General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

I hate the cliquiness on here

Search this Thread

Old 25-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benni
You are an arse licker, Chip, and I am not alone in my thinking. Do a search in the tags for 'Chip' and see how many are calling you a brown nose, arse licker and so on and I can assure you very, very few of them will be me, as I prefer to just tell you so like I am doing now. The reality is not many people will come on here and agree with me, but they'll do so with a Tag which means many, many people are thinking it.

I have lots of members on MSN and Facebook send me a link to a thread and will say something like 'He's at it again, can you beleive him?' 'His nose is right up Martin's arse again'. etc. I've been at car shows before when someone has randomly brought the subject up of your arse licking and it's happened more than once, and not by the same person I can tell you.

You can deny it all you like, but the fact of the matter is you do lick arse and that's the end of it. Mark Shead, Martin, Porkie, Stu, Andy G, and so on. I don't need to give you examples as many of the people who will read this will be agreeing with me, completely. They'll never openly say it, but I know they're thinking it.

Benni.
**Genuine question alert**

Is that arselicking/arsekissing or a respect for tuners?

I personally have a lot of respect for the tuners that do the business and I also respect other marques and their tuners, I don't tend to voice it though but that's my choice. This is a genuine question.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulo P
**Genuine question alert**

Is that arselicking/arsekissing or a respect for tuners?

I personally have a lot of respect for the tuners that do the business and I also respect other marques and their tuners, I don't tend to voice it though but that's my choice. This is a genuine question.
I suspect you will find a big split in terms of the response to that question if many people bother to answer it.

I believe that the people who view such behaviour as arse licking will largely be the weirdos who hang around this forum despite having very little real interest in the core subject matter, ie the muppet room crew, where as I suspect nearly all the people properly into cars who are tuning them themselves and so understand the significance and hard work of such achievements will just view those sort of comments as genuine and positive etc.

I have no interest in knitting, and as such dont hang around on knitting forums, I suspect if I did then I would find people complimenting each other on their knitting pretty tedious, so maybe to me it would seem like arselikcing when they all kept going on about it, but that would be a fault of me for being on a forum I didnt relate to, not of them in how they acted.
I view the people making those sort of comments on here as largely being in the same boat that I would be on that knitting forum, which is why I cant understand their logic for bothering to be here all the time if the core subject matter doesnt interest them, the main reason I visit here so frequently is because I have a love of tuning cars, I cant see any other reason that would keep me coming back like many of them do despite not sharing that passion.

Last edited by Chip; 25-08-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey Chip I have a genuine intrest in cars,and infact you have answered a few of my questions,not all people who use the muppet room are the same
Old 25-08-2009, 11:38 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I felt really embarassed for you reading that post Benni... my life isn't in the greatest shape at the moment, but mate, publically posting PM's to 'prove you're cool and valued on the internet' is a pretty damn sad state of affairs.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 25-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Less.
Hey Chip I have a genuine intrest in cars,and infact you have answered a few of my questions,not all people who use the muppet room are the same
Not all the muppet room users on here are what I would view as weirdos, but all the people on here that I would view as weirdos currently are muppet room users from what I have seen.

All even numbers are integers, but not all integers are even numbers.

Last edited by Chip; 25-08-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip

You have no useful place on this forum in the context of cars, so try to invent a way to get attention by being the forum clown, if you want to do so then thats up to you, but dont be surprised when no one out of the genuine forum users is very interested in your opinion largely as a result.
I couldn't care if The Pope was interested in my opinion, I'll voice it regardless as and when I wish to do so. Whether or not you find it interesting isn't my problem. You may think I have no place on this forum, but I drove a Ford when I joined up and I still have a big passion for them. Nothing else matters really, and I'll continue to post on here wheter you or anyone else likes it or not.

I enjoy the many resortation threads I have on the others Tabs, not to mention all the pictures of peoples car I enjoy looking at and commenting nicely on, so I think you'll find I have every place on this forum, thank you very much! Not to mention all the signatures I have made for people. I must receive one PM a day just asking for a signature as it goes. I can't be that bad, really...

Benni.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Not all the muppet room users on here are what I would view as weirdos, but all the people on here that I would view as weirdos currently are muppet room users from what I have seen.

Point taken and I argree some just dont have an intrest in cars or help at all
Old 25-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Chip

Benni, if you genuinely had the passion you claim for fords, then I dont see why you would view a post from me saying something like

"Wow, really impressed with the workmanship on this car, its a real credit to you"

is "arse licking" as you would feel the same way yourself anyway.

I make no apologies for posts like that which probably constitute nearly as much as 1% of the posts I make on here in fact, I think that this forum is a better place for positive feedback like that being given.

Last edited by Chip; 25-08-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by RS Grant
I felt really embarassed for you reading that post Benni... my life isn't in the greatest shape at the moment, but mate, publically posting PM's to 'prove you're cool and valued on the internet' is a pretty damn sad state of affairs.

Cheers,
Grant
I wasn't trying to prove I was anything, let alone cool. I was merely pointing out he was completely wrong.

Benni.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:44 PM
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when im on here il post to most,i dont know many by person but il still chat no matter who they are
Old 25-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Chip

I wasn't trying to prove I was anything, let alone cool. I was merely pointing out he was completely wrong.

Benni.
You were trying to, but as the PM you posted was in absolutely no way at all relevent to my comments about people who dont get nice comments about their tuning achievements, you certainly failed to do so.
You just proved yet again, you really do totally miss the point of what this forum represents to us real petrolheads to whom car modifying is an important part of our lives, which helps to explain why you so massively misinterpret the comments that many of us make to each other about our cars.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Benni, if you genuinely had the passion you claim for fords, then I dont see why you would view a post from me saying something like

"Wow, really impressed with the workmanship on this car, its a real credit to you"

is "arse licking" as you would feel the same way yourself anyway.
We are going to have to agree to disagree as I am the only one who will actually say what many are thinking. We'll let the others stick to 'Tagging' threads and so on because they won't actually come out with it.

Benni.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I wasn't wrong because you said 'Anything nice said about them'. And I think you'll find the PM I posted falls into anything. I could go back and find the thread where I posted pictures of my car and people gave me nice comments on it, but you wasn't very specific. However, they'll never comment on how well I built it, as I didn't.

Benni.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Chip

We are going to have to agree to disagree
We certainly are if you view a post like that as arselicking yes, its just a comment from someone with a good knowledge of the subject matter who appreciates how much hard work goes into something like the AG focus so has no qualms about passing on congralutions for it.

as I am the only one who will actually say what many are thinking. We'll let the others stick to 'Tagging' threads and so on because they won't actually come out with it.

Benni.
Just because several people demonstrate the same idiotic tendancies, doesnt make them any less idiotic, but from what Ive seen its a ridiculously small number of people anyway all belonging to a very distinct subset of forum users (the ones not really into cars the way most of us are) who tend to feel that way.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Chip

I wasn't wrong because you said 'Anything nice said about them'.
I was talking in terms of things being said about them specifically in the context beign discussed for the last half a page or so, I thought everyone would be capble of knowing how to interpret such a simple comment in the correct context.
Obviously I didnt manage to make that so clear that even you could understand it, so apologies for that.
The problem with trying to make an idiot proof statement on here, is that frequently I underestimate the calibre or idiot that might read it.

Last edited by Chip; 26-08-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

What was I discussing in the last few pages!? You mentioned cars, not me. You are assuming I am talking about you commenting on peoples cars and their achievments, when in actual fact I am talking about more than that. Regardless of all this you still said 'Anything' and it's as simple as that

So no, I wasn't generalisng with the cars, it was you who came out with that, so I guess if anyone should make the replies idiot proof, it's me.

Benni.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Chip

What was I discussing in the last few pages!?
I didnt say you were discussing, I said I was, in one of my comments that you quoted out of context of the discussion they were made within, and then you attempted to reply to it outside of its context.

Last edited by Chip; 26-08-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I didnt say you were discussing, I said I was, in one of my comments that you quoted out of context of the discussion they were made within, and then you attempted to reply to it outside of its context.
The out of context quoting was therfore initially done by you, as you were discussing something which I wasn't and in doing so, when you claimed I was calling you an arse licker for the reasons you did, they were irrelevant as they were not within the context of my reasoning for calling you an arse licker in the first place. Therfore, you attempted to reply to it outside of it's context.

Benni.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Chip

The out of context quoting was therfore initially done by you, as you were discussing something which I wasn't and in doing so, when you claimed I was calling you an arse licker for the reasons you did, they were irrelevant as they were not within the context of my reasoning for calling you an arse licker in the first place. Therfore, you attempted to reply to it outside of it's context.

Benni.
The discussion was already well underway before you arrived, and context had therefore been established long before you arrived.
As you havent understand that the last few times I have said it I suspect you wont now either, but Ive repeated it just this one last time for you anyway as it seems to bother you so much, but personally I feel that as normal you are bringing nothing of any value to this forum so it certainly doesnt bother me enough to keep saying it anymore if you still cant understand it, so rather than keep replying only to keep getting the same response just scroll back and read it all again and maybe it will make sense this time if you are listening more and talkign less.

Last edited by Chip; 26-08-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I think you will find I was one of the first to start to the discussion, with my post at the very begining of this thread, post number 7. So no, the discussion wasn't well under way and the context wasn't well established before I arrived. You came along and with your assumptions, and this is where it went out of context.

Benni.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:54 AM
Chip

No, that wasnt part of the discussion I was engaged in as no one I was talking to bothered to reply to that part of your comment earlier in the thread, you werent engaged in the discussion my comment was part of at all, TBH I did with your post what I did with most of your posts and just scrolled past it, something that TBH I wish I had continued to do, as we wouldnt be going round in such pointless circles now, in fact, on that note, goodnight, feel free to maintain whatever view you have, you seem to be happy with it and its of no consequence to me as I view you as one of the people this forum would probably be better off without anyway, so its counterproductive me continuing to give you the attention you are so desperate for but can never get via any of the core topics as you have nothing of value of contribute so thrive only in topics such as this one.

Last edited by Chip; 26-08-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old 26-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

We were both discussing the same thing in the same thread, therefore what I wrote was a part of it. You'll find you replied to my post which was in relation to my discussion earlier on which was based on more than cars, which is when you claimed nothing nice was ever said about me. You then claimed the discussion was about cars, when you in actual fact it wasn't, you should have been more specific, instead of assuming what my discussion was based on.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 26-08-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 26-08-2009, 01:42 AM
Codenamealfie

You two are like a F*****g married couple move on, youve taken up over a page with your bickering and now the thread is lost and its about you! If you need to carry on make your own thread.
Old 26-08-2009, 02:34 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Codenamealfie
You two are like a F*****g married couple move on, youve taken up over a page with your bickering and now the thread is lost and its about you! If you need to carry on make your own thread.
I do apologise.

Benni.
Old 26-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as said above.benni,chip stop filling paul's thread with this shite.before it gets to the phil stage.

benni,have some self respect man,dont go posting pm's like that to prove things.you know you got them,they were aimed at you and you alone and you know it.no one else needs to see them
Old 26-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

i cant be cool or funny

no pm's me to tell me

all i get is pm's asking for dolly's farm number
Old 26-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by RS Grant

Cheers,
Grant

Agree with you there.......
Old 26-08-2009, 08:02 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by john
ROFL

How do i change a light bulb by the mentioned girl and a 6 page topic erupts. No offence to the said person as i do find it funny and am sure she does to. Especially the 5 or 6 who follow her every post no matter what. Comes with the territory of being a girl on a forum as with tuners also.
pmsl soooooo true, proper group of stalkers surrounding said mod, especially that Mal bloke - does he even own a car?!
Old 26-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

pmsl @that comment
Old 26-08-2009, 08:22 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Benni, I think you are probably just one of those people who because they never get anything nice said about them as they achieve nothing gets so offended if someone else does,

I receive PM's often commenting on my posts as it happens telling me how funny I am and so on. Here is one I received not even 2 days ago.

Originally Posted by madmack99
your one funny dude benni. Passionford is the only place you see stuff like this lmao keep up the good work.

madmack99.
I am glad you think I'm funny, nice compliment. Thank's.

Benni.
That is one of many I have received over the years of being on PF. So I think you'll find nice things are often said about me. When I go to the meets people have commented on how funny I am and so on.

Thank's.

Benni.
Wow, where do you even begin when trying to comment on this!
Benni, the very fact you are trying to put down Chip, proves the fundamental problem with Pf; it is over-run by clueless tossers (like yourself) who think it is a social networking site with some random affiliation with cars.
You provide NO useful input to this site (except of course the signatures you provide every day....), yet feel yourself qualified to comment on, and attempt to belittle useful members of the site.

As for your PM above, I was going to try and write something, but everytime I read it I just end up laughing (I should point out, sadly I am not laughing with you, a concept that clearly you don't understand).
I think the best line is "That is one of many I have received over the years of being on PF" oh the fucking pain

If I were to put here the 'real' reason why you are even tolerated on this site, it would have more to do with pity than anything else. The only people who find you funny sadly, are the people who are very similar to you. Which, in a nutshell, is everyone who shouldn't be on this site in the first place.
Old 26-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

I use many car forums but this place really does have a clique and if you aren't in it you get ignored and it's not a friendly forum unless you are in the in crowd I like Passionford and the people on here but because none of my mates drive Ford's I don't get to the shows and I find myself out of it on here and I find it so frustrating.

For example I have issues with the new clutch on my cossie with it slipping, brand new Ford clutch and it slips Tonight I asked if people if they have any experience of the group N clutch and got no replies, if that was any other forum you'd at least get replies saying "no but try x" but on here you get nothing I really wish this place wasn't as cliquey and the members were more interested in Ford's, it seems that most members are here slate Ford's and there is also a snobby attitude towards any Ford that isn't a Cosworth.

I don't mean this to cause any offence but we are all car enthusiasts at the end of the day so please please treat each other this way.

Paul
Thats why I stick mostly to the restoration room and tech/model specific rooms.

Only go in Gd if im really bored or am talking about music. (Guess I must be bored now then )

A lot of people know of my due to my restorations, but at ford fair not one person said hello, and theres plenty of pics of my floating about in various gynmastic positions working on my cars on here .

As for the Muppet room ...

Sadly tho mate It is a FORD THING. Ive always said this.

Not wanting to tar everyone with the same brush, as ive met some real decent people on here.but..

The ford scene is all about boasting, how quick it is, how fast it is, how much money youve spent, and of course as youve pointed out how well known you are for all of the above.

I actually spend a lot more time on VW and VAG group forums (hard to think I know ) And its a totally different Phiolosphy on these.

YOu can be a 5k poster or you 1st post and it will always get a good responce. hardly any BullShite or 10 pages of crap. And most of all its about the passion for the cars and everything about them.

Be it a Ł100 rust bucket golf or a 60k Audi R8, you get the same input and "love".

I love fords as much as the next guy, but I do not love the scene one bit.

Go to a Vw show, everyone is sitting there chilling or actually hands on looking and interacting with eachothers car

Go to a ford show, some ones got a can of special brew and another twat is doing a burn out in the car park.
Old 26-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

Originally Posted by Lee Ivatt
I love fords as much as the next guy, but I do not love the scene one bit.

Go to a Vw show, everyone is sitting there chilling or actually hands on looking and interacting with eachothers car

Go to a ford show, some ones got a can of special brew and another twat is doing a burn out in the car park.
Lee, that pretty much sums up how a lot of folks feel at the moment.
Old 26-08-2009, 08:38 AM
G950KDT
Advanced PassionFord User

its not just these forums that are hit with this its plain to see elsewhere. people dont like you commenting on their cars at all wether it be good or bad... and when you do they go off the rails and go off on one about it all.

the "cliqueness" with a lot of ford sites is becoming stupidly unreal, and is driving a lot of people away from the scene.... ive contemplated it, but why should i give up what i like for the sake of a certain few who like to think they know me better than what i know me, and believe what everyone else likes to say about my car, my life, i should do this and that with my car... sorrry but its my fucking car, i do what i please! i dont tell you to do things on your car because "you have to" to fit in with the "clique style" on places.

its a sad state of affairs that has came into things when you cant even say a single thing without being criticised by people just because it doesnt fit in with peoples "beliefs" and what they think is "perfect"

not just ford sites now but its starting to increase very rapidly on ford sites now.

edit: totally agree about how the shows are... groups of people sticking to one place, not mingling about and enjoying the entire show, typical of how things SHOULD BE BUT ARENT!

Last edited by G950KDT; 26-08-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 26-08-2009, 08:52 AM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

As usual the biggest cock on the site
Old 26-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Mr.T
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ballin
The only people who find you funny sadly, are the people who are very similar to you. Which, in a nutshell, is everyone who shouldn't be on this site in the first place.
And thanks. Be very carefull what you say. As i like this site i have a intrest in fords and yes i am using the muppet room and i find benny funny from time to time.
Old 26-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by G950KDT

its a sad state of affairs that has came into things when you cant even say a single thing without being criticised by people just because it doesnt fit in with peoples "beliefs" and what they think is "perfect"
thats the way of the world. i dont do anything to my cars for others pleasure,its for me and me only. if others like it and say then fair enough.if its not their cuppa,then fair enough but dont tell me to change it.

Originally Posted by POPEYE
As usual the biggest cock on the site
dont put yourself down pops.
Old 26-08-2009, 09:33 AM
G950KDT
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Bullett
thats the way of the world. i dont do anything to my cars for others pleasure,its for me and me only. if others like it and say then fair enough.if its not their cuppa,then fair enough but dont tell me to change it.

dont put yourself down pops.
not just about cars though mate, people are starting to take it one step further, ive never once bothered about what people say about my own car, its my car, my money.. you make it your own car, otherwise it would be a sad state of affairs that we live in really if we all did the same.
Old 26-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

true,it does cross to clothing,haircuts,piercings etc etc.
Old 26-08-2009, 10:02 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

& in a few ways I wished I hadn't started it.
Me too, I'm trying to reply to as many threads as possible so no one feels left out, I'll be branded a post whore

Did you know you can lock your own threads in GD FYI....

Z
Old 26-08-2009, 10:07 AM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mr.T
. Be very carefull what you say.
Why you going over to Spain to get Rich ?

Mr T don't like flying so you will have a long drive.

Quick Reply: I hate the cliquiness on here