General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

I hate the cliquiness on here

Search this Thread

Old 25-08-2009, 08:02 AM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paulo P
I know but let's change that instead of accepting it At the end of the day we are all car enthusiasts and I wish we could get on that way, there is too much negativity towards Ford's and Cosworths for my liking and that isn't pointing a finger at you
thats probably because so many people on here have had so many problems with their ford/cosworth
rember its only a website & as said, if your well known on here then you would expect more replies!

if your after a good fast road cutch then get an AP organic.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Not really noticed much in the way of a clique on here TBH, for example Ive only got an old 3 door replica and a nova, and everyone seems to talk to me just fine.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Crowder
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been on here for a while I post rarely, though more recently I have to admit. Your always going to get people who are on here for a while meeting up at shows trackdays build freindships with one another it's natural. And yes you will get people who kiss others arses that's just life.

I must admit I prefer to read certain peoples topics, builds and threads as I find certain people more intresting. But I won't be kssing arse or posting pointless posts I evry thread like benni does with clearly no knowledge on the topic etc.

Crowds.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:38 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

I just find the more you use the site the more ppl you get to know! im on here at work most days skiving so post count goes up gets my day in just fne. I have posted up questions with no replys but i dont take offence!
Old 25-08-2009, 09:18 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

Originally Posted by Thrush
Not loud - just often I find...

I know most by the frequency they post here. If you only post a few times a month then you are going to be less known than someone that posts several times a day... There are some exceptions to the rule, and I will agree that some of those are people that are "known of" within the Ford scene/community (you could say they are the ones that some people do arselick in the hope they will get to the elevated status they belive this person/persons to be in), but generally people are known for either what they put in - beit tech advice, comedy, etc - or for the amount they are here, just posting, taking, interacting etc....
Thats true.

Shouldn't really matter WHO the poster is, fair enough if no one knows the answer to what the poster is asking, but sometimes I generally feel people can't be bothered to answer because its not one of the regulars or 'in-crowd' asking - that make sense?

Not sure I entirely agree with Rods post, tuners get paid for their time and knowledge, although most are quite happy to assist on the phone etc, I'm sure they don't want to be answering PM's and phone calls helping out people for free when they have a business to run, a lot of people on here have knowlege through own experience too

This wasn't this one that was broken in the end was it?

Old 25-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Pob
Advanced PassionFord User

I agree with Benni, I posted this thread a couple weeks ago....

HELP!, I just killed my next door neighbour!!!!

Killed because she didn't make a cat wear a nappy when entering my garden. I was sick of seeing the cat sitting cross eyed, popping on my plants.
Help needed to move and bury the body,payment in kind

I had no reply what so ever!!!!
Old 25-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

To be honest it is just the nature of online communities in general.

All forums I use are the same - just need to word your questions properly and think before you type alot of shite and you'll get on fine.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Coldo
To be honest it is just the nature of online communities in general.

All forums I use are the same - just need to word your questions properly and think before you type alot of shite and you'll get on fine.
One of the common mistakes people make is talking in txt speak or sounding all ghetto IMHO, I just instantly assume they are a retard and wont understand advice anyway so dont bother to give any.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for all the responses, at least we are talking about it

From the posts it seems that I should have gone for an AP organic I wasn't aware that the new Ford clutches are crap and I can't take it back to them

I know the tuners know what they are talking about but the good tuners are also the guys that are busiest and they don't have time to answer everyone's questions, there are plenty of users on here that know their stuff.

Zo,

Yes that's the one that got broken

So sad to see but it just didn't want to work no matter what we tried. It was a fast car but it was frustratingly fragile
Old 25-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Evey
Part of the Furniture

double post, asshole

Last edited by Evey; 25-08-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Evey
Part of the Furniture

I dont use this forum anymore, but a friend linked me to this. Although I should come on more often because its home to the most fucked up people ever, and funny threads are common.

Also, while I'm here, To the Owner of a Blue EsCos

JUST BECAUSE ITS A COSSIE, DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE HIGHWAY CODE DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU

Please wait for the TRAFFIC IN FRONT OF YOU, to enter the round about before deciding to force your way through past the car in front, cunt.

Sincerly the owner of the White Golf GTi you cut up while queing for FF '09
Old 25-08-2009, 10:18 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

sorry who are you?? lol
Old 25-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Evey
Part of the Furniture

Your mother?
Old 25-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Evey
I dont use this forum anymore, but a friend linked me to this.
I use this forum loads, but am not obsessed with it enough to be sending around links to threads chatting about it so it seems strange that you and your friends are if you dont even use it normally, so I reckon the weirdo count certainly goes up by one when you are on here.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:28 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Paulo P
I wasn't aware that the new Ford clutches are crap
Me neither so learnt something new and useful today, thanks!

Z
Old 25-08-2009, 10:31 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

There are plenty of non cossie owners on here & non ford owners & i dont ever see them getting treated any different! im sorry but i think paranoia sets in a little bit with some ppl.Hell there are more M5 owners on here than cossie owners
Old 25-08-2009, 10:37 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carlo
I just find the more you use the site the more ppl you get to know! im on here at work most days skiving so post count goes up gets my day in just fne. I have posted up questions with no replys but i dont take offence!

Yh skiving work and ignoring Pm's i see Carlo No wonder PF is crap.. Its because you dont reply to my PMs Carlo I hate PF

Only messing mate fire me a reply when you get time.. You know you want to
Old 25-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

I have had no problems with it being clicky on here all the questions I have asked whether they be silly or sensible always seem to get answered.

I dont think its people ignoring posts,or shunning you you just have to wait for the right person to be online.Or sometimes the page moves too fast questions get missed

Yes u do get ass kissers as much as you do in real life,thing is if you genuinly need help Pf always seems to pull together and help people out

Last edited by Less.; 25-08-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:56 AM
VEEDUBBED
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have a Ford,let alone a Cosworth but my car's running Cosworth managment.
I've got to say that yes,sometimes you might not get an answer but that happens even on other sites/forums aswell.
I own a Vw corrado so i've got fuk all to do with Fords but whenever i've
asked a few tech. questions someone has nearly always answered.
Stick with the Passionford crew because i reckon on the technical side of
things such as engine managment,turbos and Cosworth info. you won't find better,IMO.
Cheers.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:01 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Arron sorry mate i had so many about the car yesterday my head was frying im a perfect example of what paulo is talking about
Old 25-08-2009, 11:07 AM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't think this site is that bad to be fair, infact i would say it is one of the better ones.

The Civic Type R forum is FULL of people who want to shoot down anyone new, the amount of posts I see where a new member asks a question only to get stupid replies.

Good banter and good number of threads going on in here makes the site more interesting.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:09 AM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i have some mixed opinions on this, there is some serious arse licking on here yet there are loads of genuine top people, jim galbally took me out for a track day and barely knew me (sadly it ended bad), porkie and maria dropped me from silverstone to london, martin hadlnad picked the car up for us, chip came to sort mapping on my car from other side of london having never met him, people offered to lend me money when i crashed jims car, been lent trailers etc from people i never knew so in its defence there are some awsome people on here aswell. thanks again everyone
Old 25-08-2009, 11:10 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Some forums are so anal too, don't do this, don't do that, don't say this, do this first, no this, no that blah blah blah, get a life

Z
Old 25-08-2009, 11:12 AM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 424 Likes on 399 Posts

i thinkyou can be lucky or unlucky about getting a answer on here and no more than that as your post may not be of interest or relevance to people who are online at the time.i posted a couple of weeks ago about the maximum size brakes you can get behind 17x8 hocks on a cossie and got no reply and earlier in the year i asked the question wether to go for autronic, advantages/disadvantages on my new project and i got over 100 replys..so i reckon it was of interest at the time to people who were online.as for the hocks i will just have use the search function .
if you notice the clique people have been on here for years and they have probably answered the same mong questions a million times and need a bit of stimulation as they are probably a bit bored lol

cheers james
Old 25-08-2009, 11:14 AM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

I dont use this forum anymore, but a friend linked me to this. Although I should come on more often because its home to the most fucked up people ever, and funny threads are common.

JUST BECAUSE ITS A COSSIE, DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE HIGHWAY CODE DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU

Please wait for the TRAFFIC IN FRONT OF YOU, to enter the round about before deciding to force your way through past the car in front, cunt.

But here you are posting anyway

Welcome back
Old 25-08-2009, 11:20 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

I've had loads of posts on here that have had no replies, either because no one can be bothered or there isn't anyone that knows thats actually looked at the thread.
I don't log in everytime and read ALL the threads, your lucky if i read 20 of them, even if i haven't logged in for a week.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:29 AM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I havent owed a Ford since l have been registered to this forum, l came over when the old RSBB crashed but have made some good friends from this site and share some common interests with people on this site outside of Fords,

The is a natural Tuner affinity that people back up but it is no where near as bad as it was back in the day with Dingle and Ranj etc etc (just a few names that come to mind)

Sure some people know others more so are likerly to reply but hey hoo such is life,

Mike
Old 25-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

In fairness to PF, there are what, 40k plus members?, you're bound to have the popular people, the funny people, the downright argumentative people and the total fruitcakes.

Look at it as it actually is - the internet. No need to get uptight about what basically is a group of folks having the banter about a shared interest (occasionally its cars)

Its a very impersonal place, a forum, hence folks sometimes appear rude, impersonal etc etc. If its such an upsetting experience, maybe its not the place for some people?
Old 25-08-2009, 11:43 AM
p17fld

Can we have a big group hug?
Old 25-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

Originally Posted by p17fld
Can we have a big group hug?

No -

Second thoughts, if you have a rack like your avatar picture (although im 100% sure you dont) then yes!!!!

Last edited by Matt Evans; 25-08-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:57 AM
lead_foot
is awesome

If you think there is cliquiness on here, try going on SXOC that is proper cliquiness.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Mike C
The Special One

This is by far the least "cliquey", most laid back forum I've ever been on.
Old 25-08-2009, 12:12 PM
p17fld

Originally Posted by Matt Evans
No -

Second thoughts, if you have a rack like your avatar picture (although im 100% sure you dont) then yes!!!!
So you only want me if i have a massive rack?
Old 25-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

Originally Posted by p17fld
So you only want me if i have a massive rack?
That makes me sound SOOOOO shallow, but yes!

PMSL!

(no-one else offered to hug you! too cliquey you see.....)

lol
Old 25-08-2009, 12:23 PM
p17fld

Originally Posted by Matt Evans

(no-one else offered to hug you! too cliquey you see.....)
PMSL
Old 25-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Its Dave

Was not me

Looks like your fit in nicely
Old 25-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

I don't think there's an 'in crowd' as such.. as already mentioned, it's just a case of people who know each other are more likely to respond - be it through meeting at shows or what-ever. I personally couldn't give 2 shits about being part of the 'in crowd' !! If you ever get stuck for info, google it !.
Old 25-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by Chip
Not really noticed much in the way of a clique on here TBH, for example Ive only got an old 3 door replica and a nova, and everyone seems to talk to me just fine.

Old 25-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
I didn't want to say anything, but now someone else has. Here goes...

Benni.

P.S

PP.S
Old 25-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Captain500rs

Just change your screen name to a womens name, few kisses after your post and you will be amazed at the replies you get back on here lol

Quick Reply: I hate the cliquiness on here