General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

I hate the cliquiness on here

Search this Thread

Old 25-08-2009, 06:03 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

every site has an in crowd. thats just the way it is. theres a certain mod on here with long blonde hair that i wont name names but who gets 1000's of replies no matter what the topic....
then theres the tuners arse lickers who can be very embarrasing. have some self respect and get your tongues out their arses.

Last edited by fuzzy; 25-08-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 25-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy
theres a certain mod on here with blonde hair that i wont name names
Mike Rainbird?

Old 25-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Codenamealfie

Gotta say, im relatively new to this site. i used to own a s2 and sold it about 3 years ago and sold it to become a family man (like you do). I have recently decided to build me a frst engine to put in a mk1 fezzer or a mk2 sleeper and thought this site would be useful for info tips and so on. Im technical gas engineer by trade and my knowledge of engines is ok so i thought id be up for a challenge, Ive asked two questions on here and never had any replies, i thought it was that people just didnt know the answers but i know better now..people do they just cant be arsed so needless to say ive had to scour the net and haynes to look for the answers to my questions. I dont think im gonna ask questions anymore i just like lookin at the rebuild threads as it gives me ideas as to what to do to mine.

Shame really as some on here seem like nice people and appear to be knowledgable but it seems sharing is a problem..remember knowledge is power!!!
Old 25-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Your problem probably is, that if you want your question answered, you'd need to post it in the General Discussion. Even if there is a more suitable room, when you post in it, it naturally gets less hits.

I've asked plenty of questions and never been short of answers. Obviously, sometimes you may need to bump a thread up if you post it at the wrong time and it slips away into anonymity.

But I've never had that problem, and I'm certainly not part of any in-crowd, out-crowd or any kind of crowd, lol!
Old 25-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Codenamealfie

Is it worth putting a thread up on building a cvh engine, surely its been done before?
Progress is slow cos of money and im just gettin the bits together at the mo..
Old 25-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Sure! The search facility is very good on here too. No harm in bringing up an old thread so long as it's a useful one!
Old 25-08-2009, 07:37 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by fuzzy
every site has an in crowd. thats just the way it is. theres a certain mod on here with long blonde hair that i wont name names but who gets 1000's of replies no matter what the topic....
then theres the tuners arse lickers who can be very embarrasing. have some self respect and get your tongues out their arses.
ROFL

How do i change a light bulb by the mentioned girl and a 6 page topic erupts. No offence to the said person as i do find it funny and am sure she does to. Especially the 5 or 6 who follow her every post no matter what. Comes with the territory of being a girl on a forum as with tuners also.
Old 25-08-2009, 07:51 PM
madmack99
I Love BooST

Originally Posted by Codenamealfie
Is it worth putting a thread up on building a cvh engine, surely its been done before?
Progress is slow cos of money and im just gettin the bits together at the mo..

yes i for one would be very interested in that as i am going to build a cvh with all the goodies so it defo would be worth it.
Old 25-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know that much about fords anymore - so just look at the cool pics of the good ones and listen to the stats and track day details that people post up.

The real issue is that a very high % of the members of PF are total morons with no more skill than the ability to argue with each other over nothing, usually when they agree in reality, but just haven't noticed yet. That stops me from getting involved in nearly every topic nowadays.

However, I have a few friends who still hang out here so look in to see whats what. If you put up a question that I could help u with, I would. But as rod said, most everything on the internet forums is utter crap anyway, so it is very hard to decide who is giving you good advice and who is not.

Also - what seems to happen on here, is that so many people give opinions based on very little experience, that it becomes hard to convince them all otherwise, even if you know you are right.

For instance, there was a thread to do with banking the other day and even though I work in WHQ for RBS, I didn't reply, as people were already off ranting about very little and it is tiresome to try and convince them that they may want to re-consider.

U managed to get a fair few posts on this topic though - did any of the people u thought were in the cliques reply out of interest?

Cheers

RW
Old 25-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Codenamealfie

Ok i'll get some pic's together of what i ve managed to get-do up till now.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Stick them up on a resto thread, I'd be interested in reading.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Hmm i wouldnt say it was too Cliquey, but a lot of people have met off here so there are a few circles of friends!

Hell of a lot of brown nosing though! Has been from the start though! I remember when Sean Bicknell owned a Mint grey escos, in almost std form, i met him back then. He would, like you, post questions up and not get much response! Then he bought Martin Hadlands engine etc and was a 500bhp plus member and became friends with Martin too. Suddenley EVERYONE knew Sean, Sean this Sean that! One of the nicest blokes ive ever met was Sean, but i bet his arsehole was RAW it must have been licked that many times
Old 25-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

there is arselickers where ever you go and fucking windowlickers too come to think of it
Old 25-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

This is the only car forum I know of where if you say something nice about a car you appreciate or an achievement a tuner has had etc it is called ass-kissing by some of the weirdo's who post on here, surely if you dont appreciate decent cars or tuning achievements etc there is no point being on here at all anyway? Seem to be a lot of very insecure people on here who really cant stand to see anyone else get any positive feedback, properly weird, and so far as I can see unique to PF based on what Ive seen.

Last edited by Chip; 25-08-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steven_RW
U managed to get a fair few posts on this topic though - did any of the people u thought were in the cliques reply out of interest?

Cheers

RW
I'm going to put my crash helmet on now

The people that have replied that said they haven't had a problem spring to mind

The rest of the responses were spot on sadly. I find this thread very interesting & in a few ways I wished I hadn't started it. I do think it's raised a point a point though, we have some great people on here which is what draws us back onto here but I wish they could be bothered to answer the questions they clearly know the answers to instead of ignoring them.

I love passoinford and the banter, I just wish it was easier to get information from and the whole repost thing etc makes it unfriendly.

Last edited by Paulo P; 25-08-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

If I have an answer to a question posted I will help dont matter if they have 1 post or 10000 posts.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Chip

Paulo P, I was one of the people replying saying I dont have a problem, do you think I am in a clique then?

I never even bother to look who has posted a thread generally, I just reply if the subject sounds interesting, so it seems weird for you to seemingly group me into a clique like that.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Chip
This is the only car forum I know of where if you say something nice about a car you appreciate or an achievement a tuner has had etc it is called ass-kissing by some of the weirdo's who post on here, surely if you dont appreciate decent cars or tuning achievements etc there is no point being on here at all anyway? Seem to be a lot of very insecure people on here who really cant stand to see anyone else get any positive feedback, properly weird, and so far as I can see unique to PF based on what Ive seen.
Nah thats not arse licking at all. Making comments on people cars/achievments etc is fantastic. Its what drives most people on to do even more with the car and stick at what they are doing with it when times get bad and they feel like throwing the towel in!
Old 25-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Nah thats not arse licking at all. Making comments on people cars/achievments etc is fantastic. Its what drives most people on to do even more with the car and stick at what they are doing with it when times get bad and they feel like throwing the towel in!
The only times ive ever experienced being called an ass licker on here, it was purely for doing just that.

I really cant say Ive ever seen many posts on here that I would say consitute arse licking, can you or diamonds etc give an example then of one that you think is?

Ive seen people sniffing around Maria, but thats just sad attempts at flirting with someone fit, so I dont view that as arselicking either TBH

You get people like Carlo banging on about AG's car, but I view that as no different to a football fan banging on about their favourite team.

Last edited by Chip; 25-08-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:38 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by RS Grant
I've thought before that the sarky comment thing is a good indicator, some members will seemingly piss themselves laughing at average comments made by 'in-crowders' to win favor and be accepted into the circle of trust, but other sometimes funnier comments by random members here and there are just passed by.

Its kinda sad, but at the end of the day, this is the internet.

Cheers,
Grant

100% true
Old 25-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Paulo P, I was one of the people replying saying I dont have a problem, do you think I am in a clique then?

I never even bother to look who has posted a thread generally, I just reply if the subject sounds interesting, so it seems weird for you to seemingly group me into a clique like that.
Chip,

I view you differently because you always seem to be everywhere 24/7 and also have an informed opinion on pretty much any subject. In the early days for me (late 2006) I used to wonder what was going on with you and Phil but I now know you are well and truely part of the furniture around here lol.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

I gave an example in my initial reply to this thread. Im not going trawl through thousands of posts to prove to someone sat hundreds of miles away from me that brown nosing does go off! As it doesnt matter. It happens, end of!

You are probably one of the more inteligent blokes on here in the tuning sector, albeit diy, and could therefore be very helpfull to many users like Paulo, but for some reason choose to follow the path of doing the very thing that i wont do above, and belittling people. Nothing wrong with the debates and banter posts its amusing, but you do go seriosuly too far to prove points Chipper!
Old 25-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Paulo P
Chip,

I view you differently because you always seem to be everywhere 24/7 and also have an informed opinion on pretty much any subject. In the early days for me (late 2006) I used to wonder what was going on with you and Phil but I now know you are well and truely part of the furniture around here lol.
It was a strange one with old phillis! Everyone is different! Chip finds people on here 'freaks' for thinking arse licking goes on, but yet finds it rather normal for some reason to organise a fight with a fellow member of the bb over some silly posts!
Old 25-08-2009, 10:43 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

iam no mechanic but that skyline is fooking lovely if this helps i had a stage 4 light blues,t4 blah blah and used a 6 paddle clutch was really good road useable

Last edited by CRAIG HAYTER; 25-08-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:46 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

it goes

superstars
groupies
hangers on
mega posters
porch owners
bmw owners
cosworth owners
scum

if you are in the scum bit dont worry,i'm in it too now!
Old 25-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

It was a strange one with old phillis! Everyone is different! Chip finds people on here 'freaks' for thinking arse licking goes on, but yet finds it rather normal for some reason to organise a fight with a fellow member of the bb over some silly posts!

Which could of been delt with over PM...
Old 25-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
But who would he have pm'd? Which Alias?
Old 25-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Chip

Dont be daft, I have never organised a fight with a fellow member, nor have I ever had a fight with a fellow member, I just humoured a keyboard warrior who said he wanted a fight, so I told him where to find me, at which point he instantly backed down as expected, as that is what keyboard warriors do.
I have never threatened anyone with violence on here, not my style at all, in fact I have never threatened anyone with violence in real life either that I recall, if you are going to hit someone the last thing you want to do is warn them IMHO.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Chip

I gave an example in my initial reply to this thread. Im not going trawl through thousands of posts to prove to someone sat hundreds of miles away from me that brown nosing does go off! As it doesnt matter. It happens, end of!
Well next time you see an example, PM me a link if you dont mind wasting 10 seconds of your time, as I genuinely havent noticed it so I would imagine our definitions of it are a bit different so I would be itnerested to see a post through your eyes.

You are probably one of the more inteligent blokes on here in the tuning sector, albeit diy, and could therefore be very helpfull to many users like Paulo,
Its not just that I could, I frequently am, I put an awful lot of time and effort into helping other users on here to understand how to tune their car, often to the extent of going and giving a hand to people I have never even met before like mentioned by Paul earlier in this thread when I went and mapped his car for him cause he was stuck for someone to help out

but for some reason choose to follow the path of doing the very thing that i wont do above, and belittling people. Nothing wrong with the debates and banter posts its amusing, but you do go seriosuly too far to prove points Chipper!
If I feel something is incorrect, then if I have the time to do so I wont leave it without condratdiction, I wish more members were of the same mindset personally as this forum would be a lot more accurate if people were less lazy about overlooking mistakes without correcting them.
I like facts, and accuracy, and usefulness, so I strive to improve the percentage of threads on here that contain them.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Dont be daft, I have never organised a fight with a fellow member, nor have I ever had a fight with a fellow member, I just humoured a keyboard warrior who said he wanted a fight, so I told him where to find me, at which point he instantly backed down as expected, as that is what keyboard warriors do.
I have never threatened anyone with violence on here, not my style at all, in fact I have never threatened anyone with violence in real life either that I recall, if you are going to hit someone the last thing you want to do is warn them IMHO.
LOL Well Phil said you backed down LOL Stir.....

I was threatened by PM once, found it very amusing someone could take things that seriously!
Old 25-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
With Phil?

Crikey, you never got the hang of him then mate if you think that!
His only interest was in making a public spectacle, how could he do that by PM?
Old 25-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Chip

LOL Well Phil said you backed down LOL Stir.....
Backed down from what? As I just mentioned I have never threatened anyone in the first place, so have nothing to back down from, he was the one saying he would beat me up, I never said the same thing back, IIRC I merely told him where he could find me if that was what he wished to do.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

I'm on about Spadge? Didn't you post up the PM's on the forum, but changed his name to different names of cum? LOL
Old 25-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Chip

Forgot all about that as it was all a storm in a teacup too that nothing ever came of either.
But as above, Ive never threatened spadge either radders, or anyone else, again I was only saying if he wanted to meet me he was welcome to, I see no point in trying to hide from folk, im always at shows etc so not hard to find.

Last edited by Chip; 25-08-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

No, You did.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Time to draw a line I think, this wasn't meant to turn into a slanging match and I don't want it to
Old 25-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

You are an arse licker, Chip, and I am not alone in my thinking. Do a search in the tags for 'Chip' and see how many are calling you a brown nose, arse licker and so on and I can assure you very, very few of them will be me, as I prefer to just tell you so like I am doing now. The reality is not many people will come on here and agree with me, but they'll do so with a Tag which means many, many people are thinking it.

I have lots of members on MSN and Facebook send me a link to a thread and will say something like 'He's at it again, can you beleive him?' 'His nose is right up Martin's arse again'. etc. I've been at car shows before when someone has randomly brought the subject up of your arse licking and it's happened more than once, and not by the same person I can tell you.

You can deny it all you like, but the fact of the matter is you do lick arse and that's the end of it. Mark Shead, Martin, Porkie, Stu, Andy G, and so on. I don't need to give you examples as many of the people who will read this will be agreeing with me, completely. They'll never openly say it, but I know they're thinking it.

Benni.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Chip

Benni, I think you are probably just one of those people who because they never get anything nice said about them as they achieve nothing gets so offended if someone else does, as I have already mentioned in this thread, that doesnt make other people arse lickers, it just makes you very insecure like I mentioned earlier

Only things Ive ever said to AG for example (as he is the only one of those people you mention who I dont actually know quite well in real life so talk to on here accordingly) is how impressed I am at his car, or how quickly he has built it or what a good quarter mile time he has run etc, that may fit your and some other saddo's definition of arse licking, but it certainly doesnt fit mine, nor I suspect any other well adjusted person's.

So as above, if you could find an example of it, it will do nothing other than show people how sad you are IMHO as it wont be anything like "arse licking" in reality.

Find it VERY funny that you sit on MSN spending loads of your time discussing me with all the other muppet room saddos etc, I can assure you I dont return the favour

Last edited by Chip; 25-08-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Benni, I think you are probably just one of those people who because they never get anything nice said about them as they achieve nothing gets so offended if someone else does,
I receive PM's often commenting on my posts as it happens telling me how funny I am and so on. Here is one I received not even 2 days ago.

Originally Posted by madmack99
your one funny dude benni. Passionford is the only place you see stuff like this lmao keep up the good work.

madmack99.
Originally Posted by Benni
I am glad you think I'm funny, nice compliment. Thank's.

Benni.
That is one of many I have received over the years of being on PF. So I think you'll find nice things are often said about me. When I go to the meets people have commented on how funny I am and so on.

Thank's.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 25-08-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Benni
I receive PM's often commenting on my posts as it happens telling me how funny I am and so on. Here is one I received not even 2 days ago.

That is one of many I have received over the years of being on PF. So I think you'll find nice things are often said about me.

Thank's.

Benni.

And as I said, but you clearly werent capable of understanding, the only people who view comments about someone's cars or achievements with tuning their car as arselicking are people who have never received them for those reasons themselves.

If you were actually genuinely into cars, you would also be commenting positively on people's achievements with them, rather than viewing doing so as a negative thing on here, it isnt, its one of the better aspects of this forum as mentioned by Lee earlier.

You have no useful place on this forum in the context of cars, so try to invent a way to get attention by being the forum clown, if you want to do so then thats up to you, but dont be surprised when no one out of the genuine forum users is very interested in your opinion largely as a result.

Quick Reply: I hate the cliquiness on here