General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

My life - advice ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 01:40 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

If you have a genuinely good chance of getting your degree stay in uni, the letters after your name will not do you any harm, im glad I bothered to get mine.

If you are going to fail anyway though, you may as well just leave now
Old 03-01-2009, 02:42 AM
SteveH
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Concise chip, but wise and to the point!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:54 AM
badnews
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

you are a mardy lil fecker and should have smashed this dickhead as soon as this started insted of being a poof, stand on your own two feet for fooks sake. i did not get the chance of a uni education so that makes me ordinary and boring. get off your sad arse and sort it out you are 19 years old 19k is fook all in the grand scale of life get a grip or get a job. i know what it's like to pay for uni i paid for my mrs as she went later in life, i worked every day of the week doing jobs you would not touch as it was hard work long hours in all weathers but i did this to make a better life for us. so for self pitty you have come to the wrong place most on here have worked hard for what they have and are proud people for acheeveing there dreams and goals through hard work. rant over get a grip
Old 03-01-2009, 03:24 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mk1escoz4x4
im just not a fan of grasses i dont really care if he goes and swaps spit with him in the showers
You have got to be the biggest wanna-be gangster i've ever heard.
******, end of.

You have jumped on every thread the last couple of day's about grassing or as other civilised people call it doing the right thing!
Dont do grasses!, someone have a word!

Your about 15 yeah?
*******!

**edited by the web team **

Last edited by Turbosystems; 03-01-2009 at 06:15 AM. Reason: abusive content
Old 03-01-2009, 10:13 AM
twoblacklines
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by saff_cossie
One of the beautiful things about uni is being able to make a fresh start. You are not hanging out with people you grew up with who may have grudges etc but are mixing with (in theory not always practice) educated people or at least people who want to be educated.

The first year normally weeds the idiots out who are there for a free ride or because mummy and daddy are paying their way.

The mistake was telling your supposed mate about your past, you should have focussed on the future and the new life you had started.

The facebook thing sounds ridiculous, is there more to it such as personally threatening him? If you did that well in the first year, I cant see them suspending you for one message on facebook?

I was in a group at uni for one subject with 3 idiots, they were the only 3 left as our class was divisible by 4 and as I had travelled to Oz and returned a week later for my second year, I was left with these 3 (I knew from the first year they weren't interested in being at uni to work). So to avoid all 4 of us failing the subject, I did the coursework and offered it them to review a couple of days before deadline. They all declined as I had 70% + on most assignments in year 1. Unfortunately I fucked this one up by missing the point and going too technical with it and we failed the coursework element. All 3 of them grassed on me to the program leader who called me in and asked for my side. Once I explained, he said "I thought as much" and sure enough only 1 out of the 3 finished the course.

My point is, if they know you as a hard worker and an achiever, why suspend you. The guys that were suspended on my course didnt turn up to lectures, had worryingly similar coursework to other students and were always the ones asking for extensions.

Definately stay at uni, a degree is needed in this day and age to progress highly in IT unless you know someone in the business.
I know now i shouldnt have told him, this is where all the problems stem from, I misjudged the guy as I thought he was trustworthy. He told me alot too, how he was abused by his dad etc, and i still havent told anyone because its just not what you do. (no one in our class goes on here btw, so they wont see this).

it all sounds like a lovers tiff to me and twoblacklines wants to be the only gay on the campus!!!!
Grow up.

Originally Posted by PhilM
Change Unis, enrol on another similar course, talk to admissions you may find your Year 1 can count so you go in as a 2nd year.....worth looking into I reckon mate
Good advice mate, problem is I dont have enough points (ucas) as they have raised them since i went there.

Originally Posted by Ginge !
he tried that,, but hes being kicked out of uni,, aint you read the thread ?

my advice is sort out the issues with you gay friend,, i got a gay mate,, im the LAST person who should have a gay mate but i have,,,, hes a tart ill admit and others who i know ARE against it and hate me talking about him,,,, but hes a straight up bloke (well not that straight pmsl) but i couldnt give a fuck

i also used to work witn a transexual pre opp !!!, it dont bother me at all and i couldnt give a fuck what others thought,,, theres a good chance one of the ones making fun is also gay and cant deal with it anyway

my REAL advice is fix up and sort the issue,, its that simple

PS: the way i act sometimes people think iim gay,, aint taking the piss either but i am VERY comfortable about my sexuality but can go WAY too far with things,,, at work theres a guy who thinks im gay due to me knowing a gay mate and owning pink shirts, tounge piercing and my "humour"

dont bother me though,, infact i carry on in a camp way and when he had nowhere to site i said " come here sweet cheeks,sit on daddys lap"

dont bother me, maybe you should be a little more laied back
The fact he may or may not be gay doesnt bother me, i have some friends who are gay and i still like them, just so long as they dont make a move on me

you cant go to uni because your gay friend called you names etc, you cant go and get a normal job because thats work for "nobodys" and you dont sound like your equipped to deal with life in general so why dont you just go home and sponge off of your parents for the rest of your life!
again, grow up.

personally i think you need to grow up,, cant belive there are such imature people allowed in uni,, thought us morons had to get jobs

as for being a nobody,, uni dont mean you get a great job in anyway shape or form, YOU are what makes you get paied well, and someone whos fucked up 2 years of uni over something so stupid as peer presure and worrying about someones sexuality,, sorry but look back and take responcability of your life

as said a rude awakaning is comming

im a fool who never went uni but managed to sort a comfortable life,, though i was working at a till today pmsl
Fair enough, maybe I do need to grow up!!

Originally Posted by Andy_R
Is thre more to the story than just the Facebook incident as 2 months back would be October/November time????
I hadnt been going to uni because of this guy and the pressure i get in class with everyone asking about my past because of what he had been saying. Then i got suspended and then we hit xmas holidays so i just think of it all as one big holiday. So i sent the msg whilst at uni, (but at home).

Originally Posted by 89xr2
Have you admitted any of the face book abuse? If not do as benni says, get one of your mates to write a letter saying they sent the messages on facebook as a joke as you left yourself logged on when at a mates or your brothers etc. Benni's idea isnt as stupid as it sounds, end of the day they cant do anything to someone else for sending abusive messages on face book. Go to the highest person in the uni with your case. Don't give in though as thats just what he wants you to do.
I admitted to it as it was the honest, just thing to do.

I did complain about the guy and they had a chat with Andy (the lecturer, marks best friend) and came back and told me and i quote "we dont care what Marks done we only care what you have done".

Originally Posted by blueskies85
In my opinion, university is for people that want the protection of school for a few more years longer and just want to hide there heads from the world!
No. Howcome 99% of people at uni work part time then ? And have to sort somewhere to live!?
Old 03-01-2009, 10:17 AM
twoblacklines

Originally Posted by Chip
If you have a genuinely good chance of getting your degree stay in uni, the letters after your name will not do you any harm, im glad I bothered to get mine.

If you are going to fail anyway though, you may as well just leave now
Ah, I wont fail, but thats another thing that I have to take up with them after this blows over if im not kicked out.

Basically as i said, some staff left due to redundancy and our other 2 IT lecturers (Andy, and another guy called Tim) got Delegated to Media, as the guy who runs Media also got made Program Leader for IT. Hence why all our modules have now changed to media ones and it seems we will finish with a bA in Media Studies. So they have broken their contract, but they have done it so that we dont know what is going to happen untill it is too late to sue them.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:18 AM
blueskies85
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

mate your post is pissing a lot of people off on here... just get a grip on reality, stop bitching about people and post questions about your life somewhere else... I mean a Ford forum where most people have worked there whole life to put bread on the table aint the place to do it... I know you like the gossip and all that shit but not here please!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:28 AM
swebber23
PassionFord Regular

Is this at Marjons?

http://www.plymouthcab.org.uk/

Just go and see what they say.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

alot of people in uni DONT wannahave a job, uni is hard as its alot of self motivation,, but its not harder than working,, working PART TIME aint the same as working full time, i never understand how people in uni working part time need to take time off work, i used to work at halfords with students and they had more time off that the full time staff, and they worked 4 hours a day and one saturday OR sunday

theres a reasonn why people say uni was one of the best times of there life,, its cause they could do what they wanted

ps: i paied for my missus to go uni aswell, she worked managed to run a household, look after a 1 year old child AND still do her coursework and pass the course, some times she had to rush the work at the end by doing overnight work ect to catch up,, but her mates lived at home or in halls,, no family and always out on the piss enjoying there lives or taking time off for the sniffles ect

BUT you are young,so allowed to make mistakes, its how you go forward that will help your future

good luck in what you decide
Old 03-01-2009, 10:33 AM
twoblacklines

Originally Posted by blueskies85
mate your post is pissing a lot of people off on here... just get a grip on reality, stop bitching about people and post questions about your life somewhere else... I mean a Ford forum where most people have worked there whole life to put bread on the table aint the place to do it... I know you like the gossip and all that shit but not here please!
I posted it here as its so diverse, you have people who have been to uni on Ł100k and people who work in factories on Ł6.50 an hour. If you dont like my post just dont read it!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:34 AM
philpy-si
Regular Contributor

This all sounds a bit gay to me,
Sounds like you were bumming this Mark, but now he's hanging out the back of this Andy guy and you dont like it?
Old 03-01-2009, 10:35 AM
twoblacklines

Originally Posted by swebber23
Is this at Marjons?

http://www.plymouthcab.org.uk/

Just go and see what they say.
yup

alot of people in uni DONT wannahave a job, uni is hard as its alot of self motivation,, but its not harder than working,, working PART TIME aint the same as working full time, i never understand how people in uni working part time need to take time off work, i used to work at halfords with students and they had more time off that the full time staff, and they worked 4 hours a day and one saturday OR sunday

theres a reasonn why people say uni was one of the best times of there life,, its cause they could do what they wanted

ps: i paied for my missus to go uni aswell, she worked managed to run a household, look after a 1 year old child AND still do her coursework and pass the course, some times she had to rush the work at the end by doing overnight work ect to catch up,, but her mates lived at home or in halls,, no family and always out on the piss enjoying there lives or taking time off for the sniffles ect

BUT you are young,so allowed to make mistakes, its how you go forward that will help your future

good luck in what you decide
Thanks dude!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:36 AM
SteveH
BANNED
BANNED

Any more snidey remarks or arguing and I'll remove this thread. Keep it on topic, and if you dont have anything useful to say, dont say it.

Steve

Last edited by SteveH; 03-01-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:52 AM
swebber23
PassionFord Regular

Have they given you a fixed length of time you are excluded for or is it a case of until further notice?

Might be worth going to seek legal advice as you would probably receive legal aid. You can find out by looking on this site http://www.communitylegaladvice.org....calculator.jsp

At the end of the day what he done to you was bullying. What is Marjons policy on this?

Might be worth getting down to your doctors if it is worrying you, also explain the situation to them and they will be able to offer you help, they might put you in touch with someone you can talk to.

If not how about suggesting that you will apologise to the other bloke at an arranged meeting including other tutors? you don't have to mean it but it may sort the situation out by letting him think he has got the better of you. At the end of the day it is your education
Old 03-01-2009, 11:02 AM
twoblacklines

Have they given you a fixed length of time you are excluded for or is it a case of until further notice?

Might be worth going to seek legal advice as you would probably receive legal aid. You can find out by looking on this site http://www.communitylegaladvice.org....calculator.jsp

At the end of the day what he done to you was bullying. What is Marjons policy on this?

Might be worth getting down to your doctors if it is worrying you, also explain the situation to them and they will be able to offer you help, they might put you in touch with someone you can talk to.

If not how about suggesting that you will apologise to the other bloke at an arranged meeting including other tutors? you don't have to mean it but it may sort the situation out by letting him think he has got the better of you. At the end of the day it is your education
When i told them why I sent the message they told me they didnt care about what hes been upto all they care about is me calling him a cunt.

I had 2 other students in with me on my side saying the same things as me and they said the same to them too.

A lawyer is definetly the way to go if they kick me out though, and also if they dont honor our contracts. My mum works there so i think they might be making an example out of me, never can be too sure though.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:06 AM
swebber23
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by twoblacklines
My mum works there so i think they might be making an example out of me, never can be too sure though.
Possible discrimination there.

Go to Citizens advice bureau, they can give you a list of solictors who will deal with it and also help you claim legal aid? I would get onto it before they get rid of you. Either way though it looks like you would have to repeat the year unless you can get extenuating circumstances

How did you get 19k of debt? Since your mum works there i guess you must live locally?

Last edited by swebber23; 03-01-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:08 AM
twoblacklines

30 miles away, so 60 mile trip each day for both of us

As for the suspension, im suspended untill further notice. Because mark told them that hes scared shitless of me and wont come in untill im gone. But then i got suspended and hes still not attending LOL
Old 03-01-2009, 11:09 AM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
You have got to be the biggest wanna-be gangster i've ever heard.
******, end of.

You have jumped on every thread the last couple of day's about grassing or as other civilised people call it doing the right thing!
Dont do grasses!, someone have a word!

Your about 15 yeah?
*******!

**edited by the web team **
if you call ringing the police doing the right thing then we obviously live in two very different worlds you ******g ****k
Old 03-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by SteveH
Any more snidey remarks or arguing and I'll remove this thread. Keep it on topic, and if you dont have anything useful to say, dont say it.

Steve
tbh i think even the snidey remarks are usefull for this chap, he IS gonna get a rude awakening should he have to leave uni and get a job and need to prove hes worth to get by rather than a few letters after hes name

PERSONALLY i find it hard to get along with guys i work with, i dont like lazy pisstaking people,,, i HATE people who dont help others out or attitudes, some of the stupid stuff ive done in jobs HAS affected me, im close to being sacked from work for my lack of tact in dealing with people,,,, i only keep my job as im very good at it and my temper is always work related rather than personal,, even though its wrong

if you cant get along with people in uni you may end up like me,, either fighting all the time or leaving and working for loads of companys,, i leave most jobs within 2 to 3 years and only the last 2 have been on good terms
Old 03-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

btw i agree about the 19k worth of debt,, i manged to get my missus through uni just over 12k,, and that including childcare fees aswell !!!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:14 AM
swebber23
PassionFord Regular

30 miles away, so 60 mile trip each day for both of us

As for the suspension, im suspended untill further notice. Because mark told them that hes scared shitless of me and wont come in untill im gone. But then i got suspended and hes still not attending LOL
Who was incharge of making the decision of suspending you? does it go through a board? are you able to appeal?

I would be demanding the fee's back for the percentage of the year you haven't been in attendance.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:14 AM
twoblacklines

if you call ringing the police doing the right thing then we obviously live in two very different worlds you ******g ****k
Can you stop ruining my thread please, i dont need it deleted just because your being a dickhead. thanks
Old 03-01-2009, 11:16 AM
swebber23
PassionFord Regular

btw i agree about the 19k worth of debt,, i manged to get my missus through uni just over 12k,, and that including childcare fees aswell !!!
I managed it with 2.5k debt when i left. I was working part time aswell with no financial aid.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:17 AM
twoblacklines

Who was incharge of making the decision of suspending you? does it go through a board? are you able to appeal?

I would be demanding the fee's back for the percentage of the year you haven't been in attendance.
Its supposed to go through a board but the acting dean keeps making me sit infront of her and explain myself, i really feel shes on a powertrip with the way she words things...

I can appeal though when she finally makes a decision!!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:17 AM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Can you stop ruining my thread please, i dont need it deleted just because your being a dickhead. thanks
you asked for advice
Old 03-01-2009, 11:27 AM
swebber23
PassionFord Regular

Its supposed to go through a board but the acting dean keeps making me sit infront of her and explain myself, i really feel shes on a powertrip with the way she words things...

I can appeal though when she finally makes a decision!!
Do they class it as personal misconduct?

Ask to speak to The Head of Student Support as they will deal with this.

Here is the student handbook for anyone wanting to take a look

http://www.marjon.ac.uk/aboutmarjon/...%202008-09.pdf

They need to provide evidence apparently and you get to see this before the hearing. TBH i don't think "he called me a cunt on a website" would be sufficeint

Last edited by swebber23; 03-01-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:28 PM
AGAR-COSWORTH
Redumbdancy

I think from the outset your issue has been handled by the university and yourself completely the wrong way.

I am very surprised by the way your university has chosen to deal with the issue, but in fairness they clearly must think they have reasonable cause to exclude you, whether their judgement is correct or not. If possible I would try to appeal the Dean's decision by going to someone above that rank, or even outside of the university - eg external board of examiners. However before doing this, I would make sure you have ALL your facts straight, and evidence of them all.

If this harrasment case is apparently true, then why have the university chosen to deal with it, why not the police?

You also mentioned that this guy you apparently harrased is freinds with one of the lecturers who has chosen to suspend you; once again I am surprised that your university has chosen for someone, who has shown bias, to resolve the matter.

In my own experiences at uni here in Glasgow, I've had a mate spend a night in the cells, and he was not suspended or penalised by the university for this.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think you should find mark and smash his back door in.

Remember you're only gay if you're takin it
Old 03-01-2009, 03:41 PM
geoffxr4

We're def not getting the whole story here, the university wont care who called who a cunt. It's totally ridiculous.

What else have you done for this guy to be terrified of you?

Ask for all your money back if they kick you out
Old 03-01-2009, 04:20 PM
twoblacklines

I aint done nothing to him............yet!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:25 PM
swebber23
PassionFord Regular

I aint done nothing to him............yet!
Whats his last name? does he live local?
Old 03-01-2009, 07:12 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

i cant be bothered to read through all the pages of he said she said shit but the jist of it seems to be you got suspended for 2 months from uni for calling someone a cunt via the internet? if thats the sum of it id say your talking shite, theres more to it than that.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:46 PM
geoffxr4

Originally Posted by fuzzy
i cant be bothered to read through all the pages of he said she said shit but the jist of it seems to be you got suspended for 2 months from uni for calling someone a cunt via the internet? if thats the sum of it id say your talking shite, theres more to it than that.
Excellent summary i'd say
Old 04-01-2009, 10:21 AM
twoblacklines

Whats his last name? does he live local?
I cant say for obvious reasons.

Originally Posted by fuzzy
Then you dont know Marjon's very well do you.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:37 AM
swebber23
PassionFord Regular

I cant say for obvious reasons.
Pm me then, just wondered if i might know him or someone i know might