General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

illeagal workers

Search this Thread

Old 20-03-2009, 04:31 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by G2RSR
I think your missed the point they are taking the top jobs building , timber , factory , driving jobs etc working for a lot lower wage because they have 10 people living in a 2 bed house its all shared between them inc bills

so for a british man to compete and live on that wage he will also have to be single living in a 2 bed with 10 people
or the british man could study hard and get some qualifications so that his idea of a 'top job' is not building or driving
Old 20-03-2009, 04:58 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i think he means "top jobs" as in the top % of jobs that are done rather than being the best jobs that are done
Old 20-03-2009, 05:02 PM
G2RSR
Bodybuilding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
or the british man could study hard and get some qualifications so that his idea of a 'top job' is not building or driving
some people actually enjoy there job mate whatever trade there in im a builder by trade and i fucking love it i was on Ł20 a hour driving a JCB until lately some polish took my job taking Ł8.50 a hour

you cannot say because the type of job there in there right, so if we get a load of people from say America coming over all looking for IT work and saying to the employers we will work for less than them it would be the same as this

Last edited by G2RSR; 20-03-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 20-03-2009, 05:08 PM
G2RSR
Bodybuilding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
i think he means "top jobs" as in the top % of jobs that are done rather than being the best jobs that are done
yes mate i mean the top jobs in whatever industry your in
Old 20-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by G2RSR
I think your missed the point they are taking the top jobs building , timber , factory , driving jobs etc working for a lot lower wage because they have 10 people living in a 2 bed house its all shared between them inc bills
No, I don't think i missed the point at all.

It's basic economics. If there are lot's of people willing to do a job then the market price for labour will fall. Straight forward supply and demand.

The fact these people are from overseas is irrelevant [apart from the "illegals" that everyone insists live on every street corner] it just means that the going labour rate for a lot of these jobs was too high in the first place!

It wasn't that many years ago that the average skilled manual labourer like a chippy, sparky, mechanic or plumber would be living in a modest 2/3 bed house. Wages rose and so did expectations and now most people think they deserve more. There's no problem in that imo as that's what builds economies but the fact of the matter is, these people have obviously priced themself out of the market.

The worse thing though and the reason the whole economy is fucked is that as the papers keep telling us, most of these same people have amassed large personal debts. So not only were the labour rates higher than the market is currently comfortable with, they require higher wages AGAIN to get themself out of the shit.

Whether people see it as fair or not, it's the way it is.
Old 20-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paddy
No, I don't think i missed the point at all.

It's basic economics. If there are lot's of people willing to do a job then the market price for labour will fall. Straight forward supply and demand.

The fact these people are from overseas is irrelevant [apart from the "illegals" that everyone insists live on every street corner] it just means that the going labour rate for a lot of these jobs was too high in the first place!

It wasn't that many years ago that the average skilled manual labourer like a chippy, sparky, mechanic or plumber would be living in a modest 2/3 bed house. Wages rose and so did expectations and now most people think they deserve more. There's no problem in that imo as that's what builds economies but the fact of the matter is, these people have obviously priced themself out of the market.

The worse thing though and the reason the whole economy is fucked is that as the papers keep telling us, most of these same people have amassed large personal debts. So not only were the labour rates higher than the market is currently comfortable with, they require higher wages AGAIN to get themself out of the shit.

Whether people see it as fair or not, it's the way it is.
i take it you dont work with many poles?
there legally in this country but it is them that has really fucked this country in my opinion.they actually get paid the same rate in my work as the british guys but its the fact that the dont spend any of there wages in our economy.
as folk have said they live with 3 or 4 to a room,when they go back home for the 2 weeks break they fill there car or van to the guts with cigs,drink and food,and when they do have to spend money here it goes in the polish shops.the guys in my work earn over 30k a year and at least 23k of that is going back home,they actually laugh at the fact our country is fucked and know they can go back home at anytime to there houses that are bought and paid for with a nice big stack of savings.
they can also claim for there children that dont even stay in this country over 1 billion pound went to poland last year for children that dont even live in this fucking country

Last edited by Daviet; 20-03-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 20-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob...

ive seen the sausage rolls eat alot worse because it was 15p a tin