General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

dodgy scousers!

Search this Thread

Old 20-06-2009, 09:09 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodgy scousers!

7 weeks ago i bought an 06 plate merc 220 diesel off a pal of mine who had bought it from a police disposal auction that day(mersyside police took the car presumably as it was from proceeds of crime)....

anyway it came with no v5 so i applied for a new one-simple......7 weeks later and god knows how many phone calls to the dvla becuase i hadnt got one (plus i had sold it to a pal in the trade,who had sold it on to another pal in the trade who was waiting for the v5 from me) i finally find out why.............
police turn up today to ask me about the alleged merc i had applied for a v5 for and wish to see the said vehicle.i tell him what has happened and that another trader now has it.he then tells me there is another merc of the same reg parked on a womans drive in stockport and my car must have been tampered with.....anyway i contact the lad who now has the car and the police go to inspect it-turns out my/our car is the real deal and the one in stockport is not.the woman had bought it in february with the real v5 for the car but the car was not the genuine car as that one was sat in the police compound.
obviously whoever had the car taken from the police still had the v5 so "found" another silver c220 merc and changed its id and then sold it to the unsuspecting woman-who now is about to lose her car.......
and i am finally going to get a v5 at last!!!!feel sorry for the woman though......
Old 20-06-2009, 09:11 PM
JLStretton
Choose Life.

Poor women
Old 20-06-2009, 09:24 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 425 Likes on 400 Posts

the poor women is right ,did she not have the car checked out?
cheers james
Old 20-06-2009, 09:38 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

must have not checked the numbers etc...Jay

happens everywhere not just Liverpool.
Old 20-06-2009, 09:41 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

clearly she didnt.....

if she had hpi'd it it would have come up clear on the reg as the v5 she has is the original one for the car.without seeing her car its hard to say how obvious the cloning is on it......
last thing the police told me was they were on their way to see the woman and her car as they were satisfied my car was the genuine one.

would have been interesting had the mersyside police been selling cloned cars through auctions and mine had been the bad egg????
Old 20-06-2009, 09:42 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
must have not checked the numbers etc...Jay

happens everywhere not just Liverpool.

i know it does mate.....first time ive come across it though.

not all scousers are dodgy.......i think!
Old 20-06-2009, 09:44 PM
kev 3dr
Advanced PassionFord User

bloody hell Jay that was a close call for you !!!
but do feel for the poor women !!
Old 20-06-2009, 09:47 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i knew my car was fine as i had checked all the numbers etc-it had the supplying dealer number plates still fitted.......but for a while i was nervous in case it was a really good clone.
Old 20-06-2009, 09:47 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

you would of thought the police would have checked the car once it had been taken from the lads involved to make sure it was not stolen/rung etc...more charges for them.

obviously, the lads did not want to lose money on the merc.
Old 20-06-2009, 09:54 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
you would of thought the police would have checked the car once it had been taken from the lads involved to make sure it was not stolen/rung etc...more charges for them.

obviously, the lads did not want to lose money on the merc.
exactly,they have thought" fuck it we have still got the log book for the car and that one is going to be in the compound for months so we'll get one dropped off,change the id and sell it on".

bet she didnt pay top money for it.......too good to be true-normally is!
Old 20-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you think thats bad,,, the tvr tuscan a mate of mine bought from someone who was kicked out the country so was left a few months on private land behind shops that the guy who got kicked out still owned might i add,,,,, anyway my mate goes to check on hes baby whilst waiting for info about getting parts for it ect,,,, cars been nicked !!!!

report it to the feds ect,,,, few weeks later hes driving along and he clocks hes car on the back of a flatbed, blocks the bloke in about to have a ruck ect,,, turns out its the police recovering the car for him as they found it

THE CUNTS WHO NICKED THE CAR APPLIED FOR THE LOG BOOK !!! and heres the BEST part i dont understand

THEY AINT PRESSING CHARGES AS THE GUYS NEVER STOLEN THE CAR,, THEY MOVED A ABANDONED VEHICLE SO IT WOULDNT GET ANY DAMAGE AND APPLIED FOR THE LOG BOOK,,,,,,, apparantly its not breaking the law ??????

my mate had to pay to recover the car from alperton pound, ive had to buy new wheels for it as they went missing " before they recovered the car"

theres a 360 modena just round the corner,,, been abandoned for a few weeks now on a driveway,,,,, just gonna arrange a truck to collect and apply for the log book,,,,, its not theft if you apply for a log book AFTER you steal it
Old 20-06-2009, 10:40 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

my sister had an odd one, she gets a log book through for an X5 (think it was an 07 plate) and had an expensive private plate.

Called the DVLA and they said that her name, address were what had been put on the log book and asked if it could have been bought for her.

She said she wished but no, and they said she would need to keep a copy of it incase the police rolled up.

Only thing I could think of being that it couldn't have been a mistake by the buyer si that they paid for it with either funny money or a fake bankers draft and were going to ring the car or use it on a job.

She hasn;t heard anything as yet though??
Old 21-06-2009, 12:27 AM
dreamer
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Ginge !
you think thats bad,,, the tvr tuscan a mate of mine bought from someone who was kicked out the country so was left a few months on private land behind shops that the guy who got kicked out still owned might i add,,,,, anyway my mate goes to check on hes baby whilst waiting for info about getting parts for it ect,,,, cars been nicked !!!!

report it to the feds ect,,,, few weeks later hes driving along and he clocks hes car on the back of a flatbed, blocks the bloke in about to have a ruck ect,,, turns out its the police recovering the car for him as they found it

THE CUNTS WHO NICKED THE CAR APPLIED FOR THE LOG BOOK !!! and heres the BEST part i dont understand

THEY AINT PRESSING CHARGES AS THE GUYS NEVER STOLEN THE CAR,, THEY MOVED A ABANDONED VEHICLE SO IT WOULDNT GET ANY DAMAGE AND APPLIED FOR THE LOG BOOK,,,,,,, apparantly its not breaking the law ??????

my mate had to pay to recover the car from alperton pound, ive had to buy new wheels for it as they went missing " before they recovered the car"

theres a 360 modena just round the corner,,, been abandoned for a few weeks now on a driveway,,,,, just gonna arrange a truck to collect and apply for the log book,,,,, its not theft if you apply for a log book AFTER you steal it
Why'd you have to buy the wheels?

This is similar to the stavros s2000 tho isn't it
Old 21-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Dub604
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !

theres a guy on here who "collected an abandonned ecos" and applied for the logbook, all in it cost him like Ł400?? ill have to keep my eyes peeled for "abandoned" cars.
Old 21-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by dreamer
Why'd you have to buy the wheels?

the dissapeared, recons before they took it

bought another set off ebay for 285 quid from someone who races sagaris and ginettas on thursday and we got the car back so could be ALOT worse

repair bill for the car is comming close to 3k sofar but the car cost just under 10k for a 2004 plate tvr tuscan so,, well we aint lost anything as such as we could sell the car for 18k and im lucky that a few tvr places have looked after me sourcing some stuff that is proper hard to find
Old 21-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by dreamer

he never nicked the car then applied for the log book though, he applied then he got the car/keys

these cunts stolen the car then applied for the log book and the old bill seem to think its a reasonable excuse,,,,,, wonder why i fucking hate the old bill at times