General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Prison riots

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Prison riots

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/7994616.stm

Apparently it was about prisoner privileges prisoners shouldnt have any privileges!!! they are there to be punnished not treated softly softly!!! Hope the ring leaders get hefty extensions to thier sentances!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Privileges, it makes you laugh don't it.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

They get fed and watered, what more do they want.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:31 PM
SillyFezzaMk1
Rubber Rhino Crew

I remember an article a few years back saying how sky tv was part of prisoners human rights or something daft like that, may have been a detention centre and not a prison but still a waste of my money giving some fuckwits sky tv.

Dan
Old 11-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

This was a prison riot
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/4215173.stm
Old 11-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

the other one i read earlier was a womans prison all getting easter eggs

They need strict punnishment and rehabilitation, NOT a fucking holiday park. Im sorry but the "Lack of freedom" just doesnt cut it as a punnishment.

Its not just the prison system but the whole justice system as a whole! For example, one of the thieving scum bints we caught today has a record as long as my arm yet she was in court last week for thefts and breaking her community order. All they did was add more restrictions to her community order (which she wont follow anyway ) and let her go. she takes the attitude that theft is her "job" Thats the way these scum look at it now. So basically she gets off scot free every time!! Even she admitted that she is a bit stupid now and then and risks going to prison by hitting a copper

If they made prison really brutal and harsh then eventually the cunts would learn by "negative reinforcement" that crime=pain and hopefully learn some boundarys and consequence to thier actions. fuck human rights for criminals. what about our human rights as victims of crime and citizens to not be robbed etc???
Old 11-04-2009, 09:49 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im all for restricting privelidges and even human rights for people in prison, but i think it should be determined on the severity of the crime that was committed. It should be done in bands, so the higher up the scale your crime was, then the less privelidges and human rights you get.

A crime is not just another crime. Every case is different and should be judged as such.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by S1rst
Im all for restricting privelidges and even human rights for people in prison, but i think it should be determined on the severity of the crime that was committed. It should be done in bands, so the higher up the scale your crime was, then the less privelidges and human rights you get.

A crime is not just another crime. Every case is different and should be judged as such.
To do a good job of that you would have to look at each inmate and case individually, and that takes up time and resources, both of which could be used better elsewhere within the system.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:15 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Big G
To do a good job of that you would have to look at each inmate and case individually, and that takes up time and resources, both of which could be used better elsewhere within the system.
Well the sentance given is 'supposed' to reflect the actual crime committed and the circumstances of that particular case, so maybe that could be used as the measure.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

yes the sentance may well supposedly reflect the crime, but the punnishment in our prisons doesnt.....

We already have a prison category system.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:32 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
she takes the attitude that theft is her "job" Thats the way these scum look at it now.
Mate it IS her job.

These scum you talk about give you a job.

People have always broken the law and a lot have seen it as a job as it is to them.

Nothing new mate.

Not all peoples vocations are legit
Old 12-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
Mate it IS her job.

These scum you talk about give you a job.
So why are we paying the fucking bitch dole money then????

Id rather have only a part time job as car park attendant and these scum worked legaly for a living
Old 12-04-2009, 12:44 AM
coleman
Always in the background

having been to prison myself.
I think its done to try and get prisoners to behave and earn something by behaving, there is no way on earth they would be able to control 90,000 or what the prison pop is at the moment if they all decided to kick off!
Old 12-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

well its not working really is it??

you just have to look at reoffend rates!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 12:50 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Id rather have only a part time job as car park attendant and these scum worked legaly for a living
No you wouldnt

We still pay her social as if as a country we accepted her tax returns as a thief we would condone her actions.
Which could never happen, well to the masses
Old 12-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
We still pay her social as if as a country we accepted her tax returns as a thief we would condone her actions.
Well according to benefit rules you are legally required to declare ALL income

so why dont we then take away thier benefits!! the rules allow them to do this....... just the poof pansys in power wont do it for some reason!!!

Its not like they are using the benefits to get quals and training for a legit career is it???

This is where this country would benefit from a US style "3 strikes" system. these repeat offenders may well be deterred when they spend most thier life in prison....... It would most definitely be worth the expenditure in prisons versus savings in police, insurances, loss of revenue etc of most of these crimes.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tv 24 hours a day, playstations allowed, and you can go to the gym all that and you get 3 meals a day,its worth trying to rob a bank after all
Old 12-04-2009, 08:52 AM
D16PJM

from an ex prison officer (brixton prison) the service is a ticking time bomb with over crowding, cat b inmates being put in cat c jails due to lack of space and they are now being locked in there cells more due to cuts in staff etc, this is the first of many.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:16 AM
RS500/364
BANNED
BANNED

You lot ant got a clue been there done that
and a cat c prisioner in a cat b prision
LOST JOB FAMILY SEEN FAMILY 2 x a month
if there was not tv in there that we paid for there would be more riots
how about food you wouldnt give yuor dogs and milk that was off with your beakfast most i had was given to other or chucked away people still have to live and some are not even guilty of what they were in there for but pressure can make yoy say i am guilty just so you know how long you will get all i have is my car and close family after this and a lot of shit from police thank to the few from the car club who visted me as i dont know what i would have done if i lost that as well !!
Old 12-04-2009, 09:18 AM
RS500/364
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by RETRO_AL
Tv 24 hours a day, playstations allowed, and you can go to the gym all that and you get 3 meals a day,its worth trying to rob a bank after all

And you earn what you get to 6 ,onth to get a ps2
Old 12-04-2009, 09:44 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never had a TV or a radio, and the food was not fit to be called food, banged up 23 hours a day, for three months, then on one of my visits to court, CCTV showed a policeman had fabiracted eveidence and case was quoshed, still I expect I deserved that, the policeman who lied(on oath 5 times), 2 years later he is now an inspector, no punishment at all.
My cell mate was in there for stealing, a 57 year old no previous crime stole food to feed his 2 children and wife/himself, after being made redundant from 30 years in the same job, couldn't get another job, though he looked, dwp had taken 5 months to not sort out a single pence in benefit, I don't think he deserved this punishment.
tabetha