General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

why can't we just get along eh?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 03:32 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Why on earth would it upset me?

Given that even a couple of years ago you were talking about your cossies on here, I personally am of the opinion that you have a company that you were handed on a plate by your parents in the first place.

I doubt you left school at 16 with nothing and made a fortune by 18 with no help from your parents.

Its possible of course, but relatively unlikely.

My parents have helped me out loads in the past, including financially, they entirely paid my way through uni more or less for example, so Id be a hypocrit to hold it against someone else.
no i was not handed a company at all chip. I had to decide what i wanted to do, etc..

coming from a very business minded family my parents wanted to see my research and business strategies before anything went ahead, so yes from the age of 16 i decided what i wanted to do and what i wanted my company to achieve, i went to college and then droped out as i wanted my company set up. so it got set up and this is where i am today, yes financial back up from my parents to start, but now im out of debt and enjoying the profits which my company has made, thus leading me to buy 2 mint cars, a couple development houses, and allowing me to live a good lifestyle.

Last edited by R5FORD; 05-02-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:32 PM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She took a gamble with her health, and it didnt pay off, only herself to blame of course
I don't get ya Chip, how did she bring it on herself and take a gamble with her health and only have herself to blame?
Old 05-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

think he means by missing smear tests and leaving it so long - she took a gamble. could have been different if she got in earlier and diagnosed.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:34 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

you see, this is a discussion about stuff, like it should be

well done everyone

as for jade, think bak and remember the winner of the original big brother, craig the carpenter, he went in with the one thing he cared about doing with the winnings should he win, giving it to theyoung girl who needed to raise a few hundred grand to have an operation
he won it, the publiclity he generated, at the time, was huge, and she got the money she needed
he went on and did a few telly shows but he was always down to earth and i never saw any reports of him being an idiot

scroll forward 10 years and what has been the lasting experience you've thought of the first instance youthink about big brother?
it's about hwo peole go on the show to become famous becuase they are outlandish (no offence jb, if you get on i will be chuffed that you have broken the sterotypical bb wannabe) and have something they want to be famous for, not just being on the show with the chance to win loads of money

which, if you think about it, isn't really that much money nowadays

should we just look at reality programs to provide us with our next batch of "talent" or should we be activily looking for peole who have talent and then get spotted?

i think our priorities are the wrong way round in the sense that we big people up and then knock them down whenever they make the slightest mistake bceause the media is now all consuming and we are told what we need to believe, be it in the form of governemtn comunications or by reading the sun or looking at the internet, everyone wants our money
Old 05-02-2009, 03:38 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its just the law of averages. Put 200 people in a room and your bound to get a few nobbers that like to cause trouble and arguments, and that goes for everything in life.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Daveyboy
think he means by missing smear tests and leaving it so long - she took a gamble. could have been different if she got in earlier and diagnosed.
Indeed, plus lifestyle choices which are known to increase the likelyhood of health problems.

Like myself, my diet isnt healthy enough, and if I end up with cancer or some other illness partly as a result of all the coke / sweets / fatty crap that I eat, I will be aware that I could have done something about it and didnt.
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

Women aren't offered smear testing till they are 25, thats when they become eligable for routine testing.

Same thing happened to a girl in our area..... http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/F...tim.4569223.jp

Taken from the article..... Claire was diagnosed with cervical cancer when she was 21 – four years before she was eligible for a smear test which would have picked up her symptoms at an early stage.

Don't think his post came across like that to me TBH, but thats just my opinion.
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Show me exactly where is says she had missed smear tests?

IIRC she had been for cancer tests (maybe not cervical) in 2004 and 2006 and both times was given the all clear.

it took until 2008 and a third visit to hospital for them to spot cervical cancer which was obviously in advanced stages given what has happened since.
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by S1rst
Its just the law of averages. Put 200 people in a room and your bound to get a few nobbers that like to cause trouble and arguments, and that goes for everything in life.
agreed. Even after all this crap on these threads i dont have anything against anyone. Peoples opinions vary on everything in life.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:41 PM
GribbiN
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Old 05-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Chip

RSFORD, if it wasnt for that financial backing from your parents, then you might have needed to do like a lot of us have had to do and actually achieve something acedemically other than just dropping out of college and running to our parents for a bail out and a start in life, so surely you more than anyone can understand why she would want her kids to be in the same situation that even if they are a bit of a failure acedemically (seems likely with here genes, lol) that they can still be handed a nice lifestyle by her money?
Old 05-02-2009, 03:43 PM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

Indeed, plus lifestyle choices which are known to increase the likelyhood of health problems.
So what lifestyle choices are known to increase the likelihood of cervical cancer?
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Originally Posted by **Claire**
Women aren't offered smear testing till they are 25, thats when they become eligable for routine testing.

Same thing happened to a girl in our area..... http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/F...tim.4569223.jp

Taken from the article..... Claire was diagnosed with cervical cancer when she was 21 – four years before she was eligible for a smear test which would have picked up her symptoms at an early stage.

Don't think his post came across like that to me TBH, but thats just my opinion.
Same here Claire, a girl I know was 21 when she was diagnosed with cervical cancer...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1581745.ece
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Punkie

IIRC she had been for cancer tests (maybe not cervical) in 2004 and 2006 and both times was given the all clear.

it took until 2008 and a third visit to hospital for them to spot cervical cancer which was obviously in advanced stages given what has happened since.

Hey, i havent read all the info on whats going on in jades life - someone needed clarification on what Chip meant - i was giving that Clarification - if you want proof of anything, ask someone else - i was just clarifying someones point! HTH
Old 05-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Chip

My post was more reference to her weight / drinking etc than of her medical history about which I can only make assumptions.

Im sure lots of women dont rush straight out and have a smear test at 25 when they are first eligible to do so for free (although with her money she could have paid for one sooner of course)
Old 05-02-2009, 03:45 PM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

Exactly!!

See this is what happens when ppl start discussing something about someone when they don't know all the facts
Old 05-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Hey, i havent read all the info on whats going on in jades life - someone needed clarification on what Chip meant - i was giving that Clarification - if you want proof of anything, ask someone else - i was just clarifying someones point! HTH

I think that this can only be a GOOD thing discussing things because it increases awareness, which, is another thing Jade is doing by being in the public eye.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Exactly!!

See this is what happens when ppl start discussing something about someone when they don't know all the facts
fucking hell - last time i try and offer some help.....

mardy fookers
Old 05-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Chip

So what lifestyle choices are known to increase the likelihood of cervical cancer?
Pumping your body full of fatty rubbish and clogging up your lymph system increases all cancer risks as far as im aware, as do chemicals in the junk food she was openly a fan of.

I know very little about the specifics of cervical cancer explicitly though, she was taking health risks in general though, it was highly unlikely she was going to live to a ripe old age with the continual cycle of crap food and crash diets etc, but at the same time, 27 is a seriously bad deal whatever she did, and as I said originally, largely due im sure to a genetic disposition about which she could do nothing.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:49 PM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

fucking hell - last time i try and offer some help.....

mardy fookers
lol, wasn't being mardy sorry if it came across that way
Old 05-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no worries - ya mardy fooker
Old 05-02-2009, 03:51 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

RSFORD, if it wasnt for that financial backing from your parents, then you might have needed to do like a lot of us have had to do and actually achieve something acedemically other than just dropping out of college and running to our parents for a bail out and a start in life, so surely you more than anyone can understand why she would want her kids to be in the same situation that even if they are a bit of a failure acedemically (seems likely with here genes, lol) that they can still be handed a nice lifestyle by her money?
chip the names aaron

yh i think its actully a good idea she is gathering money now.. there going to need all the help they can get

put it like that chip it makes more sense. My life was not as simple as running to my parents, from the age of 12 i worked in our factory on weekend s and after school to make some cash, the only reason i had the financial backing was because i had a idea that i knew would generate money now. and i had to prove that to my parents. so it was not as easy as leaving school and getting a handouts as your making it out to be.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:55 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

lol at chip...........so cos ur a bit fat then if u get ball cancer thats ok.........................
Old 05-02-2009, 03:55 PM
l0ubie
keepin' it ol' skool

as with everything, people discussing things they know barely anything about!

girls, one of my mates sisters had it too, she passed away a few years ago now! and she was 19!!!
working with the type of people i do makes me realise how lucky we are.
i dunno bout you but because of amy, i go to the clinic to get checked out anyway!
rather be safer than sorry!

Its crazy really because wasnt bob monkhouses face plastered all over the papaers for prostate cancer!!

one rule for one, one rule for another!!
Old 05-02-2009, 03:57 PM
RSandy
Advanced PassionFord User

you know what else increases awareness? taking the money the press are throwing at jade, giving that to the various charities, and letting them research and carry out ad campaigns etc, which ultimately benefits more sufferers, and the subsequent children of said sufferers, not just a tiny tiny minority of the goody household

i did think at 1 point she was doing it for awareness, but when she spouts that shes doing it purely for financial backing for her children when she already will have finances and assets (the various chains of salons she publically started up and runs), i suddenly think maybe the interview monies could be dontated to help other families merely survive, and not help 2 kids never work a day in their lives

just my opinion of course, and clearly im not digging at her for havin cancer, questioning the NHS screening system etc, im just questioning the morals of the woman in question and the press
Old 05-02-2009, 03:58 PM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

no worries - ya mardy fooker
Watch it you
Old 05-02-2009, 03:59 PM
RSandy

Originally Posted by l0ubie
Its crazy really because wasnt bob monkhouses face plastered all over the papaers for prostate cancer!!

his face was used to front an ad campaign to raise awareness and gain funds FOR THE CHARITY
Old 05-02-2009, 04:00 PM
l0ubie
keepin' it ol' skool

Pumping your body full of fatty rubbish and clogging up your lymph system increases all cancer risks as far as im aware, as do chemicals in the junk food she was openly a fan of.

I know very little about the specifics of cervical cancer explicitly though, she was taking health risks in general though, it was highly unlikely she was going to live to a ripe old age with the continual cycle of crap food and crash diets etc, but at the same time, 27 is a seriously bad deal whatever she did, and as I said originally, largely due im sure to a genetic disposition about which she could do nothing.

wow chip where did you get yur medical degree from!!!!!!! cause i realy must avoid there!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3130008.stm

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/cervi...r/page2_em.htm

Old 05-02-2009, 04:01 PM
l0ubie
keepin' it ol' skool

Originally Posted by RSandy
his face was used to front an ad campaign to raise awareness and gain funds FOR THE CHARITY

and she's raising awareness isnt she?!?!!?
Old 05-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

Dojj, mate, I like you...BUT....if you start a thread with a title of "She may be a moron..." when youre talking about someone who is dying...then it is going to get peoples backs up.

BUT she is moron with or without the big C. doesnt mean that shes now someone different cause she has it. i knew someone that had it he was a thick cunt and proper arsehole... but didnt mean im gonna say he's a nice bloke cause he's got it my view stays the same of that person.

Jade is a thick cunt and has always milked the public image be it her or agent thats made it like that.

simple thing is yes shes got cancer, its not good and i hope she doesnt die from it..... but shes still a moron
Old 05-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

yes after he died.... and it raised/es money for awareness charity and all that jazz. not for personal gain
Old 05-02-2009, 04:05 PM
RSandy

and she's raising awareness isnt she?!?!!?
no, she openly admitted shes gaining money for her bank account

raising awareness is now just a by product of said financial gains

this is the issue, you have all got sidetracked and think we all gettin the boot in to a cancer patient, i for 1 am very much for gaining awareness, but whats the point if the funds dont ever get to the people that truly need them? u clearly work in the medical profession, what would be a better result from all of this, lots of people turning up and regretably a percentage have a disease that isnt treatable at present, or ltos of people turning up, and they are offered lots of new treatments, paid for by charity?
Old 05-02-2009, 04:07 PM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

you know what else increases awareness? taking the money the press are throwing at jade, giving that to the various charities, and letting them research and carry out ad campaigns etc, which ultimately benefits more sufferers, and the subsequent children of said sufferers, not just a tiny tiny minority of the goody household

i did think at 1 point she was doing it for awareness, but when she spouts that shes doing it purely for financial backing for her children when she already will have finances and assets (the various chains of salons she publically started up and runs), i suddenly think maybe the interview monies could be dontated to help other families merely survive, and not help 2 kids never work a day in their lives

just my opinion of course, and clearly im not digging at her for havin cancer, questioning the NHS screening system etc, im just questioning the morals of the woman in question and the press
Ever heard of a phrase 'Charity begins at home'?? Rightly or wrongly she is doing this (in her words) to ensure her children are financially secure after she is gone.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:11 PM
l0ubie
keepin' it ol' skool

u clearly work in the medical profession, what would be a better result from all of this, lots of people turning up and regretably a percentage have a disease that isnt treatable at present,
i work for medical research that is what is happening!! i could bore you with the details but i cant and wont!

but that happens! until a drug is a substancial age after development and been researched they will not give it openly for treatment.
and MOST gynae cancer isnt cureable, and MOST women die!!
HENCE why it is vital to catch it early on!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:12 PM
RSandy

Ever heard of a phrase 'Charity begins at home'?? Rightly or wrongly she is doing this (in her words) to ensure her children are financially secure after she is gone.
it would be naive to ever believe she hasnt already set up her kids for life, she has made wedge, must have a clever manager helping her with finances for her to invest in assets such as her chain of salons, her kids r more set than most kids in the same situation. this just means they get an extra BMW each.

let the less fortunate have some hope, i have the utmost respect for families who deal with these situations without the need to sponge. several parts of my family have coped, and none of us sold our soul to the devil
Old 05-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Chip

wow chip where did you get yur medical degree from!!!!!!! cause i realy must avoid there!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3130008.stm

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/cervi...r/page2_em.htm

So you dont think that lifestyle choices in ANY way effect your chances of getting a sexually transmitted disease then?
I was not just talking about her diet, but her lifestyle choices in general, diet was just one example of where those choices were putting her health at risk, not just of this specific illness, but in general.

If you believe that she led a perfectly healthy model lifestyle that didnt increase her chances of getting serious illness or disease, thats up to you, but I do not share that opinion, she put herself at risk in loads of ways clearly, as do most of us.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:15 PM
RSandy

i work for medical research that is what is happening!! i could bore you with the details but i cant and wont!

but that happens! until a drug is a substancial age after development and been researched they will not give it openly for treatment.
and MOST gynae cancer isnt cureable, and MOST women die!!
HENCE why it is vital to catch it early on!
end of the day, even the screening process costs money, and clearly if the government cant start screening until the age of 25, theres a funding issue here, they not openly going to let young women die

money in jades account buys 2 kids that are already financially set an extra few pairs of trainers and some flash motors, same money givien to charity could easily add up to starting this screening process earlier, potentially saving a lot of lives

maybe my common sense is jaded (no pun intended) by a differece of opinion on the matter
Old 05-02-2009, 04:19 PM
l0ubie
keepin' it ol' skool

no what im saying is, you shouldnt say things like that until you atleast know the factors, yes sexual activity is a lifestyle choice, but i dont know many people that dont have sex! do you?!

HPV is described as the silent killer, as most times, i believe 8/10 you dont know you have it! it may cause genital warts etc but does not give many symptoms!

what im saying is, most young women have sexual relations, whether serious or not, yes that is there choice but it is something i certainly hadnt heard about until i worked where i do! and i think you are sending out the wrong message that cancer, whether it be cancer ingeneral or just gynae cancer, is caused by the food you eat and the lack of excercise and who you sleep with!

well thats what i read it as!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:20 PM
l0ubie
keepin' it ol' skool

end of the day, even the screening process costs money, and clearly if the government cant start screening until the age of 25, theres a funding issue here, they not openly going to let young women die

money in jades account buys 2 kids that are already financially set an extra few pairs of trainers and some flash motors, same money givien to charity could easily add up to starting this screening process earlier, potentially saving a lot of lives

maybe my common sense is jaded (no pun intended) by a differece of opinion on the matter

maybe!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Chip

Cancer is caused by 2 things as far as im aware:

Your genetic disposition
Your lifestyle choices

1 of those you can do something about, 1 of those you cant, I think that talking about the 1 you can do something about and making people aware of the choices they are making.

This is the same with MOST medical conditions.

My biggest personal crusade if you want to wander off at a tangent is the amount of damage people are doing to their mental health with drug abuse, thats the one I'll happily bang on about for hours