General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

why can't we just get along eh?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:08 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default why can't we just get along eh?

it happens all the time, someone posts up their views on something and, rather than have a discussion to explain other peole differing views on the subject so that everyone knows where everyone else is coming from, people resort to just insulting people who have differing views on the matter?

why is that?

why can person a have a difference on onion on a matter to person b, and person c, and so on and so forth?

why does person a have to be hated by person b and c, who, because they have different onions on the matter themselves, also hate each other?

can someone explain?

i can understand "human nature", i can understand "not wanting to be picked upon", i can even try to understand largely bigotted views (and yes, i'm talking about carol thatcher's golloywog* comment that has seen these dolls withdrawn from sale at the windsor castle shop)

but what i can't understand is that no one seems to be able to argue their corner without everyone else jumping onto a runaway bandwagon just because it's the col thing to do?

what ever happened to having your own onion baout things?

what ever happened to having a difference of onion and understanding that others will always be different and accepting that?

me and my mate bless (so called because he's one of them bible bashing god bothers) we have lots of discussions most mornings about why there is a jesus and why there isn't, sometimes he has a point, sometiems i have a point, but we agree to disagree and then we get on with it, i know LOADS of people who are exctly the same, so why does it seem to be that less and less people are willing to understand someone elses different viewpoints?

especially here on pf where it's supposed to be about helping each other and stuff

i give up some days, i really do, and it's a struggle to just resort to witty name calling and not bother reading the post again

Old 05-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what the fuck have onions got to do with it?
Old 05-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

plus when person a is spouting bollox then person b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z have the right to say person a is a tit and deserves to be shot down in a flaming mess
Old 05-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Captain500rs
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read his sig
Old 05-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Kamike
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
what the fuck have onions got to do with it?
I was going to ask the same thing and then call him a cunt because I dont agree with a word of it
Old 05-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Captain500rs
Read his sig
Or is he just advertising the fact for a sympathy vote like jade goody lol
Old 05-02-2009, 02:17 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its because some people are tossers dojj, end of
Old 05-02-2009, 02:18 PM
rstel1
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Captain500rs
Read his sig
yeh read the sig give the guy a break ffs
Old 05-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Dojj, mate, I like you...BUT....if you start a thread with a title of "She may be a moron..." when youre talking about someone who is dying...then it is going to get peoples backs up.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:21 PM
dojj

that had me lol for real
Old 05-02-2009, 02:21 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-02-2009, 02:32 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Punkie

Dojj, mate, I like you...BUT....if you start a thread with a title of "She may be a moron..." when youre talking about someone who is dying...then it is going to get peoples backs up.
but that'swhat i am getting at, people read bits of a post and then forget about reading the rest of it

i made my views very clear, and was expecting others to do the same, thus having a debate on weather it was a good thing or a bad thing not just for her, but for her kids, the newspapers, cancer charities, other sufferes, the whole works

but instead people called her all sorts of names on one side, and on the other you had the people who wanted to cut her a break

it would have been much easier for those who thought it was attention seeking to have their say and those who felt sorry for her to have their say and those who work in the helth industry to have their say and so on and so forth, but it disolves into a pf bitchfest like so many other toipcs do

and it's not just me, any mention of top speeds and people think "oh dear, rods going to be here any minute" then you've got the "martin did it off gas" before the "take it somewhere else" and you lose the whole essence of the post

i understand that, for every post you make, there is the chance that it can skew off on a tangent that is more productive, but that's a debate and you take it where it goes

you wouldn't just say "you're fat/bald/ugly/smelly/wear the wrong jumper so i'm not going to read what you've written"
Old 05-02-2009, 02:34 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

who gives a fuck what some numpty on a car forum thinks of you anyway!?
Old 05-02-2009, 02:35 PM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

I think people fall out, then take any opportunity to have a go at the other party - using any old thread to do it, internet warriors or something. This board is like all the others - piss someone off and often they will harbour a grudge they never ever let go of - so they pick a fight with you at every opportunity.

Naming no names of course
Old 05-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Plus your making it worse for yourself by bringing it all back up again in ANOTHER thread, you'd be best off digging up the wrestling thread that was pure comedy genius
Old 05-02-2009, 02:39 PM
dojj

Plus your making it worse for yourself by bringing it all back up again in ANOTHER thread, you'd be best off digging up the wrestling thread that was pure comedy genius

it's in my sig

as for holding a grudge, say what you need to say, then it's over with
no point in being hostile with someone because they've painted their shed a differnt colur to what it should have been originally

that way it's also much easier to get one with life rather than have your mind cluttered with "he said, she said" and getting all mixed up about it

as the man said, "when you need to shoot, shoot, don't talk"
Old 05-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dojj God says - bless is right, oh and he knows his onions lol
Old 05-02-2009, 02:48 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

well she is.. the fact she has cancer has nothing to do with it. Thousands of people die its just life get over it. shes no one special.. not one bit more important then the next 100,000 woman to have cancer.. her kids are not more important than any one elses (to her yes but to me and everyone else no). So explain to me why should she have money for having cancer??
Old 05-02-2009, 02:54 PM
RSandy

lets face it dude, THE ONLY reason that debate got so heated, was cos 75% of people seem to think that by being on the high and mighty bandwagon, they all earn their pass into heaven or some shite like that!
Old 05-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Some people just like to hate I guess.

Personally im a pretty tolerant kind of chap, cant actually name anyone I genuinely hate, and certainly never would hate someone over something they posted on a forum that I may have read the wrong way anyway.

With regards to Jade Goody, sadly she is a victim of a combination of factors IMHO, some of which (genetic disposition) she could do nothing about, and some of which (smoking / drinking / shite lifestyle etc) which she could have done something about.

She took a gamble with her health, and it didnt pay off, only herself to blame of course, but that doesnt stop me feeling sorry for her and her kids etc, dont stop me thinking she is a thick cow that im sick of reading about though in general.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Originally Posted by R5FORD
well she is.. the fact she has cancer has nothing to do with it. Thousands of people die its just life get over it. shes no one special.. not one bit more important then the next 100,000 woman to have cancer.. her kids are not more important than any one elses (to her yes but to me and everyone else no). So explain to me why should she have money for having cancer??
Everyone should have the support (financial or otherwise) they need to cope with cancer.

Sadly not everyone seems to get it.

I dont understand why people are getting so het up about her using her "public image" to get money for her sons future.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:02 PM
RSandy

erm, cos shes already got lots of money, and if she hasnt, then she shudnt have pissed it all up the wall living a celebrity lifestyle when she isnt a celebrity!
Old 05-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RSandy
erm, cos shes already got lots of money, and if she hasnt, then she shudnt have pissed it all up the wall living a celebrity lifestyle when she isnt a celebrity!
Dont 90% of people waste mney on shit things, take this forum for example and how people spend most there money on an old ford, should they just save it all up incase they get terminally ill?
Old 05-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Originally Posted by RSandy
You've seen her personal bank account then?

People are way too quick to make assumtions that she has "lots of money" already...lots of money to you might be change to someone else...its all relative.

How would you say she has pissed it up the wall?

I would personally say she was a very shrewd business woman making a living out of playing up to her "dopey" image that was brought to light on Big Brother.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:05 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboShed
I think people fall out, then take any opportunity to have a go at the other party - using any old thread to do it, internet warriors or something. This board is like all the others - piss someone off and often they will harbour a grudge they never ever let go of - so they pick a fight with you at every opportunity.

Naming no names of course
Spot on
Old 05-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You've seen her personal bank account then?

People are way too quick to make assumtions that she has "lots of money" already...lots of money to you might be change to someone else...its all relative.

How would you say she has pissed it up the wall?

I would personally say she was a very shrewd business woman making a living out of playing up to her "dopey" image that was brought to light on Big Brother.
I have to dissagre with that i think she is genunly as thick as mince but has a decent manager that looks after her and tells her what to do. Probably didnt tell her to be racist on a national tv program though lol
Old 05-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Chip

Punkie, I have to agree, she has done remarkabley well to capitalise on her "fame", im sure a lot of it has been just following good advice, but either way, she's made a lot of money out of it.

She must genuinely be an inspiration to fat thick ugly birds everywhere
Old 05-02-2009, 03:10 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Everyone should have the support (financial or otherwise) they need to cope with cancer.

Sadly not everyone seems to get it.

I dont understand why people are getting so het up about her using her "public image" to get money for her sons future.
by using her public image she is basically conning people to give her sons a free ride in life, where they wont work and do fuck all.. more than likely have a ferrari by the age of 18 and run some old lady over..whats wrong with growing up and getting a job and making your own mone.. There are people who have worked extremely hard for what they have and need the money for genuine reasons ie treatment costs, medicine costs, not so they can buy there son a house or car etc..
Old 05-02-2009, 03:12 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Dont 90% of people waste mney on shit things, take this forum for example and how people spend most there money on an old ford, should they just save it all up incase they get terminally ill?
Old 05-02-2009, 03:13 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

difference is you can sell an old ford to recuperate some of the money back.. you cant sell your piss which is full of alcohol to get any money back.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Originally Posted by Chip
Punkie, I have to agree, she has done remarkabley well to capitalise on her "fame", im sure a lot of it has been just following good advice, but either way, she's made a lot of money out of it.

She must genuinely be an inspiration to fat thick ugly birds everywhere
Exactly. She is my hero.

I dont see why people are being so hard on her.

If shes in a paper...turn the page if you dont wanna see her.

If shes on the tv...turn over if you dont wanna hear her.

Its not hard.

But when people are IMHO being plain bitchy about someone who is dying (famous, joe public, or whomever) then it does get my back up.

Who can blame the girl for wanting to squeeze every last moment out of life that she can before its gone? Its the public that made her a "celebrity" in the first place...so I dont see why we have the right to moan now.

(Queue someone saying they never watched big brother, or anything with Jade in, or ever read anything about her in a paper ever )
Old 05-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Chip

by using her public image she is basically conning people to give her sons a free ride in life, where they wont work and do fuck all.. more than likely have a ferrari by the age of 18 and run some old lady over..whats wrong with growing up and getting a job and making your own mone.. There are people who have worked extremely hard for what they have and need the money for genuine reasons ie treatment costs, medicine costs, not so they can buy there son a house or car etc..
I always though you were one of those people yourself TBH, young lad with an rs500 or whatever it is you have, I just assumed it was daddies money in your case, but never held it against you, so its kind of weird seeing you on someone elses case about it.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

difference is you can sell an old ford to recuperate some of the money back.. you cant sell your piss which is full of alcohol to get any money back.
By that comment i take it you dont drink smoke take drugs or have any form of hobby you WASTE money on, i know i do i waste thousands a year on drink and fancy clothes, holiday, meals out etc
Old 05-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Now that is a terrible generalisation to make.

Who's to say that they wont go on to fund raise for cancer charities and give all the money left to them to that cause?

Princes William and Harry do not go bombing around in ferraris and rund old ladies over do they? They've been gifted an easy life on a plate IMHO and they dont just sit back and take the easy road.

And what mother in their right mind would not want to make their childrens lives as easy as possible? If this means leaving them a pile of money in a trust fund or property to sell at a later date so be it
Old 05-02-2009, 03:16 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Exactly. She is my hero.

I dont see why people are being so hard on her.

If shes in a paper...turn the page if you dont wanna see her.

If shes on the tv...turn over if you dont wanna hear her.

Its not hard.

But when people are IMHO being plain bitchy about someone who is dying (famous, joe public, or whomever) then it does get my back up.

Who can blame the girl for wanting to squeeze every last moment out of life that she can before its gone? Its the public that made her a "celebrity" in the first place...so I dont see why we have the right to moan now.

(Queue someone saying they never watched big brother, or anything with Jade in, or ever read anything about her in a paper ever )
i never ever have watched big brother.. never really saw the point of watching someone else's life.. it just shows how fucking boring your own life must be. How is she squeezing every last moment out of life?? she should be spending time with her children at home not on tv shows etc yhep that shows a determined mother shes more trying to squeeze every last penny she can before she does one.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:19 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Chip
I always though you were one of those people yourself TBH, young lad with an rs500 or whatever it is you have, I just assumed it was daddies money in your case, but never held it against you, so its kind of weird seeing you on someone elses case about it.
yh seeing that you dont know im 20 and have my own company yh i could understand where you got that from. so yes i can get on other people back against it.

does it upset you that i earned my own money now and you have nothing left to say?
Old 05-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

i never ever have watched big brother.. never really saw the point of watching someone else's life.. it just shows how fucking boring your own life must be. How is she squeezing every last moment out of life?? she should be spending time with her children at home not on tv shows etc yhep that shows a determined mother shes more trying to squeeze every last penny she can before she does one.
For the record, she discharged herself from hospital to spend time at home with her kids, where she collapsed, and it was then found that the cancer had spread.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:22 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Now that is a terrible generalisation to make.

Who's to say that they wont go on to fund raise for cancer charities and give all the money left to them to that cause?

Princes William and Harry do not go bombing around in ferraris and rund old ladies over do they? They've been gifted an easy life on a plate IMHO and they dont just sit back and take the easy road.

And what mother in their right mind would not want to make their childrens lives as easy as possible? If this means leaving them a pile of money in a trust fund or property to sell at a later date so be it
they may well do and hopefully they will when there older. But whos to say they wont do what i said? the difference between the princes are they have to show good manners etc there from the royal family.. look at when harry got caught with weed and when he said this is my paki friend
Old 05-02-2009, 03:23 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

well good on her she wanted to spend time with her sons.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Chip

yh seeing that you dont know im 20 and have my own company yh i could understand where you got that from. so yes i can get on other people back against it.

does it upset you that i earned my own money now and you have nothing left to say?
Why on earth would it upset me?

Given that even a couple of years ago you were talking about your cossies on here, I personally am of the opinion that you have a company that you were handed on a plate by your parents in the first place.

I doubt you left school at 16 with nothing and made a fortune by 18 with no help from your parents.

Its possible of course, but relatively unlikely.

My parents have helped me out loads in the past, including financially, they entirely paid my way through uni more or less for example, so Id be a hypocrit to hold it against someone else.