his car was taken to the police vehicle inspection unit. The jammer was tested to see if it jammed, as you can expect it did. The jammer was removed, 50min job.

In the mean time my friend was questioned and then was charged with "perverting the course of justice". The worrying part is this. He had been seen in one county by a laser camera van that could not get his speed. A few months later he had been seen in another county by a separate safety camera van again it could not get his speed.

This then sparked the event at 6 am .... How you ask..

It has turned out, after speaking to several contacts in the police force, they have had the camera equipment software modified to photograph any vehicle that throw up an error, any error. When the video is checked at the camera units base and an error is reported the event is logged as a warning flag on the PNC database (police database).

When another camera van operator takes his video back to base to check over, if he discovers an error he will check on the PNC database to see if there are any warning flags on that vehicle.

If there are no flags on the PNC for that car then one is added. If the PNC has a flag on it saying they have had a problem in the past they will investigate further. This was the case for my friend and the guy in Northampton

To make matters worse my friend was not speeding on both occasions.

As I have said he was charged and then bailed to reappear. I let you know the outcome in late January.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had a chance today to talk to several police forces and the DoT and they can confirm this is what they have all been doing. It is because the DoT wanted to know just how many jammers were in use in the UK. The belief is that there are over a million jammers fitted to cars in the UK. I think this figure is a little high but you never know.

This work has been conducted to gather data prior to the proposed application for a ban in January 2005. If the ban goes through its expected to take effect within 6 months.

The ban will cover, Radar Detectors and Laser jammers. GPS will be safe as they have no intention to ban them.

Wording from the DOT.

Thank you for your email about speed camera detectors.

Excessive or inappropriate speed is a factor in many road accidents. Analysis of casualty statistics in Great Britain has shown excessive speed to be a contributory factor in 28% of all collisions that result in a fatality. It is essential for the safety of all road users that the police can undertake speed enforcement to identify people who speed, in particular in covert operations.

It is for this reason that we propose to prohibit devices that prevent or interfere with this police activity. Clause 17 of the Road Safety Bill gives the Secretary of State the power to prohibit the fitting of, or the use of vehicles carrying, speed assessment equipment detection devices. It defines such devices as a device one or more of whose purposes is to interfere with or detect the operation of equipment used to assess the speed of motor vehicles.

The precise details of which devices would be prohibited will be set out in supplementary secondary legislation. This will be done following full consultation with interested people. It is not intended to prohibit Global Positioning Systems which usefully give drivers information on the location of published camera sites.

Lesley Reed
Road Safety Division
Department For Transport
2/11 Great Minster House
GTN 3533 2452
0207 -944-2452

source : http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/jamlaw.htm
proberly written by a policemen! id use one 100%
Old 09-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Probably not. Read the last link. Theres some cuttings taken from the local rags. Its definetly a real story.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:25 PM
cossy abuser
PassionFord Post Troll

as stated they do work bit after reading the above is it worth it, just keep your eyes open for the filth
Old 09-01-2005, 04:05 PM
starturbo

I reckon it is worth it.If you get a beep from the jammer then take it off the car for a week and take it easy.If it is for your garage door and you can prove it then I for one would not let them take my motor.I wouldnt anyway.They cant come onto my drive (private land) and take my car.The only people that can legally come on my property are customs and excise.If they are so concerned about fatalities on the road then why dont they stop half the tossers I come across in theyre big shiney bmws or mercs who cant drive to save theyre life.The tossers who take risks when the chance of pulling off a manoeuvre are 30 per cent before they start.Speed is only a factor when people incapable of driving quick screw up.If the filth hide behind hedges with a gun how the fook can u see them.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by starturbo
I reckon it is worth it.If you get a beep from the jammer then take it off the car for a week and take it easy.

But how long do you keep it off the car? I guess their computer files arent deleted every month.

They cant come onto my drive (private land) and take my car.The only people that can legally come on my property are customs and excise.
They get a warrant, which they will, they can do whatever they want. Im not sure Id want to go head to head with them as they'll start examining EVERY aspect of your life in retaliation! If they came to my house with a warrant Id be a) very concerned and b) Be calling a brief. If they came for "a friendly chat" Id be as civil as I could be!

If they are so concerned about fatalities on the road then why dont they stop half the tossers I come across in theyre big shiney bmws or mercs who cant drive to save theyre life.The tossers who take risks when the chance of pulling off a manoeuvre are 30 per cent before they start.Speed is only a factor when people incapable of driving quick screw up.
Hmmm. How do you know you're not one of them? How does a Police Officer know that you are not someone that cant drive to save their life?

If the filth hide behind hedges with a gun how the fook can u see them.
Well in the eyes of the Law you shouldnt be exceeding the limit and you must accept that you can have your speed checked at any time by a registered officer. Yes hiding in a bush is suspect but lets be honest a big flashing neon sign would give the game away a little.

On a side note. I think getting one of these devices could mean you drive more like a nutter "safe" in the knowledge it wil beep if a cameras near by. Whereas without one you're more likely to be paying attention to every little thing.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:17 PM
starturbo

starturbo wrote:
If they are so concerned about fatalities on the road then why dont they stop half the tossers I come across in theyre big shiney bmws or mercs who cant drive to save theyre life.The tossers who take risks when the chance of pulling off a manoeuvre are 30 per cent before they start.Speed is only a factor when people incapable of driving quick screw up.

Hmmm. How do you know you're not one of them? How does a Police Officer know that you are not someone that cant drive to save their life?
In a nutshell I have a car/bike/hgv/full race competition (international) licence (rac) who govern motorsport in the uk and advanced driving test and have probably driven so many miles it beggars belief.So I think that,having never caused an accident that I am not a nutter who causes them m8
Old 09-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

well i got a road angle to tell me where speed cameras are as alot ARE hidden !!!, but i dont speed on roads that are full of traffic or i dont feel is safe to do, tbh i usually sit on a empty motorway doing 90 to 100, ill do more if me and a mate are having a laugh BUT only if its empty as other road users sould not have to pay for me and my mates being silly

thats my opinion !!!!!

what about realistic speeds for roads though !!!!!, they have reduced alot for no reason and that to me IS sad
Old 09-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

starturbo wrote:

In a nutshell I have a car/bike/hgv/full race competition (international) licence (rac) who govern motorsport in the uk and advanced driving test and have probably driven so many miles it beggars belief.So I think that,having never caused an accident that I am not a nutter who causes them m8

thats rubbish mate, if ya traveling at stupid speed where you can not brake in time then no matter how goo at driving you are ya not gonna stop !!!!!!

one thiong that being nigel mansell love child sint gonna help is pysics mate

70 in a 30 is dangerous, 50 in a 30 can be dangerous IF people are walking out in the road !!!!

130 on a abandoned motorway IS dangerous BUT just for you so to me thats fine ( not as in just you but its the drivers responsability !!!)
Old 09-01-2005, 05:27 PM
starturbo

I dont speed excessively.not the figures youve quoted b19bal.I just begrudge getting nabbed at 6 mph over 60 on an open rosd in the middle of nowhere when there is sod all around me.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:28 PM
starturbo

Oh and I forgot.If you dont speed then why have an RS and adhere to the speed limit?Might as well buy a mini.Dont tell me you stick to it.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:33 PM
BRIGSPORT
UNAUTHORISED DEVELOPMENTS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mobile camera sensing part of road angel will only give you a warning if the police actually check your speed,so if the guy had no suspicion that you were speeding,he would not check it.
Police galaxy's park at the bottom of my road regularly.The cunts park on the opposite side of the road with their boots open,with 3 little road cones the size of a pint glass,and an a4 size sign with the speed camera logo on it as warning.
I have purposely driven past them with my road angel and have recieved no warnings,as i was in a que of traffic doing 30 mph.
But when their not there,i regularly see people doing what looks like double the speed limit.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

no read what i wrote, i genuinly dont speed that much, wether you belive it or not does not make it untrue, notice everyone takes the piss out of my driving !!!

i had jim, switch, max ect have ago at me for doing 30 to 40mph on a contry road with a speed limit of 60mph as ot was totally dark and i nmever knew the road ( was foggy too and stuck of weed, fook knows why, never seen rudey )

now as for 6mph over the limit that i do understand , thats the point i was with you on !!!!!!!

thats wrong but they have to set a limit and get people to follow it, they belive it or noit actually convict people based on all the cars with a ticket too, if ya was doing 6mph and the rest was doing 20mph over the limit they wont actually do ya !!!!

but it dont help that the speed cameras are NOT in locations where there needed and there hidden on bendsleading to a straight ect

mobile ones are a coont thougbn but theres nothing they ca make to get rid of em as there the only ones that ya cant get detectors to find so more of them will be made
Old 09-01-2005, 05:43 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I've got the new road angel (rugby ball shaped one) and it picks up mobile cameras, the lot.

Is that the same one ?
Old 10-01-2005, 05:42 AM
starturbo

b19bal,
if ya was doing 6mph and the rest was doing 20mph over the limit they wont actually do ya !!!!
They did mate.thats why I feel really annoyed at them
Old 10-01-2005, 07:11 PM
cabrio boy

yes mate thats the same one the new road angel ???? bit overated me thinks!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Have to say mine's spot bollock on - picks up everything !!!

No complaints from this camp !!