General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

James whale radio

Search this Thread

Old 17-11-2009, 08:17 PM
muffster
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default James whale radio

Evening all,
Does James Whale still have a radio show? Not noticed if he was on another station since he was sacked form talkport and i thought he was quite good.
Muffster.
Old 17-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Shandy-Ade
Advanced PassionFord User

He's on lbc drive time iirc
Old 17-11-2009, 08:24 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

yup, 97.3 in london
Old 17-11-2009, 08:25 PM
morcheen

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

talksport is pure shit now anyone know what happened to james' sidekick ash ?
Old 17-11-2009, 08:35 PM
muffster
Regular Contributor

Ah thats why i havnt heard him on the radio for a while, im not around the london area.
Bugger, not many Dj's like him around.
Muffster.
Old 17-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Shandy-Ade

Originally Posted by muffster
Ah thats why i havnt heard him on the radio for a while, im not around the london area.
Bugger, not many Dj's like him around.
Muffster.
Listen online. www.lbc.co.uk
Old 17-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Mark_w

Why did he get sacked and how long ago?
Old 17-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Shandy-Ade

Originally Posted by Mark_w
Why did he get sacked and how long ago?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7385370.stm
Old 17-11-2009, 09:19 PM
900ss
RWD Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I rem his tv show yrs ago
Was very good back then
Old 17-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

He proper irritates me.... there is no debate on his show as its all one sided, if there is something said which he dose not agree with he just cuts the caller off and bad mouths them behind there back
Old 17-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Shandy-Ade

Originally Posted by miller3
He proper irritates me.... there is no debate on his show as its all one sided, if there is something said which he dose not agree with he just cuts the caller off and bad mouths them behind there back
Totally agree, goes for most presenters on lbc i find apart from the old bint in the afternoon jeni barnet, i can listen to her show
Old 17-11-2009, 09:30 PM
dojj

you talking about jon gaunt? same thing, or whenever he'd be losing an arguement
Old 17-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Shandy-Ade
Totally agree, goes for most presenters on lbc i find apart from the old bint in the afternoon jeni barnet, i can listen to her show

yer i know, i only listen for the travel, but in between that i listen to radio 1... cant beat a bit of Moylesy in the morning
Old 17-11-2009, 09:37 PM
murfs frst
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i used to listen to him on talksport thought he was good,still listen to talksport most days,as get bored of listening to the same songs being repeated every few hours
Old 17-11-2009, 09:46 PM
dojj

james o brien and nick ferari on lbc

but robert elms on bbc radio london is where it's at from 12-3 in the afternoon
danny baker, if it wern't for his absolutly atrocius taste in music would beon continously till 5 and then eddie nestor, he of the real macoy fame, from 5 til7, although he does tend to get abit serious at times, is still a good listen
and then buncy in the evening, he don't half make me laugh with the stuff he comes out with
Old 18-11-2009, 08:39 PM
muffster
Regular Contributor

Yes mate i can agree with you there, and John Gaunt was very similar which someone has mentioned. But at least they wernt afraid to air their opinions on subjets which others wouldnt tackle, rather than avoiding certain issues or treading on eggshells through fear of upsetting someone like many other journalists/MP's etc.
As for Chris Moyles, i cant listen to that unfunny egotistical twat.
Just my 2p worth.

Muffster.
Old 18-11-2009, 08:43 PM
muffster
Regular Contributor

Yes mate i can agree with you there, and John Gaunt was very similar which someone has mentioned. But at least they wernt afraid to air their opinions on subjets which others wouldnt tackle, rather than avoiding certain issues or treading on eggshells through fear of upsetting someone like many other journalists/MP's etc.
As for Chris Moyles, i cant listen to that unfunny egotistical twat.
Just my 2p worth.

Muffster.
Old 18-11-2009, 09:14 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

used to listen to him when i was at school years ago,he used to do a late night talk show about anyold crap and he used to get well agitated with callers who were berks,then that led to the tv show on itv,never heard of him since.
Old 18-11-2009, 11:37 PM
©hatter Box
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good old Gaunty back in november last year he got the sack as well from talksport for calling someone a nazi or an jumped up hitler
Old 19-11-2009, 12:07 PM
muffster
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by ©hatter Box
good old Gaunty back in november last year he got the sack as well from talksport for calling someone a nazi or an jumped up hitler

I was listening to the show when that happened. He called some bloke from a council authority a nazi for dismising adults who were smokers would be unsuitable foster parents. Gaunty argued that many good honest people who smoked would be fantastic parents, and therefore many kids could be missing out on being adopted because of this ridiculous rule.
Gaunty went on to call the bloke a nazi, rightly or wrongly,and was sacked for his comment. Not a good comment but a pathetic decision in my opinion, just goes to show how organisations will pander to appear to be PC to ensure that no-one is offended and at the same time abandoning common sense. Gaunty was sacrificed to save the face of Talksport.
Muffster.
Old 19-11-2009, 05:32 PM
dojj

for sure they talk about stuff that others don't want to talk about, but there is a way to talk about a subject without dismissing someone who's views differ from your own

and gaunty was a prime example of osmeone who, when faced with a difficult question that he couldn't answer, simply changed the subject or cut the caller off, rather than just accept that other people will have onions different to his, so why can't they?

it;s like pf sometimes, the popular vote wins and if you disagree then you get lynched
Old 19-11-2009, 06:55 PM
muffster
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by dojj
for sure they talk about stuff that others don't want to talk about, but there is a way to talk about a subject without dismissing someone who's views differ from your own

and gaunty was a prime example of osmeone who, when faced with a difficult question that he couldn't answer, simply changed the subject or cut the caller off, rather than just accept that other people will have onions different to his, so why can't they?

it;s like pf sometimes, the popular vote wins and if you disagree then you get lynched
I agree.Although i liked listening to Gaunty i often found myself shouting at the radio "let him speak will you" as he often cut people off if he couldn't counter them in a conversation or didn't like what they were saying.
It's shame as thier aren't many Dj's like that or a least not many who seem to have a personality. Porky Parry on Talksport is worth a listen.
Muffster.
Old 19-11-2009, 07:09 PM
morcheen

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dojj
james o brien and nick ferari on lbc

but robert elms on bbc radio london is where it's at from 12-3 in the afternoon
danny baker, if it wern't for his absolutly atrocius taste in music would beon continously till 5 and then eddie nestor, he of the real macoy fame, from 5 til7, although he does tend to get abit serious at times, is still a good listen
and then buncy in the evening, he don't half make me laugh with the stuff he comes out with

rare to find someone who listens to robert elms,i sort of got bored of him lately and found the brilliant george lamb on bbc6 music(don't judge him on his shit tv work) but now he has moved from week days 10am-1 to sat and sun 7am to 10 ,how annoying!!! got my solar dab radio just for it, who wants to get up early ?! .i have listened to glr for years the best kept secret radio station,but been ruined with all the talkshite shows v feltch springs to mind. talksport is a joke in the morning with the clueless roni irani

cerys matthews is brilliant on 6 from 1pm though

eDIE nester is ]poor can't even speak most of the time,a station in meltdown with less and less listeners because of the useless boss mr robey!! i think they only have him there to run it into the ground and then shut it down.danny baker is the best thing about it,along with aimee and baylen