General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Being refunded for an item, but not for postage????

Search this Thread

Old 26-11-2008, 09:35 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Being refunded for an item, but not for postage????

Is this "normal"????

The postage was only for £4.50 so I'm not going to get all worried about it, BUT, I am really pissed off with the service I have recieved, so I'm going to write a complaint, but do you think this is unreasonable, based on the events below???

Got married around 2 months ago, amongst the presents we got 2 photo frames from different people, the same stlye but different sizes...
So my wife thought it would be a good idea to mount these on the wall, large one in the middle and a small one at each side, of which we needed to buy another one.

We went into Debenhams which is the only place you can get this exact one from, if i am correct, and they said it had just been discontinued and could be bought online.... So we bought one off the site as planned.

Got home from work and I had a delivery note through my door saying it had been delivered, and in the notes section it said "Package has been dropped over the back fence..." it's about 8ft high
Opened it up and it was smashed, unsurprisingly!
Called up, complained and called the courier company aswell to ask what sort of moron throws things over fences onto concrete paving, to which the only response was, how are we to know what's in the box....PRICK, to which I replied "All the more reason not to throw it over the fu*king fence then"
Anyway, got it collected, got a new one, and it's broken AGAIN!!!!!!!! Now they say they don't have any left, and have refunded me the price of the frame but not the postage, really pisses me off, I PAID for a postal service which was shite, why should I not get a refund on that as it was clearly the issue with it being broken TWICE!
Their eyes must be fookin' painted on...........

Also forgot to add, both my neighbours don't work and are always in as they are both childminders and one of them doesn't even drive, and the fence they threw it over can only be done by going into my neighbours garden....

Last edited by rog; 26-11-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 26-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be taking it up with the courier service honey!

Just on the off chance, google the particular style of fram,e you may well find it elsewhere or ebay!
Old 26-11-2008, 09:43 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cheers Maria, already tried that, I'll keep looking though!
The comany they use called "Parcelnet" and are apparently notorious for shrugging off complaints and bad service, I only found this out on the net after trying for ages to get their telephone number and saw alot off pissed off people! Like I say, money is not the issue, they're just complete idiots...
Old 26-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Normal to not be refunded postage but its Debenhams and hence will have ridiculous customer care service so I'd stomp in and kick off and get some vouchers for your trouble.
Old 26-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Id get them to ring round every single god damn store in the uk just to make sure one of them doesnt have one last one in stock!
Old 26-11-2008, 01:00 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats ridiculous throwing it over the fence! What a donkey!

My postman seems to have a bad habit of leaving things in my wheelie bin, and just writes on the back of one of the many junk mail letters 'package left in bin'!!!!!!!!!!!!! How STUPID can you get!

I agree with the postage cost, youve paid for a service and not got it, and got a VERY bad one at that!

I dont know about anyone else, but customers service seems to be worse than ever in the UK.

Last edited by S1rst; 26-11-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 26-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by S1rst
My postman seems to have a bad habit of leaving things in my wheelie bin, and just writes on the back of one of the many junk mail letters 'package left in bin'!!!!!!!!!!!!! How STUPID can you get!
Whats wrong with that? I've done that today about 20 times ppl only moan when a form is left, you can't win
Old 26-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Spax
Whats wrong with that? I've done that today about 20 times ppl only moan when a form is left, you can't win

Old 26-11-2008, 03:17 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well it doesn't help when you get some cock saying, "How are we supposed to know what's in the box...?" If you don't know then don't f**kn' launch it over the fence. Obviously a no brainer, how they manage to drive and navigate from place to place is a mystery, as comon sense seems to be a rarity......
Anyway fuck it....
Old 26-11-2008, 03:25 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Spax
Well i just dont expect it in the bin thats all. Anywhere else then yes, but not in the bin with a note scribbled on a letter.
Old 26-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

In this case i would expect the P&P back to as that created the problem.
Old 27-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

fucking hell! idiots! cant believe they went into another garden to pop it in yours! i was wondering how they got round the back!!
Old 27-11-2008, 09:01 AM
marky_g
Fleet Manager

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i'd say postage costs are non refundable if its a private vendor Ebay etc but if its an established company then you would expect that to be refunded postage costs to
Old 27-11-2008, 09:31 AM
PGT
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by marky_g
i'd say postage costs are non refundable if its a private vendor Ebay etc but if its an established company then you would expect that to be refunded postage costs to
why any different on ebay?

you pay to have something packed and posted - seems perfectly reasonable to me that the postage is done with some care.

the courier is essentially a subcontractor to the supplier thus the supplier is responsible for the goods getting delivered properly.
Old 27-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Rodge.
Regular Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S1rst
Well i just dont expect it in the bin thats all. Anywhere else then yes, but not in the bin with a note scribbled on a letter.
Mine does that too

Hope he doesn't do it on bin day!
Old 27-11-2008, 11:11 AM
ikarma70
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

comes down to a contract between the selling company and courier even though you paid for it.

its usual not to get refunded on the postage.