General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Noooooo! Not now

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Frogford
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at least its only a head gasket, easy peasy. My van did this on thursday whilst I was doing 50 down the M40....

Old 08-11-2008, 04:26 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

ricey your 14a looked kool! you on the sxoc? i've got a 14a too

how the F**k did both sides get hit on the 200?

ps. can i have the seats?

oh, welcome to PF and FORDS
Old 08-11-2008, 04:46 PM
ricey
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by cheeky dog
ricey your 14a looked kool! you on the sxoc? i've got a 14a too

how the F**k did both sides get hit on the 200?

ps. can i have the seats?

oh, welcome to PF and FORDS

thank you. yes im on the owners club just not very often now.

the learner drive pulled out of a give way turning right(towards me) and stalled. i locked all 4 wheels and hit her sideways in the passenger side rear quater. it spun me 180 degree's up a kurb which ripped the wheel off and in to a wall.. i will admit i was speedin alittle but was not expectin her to stall. it turned out she only had a pervisonal licence with No passenger.

i smashed the seats with my shoulder mate, i did not have a belt on and ended up on the passenger side with the impact and bent them on the way

they wear mint seats. i love BRIDE seats

i loved my 200 and with a shimmed diff i had it sideways every wear i went (if safe ) lol. miss the drift track days but it has changed the way i drive. i was lucky to walk away from this relitively unhurt. i am always thinkin what if?
Old 08-11-2008, 04:52 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

pleased it was the h/g fella!
Old 08-11-2008, 05:42 PM
ricey
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Frogford
at least its only a head gasket, easy peasy. My van did this on thursday whilst I was doing 50 down the M40....

holy shit matey.... bet that dirtyed you boxers
Old 08-11-2008, 06:08 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by ricey
thank you. yes im on the owners club just not very often now.

the learner drive pulled out of a give way turning right(towards me) and stalled. i locked all 4 wheels and hit her sideways in the passenger side rear quater. it spun me 180 degree's up a kurb which ripped the wheel off and in to a wall.. i will admit i was speedin alittle but was not expectin her to stall. it turned out she only had a pervisonal licence with No passenger.

i smashed the seats with my shoulder mate, i did not have a belt on and ended up on the passenger side with the impact and bent them on the way

they wear mint seats. i love BRIDE seats

i loved my 200 and with a shimmed diff i had it sideways every wear i went (if safe ) lol. miss the drift track days but it has changed the way i drive. i was lucky to walk away from this relitively unhurt. i am always thinkin what if?
ahh sheeet, want some brides.

accident sounds and looks bad. had 3 accidents this year and all involved loosing traction and now im not the same! doesnt help driving a rwd turbo.lol
Old 17-11-2008, 06:29 PM
ricey
Regular Contributor

well took the car to dmc on saturday and left the car with him. he has striped the head and number 1 and 2 pistons are damaged

the car was running fine before head gasket and i hadjust had it set up so all i can think is the fucking flid that had it before me, he was running it at 20 psi ish and had the fuel system back to front

well i simply cant afford to rebuilt this close to x mas so i told him just to do the head gasket and mounts. when i went to pick the car up today at 6pm it was still on the stands. i turns out some one has used the wrong sized bolts on the thermostate housing and treaded the fucking block

it infuryates me why these type of people even buy cars

an engine rebuild was the last thing i wanted to do as it's a grand i could put towards a cossie

rant over
Old 17-11-2008, 06:42 PM
as355f1

Originally Posted by ricey
well took the car to dmc on saturday and left the car with him. he has striped the head and number 1 and 2 pistons are damaged

the car was running fine before head gasket and i hadjust had it set up so all i can think is the fucking flid that had it before me, he was running it at 20 psi ish and had the fuel system back to front

well i simply cant afford to rebuilt this close to x mas so i told him just to do the head gasket and mounts. when i went to pick the car up today at 6pm it was still on the stands. i turns out some one has used the wrong sized bolts on the thermostate housing and treaded the fucking block

it infuryates me why these type of people even buy cars

an engine rebuild was the last thing i wanted to do as it's a grand i could put towards a cossie

rant over
Just got home !

all your water pump housing bolts have been drilled and re tapped now mate and its running sweet as a nut, just got your mounts to do and a quick test drive and all should be well. you need to find a radiator mate as once its up to temp that one could go pop, not worth the risk IMHO, number one and two pistons are badly marked from det but it does not seem to be affecting the running will see on the test drive in the morn.
Old 17-11-2008, 06:46 PM
ricey
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by as355f1
Just got home !

all your water pump housing bolts have been drilled and re tapped now mate and its running sweet as a nut, just got your mounts to do and a quick test drive and all should be well. you need to find a radiator mate as once its up to temp that one could go pop, not worth the risk IMHO, number one and two pistons are badly marked from det but it does not seem to be affecting the running will see on the test drive in the morn.
cheers jim . ill sort the rad next week. i still havent had my first pay check yet lol( week lyin on ) so will sort the rad next week. i have your bit though!

big thanks mate

john
Old 17-11-2008, 06:50 PM
as355f1

might be worth putting a post on here someones prop got one lying around that they might donate,