General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

why can't we just get along eh?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 04:29 PM
l0ubie
keepin' it ol' skool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
My biggest personal crusade if you want to wander off at a tangent is the amount of damage people are doing to their mental health with drug abuse, thats the one I'll happily bang on about for hours

and with that i agree with you on that one! i fucking hate them!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cancer is caused by 2 things as far as im aware:

Your genetic disposition
Your lifestyle choices

1 of those you can do something about, 1 of those you cant, I think that talking about the 1 you can do something about and making people aware of the choices they are making.

This is the same with MOST medical conditions.

My biggest personal crusade if you want to wander off at a tangent is the amount of damage people are doing to their mental health with drug abuse, thats the one I'll happily bang on about for hours
I used to think you were a bit of a tit but the more i read your posts the more you seem to make sense and seem to think along the same lines of me with certian things.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:32 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

RSFORD, if it wasnt for that financial backing from your parents, then you might have needed to do like a lot of us have had to do and actually achieve something acedemically other than just dropping out of college and running to our parents for a bail out and a start in life, so surely you more than anyone can understand why she would want her kids to be in the same situation that even if they are a bit of a failure acedemically (seems likely with here genes, lol) that they can still be handed a nice lifestyle by her money?
while i understand the point you are making chip, the vast vast majority of indian parents have money set aside to make ilfe easier for their kids
the only difference is that they go out and do all manner of jobs in order to earn the money because indian parents really do understand the value of money

so, in a way, his parents have done exactly what jade seems to be doing now, storing money as an investment for her kids futures

the only difference is that most indian parents who emigrated from the villiages did so to make a better life for their kids and worked 17 hours a day so they could earn a decent wage

not that i'm knocking others who have done the same thing, i'm just telling it from my experiences of coming home from school aged 5 or 6 and having to wait till my folks came in at 6pm in order to get fed

i know realise what sacrifices my parents made and, as a parent myself, i have to decide weather to work as much as i can and earn the money to raise them up in a decent way or suffer financially and spend more time with them

of course, i could always choose to sponge off the dole but then i'd hate myself for being a skiver

it all boils down to making tough decisions in life, because if they wern't tough, they'd be easy to make
Old 05-02-2009, 04:32 PM
RSandy
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by l0ubie
maybe!
not to change the subject too wildly here, but you are portraying yourself throughout this thread, quite frankly, in a very condescending manner. i dont doubt you are uni educated in your chosen field of medical research, but i think its safe to say you can have an opinion on selfish financial gain without possessing a degree
Old 05-02-2009, 04:39 PM
l0ubie
keepin' it ol' skool

Originally Posted by RSandy
not to change the subject too wildly here, but you are portraying yourself throughout this thread, quite frankly, in a very condescending manner. i dont doubt you are uni educated in your chosen field of medical research, but i think its safe to say you can have an opinion on selfish financial gain without possessing a degree

i dont have a degree!
worked to where i am fair and square!

im not being patronising at all i just can see both sides and some times things dont need to elaborated upon!

im not talking about personal situations, i cant stand the girl! but i can see where she's coming from!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
I used to think you were a bit of a tit but the more i read your posts the more you seem to make sense and seem to think along the same lines of me with certian things.
Very easy to read things not how they are written or get the wrong impression with forums IMHO, hell at one point I used to think Tabetha actually had a clue what he was on about
Old 05-02-2009, 04:43 PM
RSandy

Originally Posted by l0ubie
i dont have a degree!
worked to where i am fair and square!

im not being patronising at all i just can see both sides and some times things dont need to elaborated upon!

im not talking about personal situations, i cant stand the girl! but i can see where she's coming from!
and i can fully understand u have a clear grasp on the disease in question, my knowledge is limited to i guess the more generic cancer cases, based on previous work within the medical radiation field, so i wudnt like to comment on the treatment and causes in this case

if im honest, i think the 1s to be ashamed of themselves in the situation are the press for stumping up the money in the 1st place, and jades managements for clearly brokering the deals, as it obvious shes in no fit state for business deals right now, not that she was before either
Old 05-02-2009, 04:44 PM
RSandy

Very easy to read things not how they are written or get the wrong impression with forums IMHO, hell at one point I used to think Tabetha actually had a clue what he was on about
dude, until recently i assumed with a name like that, tabetha was a bird!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

How long as she got to live? Maybe she should spend that time with her family. Rather than on every sodding magazine.

Bob Monkhouse was a twat too!

Cancer is an emotive subject. Everyone reading this knows someone that either had it or will get it. No one I believe is saying anybody deserves to get it. But IMHO just because someone has it doesn't mean I have to a) care or b) be lambasted for not caring or c) Give her a free pass and not question her motives.

This media washout by her, serves only one purpose. Her bank balance. If she sues the NHS then she's directly reducing funding to OTHER patients. Hardly the work of a good Samaritan. Her kids are set for life already, she's just cynically manipulating peoples feelings to try and restore her destroyed credibility. IMO if she posthumusly donates half her money to charity, it might help. But she won't.

I have NO doubt that when she dies, it will be just like the National outpouring when Diana died. And that will be tragic, as in the same day children around the world will die of cancer and in Iraq citizens will be killed by extremists and in South Africa people will die of Aids. But all BBC and Sky and ITN will care about is a z list wannabee.

On a related note, Cancer will NEVER be cured, there's too much money to be made...
Old 05-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ye it is easy to get the wrong impression when its just words with no facial expressions or tone of voice, i have this problem with sluts and text messages or maybe thats just cause there thick split arses that are only good for 1 thing BUMING lol
RSandy

Originally Posted by Rich_w

Cancer is an emotive subject. Everyone reading this knows someone that either had it or will get it. No one I believe is saying anybody deserves to get it. But IMHO just because someone has it doesn't mean I have to a) care or b) be lambasted for not caring or c) Give her a free pass and not question her motives.

This media washout by her, serves only one purpose. Her bank balance. If she sues the NHS then she's directly reducing funding to OTHER patients. Hardly the work of a good Samaritan. Her kids are set for life already, she's just cynically manipulating peoples feelings to try and restore her destroyed credibility. IMO if she posthumusly donates half her money to charity, it might help. But she won't.

I have NO doubt that when she dies, it will be just like the National outpouring when Diana died. And that will be tragic, as in the same day children around the world will die of cancer and in Iraq citizens will be killed by extremists and in South Africa people will die of Aids. But all BBC and Sky and ITN will care about is a z list wannabee.
exactly!!!
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Received 303 Likes on 197 Posts

where the fuck do people find the time to write threads like this? let alone read them lol
Old 05-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Chip

Ye it is easy to get the wrong impression when its just words with no facial expressions or tone of voice, i have this problem with sluts and text messages or maybe thats just cause there thick split arses that are only good for 1 thing BUMING lol
I think that classifying most women as only good for bumming is highly disrespectful towards them there is a lot more to women than that!

Many of them give good head too
Old 05-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ye but only after buming, ATM for the win
Old 05-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Originally Posted by Minirotty
where the fuck do people find the time to write threads like this? let alone read them lol
Snow day
Old 05-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Chip

Ye but only after buming, ATM for the win
Of course, that goes without saying
Old 05-02-2009, 05:25 PM
jammerrs
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well my gran didnt get any money when she died of cancer so why do her kids?

isnt society great?
Old 05-02-2009, 05:32 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

why cant we all just get along eh?
because that would make for a fooking boring discussion forum.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:36 PM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like you Dojj, BUT you do spout some utter shit which really irritates me, most of the time i dont reply to the pointless posts, but as im in an honest mood you got my attention lol
Old 05-02-2009, 06:09 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by SassyRS
I like you Dojj, BUT you do spout some utter shit which really irritates me, most of the time i dont reply to the pointless posts, but as im in an honest mood you got my attention lol
i never really take it personally some people say things differently to others and i'm very aware that a lot of people don't "get" me in a lot of posts

i don't mind a laugh and joke though, but i try very very hard not to confuse issues like it is so often very easy to do

it's only the internet and, if i wasn't at work, i'd be putting my feet up watching reruns of the royal rumble
Old 05-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Cant be arsed to read all the post. But this is to hypicrtical (sp). you go on posts winding people up aswell.

So whats differences, dont judge others until you are as white as white.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:45 PM
baker p
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Cancer is caused by 2 things as far as im aware:

Your genetic disposition
Your lifestyle choices

1 of those you can do something about, 1 of those you cant, I think that talking about the 1 you can do something about and making people aware of the choices they are making.

This is the same with MOST medical conditions.

Drugs are great
Old 05-02-2009, 07:47 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by baker p
Drugs are great
so is flying an areoplane, until they go wrong
Old 05-02-2009, 07:59 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

the drugs themselves are rarely the problem. its the person taking thems inability to control or moderate there use that causes the problems.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:08 PM
baker p
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by fuzzy
the drugs themselves are rarely the problem. its the person taking thems inability to control or moderate there use that causes the problems.
see your point but i see a bigger problem with alcohol.

I took recreational drugs for 10 years and dont regret any of it but yes it is bad and it is illegal and i wouldnt recomend it to anyone
Old 05-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by fuzzy
So as an example then, how you would suggest someone controls their use of cannabis with regards to making sure they dont end up bipolar or schiz or manic depressive?

The ONLY way I can think of, is not to use it, sure using it less is better than using it a lot, but still risky as fuck in terms of mental health IMHO
Old 05-02-2009, 08:37 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

if your taking drugs of any sort you know what its doing to you. if its having a detrimental effect or not. moderate your use as required.if your unable to control your use then you shouldnt be dabbling at all.
simple enough imo and with over 15 years experience im now having stopped using them no worse off mentally than before i was taking them.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:40 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

im getting pissed of about the "why does she get money blah blah" shit now!

i dont like the fat bitch but if shes getting money for something like advertising her illness to tabloids/womens braindead gossip mags that are willing to pay her why is that a problem? that money isn't coming from sympathetic media companies, its coming from cut throat media companies who will make more money than they paying her when they sell the stories!

same goes for sports people too. Football players dont get paid too much, its the fans money along with other sources that goes into football and players need to get paid, if they didnt pay the players all that money someone will still end up pocketing the cash, IT DOESNT JUST COME FROM NOWHERE, its like people assume they are paid by the government with tax money.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:54 PM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

So as an example then, how you would suggest someone controls their use of cannabis with regards to making sure they dont end up bipolar or schiz or manic depressive?

The ONLY way I can think of, is not to use it, sure using it less is better than using it a lot, but still risky as fuck in terms of mental health IMHO
FWIW this is what I think on the matter!!

A lot of addiction depends on the person themselves. I personally don't have an addictive personality, someone else might.

I don't wake up every day and need a fix of drugs or alcohol but I've experienced both. I've used both drugs and alcohol for recreational purposes but I don't feel the need to use them all day every day, it's a choice I had and I made the choice when I took them.

A brave and bold statement which is going to get me slated on here but it isn't a simple case of you have a joint and that's it your hooked for life. I've shared loads of J's at my mates house on a Saturday night but I've never felt bad because of it. If anything Scott says it chills me out
Old 05-02-2009, 09:48 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by cheeky dog
im getting pissed of about the "why does she get money blah blah" shit now!

i dont like the fat bitch but if shes getting money for something like advertising her illness to tabloids/womens braindead gossip mags that are willing to pay her why is that a problem? that money isn't coming from sympathetic media companies, its coming from cut throat media companies who will make more money than they paying her when they sell the stories!

same goes for sports people too. Football players dont get paid too much, its the fans money along with other sources that goes into football and players need to get paid, if they didnt pay the players all that money someone will still end up pocketing the cash, IT DOESNT JUST COME FROM NOWHERE, its like people assume they are paid by the government with tax money.
but her getting the money for her self is missing the point mate

the moral high ground is that this money, however much of it there is, would be better being pumped into the funding of cancer centres and research and stuff like that, as opposed to jade's bank accounts

that's what some people object to
Old 06-02-2009, 07:55 AM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

............have u "used" recreational drugs...????.......just because there's nothing worse than a person with no experience preaching at others..cheers Pete
Old 06-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by pete mcrash
............have u "used" recreational drugs...????.......just because there's nothing worse than a person with no experience preaching at others..cheers Pete
With the exception of alcohol, absolutely not.
The thing that there is nothing worse than though IMHO is people who think that using drugs in some way qualifies them to comment on the potential psychological effects of doing so despite knowing nothing about it.
It does nothing of the sort, in fact often quite often it does exactly the opposite, people end up more ignorant of the effects than before they started using drugs, as they dont notice the damage its done to them (after all trying to analyse your own brain is a difficult task if your brain is damaged in the first place) and so make ridiculous statements as a result a lot of the time.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:14 AM
dojj

i've never "used" drugs*
i've never "taken" drugs* either
but i know a lot of people who have and do, and it fucks them up in most cases because they either do too much and be stupid
or they get caught in posesion of it by plod
or the get caught in a random drug test at work and get sacked
it only seems to be the likes of jeremy kyle gameshow contestants that manange to both be hooked on the stuff AND be able to afford to purchase it in quantities large enough to get fucked up on in the first place, and then lament on the fact that they are the poorest of the poor who cannot afford to feed themselves or their 56 kids from the megre salary's they get paid from the state bank of decent working folks

on the flip side, those whith more money tnd to not get caught sniffing the old columbian marching powder as they don't do it outside in the streets, rather they indulge in their pastimes in their drinking establishments and private clubs or their own palacial homes

it's quite ironic don't you think?

*illegal drugs, not drinking and stuff
Old 06-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Chip

Dojj, people with a genetic disposition towards certain mental health issues can be triggered extremely quickly by drug use.
Cannabis is by far the most dangerous one IMHO, because its claimed its not addictive, and because it has no physical side effects people are often totally ignorant to what its doing to their mind.
And stopping the use after you have developed something like schiz doesnt help, once your mind is damaged by many of these conditions, its often irrepairable, much like if you damage your back carrying heavy objects for work, once its damaged you can suffer for life even if you have stopped doing that work.
Not all damage can be undone simply by stopping using.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:41 AM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

..........must say after watching people/pals for the last 15 years or so, cannabis in all it's various guises has deffo had the most/worst effect on people.....not all by no means but u/i can deffo tell when someone has lost the plot through smoke.......ps i know plenty people that work in "mental health" that are fucked up aswell......and i stand by the statement that unless u've taken drugs then u really dont know why people use them..........lol at people that think "drink" is OK
Old 06-02-2009, 10:27 AM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

I watched a programme on BBC2 the other night about Cannabis, it was very enlightening.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:32 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ballin
who gives a fuck what some numpty on a car forum thinks of you anyway!?
PMSL precisely!!!!!!
You could be sitting there wearing a dress for all I know.....
Old 06-02-2009, 10:47 AM
dojj

Dojj, people with a genetic disposition towards certain mental health issues can be triggered extremely quickly by drug use.
Cannabis is by far the most dangerous one IMHO, because its claimed its not addictive, and because it has no physical side effects people are often totally ignorant to what its doing to their mind.
And stopping the use after you have developed something like schiz doesnt help, once your mind is damaged by many of these conditions, its often irrepairable, much like if you damage your back carrying heavy objects for work, once its damaged you can suffer for life even if you have stopped doing that work.
Not all damage can be undone simply by stopping using.
what i find most confusing is that canabis, in whatever form it takes, is now regarded in the same way as a pint is by lots of people, they even have their own "brand" that they enjoy in whatever strength it comes in

even with it's reclassification as a class B it's still very widely available on most street corners by those who wish to purchase it and the police seem to be powerless to stop it's distribution

then the people in charge tell us that it's the scourge of the planet (drugs, not police) and we should do all we can to stop it, citing all sorts of ill effects it's useage can inflict upon a body, while not sorting out the problems where they can, it's rife in prisons and they are supposed to be secure places, so what hope have we of getting rid of it out in the open public?

it's the same with knife crime, even tough they say there is a "guidance" of there being a custodial sentance for anyone found in possesion, very few peole do get sent down, yet the papers crow about it being a minimum 5 year stretch for carrying a knife and 10 years for carrying a gun, if they made it 30 years for knives and 50 for guns you'd either clean the streets of those found in possesion by locking them up or peole would stop carrying

we become a nation of finger waggers when it comes to telling someone else what to do, yet we do nothing for fear of recriminations should something go wrong with a bit of paperwork
Old 06-02-2009, 12:08 PM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by dojj
what i find most confusing is that canabis, in whatever form it takes, is now regarded in the same way as a pint is by lots of people, they even have their own "brand" that they enjoy in whatever strength it comes in
Cannabis has been made legal in California state law for medicinal purposes. The Dr. in the programme I watched the other night went to California and they have shops where you can get Cannabis sodas, ice creams, cakes and even made up joints as long as your prescribed it by the Dr. you can purchase it in whatever form is available. Behind the counter they had loads of plastic tubs with different varietys of skunk.

The Californian Dr interviewed on the programme said that he would prescribe it for pain relief, anxiety, depression and as an anti inflamatory. He even said that if someone came in with writers block and was having creative difficulties he would prescribe it for them too.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

She must genuinely be an inspiration to fat thick ugly birds everywhere
i fuckin love chip