General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

My life - advice ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 09:51 PM
blueskies85
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion, university is for people that want the protection of school for a few more years longer and just want to hide there heads from the world!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:52 PM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

i would also agree that some sort of windmilling manouver is in order
Old 02-01-2009, 09:55 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I have to say mate, it does come across that you may be a little unworldly wise and a bit bitchy "she said this and he said that" b*llocks.

Not to knock you, bullying is bad and have been a victim and knowbody should be picked on, but if you are the sort to get into cat fights and bitching, you will get yourself into situations.

If you can handle finishing the course and they let you, then get your head down and get it done. If not, look to move on and get your career off to a start another way.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:57 PM
SteveH
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by blueskies85
In my opinion, university is for people that want the protection of school for a few more years longer and just want to hide there heads from the world!
Or people who want to get jobs in a profession. Like a doctor, Lawyer etc.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:02 PM
blueskies85

Originally Posted by SteveH
Or people who want to get jobs in a profession. Like a doctor, Lawyer etc.
Of course there is that and i probably sounded very narrow minded when i came out with that accusation... I do apologise if I offended anyone.

Im just saying that a lot of people choose university as they dont know what else to do and are maybe scared of getting a real job.... Lets face it LOADS of people come out of Uni as marine biologists etc etc and end up in mcdonalds....

Its a very touchy subject and i understand that but its sometimes not worth posting what to do with your life on a Ford forum where the majority of people started work from the minute they left school... If the topic starter needs advice on life on the internet then I really think something needs to be addressed with the individual! No offense meant, its just how i feel!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:12 PM
SteveH
BANNED
BANNED

Know what you mean bluskies, theres the old old joke "what does someone with a fine art degree say at work? would you like fries with that"

But it is a useful place to go for the right professions.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:18 PM
blueskies85

most definitely a good place to go for the right profession!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:19 PM
blueskies85

oh and another thing... I wish i had stayed in school for longer instead of smashing my hands to smitherines with this metal fabricating lark lol!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:19 PM
fatboy billy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 64 Likes on 58 Posts

this is why uni is not for me colege next year on me bodywork course bring it on just be ncie to find an apprentiship too
Old 02-01-2009, 10:21 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Have you admitted any of the face book abuse? If not do as benni says, get one of your mates to write a letter saying they sent the messages on facebook as a joke as you left yourself logged on when at a mates or your brothers etc. Benni's idea isnt as stupid as it sounds, end of the day they cant do anything to someone else for sending abusive messages on face book. Go to the highest person in the uni with your case. Don't give in though as thats just what he wants you to do.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:23 PM
RSandy
Advanced PassionFord User

so in conclusion, blame benni

and then go windmillin' in......... and blame benni
Old 02-01-2009, 10:23 PM
blueskies85

or take it as a learning process and dont get involved with all the bitching bullshit!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Even if you have admitted it, you can say I bullied you and scared you.

Benni.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is thre more to the story than just the Facebook incident as 2 months back would be October/November time????

Originally Posted by twoblacklines
And i send a rather pleasant message to Mark via facebook. I do this because the alternative is to go round to his flat and belt seven shades of shit out of him, which whilst being highly pleasing, might be unrelistic and also probably foolish.

I basically said im sick of him, blah blah, tell people what you want because you dont know me. I signed it with the word "cunt" as it just summed everything up perfectly.

Then i get suspended from uni and have been for 2 months now, because hes reported this.
Originally Posted by twoblacklines
Thats how they are doing this, i sent the msg on facebook over xmas holidays....... nothing to do with uni at all!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:40 PM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Andy_R
Is thre more to the story than just the Facebook incident as 2 months back would be October/November time????
you should change your user name to sherlock!!! well spotted.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:41 PM
blueskies85

yep defo well spotted! Do you need a side kick?
Old 02-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personally i think you need to grow up,, cant belive there are such imature people allowed in uni,, thought us morons had to get jobs

as for being a nobody,, uni dont mean you get a great job in anyway shape or form, YOU are what makes you get paied well, and someone whos fucked up 2 years of uni over something so stupid as peer presure and worrying about someones sexuality,, sorry but look back and take responcability of your life

as said a rude awakaning is comming

im a fool who never went uni but managed to sort a comfortable life,, though i was working at a till today pmsl
Old 02-01-2009, 10:44 PM
blueskies85

Originally Posted by Ginge !
personally i think you need to grow up,, cant belive there are such imature people allowed in uni,, thought us morons had to get jobs

as for being a nobody,, uni dont mean you get a great job in anyway shape or form, YOU are what makes you get paied well, and someone whos fucked up 2 years of uni over something so stupid as peer presure and worrying about someones sexuality,, sorry but look back and take responcability of your life

as said a rude awakaning is comming

im a fool who never went uni but managed to sort a comfortable life,, though i was working at a till today pmsl
Well said! Hit the nail on the head there I reckon!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:53 PM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

you cant go to uni because your gay friend called you names etc, you cant go and get a normal job because thats work for "nobodys" and you dont sound like your equipped to deal with life in general so why dont you just go home and sponge off of your parents for the rest of your life!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:54 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Maybe his christmas holidays started more than 2 months ago?
Old 02-01-2009, 10:56 PM
geoffxr4

This sounds like total rubbish to me, university's don't kick people out cos u called somebody a cunt.

Also if a student drops out the university loses money so they try their best to keep students in.

What really happened?
Old 02-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

You sir sound an ****** ******
**edited by the web team **

Last edited by Turbosystems; 03-01-2009 at 06:20 AM. Reason: abusive content
Old 02-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by mk1escoz4x4
you cant go to uni because your gay friend called you names etc, you cant go and get a normal job because thats work for "nobodys" and you dont sound like your equipped to deal with life in general so why dont you just go home and sponge off of your parents for the rest of your life!
he tried that,, but hes being kicked out of uni,, aint you read the thread ?

my advice is sort out the issues with you gay friend,, i got a gay mate,, im the LAST person who should have a gay mate but i have,,,, hes a tart ill admit and others who i know ARE against it and hate me talking about him,,,, but hes a straight up bloke (well not that straight pmsl) but i couldnt give a fuck

i also used to work witn a transexual pre opp !!!, it dont bother me at all and i couldnt give a fuck what others thought,,, theres a good chance one of the ones making fun is also gay and cant deal with it anyway

my REAL advice is fix up and sort the issue,, its that simple

PS: the way i act sometimes people think iim gay,, aint taking the piss either but i am VERY comfortable about my sexuality but can go WAY too far with things,,, at work theres a guy who thinks im gay due to me knowing a gay mate and owning pink shirts, tounge piercing and my "humour"

dont bother me though,, infact i carry on in a camp way and when he had nowhere to site i said " come here sweet cheeks,sit on daddys lap"

dont bother me, maybe you should be a little more laied back
Old 02-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 89xr2
Maybe his christmas holidays started more than 2 months ago?
Maybe it was a typo and he meant the October holidays?

Either way mistakes have been made, what makes a man is not how spectacular the fall, but how he picks himself up form it! Good Luck!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:03 PM
RSandy

this better not be the worlds most long winded 'coming out' thread
Old 02-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Maybe it was a typo and he meant the October holidays?

Either way mistakes have been made, what makes a man is not how spectacular the fall, but how he picks himself up form it! Good Luck!!!
thats the BEST advice in the shortest way,would have taken me 4 pages of drivel to say that

AND comes from a person whos been there and picked himself up,,, fair play though !!!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Smartdj.
PassionFord Post Troll

not cool man ........dont worry about student loans there never find u
Old 02-01-2009, 11:13 PM
PhilM
PassionBMW.com Member

Change Unis, enrol on another similar course, talk to admissions you may find your Year 1 can count so you go in as a 2nd year.....worth looking into I reckon mate
Old 02-01-2009, 11:14 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you can avoid it do not drop out of uni!! I did, and am working to make up for it now still! Certainly you'll be explaining at every interview you go to for the next 5-10 years why, and what happened.

Story does seem very confusing though.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:41 PM
SiZT

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cjwood555
Those terms etc are all well and good, but if you've paid tuition fees for a certain course which they are not providing the core modules of, then they have breached their side of the contract. So if it does come down to them not letting you back, make sure you at LEAST get a refund of all your fees paid to date, including accomodation and all associated expenses. A good solicitor would get you this.

Also, fight back at this guy - respond in writing to the allegations and involve the police on the basis of harassment and defamation of character.
best bit of advice on this thread.. IF you want to stay in uni, put in a complaint against him and argue that the message was sent in Social time by some bloke that you met on a Ford forum. Then make sure everyone at your uni has a suspicion that he is gay, bollocks to this 2 wrongs don't make a right shite, its like kicking someone in the balls in a fight. It should be the first thing you do
Old 03-01-2009, 12:02 AM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by SiZT
best bit of advice on this thread.. IF you want to stay in uni, put in a complaint against him and argue that the message was sent in Social time by some bloke that you met on a Ford forum. Then make sure everyone at your uni has a suspicion that he is gay, bollocks to this 2 wrongs don't make a right shite, its like kicking someone in the balls in a fight. It should be the first thing you do
oooh put in a complaint, tell them it wasnt you, tell everyone he's gay, so what if this bloke who he had handbags with is gay, your a ***** ****than he is!
** edited by the web team **

Last edited by Turbosystems; 03-01-2009 at 06:22 AM. Reason: abusive content
Old 03-01-2009, 12:08 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Your uni sounds fucked up. Throwing you out over a facebook message? wtf.

As for the few of you trying to take the high ground on people who went/go to uni, -Loads of my mates left school in 4th year, got apprenticeships now finished and earning ok money doing what they were taught, i decided to finish school and went to uni, now im finished im earning ok money doing what i was taught. Its all relative. The world needs educated people just as much as it needs joiners, builders, sparkys etc...?

Uni was the best few years of my life so far however i would never be so ignorant to say that people who left school and learned a trade are any worse off than me. Like some of you have about ex-Uni students.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:11 AM
RSandy

oooh put in a complaint, tell them it wasnt you, tell everyone he's gay, so what if this bloke who he had handbags with is gay, your a ***** **** than he is!
are you the guy the thread starter has fallen out with? because u REALLY seem to hate him, a lot!!! and have become rather defensive over him grassing up and outing the dude lol

Last edited by Turbosystems; 03-01-2009 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:16 AM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if you don't want to get called gay,don't go around with guys called elton
Old 03-01-2009, 12:17 AM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by RSandy
are you the guy the thread starter has fallen out with? because u REALLY seem to hate him, a lot!!! and have become rather defensive over him grassing up and outing the dude lol
im just not a fan of grasses i dont really care if he goes and swaps spit with him in the showers
Old 03-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by dovboy
if you don't want to get called gay,don't go around with guys called elton
is that hes gay mate..... or the one who hates gays??
Old 03-01-2009, 12:19 AM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im just not a fan of grasses i dont really care if he goes and swaps spit with him in the showers

or talk untill the wee hours of the mornin!
Old 03-01-2009, 12:21 AM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
is that hes gay mate..... or the one who hates gays??

joke,don't care if he is gay or not etc.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:24 AM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by dovboy
joke,don't care if he is gay or not etc.
it all sounds like a lovers tiff to me and twoblacklines wants to be the only gay on the campus!!!!

Last edited by mk1escoz4x4; 03-01-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:33 AM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

One of the beautiful things about uni is being able to make a fresh start. You are not hanging out with people you grew up with who may have grudges etc but are mixing with (in theory not always practice) educated people or at least people who want to be educated.

The first year normally weeds the idiots out who are there for a free ride or because mummy and daddy are paying their way.

The mistake was telling your supposed mate about your past, you should have focussed on the future and the new life you had started.

The facebook thing sounds ridiculous, is there more to it such as personally threatening him? If you did that well in the first year, I cant see them suspending you for one message on facebook?

I was in a group at uni for one subject with 3 idiots, they were the only 3 left as our class was divisible by 4 and as I had travelled to Oz and returned a week later for my second year, I was left with these 3 (I knew from the first year they weren't interested in being at uni to work). So to avoid all 4 of us failing the subject, I did the coursework and offered it them to review a couple of days before deadline. They all declined as I had 70% + on most assignments in year 1. Unfortunately I fucked this one up by missing the point and going too technical with it and we failed the coursework element. All 3 of them grassed on me to the program leader who called me in and asked for my side. Once I explained, he said "I thought as much" and sure enough only 1 out of the 3 finished the course.

My point is, if they know you as a hard worker and an achiever, why suspend you. The guys that were suspended on my course didnt turn up to lectures, had worryingly similar coursework to other students and were always the ones asking for extensions.

Definately stay at uni, a degree is needed in this day and age to progress highly in IT unless you know someone in the business.

Quick Reply: My life - advice ?